Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoes
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 8:37am

was talking to a friend today and he said the #1 most forgotten item in preps is SHOES. Thought about it and yes I hadn't given it much attention. I would hate to be chassing looters or tending the garden in high heels. I mean I do like to wear them just not....er ,,,mmmm... I'd better shut up now... 

Thought I'd pass that along... The shoe thing I mean.

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 8:41am
I hvae mone and next year sizes for my kids..and rubber boots and winter boots already and I have just gone out and started on the larger sized snow suits for all of us..even me cause if i have to put extra layers undernaeth..best place to buy the bigger shoes just in case...is the sally ann or thrift shops...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 10:45am
I hunt, so I have plenty of footwear that is waterproof and warm. I have outfiited my wife and daughter with the same as they do hunt with me on occasion.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 11:59am
I will get next years clothes for my son and myself  at the last as i think towards the end people will get food  I will be getting clothes and paper supplies ..   But thanks for the post 
Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 2:30pm

This is a good reminder. I think DH is good on boots and such since he hunts as well. He has lots of waterproof boots and clothing.

I, on the other hand, need a new pair of hiking boots and another pair of crosstrainer shoes.

Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic