Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Walipini

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzie b.g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walipini
    Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:04am
We live in Bulgaria and it is generally too hot in summer and too cold in winter to grow vegetables successfully so we are thinking of digging a Walipini which is an underground greenhouse which uses the earths heat so you can grow vegetables all year round. Has anybody got any experience or advice on building one.
Annie View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 10:34am
Hello Lizzie, I have a neighbor who is doing hydro ponice (sp) with great success. Keep us posted on your decision and what you learn.
Dense populations are going to be hit very hard by this pestiferousness little (flu virus) monster. "Technologist"
Stock 3 months water, food, weapon/ammo, meds, supplies, and some money at home.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2013 at 8:05am
These are a terrific way to extend your growing season! A good way to help keep them warmer longer is to put barrels of water along the back walls and paint them a flat black color. They absorb heat all day and release it at night. I have found this allowed me to start growing a few weeks earlier when I lived in cold country. Please keep us posted on your progress!
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
lizzie b.g View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzie b.g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2013 at 9:12am
The digger arrives on Sunday, we had torrential rain for a a week which set us back a few weeks. We grow most of our food in summer but with the possibility of social distancing coming up I need to extend our growing season.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic