Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

12 test positive for MERS-Cov in Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by debbiencusa debbiencusa wrote:

One would also need to flush the eye with sterile water and you can also use the solution which is supposed to sterilize contact lenses to flush the eye with, making sure to cleanse lashes and brows which could have virus also.

So given the fact you can't see or sense it unless someone sneezed or coughed in your eyes you'd never know when to flush. And at that point of entry exactly how long would that even work after suspected transmission? How long does it take for the virus to enter your system after infection through the eye? I'd have to think it is very very quick.
Albert View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 9:59pm
Summarize it.  They couldn't properly test because they're not as smart as niman?   Although I wouldn't doubt it, niman isn't that good. Give me a break.  Although, we acquired swineflu.org from him seeing it first emerge out of Mexico in April, 2009.  

Still not an answer.
Albert View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 10:50pm
we need to retest
debbiencusa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbiencusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 11:47pm
Looper,  I wear contacts the old time hard ones, so I keep the rinses on hand in my purse with me. I was saying if I were a health care worker and taking care of someone with a infectious  disease.  I talked to a friend who is in health care during flu season, she said she showered before anything else when she came home for the day. In the event of a deadly pandemic I would really ramp up my routine, but that's just me. Not saying anyone else should or needs to. My thought on the false positives was that since they were health care workers they may have done some extreme measures to protect themselves also. I believe I read on here under preps that wearing eye goggles when going out during a pandemic protects the mucus membranes of the eye. I do not know how easy it is to catch things from eye exposure but I know you are able to, because people pass pink eye pretty easy.  
God Bless
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

we need to retest

Agreed - either the test is flawed or they're testing too early.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 7:35pm

Thursday, June 6, 2013

#Coronavirus #MERS Italy - New suspected case of MERS in La Spezia, man hospitalized in isolation

Translation
June 6, 2013

La Spezia - A new case of SARS in La Spezia? Back from a trip to the Middle East, a man introduced himself to the hospital complaining of high fever, cough and sore throat, as well as gastrointestinal disorders: symptoms completely the same as those of the new Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. Sant'Andrea Hospital doctors have admitted the patient in the isolation ward and Infectious took the test to verify the nature of the disease. We await the results.

Posted
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 8:26pm
All tne symptoms match and he recently came back from the Middle East. Now we wait...
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic