Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Johns Hopkins Scientist Slams Flu Vaccine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johns Hopkins Scientist Slams Flu Vaccine
    Posted: September 19 2013 at 12:01pm

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/influenza-virus-flu-vaccine-Peter-Doshi-Ph-D-/2013/05/16/id/504942

A Johns Hopkins scientist has issued a blistering report on influenza vaccines in the British Medical Journal (BMJ). Peter Doshi, Ph.D., charges that although the vaccines are being pushed on the public in unprecedented numbers, they are less effective and cause more side effects than alleged by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Further, says Doshi, the studies that underlie the CDC's policy of encouraging most people to get a yearly flu shot are often low quality studies that do not substantiate the official claims."

"

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 2:07pm
Is this the same Doshi that said the concept of " extreme mortality" during a pandemic "appears to be a generalization of a single data point"?
Buy more ammo!
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 2:29pm
Personally I wouldn't touch a flu vaccine with a 10 foot pole. I've never had one and never will.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 11:31pm
Thank you all for speaking up.  I've been ostrasized here many times for speaking out against flu shots.  I used to get them routinely, but then stopped after reading tons of information about them. 

I've read similar articles regarding his statement; "The only randomized trial of influenza vaccine in older people found no decrease in deaths."

Vaccines are pushed so hard that most everyone thinks they're actually good for you.  Tell people something enough and they'll eventually believe it.

I'd rather get real immunity from actually getting the flu while I'm healthy so that when I'm older I might have a fighting chance against the flu rather than relying on a mismatched influenza shot at the age of 88.

As far as I'm concerned, the pharmaceutical community is still "experimenting" on people and they're the ones who gain huge financially.
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 6:45pm
You realize this is the guy that pitched pandemics as no such thing, made up and everyone is dieing of GMO food, poisons, bacteria, ect not flu

Of course that was just another anti vaccine dillusionsl rant as we'll

I gues AFT is not needed might as well close up and everyone go home
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 7:42pm
Feel free!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 9:48pm
Elver is all over the vaccine this year.  Rishat a member here will take care of you on vax.  Jacksdad has full patent on rishat.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 10:51am
I don't blame or say bad things about people who don't want to take the flu vaccine. Taking a vaccine is a choice that each has to make. I choose to take it but that does not make me stupid or wrong.

I think you should state your views but people at our ages are going to do what we think is best for our families. I was one of the first to give my 9 year old the vaccine because when young children stated dying of the flu I was not willing to take a chance. Like my mama says, "Do your best and then you will not feel as bad because you did your best."

My mama is right but my best may be different than your best and we should not judge either way. Ok, enough said.
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 12:34pm
Very well put flumom
WHAT TO DO????
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 3:30pm
I phoned a friend this morning and was surprised to find her husband at home on a Monday morning. He told me he has the flu, the second time in 2 months, and he said that for the first time ever he had a flu shot at the start of the flu season here, and since then he's been ill, one thing after another all winter. He also said that he's never really been ill with a seasonal complaint before in his life until he had the flu shot.

Coincidence or what?

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 9:28pm
No coincidence. Anyone who gets a flu shot trades temporary immunity for the very serious risk of an autoimmune disease. The neurotoxins in vaccines can suppress the immune system. A better strategy is to get off sugar & exercize.
Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2013 at 10:10pm
what if you suffer from an auto immune disease such as Inflammatory bowel disease? would the vaccine still be a safe choice?
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 10:59am
Elver,

I agree with you.  I'm starting to think that refined sugar is the root of almost all of our health issues.  That and overuse of anti-biotics.

jdljr1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdljr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 2:02am
     Irrational anti-vaccine ranting causes a lot of people to suffer from sickness of many kinds and not limited to flu.  I have taken flu vaccine every year, sometimes twice, for nearly fourty years wiithout serious side effect.   I for one do not intend to suffer extreme misery or even death because of a movement advocating I also risk getting pnuemonia, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, measles, hepatitus, shingles, and a whole lot of other things based upon irrational fear of vaccines.  Vaccines remain a modern day medical miracle.   Their efficacy is the only reason the anti-vaccine movement can exist.  If we still had tens of thousands in iron lungs, or dying in the streets from smallpox and typhoid, no one would be interested.
John L
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 10:04am
certain vaccines are great but I don't think it's irrational to question the need for a flu vaccine.  Pnuemonia vaccines would be better option and I've not heard anything negative about those.

Anti-biotics were great until we over prescribed them and now we're having so many health issues caused from them.  google "yeast overgrowth syndrome".  It's real and I have it and it has almost ruined my life beginning at the age of 25.

do I take them when I need to... yes, but I also now get a prescription for diflucan to offset the negative effects.

John View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 2:06pm
With any vaccine with only a 60% efficacy for complete protection, the flu and the shingles vaccine are about this, I certainly respect your opinion.  If you prefer the natural route, elderberry extract is an alternative.  Best, John
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by nc_girl nc_girl wrote:

certain vaccines are great but I don't think it's irrational to question the need for a flu vaccine.  Pnuemonia vaccines would be better option and I've not heard anything negative about those.

Well, not quite...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1392594/Pneumonia-jabs-pensioners-scrapped-dont-work.html
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Norm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 11:19am
I used to get the flu every year many years ago when I was younger.  Then I started getting flu shots, and I haven't had the flu at all for  close to 50 years. 
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 5:05pm
My whole family had the flu last Thanksgiving. Got the vaccine a week ago today. I had swollen lymph nodes under both arms and felt bad but it was nothing like the real thing.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 8:34pm
I had the flu shot first part of October. We now have Type A flu at my work. I hope the flu shot keeps me well but we have so much else going around I bet something will get me sick.

cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 4:18am
Got a vaccination when traveling to Indonesia. Then developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Maybe coincidence. It was 6 years of hell. And still effects me 20 years later. 

Since then i have researched the hell out of vaccines. And most are unnecessary. There are however a few which are worthwhile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic