Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Govt. Shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who is in favor of govt shutdown to defund Obamacare?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [30.91%]
38 [69.09%]

Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Govt. Shutdown
    Posted: October 01 2013 at 7:56pm
Do you think Obama should converse with the Republicans?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 10:21pm
I think Obama needs to do the right thing here. Either we are all on board or we are not.

This crap with exemptions and special privileges for special people is patently against the Fourteenth Amendment.

I find it astounding that they thought it'd be okay to say that everyone else falls under 0bamacare except congress, senate, and their aids and family.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 10:27pm
Turboguy, you are right congress and aids are exempt...gee why? Obama is the hard line here. He should talk and negotiate but the press is only publishing that the Repubs are at fault so people believe the press.

This country is going down the tubes!
Is this a Joke View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Is this a Joke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 12:08pm
Are you guys brainwashed WTF

Allowing extremists to hold the entire country hostage over something that is already passed and the law of the Land, millions of taxpayer dollars spent in the courts and upheld by the Supreme Court, as well as a presidential election and you all still don't get it

You gotta be kidding me

What a Joke, looks like the Republican Party is turning itself into a party of dictators
Crying Out Loud View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 12:27pm
To Is This A Joke.
I know you are going to feel very embarrassed, but you blasted off your trumpet in the wrong chamber. This place is avian flu talk, where individuals may terrify each other about getting deathly ill and dying in a very horrifying way. It is a fun hobby that each one of us have. You know, using the power of suggestion to get the old heart on rapid pump and survival mode.

If you want to express your outrage about the governmental sewer system, you must go to Washington. That is where you may blast your horn about the dictators, and other such names.Of course if you want to exchange scarry tales about plagues, bugs, needles and vomit, this is the place to be.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 1:49pm
i find it all a bit hard to get my head around ,living in a country with free health care for ALL, i just dont

understand how people could be against helping their  own, then expect those same people to fight for

their  country in times of need ......
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 4:50pm
Our healthcare isn't FREE!  The people who pay for healthcare pay outrageous prices to cover not only themselves, but everyone who doesn't pay in!  The layarounds expect to get free housing, free food, and free healthcare.

I hope our government stays shut down because the democrats don't ever want to negoatiate anything with the republicans.  These democrats passed this outrageous healthcare law that over half the country doesn't want.  (The working half!)  This was a bipartisan bill that passed by a narrow margin.  Congress wasn't given a chance to read it let alone debate it or even debate parts of it.  Nancy Pelosi said that we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.  It was the democrats who were extremists in not allowing anybody time to read this before passing it.  How could all those Democrats vote on anything they didn't even try to understand?

This is no way to run a government.  And now the democrats don't understand why the republicans are taking such a hard stance?  The republicans stand firm now or we're all screwed.

In fact over 90% of the IRS has been furloughed.  That's a good thing!

I hope that we don't raise our debt ceiling and that our credit is downgraded causing the stock market to fall.  Will the democrats negotiate then?  Perhaps that will wipe the silly little smirks off of their faces.

I think we should send all these layarounds to Australia and you can give them FREE healthcare!
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 6:00pm
I think there is a big crash coming. The only question is when. Most of our government works like a professional wrestling company. Just play acting. They want the crash to happen after they have medicine in their control and after they have our guns. It seems the part of the government not belonging to the wrestling company is willing to have the crash come off sooner.
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 6:55pm
The idea that Obamacare wou make health care affordable is laughable. They didn't reform or pass legislation relating to the COSTS that make health care and subsequently health insurance expensive. When you still pay 50 dollars for an aspirin in a hospital that actually cost 50 cents is that health care reform?

And congress exempts themselves LOL. Would you expect any less in a plutocracy?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Is this a Joke Is this a Joke wrote:

Allowing extremists to hold the entire country hostage over something that is already passed and the law of the Land, millions of taxpayer dollars spent in the courts and upheld by the Supreme Court, as well as a presidential election and you all still don't get it

You gotta be kidding me

What a Joke, looks like the Republican Party is turning itself into a party of dictators

First and foremost: Take a breath Francis.

Secondly, the only brainwashed person here is you.

It's cute that you're screaming "Extremist" when last time I checked a solid, and I mean SOLID 70% of Americans are against 0bamacare, and as sorry as I am to say this, princess, this crap isn't going to make anything cheaper on anyone and is patently UnConstitutional. (Look up equal protection under the law if you don't believe me.) Seems that the only extremist here is you.

Literally Elver and I agree on just about nothing, except this.

The House is doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. There is a reason that there is a House and a Senate and that specifically to prevent unbelievably bad legislation from becoming law, i.e. 0bamacare.

If you're so sure this is dictatorship, ask yourself why it is that YOUR party is basically treating themselves as bourgeois by passing laws that they do not have to abide by? Isn't that the very definition of dictatorship?

So drink your koolaid, I hope it's grape flavor.

Since you're obviously ignorant of what 0bamacare is going to do, why don't you figure out why companies AKA employers are looking for any way possible to avoid dealing with it?

Please explain how these employers cutting all work hours to 28 hours a week while forcing the people to buy their own health insurance that most of them ALREADY can't afford is going to be an economic "Good Thing."

And lastly, please explain how shutting a teensy part of the government down is akin to holding the country hostage. Sure, I got furloughed, but when this is all said and done I'll get back pay for all the days I should have worked. Also the mail and pretty much every other function of government is still up and running. Your welfare check is going to be in the mail on the 30th.

You are the brainwashed one here.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

i find it all a bit hard to get my head around ,living in a country with free health care for ALL, i just dont

understand how people could be against helping their  own, then expect those same people to fight for

their  country in times of need ......

First off, military people in the U.S. Have free health insurance. It's called Tricare.

Secondly, 0bamacare is NOT free healthcare. In fact this is going to dramatically increase healthcare costs on the individual. Basically the law says that everyone has to buy something from a company just to breathe.

Imagine what you'd say if I was the emperor of Australia and my first decree was that you had to buy my pubic hair for $2000 a year or you're going to jail. That's basically how the law works.

Lastly, our healthcare system is far superior to even yours. Ever wonder why the very wealthy from around the world rush here when they're very sick? Sure, socialized medicine is great for emergency stuff, but when it comes to long term care situations, it quite honestly sucks. You and your currently operable cancer sit behind me and my ingrown toenail in line. When it's your turn, your cancer isn't operable anymore.

Another thing is like a few years ago I broke my right leg, a tibia, fibula, broke the malleolis off my tibia and dislocated my ankle. The doctors said I'd never run again and would forever walk with a limp. I shopped around and went to a sports medicine provider, Tria Orthopedics, where I had my surgery and physical therapy. They're literally the best in the country and our major sports teams use them exclusively. My physical therapy partner was a professional baseball player who gave me crap that I'd been to durkhadurkhastan eight times and never got hurt, then wrestling around with my brother, break my leg.

I ran three marathons in 2012 and one and a half this year. I ran my Air Force fitness test mile and a half in ten minutes, ten seconds and screwed around knowing that I could have gone a lot faster. My leg is pretty much 99% and if you saw me walking you'd never know. I was able to shop around and then go to the best in my country. Can you say you have the same opportunities?

There is a reason free market capitalism works. You just have to let it.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2013 at 9:35pm
Turbo,

You mean we actually agree on something?  FINALLY!

I tried to check out the Colorado State Exchange website and got an error message so I tried to write both senators from our state.  One of these pukes even had his website down, citing "government shutdown".  Apparently, this democrat doesn't even feel like accepting e-mail.  The democrats feel that because they control the Senate and their president is a democrate that they don't have to negotiate anything because the "king Obama" will simply decree it the way he always does.

I meant what I said above about not wanting the debt ceiling lifted so that our credit is downgraded.  I don't give a crap anymore.  If we don't collapse now, it will be far worse later on anyway.  I've reached the apathetic stage because we're all doomed in this economy anyway, it's only a question of when.  Nobody in Washington wants to risk losing votes by cutting spending programs so our problems will never get fixed or pushed farther out.

Alan Greenspan once worked for the Boston Federal Reserve.  He worked on developing a plan on how to get "new" money into the hands of the people after a collapse.  His plan to give out "new" money is based on how much someone paid into social security.  It's not perfect, but it is the best there is.  Also, our Treasury mints coins, not the Federal Reserve.  The best plan I can come up with is to diversify between stock, cash, and metals.  However, it is prohibitively expensive to mint new coins so we're saving ours.  In fact, we break bills every chance we get just to get more coins.  Post collapse the paper dollar may be worthless, but 4 quarters will still have value.

The Federal Reserve and the Bank of England (BOE) wrote a joint paper titled "Resolving Globally Active, Systemically Important, Financial Institutions" dated December 10th, 2012.  You can search for this and read it.  "The goal is to produce resolution strategies that could be implemented for the failure of one or more of the largest financial institutions".  "A resolution strategy for a failed or failing G-SIFI should assign losses to shareholders and unsecured creditors"  An unsecured creditor is the depositor!  "In all likelihood, shareholders would lose all value and unsecured creditors should thus expect that their claims would be written down to reflect any
losses that shareholders did not cover."  FDIC couldn't cope with a banking collapse.

Basically, the depositors would lose all of their savings and get worthless stock certificates in the bankrupt bank.  It could take years before any of this stock would be worth anything if ever.

If your money is in a bank, it is at grave risk.  If Helicopter Ben keeps printing, then our money will keep losing value anyway. 

Buy anything and everything you think you're going to need for some period of time such as shoes, clothing, new appliances, and some food.  It's a sad state of affairs to think that we'll have to live like this until SHTF, but it's the only smart thing to do.  If nothing else, you'll save money in the long run by buying items now before hyperinflation hits.  Later on, when our grocery bills are double or triple what they are now you won't have the money to buy shoes or socks.

Obamacare will make everybody poor.  This will speed up the economic collapse.  Save your coins.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 1:19pm

Quickly - before it bankrupts Massachusetts...

LOLLOLLOL

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 2:15pm
we pay for our health system through our Taxes, or Medicare Levy,% of how much you earn just to clear

up that our's is not "free" service ,our problem here is that some of the Med's for cancer cost thousands of

$ a shot that sucks the kitty dry,thats where the cost blow out,companies charging lots  for Meds that are

cheap to manafacture so they make billions  of profit from suffering
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
jody05/005 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jody05/005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Carbon20    "and the meek shall inherit the earth "   WHATS LEFT OF IT !!!!   will we want it ???
HOPE
Is This A Joke View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Is This A Joke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 4:34pm
Elver

As usual everything you said is exactly the opposite of the real world

Sounds more like you just want the country destroyed so you can justify you pathetic existence and get some use of your preps

Why don't you just get out of there if you can't handle living in a country with different views rather than just making the crap up to appease your conscious   You seem to be ok with thousands of people being hurt over a political position that has lost Multiple times and just can't move on

It's people like you that will cost the repuican party coming up, the country k ows what's going on, it's not hard to see this is nothing more than stunt from a marginal group who wish to be dictators and screw everyone rlse and there views

What happens next time you don't have the votes in the congress, senate, executive branch
A car bomb -- armed assault

What a joke
And you don't even get it
Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 5:28pm
This article gives insight into the Republican mindset. Scary and pathetic.  

Kristol: ‘Not the end of the world’ if shutdown halts food benefits
Jane C. Timm, @janestreet
8:29 AM on 10/02/2013
Twitter166
Facebook7K+

The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol thinks America needs to calm down about the shutdown.
“I think there’s a little bit too much hysteria,” Kristol said on Wednesday’s Morning Joe. “We’re going to have to have a negotiation.”
But The Huffington Post’s Sam Stein challenged him that real people are feeling the effects of a shutdown.
“Maybe in your world it’s not the end of the world,” Stein fired back. “Eighty-five thousand people are losing nutritional assistance in Arkansas, that’s not inside the Beltway, that’s Arkansas. Thirteen Head Start programs are closing in Connecticut.”
It’s more than that: 23 Head Start programs in 11 states have sent low-income preschool children back home, because they lack the funding to stay open; 850,000 federal employees were placed on immediate, unpaid leave; and a number of veteran’s services were hit by the shutdown, too.
“For these people who are affected by these cuts, it is sort of comparable to the end of the world. I understand it’s great to wait it out and to negotiate from a better platform with more power and the debt ceiling and all that,” Stein continued. “But those two weeks while you wait it out are consequential for a whole number of people, not just in the agencies that the Republicans want funded. I think we tend to lose that kind of perspective in these kinds of conversations.”
Republicans have moved to fund, piecemeal, a handful of specific agencies. Three such bills were defeated in the House of Representatives on Tuesday by Democrats, but the Senate and the president have both promised to kill the bills if they reached them, saying the complete government needed to be funded, not just Republicans’ favorites.
“Look, I think if there are genuine human emergencies the Republican House should move to fund those relevant programs,” Kristol said looking skeptical. “But a one or two week shutdown is not going to be the end of the world and if you can’t go into the Smithsonian—” he began.
“Unless you’re on nutritional assistance,” Stein countered.
“It’s not going to be the end of the world, honestly, even if you’re on nutritional assistance from the federal government. The state of Arkansas can help out, localities can help out, churches can help out, I believe no one is going to starve in Arkansas because of the shutdown,” Kristol concluded.
Share this with friends
Twitter166

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

This article gives insight into the Republican mindset. Scary and pathetic.  

Kristol: ‘Not the end of the world’ if shutdown halts food benefits
Jane C. Timm, @janestreet
8:29 AM on 10/02/2013
Twitter166
Facebook7K+

The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol thinks America needs to calm down about the shutdown.
“I think there’s a little bit too much hysteria,” Kristol said on Wednesday’s Morning Joe. “We’re going to have to have a negotiation.”
But The Huffington Post’s Sam Stein challenged him that real people are feeling the effects of a shutdown.
“Maybe in your world it’s not the end of the world,” Stein fired back. “Eighty-five thousand people are losing nutritional assistance in Arkansas, that’s not inside the Beltway, that’s Arkansas. Thirteen Head Start programs are closing in Connecticut.”
It’s more than that: 23 Head Start programs in 11 states have sent low-income preschool children back home, because they lack the funding to stay open; 850,000 federal employees were placed on immediate, unpaid leave; and a number of veteran’s services were hit by the shutdown, too.
“For these people who are affected by these cuts, it is sort of comparable to the end of the world. I understand it’s great to wait it out and to negotiate from a better platform with more power and the debt ceiling and all that,” Stein continued. “But those two weeks while you wait it out are consequential for a whole number of people, not just in the agencies that the Republicans want funded. I think we tend to lose that kind of perspective in these kinds of conversations.”
Republicans have moved to fund, piecemeal, a handful of specific agencies. Three such bills were defeated in the House of Representatives on Tuesday by Democrats, but the Senate and the president have both promised to kill the bills if they reached them, saying the complete government needed to be funded, not just Republicans’ favorites.
“Look, I think if there are genuine human emergencies the Republican House should move to fund those relevant programs,” Kristol said looking skeptical. “But a one or two week shutdown is not going to be the end of the world and if you can’t go into the Smithsonian—” he began.
“Unless you’re on nutritional assistance,” Stein countered.
“It’s not going to be the end of the world, honestly, even if you’re on nutritional assistance from the federal government. The state of Arkansas can help out, localities can help out, churches can help out, I believe no one is going to starve in Arkansas because of the shutdown,” Kristol concluded.
Share this with friends
Twitter166

You can squeal Republicans all you want, but it's the head coach who always takes the heat, not the offensive or defensive coordinator.

Zer0 is taking the brunt of this deal, no matter what your sweet liberal media might want to tell you.

They're the same people that said Zer0 was a genius throughout the Syria fiasco, when in reality he was made to look like an abject fool and an amateur on the international stage.
Sea wolfe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea wolfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 9:04pm
Whoa - - being retired military let me tell ya how it worked. The recruiters show up an say Duty, Honor and Country so you should sign up. However, you will only be paid about 2/3s of what you could make as a civilian BUT you will get free medical for life if you live to retire. We (the recruiters) promise on the good faith of the Government. So here we go - - I lived through Vietnam and Desert Storm and all in between. Now I have Tri Care for life. Here is the catch - - Tri Care pays the Doctors squat so the Doctors are reluctant to accept Tri Care patients. It's hard to find a good Doctor BUT I got my free medical - - Just like I was promised! ! !
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 9:37pm
Do you think Obama should converse with the Republicans?

Yes, but with the understanding that the mandated part of the law needs to be removed. It is unfair, unconstitutional, and will not fund Obamacare as many may think. Why won't it though? Because the majority doesn't believes in it, and of those that don't, they will find a way to not comply with this part of the law. Besides when it comes to this issue, the feds forcing people to participate in this program is very non-American.
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Is this a Joke Is this a Joke wrote:

You gotta be kidding me

This is not true. Look at it like this. If you have two forces opposing each other, and neither refuses to move, then which one is the true obstruction? I think you know the answer. They both are. So realize this and look at the issue instead of falling into the blame game. It is obvious to me that this blaming one another is not the answer, the democrats and Republicans can attest to that, so stay neural at all costs.

Secondly, understand why they are doing it, blaming each other, or at least in part. They are doing it so that they don't get vilified in our eyes, which is just another tactic they have used time and time to get re-elected. When are people going to see through this nonsense? I, for one, am not biting. In my eyes, both parties are at fault, and have been at fault for everything that has been going on in this nation for a long time, and I will not be fooled by them anymore.

Now, as far as Obamacare is concerned, part of it is good, like the parts that stop some of the corruption that the insurance companies have been up to, but I'm not willing to allow my government to take away anymore of my rights just so they can fix this corruption. It is time to stand up for our rights, and I'm not going to take it anymore. 
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Sea wolfe Sea wolfe wrote:

Whoa - - being retired military let me tell ya how it worked. The recruiters show up an say Duty, Honor and Country so you should sign up. However, you will only be paid about 2/3s of what you could make as a civilian BUT you will get free medical for life if you live to retire. We (the recruiters) promise on the good faith of the Government. So here we go - - I lived through Vietnam and Desert Storm and all in between. Now I have Tri Care for life. Here is the catch - - Tri Care pays the Doctors squat so the Doctors are reluctant to accept Tri Care patients. It's hard to find a good Doctor BUT I got my free medical - - Just like I was promised! ! !

Not 100% accurate.

If you were in from Vietnam to Desert Storm/Shield/Fox as an enlistedman, you retired as at the very least an E7 or E8. At that point you are making very good money. If you were an officer, you were making probably twice what a civilian counterpart might have been making.

In 2003 - 2004 I was an E5 pulling down around $4000 a month with all meals paid. At that time I was easily beating the pants off of 99% of the people in my age group. Now I am a Federal Civilian, WG12 step 5 and get $35/hour. I am doing exactly the same job for the department of defense as I do for the Air Force, but I actually get paid about $8000 dollars less than I would if I were getting paid as my military rank (E7). 

Furthermore, as long as you chose your MOS/AFSC intelligently the military gave you a skill or two that can be directly applied to a civilian job.

And let's not forget the G.I. Bill. When you and I first swore the Oath of Enlistment, the G.I. Bill was pretty paltry. Now these kids are genuinely pulling it down. They're getting a prorated tuition reimbursement based on time served, (Most of my guys have around 70% reimbursement on all college expenses, books, and dorm fees) then they get the G.I. Bill, the $350 kicker for having a critical career field, and BAH as an E5 when they're E3's and E4's. That's around $2600 a month just to go to school free money. I WISH they had that kind of deal when I was struggling through college.

You are dead on that Tricare is starting to be denied by quite a few private practices. That said the very, very good places are more than happy to accept it. You can hit the Mayo or Johns Hopkins with Tricare. Also with "Tricare for Life" it keeps you out of the 0bamacare exchanges where you'd get screwed.

In addition to that you also got VA benefits and can go there for free healthcare if there's a VA medical center in your area.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

It’s more than that: 23 Head Start programs in 11 states have sent low-income preschool children back home, because they lack the funding to stay open;

Absolute bull. The Welfare checks will be the absolute last things to get cut or stop coming. The first of the month was just a few days ago and all the SNAP cards got refilled. Was it magic?

And if they did stop coming, ready for this? GOOD!!!

These people are not producing anything anyway. They are leeches, ticks, lice. Perhaps now they're going to get off their collective asses and get a damned job. The job market is only tough if you're an unskilled worker or a criminal, which seem to go hand in hand.

Sure, think of the poor little chilren, drag some poor misbegotten urchin out and tell us all a heartstring plucking tale of how the little skamp had to steal for food. Awww. Well guess what: That kid, because of the societal norms he's dealt with his entire life sees and thinks that being on the government teet is normal, good, right, and okay. He will continue to be a drain on the collective population for the rest of his life regardless of whether or not we threw a trilllion dollars at him. Democrats and Welfare have, for all intents and purposes created several virtual slave races utterly dependent and beholden to remaining underclass! They don't even want to succeed, much less think they can. To them subsistence is it.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 7:22am
36 facts which prove that almost everything is still running during this government shutdown...

#1 According to U.S. Senator Rand Paul, 85 percent of all government activities are actually being funded during this "government shutdown".

#2 Approximately 1,350,000 "essential" federal employees will continue to work during this "government shutdown".

#3 Overall, 63 percent of the federal workforce will continue to work during this "government shutdown".

#4 The U.S. Postal Service will continue to deliver our mail.

#5 U.S. military personnel will remain on duty and will continue to get paid.

#6 Social Security recipients will continue to get their benefits.

#7 Medicare recipients will continue to get their benefits.

#8 Medicaid recipients will continue to get their benefits.

#9 Food stamp recipients will continue to get their benefits.

#10 Those on unemployment will continue to get their benefits.

#11 Federal retirees will continue to get their pensions.

#12 The federal school lunch program has enough money to go through at least the end of this month.

#13 Public schools all over the country will continue to stay open.

#14 Almost all federal law enforcement officials will continue working.

#15 The Federal Reserve will remain "completely functional".

#16 The Supreme Court will continue to operate normally and federal courts have enough money to keep going for at least two weeks.

#17 TSA employees will continue to molest travelers at our airports.

#18 Air traffic controllers will continue to monitor traffic at our airports.

#19 Hopelessly outmanned border patrol agents will continue to try to stem the tide of illegal immigration.

#20 Visas and passports will continue to be issued by the State Department.

#21 The Veterans Administration will continue to offer substandard medical services, and it will be able to continue processing benefit payments at least for now.

#22 The Obama administration apparently has plenty of money to spend on closing open-air memorials that are usually open to the public 24 hours a day.

#23 The Department of Defense announced the awarding of 94 new contracts worth a combined total of more than 5 billion dollars on September 30th - the day right before the "government shutdown".

#24 The "government shutdown" has not prevented the new two billion dollar NSA spy center from opening up.

#25 Federal prisons will continue to operate normally.

#26 Amtrak trains will continue to run.

#27 The Patent and Trademark Office will be open.

#28 The Consumer Product Safety Commission will continue to issue product recalls if the products "create an immediate threat to the safety of human life".

#29 The National Weather Service and the National Hurricane Center will continue to track weather patterns.

#30 If the federal government needs to respond to a natural disaster, this "shutdown" will not affect that.

#31 NASA will continue to support the Mars Rover and the two American astronauts up on the International Space Station.

#32 All city employees of the D.C. government have been deemed "essential" and will continue to go to work.

#33 Even though the Obamacare exchanges are not working properly, people will still be able to access them.

#34 The IRS will continue to collect taxes, but it will be suspending punitive audits of conservative organizations.

#35 Barack Obama will continue to get paid for the full duration of this "shutdown".

#36 The U.S. Congress will continue to get paid for the full duration of this "shutdown".

Ralphie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralphie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 9:04am
you said Teet :)
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 12:44pm
Touche'
Is This A Joke View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Is This A Joke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 12:45pm
This has nothing to do with how many or who is being hurt by the shut down other than thousands of people are now without pay to keep their families afloat. This is about why not who

They why is about the affordable healthcare act which is now law and has been since 2009.

The law has already gone through and passed congress
The law has already gone through and passed the senate
The law has already been signed into law by the president

This is called the democratize process of the United States, which took a year and a half

The only other regress is the fourth branch of government, the Judicial Branch
This has already Ben through .2 years of judicial review all they way to the Supreme Court which it was ruled constitutional by a republican heavy Supreme Court.

From this point you need the votes to either change or repeal the in all three branches of government congress, senate, executive

The elections are over. The people have decided

But all of that is not good enough for these people so now their going to try to force their agenda down your throat by inflicting pain on thousands and destroying the name of our country

What we have here are people who can not handle a democracy when it doesn't go their way so they way to dictate to you by holding the country hostage until they get their way

Time to decide if you want to live in a democracy or a dictatorship or fascist society

If the shoe was on the other foot you would be hearing words like anarchist or sedition

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Is This A Joke Is This A Joke wrote:

This has nothing to do with how many or who is being hurt by the shut down other than thousands of people are now without pay to keep their families afloat. This is about why not who

Oh, so you're now the champion of the Furloughed? Strange that we have absolutely nothing in common in regards to what's happening now. And furthermore, when I get back to work, I'm going to get a fat moneycheck for all the time I should have been there.

They why is about the affordable healthcare act which is now law and has been since 2009.

The law has already gone through and passed congress
The law has already gone through and passed the senate
The law has already been signed into law by the president

This is called the democratize process of the United States, which took a year and a half

This same bill that was floated through both houses of hegemonically liberal controlled congress and *STILL* took a year and a half? Is that the one you're talking about? Is it the same one that the Montana Senator that thought this whole monstrosity up called a "Train Wreck?"

How about we have that same vote today and see the results? If you actually believe that drivel you wrote there, you're a fool.

The only other regress is the fourth branch of government, the Judicial Branch
This has already Ben through .2 years of judicial review all they way to the Supreme Court which it was ruled constitutional by a republican heavy Supreme Court.

WRONG. Firstly the word you're looking for is "Redress." I don't expect a shining example of our public school to grasp that though.

Secondly, the Zer0 (0bama) team had to change their tune to say that instead of it being a penalty if you don't buy insurance, it's a tax, so it wouldn't get struck down on its face in the first day.

From this point you need the votes to either change or repeal the in all three branches of government congress, senate, executive

The elections are over. The people have decided

BWAHAHAHAHAH! That's some rich crap there. Oh, you're going to get your change. But as much as you think you're going to like it, you're wrong.

But all of that is not good enough for these people so now their going to try to force their agenda down your throat by inflicting pain on thousands and destroying the name of our country

Force? Um, I hate to break it to you, but for the most part, what the Republicans are doing right now is exactly what they were sent there for. To hamstring this catastrophe of a President and his signature disaster legislation. After all is said and done, Zer0 should be dragged from office in chains, tried for treason, and either thrown into general population at Ft. Leavenworth or get the customary sentence for treason.

If the shoe was on the other foot you would be hearing words like anarchist or sedition

Ooh! Yeah! You Liberals need to do that! Get all angry and kick off a drum circle, or better yet go crazy and riot. Even better idea, you should all revolt and attack us evil Conservatives. I'd truly have a good time beating you like a redheaded stepchild in a Black family.

Get thee back to DU, commie.
Is This. A Joke View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Is This. A Joke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 1:46pm
How Pathetic

You don't even deserve a response

Your just an angry old man who needs to feel like a big man by attacking people online

How pathetic Turbo Turd
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Is This. A Joke Is This. A Joke wrote:

How Pathetic

Your just an angry old man who needs to feel like a big man by attacking people online

How pathetic Turbo Turd

No matter what you think of him sir, he has it right. Can you at least agree with some of what he is saying? Just wondering.
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 2:14pm
In the origanal.obama care everyone had to take obama care ,then when he gets passed what he wanted ,oh wait he adds to it WITHOUT getting ANYONES APPROVAL, that 19 more exemtions after its been okd, ok did you get that ok wait now he exempted MUSLMS YEH THATS RIGHT on page 107 or 104 of obama care their exemted ok so. Then exempts himself ! Congress.! Senates! their familes their aides, a CNN reporter. Ask obama if he is going to take it HE he wont answer now why are they exempt and its being forced on me im losing my ins because of obama didnt he say you can keep your ins Lies thats all he does and if you dontO open your eyes and. see whats happening you deserve what you get and your gonna get it just wait by by the way have you signed up i think you are going to be so surprised lol the jokes on you
WHAT TO DO????
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 2:47pm

Shut Down Round Up: The Latest In Dysfunctional Government News

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-04/shut-down-round-latest-dysfunctional-government-news

Shut Down Round Up: The Latest In Dysfunctional Government News
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/04/2013 - 16:50

It may "not be some damn game", but this sure is some damn summary of all the latest news and developments. Via Bloomberg:
House Democrats will attempt to use discharge petition to force House to vote on clean stopgap spending bill; 17 House Republicans would need to back the measure and 20 House Republicans have said they’d vote for a clean bill
House in session tomorrow 10am
White House supports House bill to retroactively pay govt staff, says Obama would veto House piecemeal spending bills
House Speaker John Boehner says he won’t offer a clean debt limit bill, says shutdown "isn’t some damn game"
Tea Party-backed Rep. Dennis Ross, R-Fla., says he’s in favor of spending deal that doesn’t include changes to Obamacare

hmm

20 Repub's willing to go with a clean spending bill

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 4:19pm

Lockheed Martin furloughing 3,000 employees

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2013/10/04/Lockheed-Martin-furloughing-3000-employees/UPI-27151380919203/

Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2013/10/04/Lockheed-Martin-furloughing-3000-employees/UPI-27151380919203/

See, this just keeps getting better and better. In fact, this gives a little peek in to a major issue with Obamacare that I know most people are not even thinking about, which is to say:

I think most would agree, and know, that Obamacare's funding is coming from the tax on the American people who would rather pay the penalty then get mandated insurance and those who are willing to get the insurance mandate or not, in other words, the American tax payer in general. But you see, unlike the normal way healthcare has worked, which is to say, the old system, this new Obamacare is more reliant on the USA economy to work. In other words, if the USA economy is strong, then more people have more money to put into the system, but if the USA economy is weak, then you have less money to put into the system, meaning Obamacare. So, what do you think would happen if we had an economical collapse?

Well first, the money pool for Obamacare would quickly dry up, which would cause, in time, the premiums of healthcare to sky rocket. That's because less people could put into the system. This would also mean that many more would be exempt from buying healthcare because they are now below the poverty line and do not have to pay the mandated penalty. In effect, hardly any money would be going into the system to support Obamacare.

Second, the tax penalty would still be in effect, so anyone that did manage to avoid going bankrupt and still finds themselves above the poverty line would be strapped paying for a system that has failed. In other words, they would be paying money that they can no longer afford to pay, but are still required to pay, for a system that is no longer functioning in the way that it was intend to function, which amounts to throwing money at a dead horse, money that would serve you best in your own pocket in economical times like that.

So, as you can see, attaching our economy to the funding of Obamacare is not a smart choice. Most would agree that the USA economy is in very deep trouble, especially with the massive debt we have. Most would also agree that the world economy, which all nations are linked to in one way or another, isn't in great shape either. So does it make any sense at all to put all our eggs in one basket? We are told never to do that, but here we are going against this sage advice. This is a loss even before the game has begun.

Now some people might argue that if something like this happened under the old system then it would have the same affect given all things equal, but I argue that it wouldn't. It wouldn't because if the economy tanks under the old system, which it has a few times in the past, then although people will be forced off of insurance because of lack of funds to pay for it, many would not. In fact, in an economy that tanks, it would be easier to save money by reducing your healthcare coverage for a while, or dropping it all together, until the economy picks up again, then it would be with Obamacare. That's because Obamacare effectively straps a person into a situation that leaves him or them, meaning a family of more then one, with no way out. You either have to have healthcare or pay for not having it, there is no wiggle room in this.

As a side not though, I have heard there is a system in place, in Obamacare, that would exempt people in die hard situations from having to get insurance, but in the case of an economical fallout, this system would only accelerate the downfall of Obamacare. In addition, with many natural and man made disasters occurring more frequently in the USA, this system would in fact reduce the overall effectiveness of Obamacare because more and more would be able to clam this healthcare exemption. In other words, reducing the overall funds of Obamacare would in turn increase the overall cost of heath insurance.

Now, of course, if an absolute total economic collapse occured, then it wouldn't matter one way or the other. But under an economical slow down, or partial economical shutdown, then the old way of doing things would still be less affected then Obamacare. That is because, as I've already stated, Obamacare ebbs and flows with the economic situation more so then the old way of doing things. Believe me when I say, Obamacare will greatly be affected by great economical changes, it can't help but be affected.

So, with that said, as you can see, this is not a good way to run heath care. It's not a smart way to run anything. There has to be a better way, I just know it. We need to stop wasting time with this law and come up with a substitution that will really work for all and at the same time keep government control at a limit, keep our liberties granted by our constitution in tack, and still provide healthcare for all American people as is the right thing to do. The latter, to me, is very important. I have family that could really use help in this area of their lives, and I know there are many who see the same thing in their families as well. This is a serous issue and it needs to be resolved, but not this way, not with force, but with a willingness to come together as a nation for the sake of all those who really need the help. I am my brothers keeper, I always have been, Glory to God. You can't live in America and not be.

So, with that said, say no to Obamacare in any way you can, and say yes to a better way of fixing this issue. Because in my heart, I know there is a better way to handle this problem. I just know it.

In any case, I hope I have made my point.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 8:02pm
I totally agree with you.  Why does this government think they can run a healthcare system when the post office is broke, Fannie/Freddie and Sallie Mae are in deep trouble?

This medical experiment is not going to work, period.  I've looked at the premiums on the health care exchange and I know of lots of people who won't be able to afford it.  They couldn't afford it before and they won't be able to afford it now.  People have to have jobs and good paying jobs to be able to afford this.  So, I see that some people will try, but they'll have to cancel their i-phones, cable TV, quit going out to dinner or the movies and this will crash our economy sooner than later.  So, those people who will give it a try will have to cut back their expenses drastically to afford this and that is what our government fails to see. 

Then there are people like me who worry about how long I can afford health care as premiums continue to rise so we can pay for everybody who can't afford insurance.  There will be a point very soon where I will have to quit eating out, going to the movies, and will have to find a hundred little ways to save money just to keep my health insurance, but eventually I'll have to give that up too.

Gee, perhaps that is their plan afterall, to bankrupt us so that we gladly walk into their socialistic universe.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 8:11pm

if I remember correctly

the government is already involved in health care to the tune of app 50%

or better

Medicare,Medicaid,military,VA,Tricare etc

Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Elver Elver wrote:

I totally agree with you.  Why does this government think they can run a healthcare system when the post office is broke, Fannie/Freddie and Sallie Mae are in deep trouble?

This medical experiment is not going to work, period.  I've looked at the premiums on the health care exchange and I know of lots of people who won't be able to afford it.  They couldn't afford it before and they won't be able to afford it now.  People have to have jobs and good paying jobs to be able to afford this.  So, I see that some people will try, but they'll have to cancel their i-phones, cable TV, quit going out to dinner or the movies and this will crash our economy sooner than later.  So, those people who will give it a try will have to cut back their expenses drastically to afford this and that is what our government fails to see. 

Then there are people like me who worry about how long I can afford health care as premiums continue to rise so we can pay for everybody who can't afford insurance.  There will be a point very soon where I will have to quit eating out, going to the movies, and will have to find a hundred little ways to save money just to keep my health insurance, but eventually I'll have to give that up too.

Gee, perhaps that is their plan afterall, to bankrupt us so that we gladly walk into their socialistic universe.

I do understand.

My older sister only brings in about $440 bucks a month. She has a son that brings in maybe $500 a month that lives with here. They are both on welfare assistance because of disabilities. I know they could sign up for medicad or medicare and have most of their heathcare paid for, but they still can't afford the out of pocket cash needed for meds and such. This has been the case before Obamacare and will remain the case after it. Obamacare changes nothing for them, so what use is it but to up the cost for heathcare for everyone else. Obamacare was supposedly created to fix a situation like this, but it falls short of doing so. And I know this is the case for many others who are below the poverity line as well.
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 9:36pm

if I remember correctly

the government is already involved in health care to the tune of app 50%

or better

Medicare,Medicaid,military,VA,Tricare etc

Indeed you are correct, however these goverment supported programs and Obamacare do not really compare, although both will run into the same problem with funding if our economy falls apart.

However, with that said, the impact of an economical fallout would be much more damaging on Obamacare then it would be with the programs you have listed mainly because of the size and massive scope of Obamacre compared to that which you have listed.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 4:10am
We have an instant solution for a shutdown.

The Governor General sacks the Government, installs a caretaker Government and dissolves both houses of parliament in the hope the people will elect a better bunch of buffoons.

That happened in 1975 and it worked like a charm.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

The Governor General sacks the Government, installs a caretaker Government and dissolves both houses of parliament in the hope the people will elect a better bunch of buffoons.

You know, believe it or not, I feel as if this is something America may have to do to really get things on the right track. And along with that, I say from then on we only vote in those who say what they mean and not those who just tell us what we want to hear then do whatever they want to do regardless of what we want.

Also, we should have a clause in the law that says if person we vote in doesn't act as stated above, meaning, say what they mean and mean what they say, or at least try to do what they promised to do while campaigning, then we can pull him out and replace him with someone else who can and will keep his promises.

In any case, changes really do need to be made, you know.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Strategos Strategos wrote:

See, this just keeps getting better and better. In fact, this gives a little peek in to a major issue with Obamacare that I know most people are not even thinking about, which is to say:

I think most would agree, and know, that Obamacare's funding is coming from the tax on the American people who would rather pay the penalty then get mandated insurance and those who are willing to get the insurance mandate or not, in other words, the American tax payer in general. But you see, unlike the normal way healthcare has worked, which is to say, the old system, this new Obamacare is more reliant on the USA economy to work. In other words, if the USA economy is strong, then more people have more money to put into the system, but if the USA economy is weak, then you have less money to put into the system, meaning Obamacare. So, what do you think would happen if we had an economical collapse?

Well first, the money pool for Obamacare would quickly dry up, which would cause, in time, the premiums of healthcare to sky rocket. That's because less people could put into the system. This would also mean that many more would be exempt from buying healthcare because they are now below the poverty line and do not have to pay the mandated penalty. In effect, hardly any money would be going into the system to support Obamacare.

Second, the tax penalty would still be in effect, so anyone that did manage to avoid going bankrupt and still finds themselves above the poverty line would be strapped paying for a system that has failed. In other words, they would be paying money that they can no longer afford to pay, but are still required to pay, for a system that is no longer functioning in the way that it was intend to function, which amounts to throwing money at a dead horse, money that would serve you best in your own pocket in economical times like that.

So, as you can see, attaching our economy to the funding of Obamacare is not a smart choice. Most would agree that the USA economy is in very deep trouble, especially with the massive debt we have. Most would also agree that the world economy, which all nations are linked to in one way or another, isn't in great shape either. So does it make any sense at all to put all our eggs in one basket? We are told never to do that, but here we are going against this sage advice. This is a loss even before the game has begun.

Now some people might argue that if something like this happened under the old system then it would have the same affect given all things equal, but I argue that it wouldn't. It wouldn't because if the economy tanks under the old system, which it has a few times in the past, then although people will be forced off of insurance because of lack of funds to pay for it, many would not. In fact, in an economy that tanks, it would be easier to save money by reducing your healthcare coverage for a while, or dropping it all together, until the economy picks up again, then it would be with Obamacare. That's because Obamacare effectively straps a person into a situation that leaves him or them, meaning a family of more then one, with no way out. You either have to have healthcare or pay for not having it, there is no wiggle room in this.

As a side not though, I have heard there is a system in place, in Obamacare, that would exempt people in die hard situations from having to get insurance, but in the case of an economical fallout, this system would only accelerate the downfall of Obamacare. In addition, with many natural and man made disasters occurring more frequently in the USA, this system would in fact reduce the overall effectiveness of Obamacare because more and more would be able to clam this healthcare exemption. In other words, reducing the overall funds of Obamacare would in turn increase the overall cost of heath insurance.

Now, of course, if an absolute total economic collapse occured, then it wouldn't matter one way or the other. But under an economical slow down, or partial economical shutdown, then the old way of doing things would still be less affected then Obamacare. That is because, as I've already stated, Obamacare ebbs and flows with the economic situation more so then the old way of doing things. Believe me when I say, Obamacare will greatly be affected by great economical changes, it can't help but be affected.

So, with that said, as you can see, this is not a good way to run heath care. It's not a smart way to run anything. There has to be a better way, I just know it. We need to stop wasting time with this law and come up with a substitution that will really work for all and at the same time keep government control at a limit, keep our liberties granted by our constitution in tack, and still provide healthcare for all American people as is the right thing to do. The latter, to me, is very important. I have family that could really use help in this area of their lives, and I know there are many who see the same thing in their families as well. This is a serous issue and it needs to be resolved, but not this way, not with force, but with a willingness to come together as a nation for the sake of all those who really need the help. I am my brothers keeper, I always have been, Glory to God. You can't live in America and not be.

So, with that said, say no to Obamacare in any way you can, and say yes to a better way of fixing this issue. Because in my heart, I know there is a better way to handle this problem. I just know it.

In any case, I hope I have made my point.

Post of the day! A thousand internets to you!
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Is This. A Joke Is This. A Joke wrote:

How Pathetic

How pathetic Turbo Turd

Yeah, that's probably a good idea considering that I know more about the law you're clamoring for than you do in addition to the economy at large.

Am I angry? You damned right I'm angry! I don't want you butthole surfers to crash the economy while sticking your grubby hands in my bank account to steal from me because I was smart enough to land a well paying job or two. You lack a grasp of economic fundamentals.

But my being angry doesn't change the facts or that I am right and you are wrong.

Admit it: You either don't have a job, or posting liberal drivel *IS* your job. Amirite?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

It also worked fantastically well on January 30th 1933.

Our Constitutional Republic works well specifically because we aren't going to do that, nor would we, the American people, allow it. We plainly are not going to let any one person strong arm control.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 11:18am
If the ACA is going to be the disaster that it's detractors claim, why aren't Boehner, Cantor, Cruz et al playing it smart and waiting until it fails so they can come to our rescue and pick up a gazillion brownie points in the process? Any strategist and adviser worth their salt should be screaming at them to sit back and let everyone know they've done all they can to stop it, then take responsibility for undoing the damage when they're swept into power on the shoulders of the angry masses - simple and pretty obvious, but they're not doing it. Why?
Though you'll never hear mention of it in Republican circles these days, the dreaded R-word, Romneycare (AKA Masschusetts' affordable healthcare act), has them running scared. Even in the election Romney wasn't allowed to take credit for it because it was Obamacare by another name, and more importantly predated and heavily influenced the Affordable Care Act. Here's the kicker for those that have forgotten - Mitt Romney, former golden boy of the GOP, invented Obamacare, and for that (and that alone) I thank him Thumbs Up
And just in case those damned Democrats should decide to remind everyone of that fact and use Romney against them, groups like the Cato Institute (funded by the Koch brothers - formerly known as one of the biggest contributors to his failed presidential campaign) are now proclaiming his signature healthcare reform a failure. I just hope Romney has a stylish hat to hide the tread marks across his forehead from being thrown under the bus by his own party, because nobody in the GOP is going to kissing that boo-boo better anytime soon.
They know from Massachusetts' experience that the sky won't start falling, and if they give this a year or two enough Americans will realize that they're much better off not being royally - and legally - screwed over by the insurance companies, who are undoubtedly calling in every last one of their favors with their elected cronies and demanding they drive the bus off the cliff because someone let their cash cow - the American people - out of the barn where they had them safely locked up for decades. While it worked well for some, the system was broken for too many Americans and someone finally had the balls to stand up to the corporate bullies that had everyone in a stranglehold and at least try to fix it.
Ooh JD - what did you do now... LOL
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 2:45pm
BAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You actually believe that? Oh my God.

It was bad policy when that liberal piece of schit Romney did it, and it's an even worse idea when Zer0's trying to pull the same scam. I find it funny that you were able to hit almost all the dullard liberal talking points in one post. Gratz on that, though you forgot to blame Bush and scream racism, so minus two.

Romney is hardly a conservative, actually he's a hardline liberal in the vast majority of the country, and that's exactly why he lost as bad as he did to a pantywaist, effeminate, coward of a man. I still remain hoodwinked as to how they thought running an east coast liberal, basically liberal light, vs a hardline socialist might work out. My wager is that the party illuminati will try the same failed strategy and run Christy. As much as you'd like to tell yourself that he was the party golden boy, he wasn't.

The reason that it shouldn't be implemented is that it is astoundingly bad policy. If I've read the Bronze Plan correctly, and believe me, I have, it is a nearly $200 a month policy with a $5000 deductible. If something catastrophic happens, you're already in $7400 before you get a drop of treatment. What twenty year old through twenty seven year old is going to willingly lighten their wallet that much? Particularly when there is no basis for pre-existing conditions. Why not just pay the fine, and if you get sick or hurt, just get insurance while that's going on, then drop back off the rolls as soon as you're better?

HHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You think the insurance companies were screwing you BEFORE!?! You know they were part and parcel of the writing and implementation of this law, right? If your business was Jacksdad's doohickey, and the government asked you if it were a good idea to force the American public under penalty of death or incarceration to require them to buy a doohickey, would you be for that? And what, then, would you do to the price? Of course you'd raise it significantly. People either buy your doohickey or die/go to jail. Seriously, if you actually believe what you wrote, you desperately need to open your eyes.

If they wanted to screw the insurance companies, they could have let people buy insurance policies from across state lines and force competition, but they didn't, did they. You know that our government prevented you from going out of state for your insurance? So they created the problem, then to fix it, they went full retard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic