Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Breakdown of Trust because of U.S. Spying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breakdown of Trust because of U.S. Spying
    Posted: October 28 2013 at 8:26am
It is a no-brainer http://www.thefreedictionary.com/no-brainer  to acknowledge we have been spied on for decades in the U.S. It is also a given the Spy vs. Spy in other countries and programs to protect our security and safety in the U.S. are necessary. American embassies are notorious for having monitoring equipment and having bugs placed by "the enemy" as well.

Wiretapping was considered illegal and nearly got Nixon impeached.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate#Wiretapping_of_the_Democratic_Party.27s_headquarters

With the coming of the Internet and cell phones, a new era of in depth personal spying became possible. With the terrorist attack on 9/11/01 the U.S. decided to take drastic measures in torture, gathering information, and monitoring not only combatants, but possible civilian "terrorists" who had committed no crimes and were thought to be potentially dangerous.

As per 9/11-

It was the worst terrorist attack in the history of the United States,[1] and indeed incurred more casualties than at the surprise attack at the Battle of Pearl Harbor.

The American response was near-unanimous support for President George W. Bush's eventual angry declaration that this was an act of war. Al-Qaeda was quickly identified as behind the attacks, with key figures located in Afghanistan. Congress quickly passed an Authorization for the Use of Military Force, which had the legal effect of a declaration of war.

This involved the enforced cooperation of major search engine companies and telecommunication giants to install data gathering computers to effectively monitor nearly all private emails, phone conversations, and create a massive database including DNA information and personal profiles.  The advertisement and commercial industry would likewise gather information and turn some of it over to .gov.

The scope of this far exceeded anything present in the old days of phone tapping. There is a newly built complex for massive storage of information greater than anything ever built with supercomputers and a staff of 200 in "the desert."  It would be against U.S. security interests to provide a link to data concerning it at this time. In the midst of a government shutdown this has become operational and is even more efficient in gathering information than any such center in history.

Snowden's whistle blowing still is having massive effects as revelations of the extent of this monitoring hit the global media. Nothing in the content of the release of information has been effectively denied or proven false.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/zelizer-obama-nsa-world/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

With the unseen backlash as more and more details  of the extent of spying hit the press daily, it has hurt the respect and trust other nations have for America as an ally. These are bonds and support we need in the event of a powder keg blow up in Syria or other regions in the Middle East.

The NSA issue began with a debate about the proper domestic balance between civil liberties and counterterrorism and has now has extended into the realm of diplomacy.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/zelizer-obama-nsa-world/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Is this just a problem of the U.S. spying on world leaders? No, other countries are upset with new evidence of  spying on their private citizens. Some of these are not terrorists but simply are business men or those with powerful voices in their governments.

France is furious.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-france-nsa-spying-us-ambassador-summoned-20131021,0,801051.story#axzz2j1sSTB3x

LONDON — France reacted angrily Monday to a news report of mass electronic surveillance of its residents by the U.S. National Security Agency, summoning the American ambassador to explain what it called unacceptable treatment by a close ally.

Based on documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, Le Monde reported that the agency’s intelligence dragnet collected 70.3 million pieces of data on French phone communications in a single month beginning in December of last year. Calls to some telephone numbers triggered recordings of conversations, and text messages containing certain keywords were also automatically picked up, the French newspaper reported.

Le Monde said it appeared that the NSA collected data on “both people suspected of association with terrorist activities as well as people targeted simply because they belong to the worlds of business, politics or French state administration.”

Three major whistle blowers, former employees of NSA, are filing a lawsuit against the government and also have told of their attempts for years to report and stop what they considered a violation of constitutional rights and crossing the line.

In a motion filed today, the three former intelligence analysts confirm that the NSA has, or is in the process of obtaining, the capability to seize and store most electronic communications passing through its U.S. intercept centers, such as the "secret room" at the AT&T facility in San Francisco first disclosed by retired AT&T technician Mark Klein in early 2006.

https://www.eff.org/press/releases/three-nsa-whistleblowers-back-effs-lawsuit-over-governments-massive-spying-program

Conclusion:  None of this is secret and according to "the rules" of what may be posted on the net, even by intelligence employees and informants, it is already public knowledge.  The fine line is that what is public knowledge has become a lot less public. Now, with control of huge parts of the news media and Internet which redirects away from highly informational data, some information is either hard or nearly impossible to find. The elimination of web sites within hours publishing some stories leaves one with only the remnant of data in the search description.  Only this text may contain information where the actual text on the page the link leads to has no such text, or the link no longer exists.

The goes far beyond National Enquirer's Enquiring minds want to know". There are people whose  professional job is to tear up and discredit conspiracy authors and their pages which now, on occasion, may contain real news and data which can be verified. Obviously some rather famous authors are clearly delusional and deliberately create stories which are pure fiction. This is one of the greatest tools of the debunkers to say anyone criticizing the government and making bold and scary statements are mental and have no credibility.

Was the attack from the Al Queda on 9/11, which we now support indirectly in Syria, a mandate to put in place programs which spy on everyone without their knowledge in the U.S. and abroad? Does this give them the right to  monitor innocent American's  friends, family, medical history, and create an in depth data base which includes their DNA and details of all of their personal life? 

What do the American people say?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/poll-public-concerns-rise-spying-privacy

But a majority of Americans appear doubtful. Some 56 percent oppose the NSA's collection of telephone records for future investigations even though they do not include actual conversations. And 54 percent oppose the government's collection and retention of Internet metadata for future investigations that avoids actual email contents; only 34 percent favor such efforts.

Even stronger majorities oppose unauthorized government surveillance of phone calls and Internet mail traffic within the U.S. As many as 71 percent do not want officials eavesdropping on U.S. phone calls without court warrants; 62 percent oppose collection of the contents of Americans' emails without warrants.

The majority of Americans do not like or approve following the recent leaks of information the extent their right to privacy has been violated.

Medclinician

Medclinician - not if but when - original
Crying Out Loud View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 9:38am
On a typical Friday night, I am down loading the information I have obtained to The Mother Ship. I think we come in peace, but I am not quite sure.
You see, for my own personal safety, it was essential to dumb down most of my memory system, on entry into your atmosphere, in order that I would not stand out, and be detected.
Therefore, If you happen to see one of my space ships, it would be in your best interest to bunker down with your preps, your pop guns, your homies ....and hide.Star
quickdraw View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quickdraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 2:31pm
You are a moron.
Everyday is a good day and if you dont believe that try missing one.
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Crying Out Loud Crying Out Loud wrote:

On a typical Friday night, I am down loading the information I have obtained to The Mother Ship. I think we come in peace, but I am not quite sure.
You see, for my own personal safety, it was essential to dumb down most of my memory system, on entry into your atmosphere, in order that I would not stand out, and be detected.
Therefore, If you happen to see one of my space ships, it would be in your best interest to bunker down with your preps, your pop guns, your homies ....and hide.Star

Why do you post this stuff here?  It does nothing for your credibility.
Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 2:46pm
would you like some antipsychotics? looks like you've been off your meds for too long.
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 5:44pm
But Medclinician why do you worry? Do you have something to hide? cant you see that spying is all just designed to keep you safe. 

Gee i sure feel safe with all these military sites near my house. 
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 6:28pm
That last comment was just tongue in cheek.

The best thing about these spy revelations is its is really pisses off US allies. The US couldn't shoot itself in the foot any harder. This political disaster destroys trust and has the effect of bringing the US down a peg or two.

The USA have been pushing their weight around Geopolitically. I have been fearing a possible world war because of it. Either way fighting big wars becomes difficult when you don't have friends to back you up.

So for my mind the more the USA FUCI{S the pony. The better off the world will be.

So don't be too concerned that all this NSA stuff is coming out. It can also be seen as a positive thing too.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by quickdraw quickdraw wrote:

You are a moron.

No, I am a Super Idiotic Moron. My moronacy is far superior to yours, and don't forget it! Tongue
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by rickster58 rickster58 wrote:

Originally posted by Crying Out Loud Crying Out Loud wrote:

Why do you post this stuff here?  It does nothing for your credibility.

I am a hostile super moronic idiotic witness. Who ever said I was credibile?Confused
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

would you like some antipsychotics? looks like you've been off your meds for too long.

Yes, I do enjoy antipsychotics. What have you got for me in that candy factory of yours?Smile
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

That last comment was just tongue in cheek.

The best thing about these spy revelations is its is really pisses off US allies. The US couldn't shoot itself in the foot any harder. This political disaster destroys trust and has the effect of bringing the US down a peg or two.

The USA have been pushing their weight around Geopolitically. I have been fearing a possible world war because of it. Either way fighting big wars becomes difficult when you don't have friends to back you up.

So for my mind the more the USA FUCI{S the pony. The better off the world will be.

So don't be too concerned that all this NSA stuff is coming out. It can also be seen as a positive thing too.

Americans, despite a general consensus by some groups that they do not,  have enough intelligence and the ability to figure out what is truth and what is BS.  Given the enormous spin in the new articles coming out because of Edward Snowden has led to even more revelations and much more for them to think about.

http://edward-snowden.net/

Washington Post
The National Security Agency has secretly broken into the main communications links that connect Yahoo and Google data centers around the world, according to documents obtained from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and interviews with 
NSA secretly taps into Google, Yahoo networks to collect…The Verge
NSA secretly accessed Yahoo, Google data centers to collect informationRT
Report accuses the NSA of spying via fiber optic links connecting Yahoo and GigaOM

Granted this is on ES's website but the specifics are worthy of consideration.  This is not to say that spying hasn't gone on for thousands of years. It is that because of 9/11 it went out of control by  the main government. How much do we really know now?

Well, here's a video discussing this.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/zelizer-obama-nsa-world/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

It is the perception of the world of America that is far more important than a legal debate on the facts.  In some ways, the facts can be irrelevant.

It is the perception of America by our allies and whether true or false they be, the betrayal of their trust in spying on their leaders and private citizens. This will make or break America on the global stage. Presidents are elected due to whether they are liked and can charm the masses in contrast to real considerations of common sense.  Some may analyze all the issues and yet the common man and woman votes from the heart and not the head. Even more so, when they no longer care even about votes any more, then actions become purely and solely political with an agenda that may serve no one in the end.

FDR was not only a remarkable leader, he had personal charm and a connect with the people.  Yet he was able to handle things when the .... hit the fan.  This is a reality as we draw closer to 2014 and this scandal is not just another issue. It is destroying the trust of other nations as well as many of our own American citizens.

There are no clear stories at the moment as to whether the President knew or not.   Key point - he should have known and now that he does know, he should take quick and effective action to repair the damage.  Can he do it without relying on the government elected officials and appointed one in the Supreme Court? No.

We cannot fight the war on terrorism without the support of our allies.  We need their trust and assurance that what they share with us will not be used against them.

The news media are waking up and as they find that the citizens of the world community want the truth, many will begin reporting it. 

People can make up their minds when they go to vote, when they can vote. Yet they have no voice in assuring their personal privacy if the Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary branches have no say or budget control over  something which has become more powerful than they are.

Medclinician
Alive View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by quickdraw quickdraw wrote:

You are a moron.
LOL
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 4:02pm
Public news - release by Fox Network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptX6dC8ePs

This is not humorous at all.  This is the truth. I watched this live and there are updates of new releases of the U.S. intelligence community. It is capable of storing 5 Zetabytes of data. Enough to store all emails, phone calls, and other data for years. It is in Utah.

Medclinician
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2013 at 6:45pm
LOL med.. Just had to laugh. You mentioned Fox and truth in reference to each other. Now that's funny... Sorry. moving on

Did Obama know Merkel was being spied on?  If he knew, which i highly suspect he did, then he's not to be trusted. If he didn't know, and it happened on his watch. He cant be trusted. Or more to the point. America can't be trusted.. (not american's. good people mainly)

Really the whole friggen thing is a bit of BS. They all spy on each other and its a very grubby to say the least. We will end up arguing over who spy's more and where do you draw the line. I do however think bugging Merkel is a bridge too far and will have consequences.

To say that US people are educated on what is really going on if ludicrous. Not many people around the world know what is really happening. Every once and a while a story like this will give us a peek behind the curtain. But basically the general consensus is Merica is gods country and we upholds the good of the world. This goes for everyone in the west.

You even say it in your post: America needs to fight the terrorists. Terrorists are a construct of propaganda. They are pretty much the adult version of boogie man. 

The Media and popular culture mangle our minds to think we are under attack. Total BS. Most people find it difficult to unglue themselves from propaganda. I have had a lot of trouble myself. Even in general conversation i'll drop a line or two. So its not easy when we are all immersed in the BS. 

Just pull back the curtain a little further. Have a good hard look. join the dots. What you will find is a power struggle on a global scale and almost anything goes.

I'll explain: The whole construct of fear of the Arab world has been propagated since Nixon and the KFK assassination. The whole lot of BS about terrorists is all just a game to destabilize governments and install tin pot dictators. Steal oil, gold, diamonds and anything worth a quid. CIA's drug running etc etc.  The whole game is about world domination and the Geopolitical battle for territory. 

We are all puppets and we are kept dancing by the bigger game being played out. Watch this video first. Its short and has one of the key players. Brzezinski "The architect" also look for Rockafella "the king pin" The trilateral commisson "the mother ship"   Carter "the puppet"    Clinton "the puppet"   Obama "the latest puppet" Its short but gets to the key playersBrzezinski
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPfLCDug8o - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPfLCDug8o

The second video is very long and can be boring, but it's an excellent insight into whats really going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQR2z4YCzDw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQR2z4YCzDw

PS the News media are not waking up. They have been hit left of field by the internet and a scrambling to evolve. The mainstream media is in cahoots with the government and the big end of town. Its where all of their money comes from. They are slowly gaining control of the net. 

This is what all this NSA stuff is really about...

Anywho. Nuff said. I gotta go and fold up some tin foil hats
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 8:46am
Censored                40 year old clip

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 10:19am
[QUOTE=cobber]LOL med.. Just had to laugh. You mentioned Fox and truth in reference to each other. Now that's funny... Sorry. moving on

comment: Fox network has been taking shots since they started bringing up embarrassing questions about Obama's citizenship and legality of his status. They were banned at many conferences and the spin on this was that they were renegade and using sensationalism to boost their ratings.  Some lawyers examined the findings and no original birth certificate was ever sent to Washington and could not be found. It was a duplicate. The breaking news on the spying and extent of it is not a matter to compare to other countries. There is no "it's okay" because Europe is doing it.  Torture and violation of the Geneva convention rules on human decency and what is "too much" remain the same even if they are ignored.

Did Obama know Merkel was being spied on?  If he knew, which i highly suspect he did, then he's not to be trusted. If he didn't know, and it happened on his watch. He cant be trusted. Or more to the point. America can't be trusted.. (not american's. good people mainly)

comment: New evidence points to the fact he knew and approved the program. Forget this is from Fox and just look at the data.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/27/obama-knew-nsa-spying-on-merkel-and-approved-it-report-says-944692234/

Really the whole friggen thing is a bit of BS. They all spy on each other and its a very grubby to say the least. We will end up arguing over who spy's more and where do you draw the line. I do however think bugging Merkel is a bridge too far and will have consequences.

comment: One of the key issues in all this spying is the necessity to defend the U.S. from rogue enemy countries or groups. Israel just connected with destroying a location where the Hezbollah were given Russian missile which were a true threat to Israel's attack capability. They did not debate this for weeks. Upon securing the information they attacked and took out the missile cache.  The question would be- was it necessary to spy on private citizens to get the information?
No. An insider knew of the transfer to the Hezbollah and gave them the target. 

To say that US people are educated on what is really going on if ludicrous. Not many people around the world know what is really happening. Every once and a while a story like this will give us a peek behind the curtain. But basically the general consensus is Merica is gods country and we upholds the good of the world. This goes for everyone in the west.

comment: The facts are with a 5% reduction in food stamps yesterday which will hit the poor and only a 1.5% increase in the SSI which doesn't even cover inflation, the asleep Americans are waking up in the middle of the night with hunger pains and turning on the news and listening. Perhaps it is mostly spun media drivel to raise ratings, but they know there was a government shutdown and are watching Congress.  When they hit the streets homeless as the hammer hits during the holidays and they are reminded they cannot even starve in peace or have any security they might have a place to live- .gov will have awakened them more effectively than dumping tear gas in their bedrooms at midnight.

You even say it in your post: America needs to fight the terrorists. Terrorists are a construct of propaganda. They are pretty much the adult version of boogie man.

comment: Correction- the Al Queda was originally a boogyman of a would-be small military group training to attack Chechnya, not the U.S.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/chechnya-primer-90326.html

By torturing a single man years later, who was not even a part of the name of the group the "base". was formed.

Abu Zubaydah, a man once called al-Qaeda’s “chief of operations,” appears to be at the center of an unraveling of the official myth behind al Qaeda.  After his capture in early 2002, Zubaydah was the first “detainee” known to be tortured.  The information allegedly obtained from his torture played a large part in the creation of the official account of 9/11 and in the justification for the continued use of such torture techniques.  Yet in September, 2009, the U.S. government admitted that Zubaydah was never a member or associate of al Qaeda at all.  These facts raise an alarming number of questions about the veracity of our knowledge about al Qaeda, and the true identity of the people who are said to be behind the 9/11 attacks.

Unlike other alleged al Qaeda leaders, including Khlaid Sheik Mohammed and Rasmi bin Alshibh, Zubaydah has never been charged with a crime.  As these other leading suspects await their continually-postponed military trial, Zubaydah is instead being airbrushed out of history.  Why would the U.S. government want us to forget Zubaydah, the first and most important al Qaeda operative captured after 9/11?

http://digwithin.net/2012/10/15/zubaydah/

The words in Arabic - Al Queda means the base or toilet bowl. No real organization would name itself after what any Arab would know to be a toilet.

http://americangoy.blogspot.com/2008/01/al-kaida-means-toilet-and-other-fun.html

Later Bin Laden would take the fear created by the government to put in place high level invasive spying only limited by technology, and use it to his advantage. They adapted the name, in spite of the fact no one even remotely familiar with Islam (2nd largest religious faith in the world),

The World Factbook (2012) Christians (31.59%) Muslims (23.2%) Hindus (15.0%) Buddhists (7.1%) Non-religious (11.67%) Other (11.44%)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

Muslims, or Arabs would know its meaning. Now we use a group in Syria affiliated with what has become a real Al Queda and fight by proxy and Israeli air attack what was to be "our war."

The Media and popular culture mangle our minds to think we are under attack. Total BS. Most people find it difficult to unglue themselves from propaganda. I have had a lot of trouble myself. Even in general conversation i'll drop a line or two. So its not easy when we are all immersed in the BS. 

Just pull back the curtain a little further. Have a good hard look. join the dots. What you will find is a power struggle on a global scale and almost anything goes.

comment: Actually "anything  goes" does not ... go. When what is the desire and will of the voters is ignored and they are monitored to such an extent to stop a revolution, the words "Let them eat cake (croissants in French) loom disturbingly to view. Civil unrest and a final awakening are prefaced by hunger in the general population and poverty.  Also people who are ill are not too ill to speak out. When groups prowl the White House lawn and protest, this is not a display of ignorance. It is a display of desperation and moral conviction. 

I'll explain: The whole construct of fear of the Arab world has been propagated since Nixon and the KFK assassination. The whole lot of BS about terrorists is all just a game to destabilize governments and install tin pot dictators. Steal oil, gold, diamonds and anything worth a quid. CIA's drug running etc etc.  The whole game is about world domination and the Geopolitical battle for territory.

Comment: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
                   George Santayana - Spanish philosopher -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Santayana

We are all puppets and we are kept dancing by the bigger game being played out. Watch this video first. Its short and has one of the key players. Brzezinski "The architect" also look for Rockafella "the king pin" The trilateral commisson "the mother ship"   Carter "the puppet"    Clinton "the puppet" 

Comment: It would be more intelligent and insightful to put aside accusations and replace them with solutions. There is nothing under the creation that cannot be changed except for death and taxes. One does not resolve a crisis of this magnitude by sitting down and criticizing the players. What can be done here? 

1) Senators and Congressman want to stay in office. They cannot ignore the abysmal disapproval of the American voters and will either learn to compromise or be replace by others who can show bipartisan concern for not  just "voters",  but the general population as a whole. 

2) Set aside personal political agendas which are dangerous and harmful to America.
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. " Lord Acton

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/absolute-power-corrupts-absolutely.html

3) Replace the analysis with realistic and doable solutions. Programs will be cut. Not every person on government assistance is incapable of working and taking care of themselves. In light of the fact people get older before they die, the retirement age will be raised by five years. After three generations of Welfare and Social Security for those in their teens, take those who are not disabled from typing or learning to do "a desk job", and create jobs to give them back their dignity wanting to be a part of America's solution- not its problem. Let them contribute to a nation that has supported them for years. Those that need assistance and truly cannot work will have even more money to take care of them.

4) If possible provide alternate and credible news sources who ignore the crisis in Syria  and attack by Israel on  Russian supplied arms, to watch a video of Miley Cyrus naked on a wrecking ball. For some, good music; but not as important news to be  the key story on CNN during a crisis.

PS the News media are not waking up. They have been hit left of field by the internet and a scrambling to evolve. The mainstream media is in cahoots with the government and the big end of town. Its where all of their money comes from. They are slowly gaining control of the net. 

This is what all this NSA stuff is really about...

A final word on connecting that which is against the spin of what is labeled "mainstream media is in cahoots with the government."  Some of them like many main search engines and communications, are under the federal thumb. What this is really about is the NSA getting caught with their cumulative hands in the high tech surveillance "cookie jar."  It is not what the spin is "why it's okay and we need it", it is what the American people feel about it and in many polls they greatly disapprove. Up to 70% disapprove of the invasion of their privacy by spying.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/10/polls-continue-show-majority-americans-against-nsa-spying

Conclusion: Feelings and thoughts count and the person with the most power in a democracy is not a leader or group of leaders. It is the voter.  Once burned, twice shy.  Many times burned awake and ready to get to the voting booths and try and save their country. That is "you" if you want any say in the future of America. Vote.

Medclinician
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 4:28am
it took 2 months to recount a million votes here , there is not someone listening to 6 million phone calls ,

they just monitoring the data stream to try and pick up on certain words....

or would you rather ANOTHER 9/11

p.s ignore the riff raff they just feed off you ,you know who i mean.....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 5:31am

those idiots had all the evidence they needed to have prevented 9-11

they either screwed up

OR

allowed it to happen

name one terrorist plot the NSA has prevented

the head of that odious organization James Clapper,couldn't even name ONE

at first he said they had prevented over 50

then it was down to 3 or 4

but even those pathetic examples were soon discredited

he lied to Congress

he knowingly perjured himself

but no worries

he's not being held accountable for his deliberate LIES and crimes

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

it took 2 months to recount a million votes here , there is not someone listening to 6 million phone calls ,

they just monitoring the data stream to try and pick up on certain words....

or would you rather ANOTHER 9/11

p.s ignore the riff raff they just feed off you ,you know who i mean.....

XKeyscore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHwr0E6mgY

More and more information daily hits the net concerning the mechanism and monitoring of citizens of countries all over the world. In contrast to document collection centers with 20 terabytes the center in Utah can store 5 zetabytes.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettabyte

(Source of this video -TYT)

The Young Turks is the largest online news show in the world, covering politics, pop culture and lifestyle.  The TYT Network is one of the Top 50 You Tube Partners, with over 30 million views a month and well over 670 million total video views on The Young Turks YouTube Channel.

http://www.theyoungturks.com/pages/About_TYT.html

More about the measure of data storage of 5 zettabytes-

Mark Liberman calculated the storage requirements for all human speech ever spoken at 42 zettabytes if digitized as 16 kHz 16-bit audio. This was done in response to a popular expression that states "all words ever spoken by human beings" could be stored in approximately 5 exabytes of data (see exabyte for details). Liberman did freely confess that "maybe the authors [of the exabyte estimate] were thinking about text".[17]

Comment: This is not a problem if you have no issues and simply comply to everything and follow without question. However once a voice is heard and found to be credible, then there  usually is serious private data which could be used to destroy a person and silence them.

The extent of the invasion of privacy and our freedom was foretold in  two prophetic books long before a situation making the intense loss of privacy a reality in 2013.  1984 by George Orwell set in Great Britain, describes a highly controlling government which foreshadowed the conditions today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

A second book and movie, THX1138 tells the story of a highly drugged "nation" which is underground and in the 25th century with a nuclear wasteland on the surface. A man and a woman choose to stop taking "Soma" which makes people docile and able to focus and eventually flee and escape after being tortured and experimented on. 

Imho these two movies present a likely outcome if the government continues to increase its monitoring abilities and the health insurance - doctor - drug superpower takes over and any opposing it are demonized and tracked.

http://www.thelunchmovie.com/?p=3566

BRAVE NEW WORLD introduced us to SOMA in 1932 and the Rolling Stones outed Mother and her Little Helper in ’66. THX-1138 foresaw widespread use of stimulants and sedatives, fertility drugs and chemical castration, and anti-depressants. Lucas also imagined a society where criminal prosecution is used to enforce a drug regimen. We may be heading in that direction when paroles and probation have hinged on citizens being court ordered to accept prescriptions.

Conclusion: Who decides what should be hidden from the American public for "their own good" and national security? How much of it is for the good and safety of Americans? How much is to create a massive data base of the most personal information which is not needed to be known or stored to protect our country?

Medclinician
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 12:08pm
Of course, with or without President Obama, the basic events of continued releases of information are leading to even more specifics. Many Senators and Congressman who jumped on board to condemn Edward Snowden are now distancing themselves politically from a true disaster as voters become more and more informed. 

November 3, 2013 8 A.M.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-nsa-spying-20131103,0,2119933.story#axzz2jc1FG8XO

WASHINGTON — After decades of pushing the boundaries of electronic espionage, the National Security Agency finds itself exposed as never before, and the anything-goes ethos of secret surveillance may never be the same.

--------------------

"This is going to change the way the NSA does business for decades to come," said Stewart Baker, a former NSA general counsel who writes frequently about intelligence matters.

--------------------

Obama administration officials and leading lawmakers, who staunchly defended the NSA after Snowden began leaking classified documents that were disclosed June, have begun to distance themselves from the agency.

"In some cases, some of these actions have reached too far, and we are going to try to make sure it doesn't happen in the future," Secretary of State John F. Kerry said Friday in London.

-------------------

"Some people are still trying to defend what [the NSA is] doing here, but it feels like we've crossed a threshold," said Mieke Eoyang, a former House intelligence aide who directs the national security program at Third Way, a centrist Washington think tank.

Intelligence officials appear both baffled and annoyed that long-standing systems and practices are suddenly being criticized.

------------------

Members of congressional oversight committees had been briefed on the NSA's programs to collect and archive U.S. telephone calling records, and most stood by the agency when the news broke in June. But Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who heads the Senate Intelligence Committee, reacted angrily to news that the NSA also had eavesdropped on Merkel and other friendly leaders.

Insisting that the committee had never been briefed on those activities, she called for a wholesale review of surveillance practices, the first since the inquiries into the intelligence failures before the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Two senior Republicans, Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Susan Collins of Maine, both leading voices on national security issues, also called for investigations.

Comment: These are significant voices in our government which are now calling for investigation and review and action to ensure some spying events which violated privacy so they  do not happen again. 

Medclinician

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 8:38am
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2013/11/04/ns-lu-stout-schmidt-nsa-part-1.cnn&hpt=hp_bn5&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

As the story continues to reveal more and more information, Google is now being sued by a consortium which includes Apple Computers and Microsoft,for the breach in the inner security resulting in the release of personal information of nearly all the American people.

This is extremely confusing in that early reports already revealed the cooperation of Google, Yahoo, and main communication industries in gathering and sharing information.

In one comment, finding 300 terrorists out of 300,000,000 people did not provide proof of an effective program versus the violation of privacy.  It is notable at this point many people are becoming very quiet. In the light of knowledge their are likely many documents with government and private sector which cover almost every personal facet of lives.  Who wants to become targeted by a system that can completely destroy their lives? Who, at this point is unaware of the fact there is no reasonable expectation of privacy on the Internet?

Were these companies sharing information with the U.S. government?

http://www.naturalnews.com/040659_internet_surveillance_police_state_Facebook.html

The collection of private user data under the PRISM program began on September 11, 2007, with Microsoft (Hotmail) turning over private emails. Every Hotmail email sent since 2007 has been surveiled and tracked by the NSA.

Here are the dates of "activation" when the NSA began collecting private user data from internet service providers:

• September, 2007 - Microsoft / Hotmail
• March, 2008 - Yahoo Mail
• January, 2009 - Google Gmail
• June, 2009 - Facebook
• December, 2009 - Paltalk
• September, 2010 - YouTube
• February, 2011 - Skype
• March, 2011 - AOL
• October, 2012 - Apple

How was this information gathered?

PRISM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/prism-collection-documents/

This is now public information. No tracks or hacks were used to collect it. It is public knowledge. Everyone you befriend on the Internet by email is tracked and those lists are sent not only to .gov but a massive number of advertising firms all over the world. 

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic