Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Fukushima Clean Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Fukushima Clean Up
    Posted: November 08 2013 at 9:47am

until this job is completed

I think the bird flu is gonna be the least of our worries

We’re In The Most Dangerous Moment Since the Cuban Missile Crisis

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/11/were-in-the-most-dangerous-moment-since-the-cuban-missile-crisis.html

"

The success of the cleanup also has global significance. So we all have a direct interest in seeing that the next steps are taken well, efficiently and safely."

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2013 at 3:10pm

here's an excerpt from someone going by the name BeINformed

from over on the SHTF Plan site

"Then I see yet another record broken for a geophysical event, the strongest EVER records land falling hurricane in the Philippins. The strongest earthquake recorded in Japan, the strongest ever deep focus earthquake, the most powerful strike slip earthquake every recored, the most power tornado and widest one ever recorded, the strongest north hurricane ever recorded making land in Sandy, the most rainfall in 24 hour periods all of the world ever recorded, the strongest radiation storm ever recorded. This all in the past 2 years. Is it just me or all these events kind of pointing to just how f’ed times are going to get in the future?

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/mainstream-narrative-the-economy-seems-to-be-heating-up-faster-than-people-think-incredibly-impressive_11082013#comments

I'm posting this here just as something to think about

is it just me 

or is the world going to hell in  a hand basket ?

DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2013 at 4:10pm
***** happens from time to time
WHAT TO DO????
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by DANNYKELLEY DANNYKELLEY wrote:

***** happens from time to time

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 6:47am
Is now in South China Sea heading for Vietnam

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 7:17am
Skip to 12:00 min in this video goes over reactor # 4 
http://fairewinds.org/media/fairewinds-videos/tour-fukushima-daiichi
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 7:45am
I hope this link works, "The 1938 New England hurricane triggered a storm surge as high as 25 to 30 feet, considerably higher than waves generated this week by Sandy. A wave that tall would easily overtake many nuclear plants on the East Coast, which on average lie about 20 feet above sea level, with minimal sea wall protection."http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/evanosnos/2012/11/sandy-fukushima-and-the-nuclear-industry.html
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 3:54am

looks like they need to clean up all of Japan 

Fukushima Didn’t Just Suffer 3 Meltdowns … It Also Suffered Melt-THROUGHS and Melt-OUTS

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/...melt-outs.html

"The Nuclear Core Has Finally Been Found … Scattered All Over Japan"

Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 5:00am

Hi Satori,

This post isn't to try to big myself up or give it the big 'I am', however I was in the Royal Navy for a long time and one of the jobs I did while serving was to act as a team leader of a Health Physics team in Devonport Dockyard working on Submarine Pressurised water reactors.

The role my team performed was to take over all aspects of radiological safety when a submarine came into the port and any maintenance was carried out. The work itself would be carried out either by dockyard services or by the submarines ships company, we were the guys controlling access to the reactor space and monitoring anyone or anything that came out of the 'pot' for contamination. My boss was an actual Navy Medical Doctor and I had a Medical Assistant in my team who's role was to perform any lab work required should contamination be discovered.

What all that really meant was even though my proper job was as a RADAR mechanic, I had a two year period where I spent my working life in and around Sub reactors and the people/medical staff who routinely deal with Nuclear technology, plus the Navy sent me on a ton of training courses. As you can guess, it was not difficult to learn a lot in that time.

Here is some thing I picked up during that period that may be of interest to you or anyone interested in Fukushima.

Regarding MOX fuel. I don't know if you are aware of this, but a reactor can be used to either generate power, or generate fuel. The terms typically used are 'feed' or 'breed' A Feeder does what its name suggests it consumes fuel to produce power. A breeder however uses the neutron soak of an active pile to make plutonium out of uranium. In a mox fuel reactor, what defines if the pile feeds or breeds is the ratio of mox rod assembly's that have been doped with Americium during manufacture to those that are not. The more doped rods are present, the more the reactor breeds.

If you look carefully at almost all the sample reports taken from the Fukushima area, you will see that they all contain high, or unusually high levels of Americium...

To me this begs the question, what was Number 3 reactor at Fukushima being used for, was it to generate power, or to make more fuel?

If you take the first speculation, was number 3 being used to breed, its worth seeing if there is any supporting evidence and one question about Fuku has always bothered me.

Why were the Japanese storing so much spent fuel onsite at that facility?

When you look at the amount of spent fuel rods in all the reactor buildings spent fuel pools, the numbers just don't make sense. Combine that with the fact there is a shared fuel pool onsite which holds as much as all the buildings combined and then some, and you arrive at a picture that only makes sense if Number 3 Reactor was being used to Breed and the spent fuel stored at the site was destined to be put into mixed piles with the mox fuel for the purpose of making a lot of Plutonium.

If you discard that idea, then your left with the question why was there so much spent fuel and not a lot makes any sense.

The problem is if you accept the idea that TEPCO was manufacturing plutonium through number 3 while other reactors there generated power, you are then left with two very disturbing questions..

1) How much plutonium exactly was in the pile at number 3 reactor? (as you know plutonium is the most lethal substance known to man)

2) Where is that Plutonium now?

I know the whole Fukushima nightmare is very serious, but of all the problems its caused, my own belief is that what I have outlined above is the most serious and pressing in terms of human health over the longer term but I would guess the situation with the number 4 fuel pool is definitely critical as well though in more of a tactical sense.

Food for thought.

Utwig.
Remember to get your whole head in front of the shotgun!
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2015 at 2:19am
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4388657/ and http://www.globalresearch.ca/huge-spike-in-neurological-diseases-after-fukushima-600-rise-in-disorders-among-evacuees/5450580">

Change in and Long-Term Investigation of Neuro-Otologic Disorders in Disaster-Stricken Fukushima Prefecture [Neuro-otology: Branch of clinical medicine which treats neurological disorders of the ear]

• Soma City [is] 44 km north of Fukushima Daiichi… almost all patients who require hospitalization for ear, nose, and throat (ENT) care were referred to our department… We thus investigated the influence of the disaster on internal ear diseases.
  • Regarding the evacuation area, the total number of patients [in the ENT department] increased 4.64 times [364% in 1st year], 4.24 times [324% in 2nd year], and 4.54 times [354% in 3rd year] compared with the number before the disaster.
  • New patients [with vertigo, Meniere’s disease, and acute low-tone sensorineural hearing loss] in Shinchi Town… increased by 64.3%, 114.3%, and 46.4% [in years 1, 2, and 3] respectively… In the case of Minami-Soma City, except the evacuation area… increased by 84.2%, 152.6%, and 142.1%, respectively… Regarding the evacuation area… the numbers of patients with vertigo, MD, or ALHL became 7 times [600% increase in 1st year], 5 times [400% increase in 2nd year], and 7 times [600% increase in 3rd year].
  • Although the causes for MD and ALHL are still unknown [the rise] might be due to increased tension and stress… As for the cases [of vertigo] we were unable to establish the neuro-otologic pathogeneses in… 72%  [and] there may have been cases of psychogenic dizziness… administration of an anti-vertigenous drug or advice to keep calm and to have a sound mind did not help… There were some difficult cases where ENT treatment alone did not work, presumably because these cases were complicated with some mental diseases… In some serious cases, we… referred the patients to psychiatric care or prescribed psychosomatic medicine. Some patients refused our advice… or to admit that they had a mental problem.
  • The number of reported cases of heart disease and brain infarction have increased in the devastated area… Diabetes, osteoporosis, and psychiatric illnesses were feared to have worsened… There is a great concern that there will be additional health hazards, and we strongly feel the need for administrative support.

Journal of the American Academy of Audiology (pdf), 1995: Ototoxicity and Irradiation — Additional Etiologies of Hearing Loss in Adults

The article [discusses] the effects of irradiation on hearing [in patients] exposed to excessive radiation as a result of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster… Shidlovckaya of the Kiev Research Institute of Otolaryngology has been studying [cleanup workers from] Chernobyl… her patients have evidenced a number of disorders, including hearing loss…

When Shidlovckaya divided her population into three groups – [those] who worked directly at the disaster site; residents… nearby; and residents… some distance from the disaster site – an interesting pattern in the auditory results emerged… analysis indicated that, in 100 percent of [workers] examined, there are disturbances or abnormalities…

Furthermore, the… lesser radiation exposure… the less likely it was that these deviations would be present… Obviously, this is an important area of further research and could have a significant impact on our reaction to patients who have been exposed to radiation…

Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2009: Diseases of Sense Organs — Throughout the more contaminated territories [around Chernobyl,] hearing abnormalities occur with greater frequency… Between 46 and 69% of surveyed liquidators had some hearing disorder.

Watch: St. Louis Children’s Hospital  on radiation-induced hearing loss

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic