Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Pandemic Survival Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Pandemic Now-long overdue book -Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pandemic Now-long overdue book -Medclinician
    Posted: November 30 2013 at 8:22am
It has been years since I began a book which not only included a vast amount of Prep information, it also fleshed out the coming world situation based on 6 CFR numbers 5% through 90%.  The story of the survival of this book, despite the destruction of disks, stolen flash drives, and broken or destroyed computers- that story, could be a book in itself.

Suffice it to say, the manuscript survived. Perhaps while not a great demonstration of writing after 500 interviews with professionals giving specifics on mining coal, modifying and creating stoves from water heaters and setting up latrines with language that could be understood by a twelve-year-old, was different. Yet much more important was the visualization of how it would be as opposed to Mad Max films and the Stand. The icy "there will be no medical care"," there will be no disaster help or electricity", incredible looting and even cannibalism, as stockpiles will be sacked and people murdered in the streets and in their shelters.

In that world one would need basic arms, hidden food, and until the government was out of the shelters to work together in guarded cities waiting for .gov to finally rescue them. Life is short. I may not live to see these Pandemics. I nearly did not live to make it back to this site. But I lived to finish the book and it will be out maybe before Christmas.

There is no doubt another Pandemic- or several are coming. As I said before 2009 - Not if, but when. With good editors and software I have overcome my notorious typos and misspelling. It is an embarrassment to me as I post here.

When there is no electricity, running water, and perhaps even Prion, not even a virus or MERS sweeps the world, this book will remain to help those struggling to survive. As a cartoon of a man in post-apocalyptic New York with a portable T.V. and an electric plug staggering through the ruins, some do not get it now about preparing... and perhaps some never will.

Medclinician
Medclinician - not if but when - original
newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 5:48pm
Where will we be able to purchase this?  Will it be available privately on-line (ie directly thru you) or thru big venders like Amazon, Chapters/Indigo...

Please post when it's available - I have so much to learn!
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by newbie newbie wrote:

Where will we be able to purchase this?  Will it be available privately on-line (ie directly thru you) or thru big venders like Amazon, Chapters/Indigo...

Please post when it's available - I have so much to learn!

Sure. The lag time to actually get out a paperback may be less now that I have contacted my original agent in New York. The quick and dirty solution is to release it as an e-book. Working with Amazon at present. There are many books on Prepping for and surviving in a global Pandemic.

This one has a section stating scenarios for five different CFRs describing the possible situations and giving same appropriate solutions depending on the how many are infected and how many die.

Actual government numbers  are much higher than what is posted on the media and the actual contingency plan is no treatment and being told to SIP.

In contrast to a lot of bikers running around in the desert, there will be a large number of professionals and the formally rich trying to survive in a world without utility water or electricity. 

Med

Johnray1 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 3:10pm
Med,how do I get a copy of your book? Johnray1
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2013 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

Med,how do I get a copy of your book? Johnray1

It really looks like New Years. The first version will be e-book and then go to paperback. I have been trying to include new data for this Flu season.  Will post on here.

Good to see you, JohnRay

Med
Seawolfe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seawolfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2013 at 9:11pm
Med
I am curious - - do you recall a series of books called "The Foxfire Book"? The first book was written back in the 70s as a school project by high school students in rural Appalachia. The students wrote articles about how they and their parents and grandparents made from scratch and by hand everything they needed to live. Topics include building log cabins, making furniture, home remedies, dressing and cooking wild animal food, preserving food and last but not least - - the fine art of moonshining. There is much more and there is a whole series. Maybe I should push this over to "Prepping".    
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Seawolfe Seawolfe wrote:

Med
I am curious - - do you recall a series of books called "The Foxfire Book"? The first book was written back in the 70s as a school project by high school students in rural Appalachia. The students wrote articles about how they and their parents and grandparents made from scratch and by hand everything they needed to live. Topics include building log cabins, making furniture, home remedies, dressing and cooking wild animal food, preserving food and last but not least - - the fine art of moonshining. There is much more and there is a whole series. Maybe I should push this over to "Prepping".    

Seawolfe - they're available on Amazon. Here's a link to one of them,

http://www.amazon.com/The-Foxfire-Book-Dressing-Moonshining/dp/0385073534

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2013 at 3:17am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Originally posted by Seawolfe Seawolfe wrote:

Med
I am curious - - do you recall a series of books called "The Foxfire Book"? The first book was written back in the 70s as a school project by high school students in rural Appalachia. The students wrote articles about how they and their parents and grandparents made from scratch and by hand everything they needed to live. Topics include building log cabins, making furniture, home remedies, dressing and cooking wild animal food, preserving food and last but not least - - the fine art of moonshining. There is much more and there is a whole series. 

Seawolfe - they're available on Amazon. Here's a link to one of them,

http://www.amazon.com/The-Foxfire-Book-Dressing-Moonshining/dp/0385073534

As some may know, I was in West Virginia when I started this book and people there are very savvy about living in a mountain environment with considerable cold to deal with in the winter.  It sounds very interesting perhaps I can even use a few quotes.  There is a lot of fuel in WV and while cold it has enough coal to power itself for a thousand years or more.

The Appalachia people are unique and take pride in their heritage. I was taught primitive coal mining as well as many skills which are in the book.  Hunting is an art as I am sure those of who hunt know already. 

With our spreading Flu in the U.S. and it looks nasty with 4 widespread states as of today, if you are near a wooded area and you can build a cabin, which I have seen done, they fairly efficient. I would not be trying to survive in a big city. I would leave it.

Med
talonstip View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talonstip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 4:22pm
I was lucky enough to be handed the full series of original foxfire books from my aunt after my uncle passed away and the info they contain is amazing. I recommend them 
Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 5:03pm
Any update on the e-book? I'm very eager to read it. 
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2014 at 8:29am
Update on Pandemic Now - in final edit and trying to include parts of the current Flu season. Upgrade of current editing and computer systems is speeding up the process of completely and extensive work covering not only the last ten years, but the history of disease from the earliest outbreaks in humankind.

Thank you for the interest. Focused and finishing.

Medclinician
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2014 at 10:07am
A separate website should be online in a few days for my books. As I have told Albert, the focus will be getting Pandemic Now as well as a diverse number of books up for sale on the Internet.

A teaser?

It is possible in some of the scenarios that neither the infrastructure or life as we knew it will continue. If parts of the current administration are hit and some of this goes down into the safe places and behind sealed walls which could protect against and nuclear blast become infected - there may be a substantial change to America and the world.

It is not like this is a unique scenario with hundreds of books out. It is the fact that like in 24 hours, with Jack Bauer, the "good guys" always win. Somehow the plots are foiled, a the last minute valiantly as the seconds tick - the device which will spread weapons of bio attacks are stopped.

In this book there are scenarios where this doesn't happen.  It is not a super book and I am sure many have many ideas of what should be in it.

It is written mostly at a 12th grade level and I battle against time - for I still believe - not if- but when.

Medclinician

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2014 at 10:12am
It is a Survival Manual, a book to read in a shelter when there is not Internet and possibly no power grid and how to survive not only in supplies, but in the sweeping change of politics and scenarios which we may not only face in the U.S., but the world.  Medclinician has been healthier and everyday is a struggle to finish.

Table of Contents

Introduction

Survivor’s Notes – How to use this book?

The Lion sleeps not tonight - Ebola

I.                     Past and Present of Pandemics

1   Disease in Ancient Times - Prehistory

2   The First Millennium

3   Before we knew there were germs

4   Discovery of the Bacteria

5   Creation of the Superbug

6   DNA – The Pattern of Life

7   From Bacteria to Virus

8   Epidemic to Pandemic

9   Emergence of the Big 3

10   When the Antivirals Fail

11  The Highly Unstable Medical System

II.               When the Lights Go Out

12    What could happen and how bad will it be?

13    No power

14    Water, Water Everywhere

15    No Food

16    No Medical Facilities

17    No Formal Government Help

18    Finding Out What Happened

19    Dealing with the Lawless

20    Abandoned

III.           Six Possible Scenarios

21 – Denial –There is no Pandemic – 0% CFR

22 – Government not concerned – 2% CFR

23 – When the Prep Plans Fail – 10% CFR

24 – Collapse of the Infrastructure – 25% CFR

25 – Third World Collapse  -- the Darkness Beyond – 35% -- 50% CFR

26 – 60% CFR – 80% Chaos

27 – 80% CFR – 100% The Black Rabbit

IV.           Prepping

28 – Priorities – Research versus active Prepping

29–  What is Prepping?

30 – Are Preppers Mentally Challenged

31 – Using the Internet While There is One

33 – Prepping  for Yourself If You are Alone

34 – Getting Things Together

35 – Water the Essence of Life

36 – Food, Clothing, and Supply Stores

V.               Survival Manual

37 – Going Back a Hundred Years

38 – Light – Fuel and Sources to make it

39 – Building Stoves – Fire pits – Use of Lanterns

40 – Water – Sources – Purifying –Disease source

41 – Sewing- Making Clothing- Salvaging from Stores

42 – Food When the Shelves Are Empty

43 – Self Defense and Weapons

44 – Transport and Vehicles

45 – Medical Treatment

46 – Babies – Making Diapers and Improvising

47 – Boredom and Anxiety

48 – Avoiding Contact

49 – Drugs and medicine

50 – Sanitation – Inside Tub Toilet – Outhouses

51 – Communication – Ham Radios,  and Radios

VI.           The Long Wait – Sanctuary

52 – Psychology of People in Disaster Scenarios

53 – Local City Government and Community Order

54 – Defending the City – Gangs and Warlords

55 –  Routines, Trade, Law, and Banishing

56 – Child care and letting children help

57 – Disposing of the Dead and controlling disease

58 – Community Spirit – Creating lives after the Pandemic

59 – If Troops or Government does not arrive- Setting up a Sanctuary

VII.        Self-Government

60     – Official Statements – Troops – Strength of the Infrastructure

61     – The 2% to 5% Bump in the Road

62     – Independence – Birth of the City States

63     – The Death of Capitalism

64     – Barter and Trade with Other Regions

65     – Leadership, Defense, and Negotiation

66     – Dealing with the Remnant of the Infrastructure – Military

64  – Rebuilding the Infrastructure– Grand Elections for New Leaders

VIII.    The New World Order

65      – Those Who Ignore the Past

66     -- The Birth of the City State

67-- Bill of Rights and Constitution

67     – Leaders of  Past and the Dead

68     – Global Language

69     – Currency and Barter

70     – Religious Tolerance and Peace

71     – Respect for all Races, Creeds, and Life forms

APPENDICIES

Appendix A - References and footnotes by Section

Appendix B - Dictionary – definitions of terms

Appendix C - Disease Intensive Information
Appendix D - Genetic Intensive Information      
Appendix E - Credits to contributors, posters, and scientists
Appendix F – First Aide Primer – Bare Bones

PERSONAL PLANNER

Comment: It is time - A simple book of seven scenarios that may change America in the face of a Pandemic worse than anyone we have ever known.

MEDCLINICIAN

Pepper58 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepper58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 10:48pm
I just wish to say.....I ONCE KNEW A MAN WHO KNEW OF THESE THINGS!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Pepper58 Pepper58 wrote:

I just wish to say.....I ONCE KNEW A MAN WHO KNEW OF THESE THINGS!

You are kind. I must confess to completing and publishing another book ahead of this one, which should have been first. 

It is back on the front burner and with the tools I have know for writing, it should be completed soon. There are many Pandemic Books and sites, and now also many voices restating "Not if, but when."

Some of these voices come from the C.D.C. and I still say with an estimated guess on the U.S. population from a biological hit, natural or lab created, with as low at 5% real deaths, it would cripple and collapse the infrastructure. 

We are on the verge of any of the new mutations going ballistic with the ebola variation moving into the U.S. and becoming airborne. Our transportion hubs making it feasible to bring things from the heart of the African jungle to our doorsteps. This is very scary.

The global warming is making it possible for mosquitoes tol bring Dengue Fever in the unwelcome streets north of Juarez, in El Paso, Texas, where I once trained in the military.

http://www.khou.com/news/Mosquitoes-carrying-Dengue-Fever-spotted-futher-north-on-the-border--167389585.html

There really is no doubt we are headed for a Pandemic of some type, and I am saying there will be multiple Pandemics at the same time, which is a bit rarer.

If I have time to finish this - I will.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 7:28am
The book  which hopefully  draws to a conclusion before my life does. It  is undergoing some big changes. I did want to post something here so people would not think Pandemic now has gone off to wanna be book heaven.

The big new change is moving the history section. Through the years the Pandemic now first chapters have been notoriously boring starting with history and the background of disease and pandemics since early humans chipped away stone tool in the Uldavi gorge with Richard Leaky. Dr. Leaky found Lucy and setting the biblical world astir. This led to a courtroom battle. It was hard core pre-Darwinian paydirt that knocked  the socks off of the classic creation story for some.  Since the Scopes trial http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Scopes_Trial in 1925 sparked by the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) challenged the teaching of the theory of evolution in school, there has been a war of school prayer and teaching religion in public schools.

I found myself at the heart of a controverary. I tracked viruses far beyond the dusy tombs of ancient Egyptians to the nether worlds of the African desert far proceeding 4004 B.C.  Stalking the outbreak of disease and pre-history was a major challenge and one I thought I did moderately well ... but it did not belong in the front of the book.

Using the formula of great movies like Outbreak and the Andromeda Strain, we find ourselves at an outbreak of Prion in America , surrounded by bodies, carnage and horror. Of course there are other worse outbeaks of MERS, Swine Flu and the mother of all Avians airborne and deadly.

After the initial horror (the Horror, the Horror, Apocalypse Now style not in Cambodia), we begin with Prepping. After all,, as self indulgent and fun as it is writing a book the way you want it and think is cool, it is creating a book people will read, find interesting and a bit exciting,  and can understood,  that works the best.

Megahit "When the lights go out" brings it home. If we were to do a movie with this, the clasical blackout would occuring and the whispered about operation "Cave of Darkness" emerges. Taking American and foreign made genetically engineered super germs would make viruses now moderately impossible in the near future. A terrorist hit would speed the land, disease induced by either natural causes, terrorists, our bungled lab research.

And as I wrote this I was thinking, well having tracked dastardly viruses  through the world of stockpiles of horrible stuff in Russia, U.S. North Korea and with the Al Queda (toilet bowl made villain), do I want to enter the world of the Stand?

A little. It might be like that minus a lot of motorcycles and city states or even with them... or would it? I kinda think it would. And despite U.S. scrambling behind the scenes to  buy anti-bleed stuff as Ebola approaches and my truly insightful posts on Prion, we are likely to be hit by a) no power and b) a collapse of the infrastructure as we hit 5% CFR not only in the U.S. but a bleaker 60-80% in the Third World, Europe and especially nasty virus maker China.

So - what is the meat and potatoes (Irish - http://www.the-irish-path.com/irish-food-recipes.html)
of Pandemic Now that may make it shine among the myriad numbers of home brew survival experts and other Meds throughout the world and My Avian *****.

1) it is written at the 12th grade level so anyone speaking basic English can understand it.
2) It includes two areas which are different than most. a) what will happen as various percentages of people die and what will be the effects on our civilizations?  I thought 30% was nasty.  Then getting more alarmed I found 15% to be able to cripple our country and shut down the grid.  Finally, after talking to very informed people who told me "throughout world history, anytime you hit 5% of the people who actually die from anything, government often do collapse."

The outcome for the U.S. government is a sacred item which few will touch at all and  where angels fear to tread.  When the U.S. plunges in chaos and falls apart. Then it becomes settlements and city states as the shelters all setup up with elegant technology, firepower, and sometimes nukes become underground catacombs filled with dead people as a terrorist sneaks down, with no fever and infects everyone.

Goodbye Mr. President, V.P, and congress who die fairly quickly leaving the nation without leaders.

Hello, my book and trying to live in this mess while veterans and ex-police, and 1001 illegal aliens prowl the country side armed and dangerous. I guess any southern or northern force from Mexico would be considered an illegal immigrant. Most enemy combatants are

So the part which is different is the return of .gov, even the tax people (are you suprised?) and a saving of what was the infrastructure minus most of the leaders if not all that were in power. Not without new carpet baggers and a host of really nasty types and some still fearless rebels, it will be a gruesome and decades long process.

Also the book suggests a  plan to pull this off in the U.S. and not lose 200 years and be walking around with torches and candles and subject to road warriors and flesh eaters. What will happen in other countries besides the U.S.? That is for inspired writers from everywhere to add their two cents and publish their own books.

Hope I can do this for you people.  It is fairly far along and it is needed and should be out soon.  It's gonna happen people. The Pandemics, and there will be at least three at once are coming.
"Not if, but when."

I kinda love my family here at AFT. It can be a love hate relationship with a few turkeys who have been very tough to endure.

so hey - we are not on a cable series and I am not writing a novel about Vietnam. This one gets finished.

cover design by S.Bell 2008

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 8:11am
Table of Contents

Introduction
Survivor’s Notes – How to use this book?
The Lion sleeps not tonight – Ebola

Part 1 Prepping

28 – Priorities – Research versus active Prepping
29–  What is Prepping?
30 – Are Preppers Mentally Challenged
31 – Using the Internet While There is One
33 – Prepping  for Yourself If You are Alone
34 – Getting Things Together
35 – Water the Essence of Life
36 – Food, Clothing, and Supply Stores

Part 2 When the Lights Go Out

12 What could happen and how bad will it be?
13 No power
14 Water, Water Everywhere
15 No Food
16 No Medical Facilities
17 No Formal Government Help
18 Finding Out What Happened
19 Dealing with the Lawless
20 Abandoned

Part 3 Possible Scenarios

21 – Denial –There is no Pandemic – 0% CFR
22 – Government not concerned – 2% CFR
23 – When the Prep Plans Fail – 10% CFR
24 – Collapse of the Infrastructure – 25% CFR
25 – Third World Collapse  -- the Darkness Beyond – 35% -- 50% CFR
26 – 60% CFR – 80% Chaos
27 – 80% CFR – 100% The Black Rabbit

Part 4 Survival Manual

37 – Going Back a Hundred Years
38 – Light – Fuel and Sources to make it
39 – Building Stoves – Fire pits – Use of Lanterns
40 – Water – Sources – Purifying –Disease source
41 – Sewing- Making Clothing- Salvaging from Stores
42 – Food When the Shelves Are Empty
43 – Self Defense and Weapons
44 – Transport and Vehicles
45 – Medical Treatment
46 – Babies – Making Diapers and Improvising
47 – Boredom and Anxiety
48 – Avoiding Contact
49 – Drugs and medicine
50 – Sanitation – Inside Tub Toilet – Outhouses
51 – Communication – Ham Radios,  and Radios

Part 5 The Long Wait – Sanctuary

52 – Psychology of People in Disaster Scenarios
53 – Local City Government and Community Order
54 – Defending the City – Gangs and Warlords
55 –  Routines, Trade, Law, and Banishing
56 – Child care and letting children help
57 – Disposing of the Dead and controlling disease
58 – Community Spirit – Creating lives after the Pandemic
59 – If Troops or Government does not arrive- Setting up a Sanctuary

Part 6 Self-Government

60 – Official Statements – Troops – Strength of the Infrastructure
61 – The 2% to 5% Bump in the Road
62 – Independence – Birth of the City States
63 – The Death of Capitalism
64 - Barter and Trade with Other Regions
65 – Leadership, Defense, and Negotiation
66– Dealing with the Remnant of the Infrastructure – Military
67– Rebuilding the Infrastructure– Grand Elections for New Leaders

Part 7 Deliverance

68 – Infrastructure – soldiers – hesitant warlords
69 – Less central government and building trust
70 – Restoring Federal Order from City States and independent leaders
71 – Aftermath – several eventual outcomes – peace to continuing conflict
72 – Healing and rebuilding centralized government and Congress

Part 8   Past and Present of Pandemics

1   Disease in Ancient Times - Prehistory
2   The First Millennium
3   Before we knew there were germs
4   Discovery of the Bacteria
5   Creation of the Superbug
6   DNA – The Pattern of Life
7   From Bacteria to Virus
8   Epidemic to Pandemic
9   Emergence of the Big 3
10 When the Antivirals Fail
11 The Highly Unstable Medical System

APPENDICIES

Appendix A - References and footnotes by Section
Appendix B - Dictionary – definitions of terms
Appendix C - Disease Intensive Information
Appendix D - Genetic Intensive Information      
Appendix E - Credits to contributors, posters, and scientists
Appendix F – First Aide Primer – Bare Bones

PERSONAL PLANNER
Newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 4:23pm
I for one, am praying for many healthy days ahead for you - not just so you can finish this book (which I desperately want to order!) but because anyone who cares about his fellow mankind enough to put the amount of hours of work required to do a book like this - deserves MANY healthy, happy, glorious days!
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 5:26pm
I'm also looking forward to the final release . Thanks Med for your dedication to this.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 6:23pm
Medclinician, I wish you well with you book. There are many interesting topics covered. Thanks.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 10:36pm
Hey Med, I will buy one just tell me when the book comes out. An E-book won't do me much good when the electricity is out...LOL! I have candles to read a real book at night and the sun by day!

Looks like a great book I am excited for you!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 10:35am
As with many of us, with the loss of a dear person to me February 12, 2014 possibly to the flu, this was nealry a knockout blow to me and my ability to finish the book. Now, it would appear, as in 2008 when I predicted the last Pandemic, we indeed have one coming, "not if but when"

I am doing my best to get this up on Amazon/Kindle which would be the best medium by the end of this month. Even if it is only partilally finished, whatever I have is going up.

My thanks to the people in West Virginia, especially Dr. John Ray, who have given me information over the years, even on how to mine coal, to make stoves from water heaters, and from those in Arkansas who are some of the best survivors I have ever known. Many of my close friends are from the South and it is my thinking part of the core survivors will be in West Virginia over one of the largest coal veins and a power source which could power America.

This book is unique in that it starts with the collapse of the the power Grid and a Pandemic. When the Lights Go Out - is a main chapter.

For many living in big cities, there will be no garbage cans with food or even Walmarts with anything left on the shelves.

The Pandemic I predicted was only up to 30% ... nothing like the Ebola numbers.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and this book should provide data that a twelve-year-old child can use to take care of a family with no parents.

Thank you to all my family on AFT. You have been such for better or worse,  when at times I had no other. You are a gift to the world and down the line, what you have posted and shared may save millions of lives.

My prayers and love to all.

Medclinician
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 10:46am
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-cdc-head-says-situation-can-get-worse-calls-international-help-1462888

Voicing concern over the latest Ebola outbreak, Tom Frieden, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has said that the situation could get worse and called for quicker international help and cooperation to control the spread.

"The world has never seen an outbreak of Ebola like this. Consequently, not only are the numbers large, but we know there are many more cases than has been diagnosed and reported," said Dr Frieden, after visiting some of the Ebola-ravaged parts of West Africa, reports BBC.

Dr Frieden met Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf to discuss ways to fight the disease.

He said there was a need for "urgent action" and called on Liberians "to come together" to stop misconceptions that have helped the outbreak spread.

The medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) has called the international response "entirely inadequate".

Medclinician

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 7:49pm

>> 31  <<

When the Lights Go Out

The American people and many other first world nations, as opposed to third world countries, who struggle to survive, have grown soft. In the last hundred and fifty years, and perhaps a little further back, let’s say, when America declared independence, the growth of technology and conveniences in the United States, were not that much different from much of those available to the ancient Egyptians. There may have been levers, and pulleys, and ropes, but there were few switches or buttons to push. The catastrophic reality of a Pandemic, or any serious natural or unnatural disaster will become real when someone flicks a light switch and despite changing the bulb, no light comes on.

That light may not come on for some time. Considering the fact that the energy reserves we are supposed to have in the United States and those which we do have are at an all time low, in some areas as little as three days when they should be three weeks, shortens our lifeline of power considerably. This is not generally a media worthy item, or even one that is really a high priority to the majority of the general public. However, it will be a number one priority for everyone when the series of critical events leads to a Pandemic, people stay home, and eventually the grid kicks off and there is no power. What happens in the next few minutes will r change from mild annoyance, to serious panicking.

Or the lights may go out suddenly with no warning, producing the initial feeling of- “I wonder how long this is going to be?” After several hours of no power and the phones dead and no idea of how long it will be, this may turn from mild annoyance to serious anxiety.  It could be a month. It could be a year. A quick trip to the bathroom and a twist of the knob in the sink, will deepen the anxiety as no water comes out. And finally as one either rushes to their phone to call someone and  find out what is happening and there is no dial tone or no signal on the cell phone, the initial phase of isolation will hit.  Our network arteries, power, communication, gas, water,  which connect us to civilization for both business and personal use will be severed. Of course those with desktops will already feel the growing ominous feeling of approaching unhappiness when the computer become simply a scrap of metal, chips, and parts, with no useful function. The more sophisticated laptop crowd, and those even with roaming wireless, will feel the deep and sad withdrawal of someone coming off of heroin – the global network will be – dead.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 8:03pm
Med is your book out in paper? If so where can I get it? You guys I can't keep up with all of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic