Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Is this the end of viruses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this the end of viruses?
    Posted: December 03 2013 at 9:08am
Hi guys when i'm bored i research viruses and associated treatments. ( i need a life)

I've been reading about this cool new anti viral nano technology. Supposedly its set to "revolutionize the treatment of viruses" (their words). One of the companies using it is Nanoviricides. I've attempted a link to a PDF of their treatment method. Its a nice simple explanation of this type of technology.

http://www.nanoviricides.com/Eugene%20PresentationNVC%20LD%20MICRO%20Conference%20Final.pdf - http://www.nanoviricides.com/Eugene%20Presentation/NNVC%20LD%20MICRO%20Conference%20Final.pdf

There are several companies experimenting with this technology. Nanoviricides is the first with a working anti-viral, but you can bet others are riding their labcoats. I expect one of these groups to crack it over next few years. The results are truly amazing and quite revolutionary.

Maybe one day viruses will be a thing of the past
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 9:11am
 links don't work for me...  I you want to see the report. Just cut and past the url.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 9:20am
I doubt it. For something as dumb as a virus, they've shown themselves to be much more clued in to our molecular biology than we are. Call me jaded, but I take everything that comes out of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a pinch of salt as it's usually a thinly veiled sales pitch.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Crying Out Loud View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crying Out Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 10:20am
Anyone who would force an individual, to get a vaccination or medical care,
through the fake courts etc. should be given a bullet to the head, execution style!
These people are not Gods. They are not ethical, they are perverted, bully infested
merchants. They are roadblocks, that stand in the way of individuals getting true
 quality healthcare. Dump them all over board! Your very survival depends upon it.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 2:02pm

we might eliminate viruses as a threat

but then we'll be wiped out by runaway nano botsBig smile

Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 3:20pm
It's not going to happen. The only thing man is good at is taking out man. Viruses are here for good, or so I think.
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 5:56pm
I sense a bit of negativity? Why? 

Its freaking awesome!!! Its marketing spin agreed, but its not just one company doing this. There are six i counted trialing similar methods and many are getting results. This is a paradigm shift in treatment of viruses.

The treatment is an anti-viral and not a vaccine. There is an important difference. It's used only when you are sick and possibly at risk of dying. So most likely you will only take this if you have been exposed to a virus. 

I agree with the view on Vaccines... Vaccines are a huge money spinner and are a favorite of the corrupt medical mafia who push half tested vaccines on the public.  The vaccine industry is somewhat in opposition to this technology. Don't get me wrong its not a case of one or the other. There is room for both technologies in this world. Vaccines play their role and need to be treated as long term solutions to viruses. Antivirals are used more for frontline defense. 

The technology is a anti-viral Nanocarrier used to deliver a web of protein receptors effectively smothering the virus. Older more established technology works on attacking the heart of the virus. Its quite innovative and holds a lot of promise. The link to the Nanoviricides website is not working. Just find their website and look for Investor Info section. In this section look for presentations. The one to view is "Platform for rapid development of anti-viral drugs December 2 2013."

Trust me it is a mind blowing technology and if you understand viruses you will find it fascinating.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 6:16pm
Don't get me wrong, cobber - I'd love to see us conquer infectious diseases, but I think you have more faith in medical science, and lot less respect for viruses than I do. The biggest problem I foresee is that they mutate faster than the biotech/pharmaceutical industry can develop effective treatments and then have them approved by the FDA. If we're lucky we might stop them for a while, but I believe they'll ultimately get around ever roadblock we throw in front of them.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 2:58am
i wonder if this research  would help with antibiotic resistant bacteria ??

seems interesting as the idea is to close down the virus before it reproduces enough to affect the host,

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 7:48am
Did some further study on nanocarriers. And i'm pretty confident that this will bring forward other novel variants. Maybe not antibacterial drugs in its current form, but i expect nano biotech are already eyeing solutions.

The interesting part of this technology is it can still work with a mutated virus. The Nanoviricides technology operated entirely in a different manner to other anti-viral drugs. The receptors on the surface of a virus typically doesn't change with mutation. This means that the virus may change its internal structure and mutate, but the outer mechanical receptor still stays the same. Basically the Nanoviricides targets the receptor and not the internals. So using the same drug for various strains will be possible.

The real genius of the technology is using two parts to make the drug. Firstly they start with a nano particle which is engineered in the lab. They can use this same particle with multiple viruses. Its like a mister potato head with out his attachments. Then they choose what parts they want to attach depending on what virus they want to attack. 

This is the second part the attachments. basically they bond things called ligands to the outer shell of the nano particle. Ligands are mr potatoheads arms and legs. These things grab hold of the receptors on the virus. Ligands are easy to find, produce and attach. 

The speed at which they can develop an antiviral is reduced from years and months down to days.

Case in point they produces a working sample for the British government to combat MERS in three days.

If what Nanooviricides are saying is true its something akin to the discovery of penicillin 
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 9:22am
As the test results on this continue to be released, hopefully there will be progress but the "End of Viruses" is unlikely.

For other posters here and concerning posting links - some copy paste mechanisms tend to put in %21 for a space which will not translate in a link. This has to be manually fixed at times.

Medclinician - not if but when - original
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

Did some further study on nanocarriers. And i'm pretty confident that this will bring forward other novel variants. Maybe not antibacterial drugs in its current form, but i expect nano biotech are already eyeing solutions.

The interesting part of this technology is it can still work with a mutated virus. The Nanoviricides technology operated entirely in a different manner to other anti-viral drugs. The receptors on the surface of a virus typically doesn't change with mutation. This means that the virus may change its internal structure and mutate, but the outer mechanical receptor still stays the same. Basically the Nanoviricides targets the receptor and not the internals. So using the same drug for various strains will be possible.

The real genius of the technology is using two parts to make the drug. Firstly they start with a nano particle which is engineered in the lab. They can use this same particle with multiple viruses. Its like a mister potato head with out his attachments. Then they choose what parts they want to attach depending on what virus they want to attack. 

This is the second part the attachments. basically they bond things called ligands to the outer shell of the nano particle. Ligands are mr potatoheads arms and legs. These things grab hold of the receptors on the virus. Ligands are easy to find, produce and attach. 

The speed at which they can develop an antiviral is reduced from years and months down to days.

Case in point they produces a working sample for the British government to combat MERS in three days.

The biggest issue with drugs, any drugs, is the fact that they can be overcome in time by said viruses. if anything, this would be a short time fix.

As the case maybe, there is always hope I suppose, although I put my faith in God above where my salvation resides.

Have a good day sir.

If what Nanooviricides are saying is true its something akin to the discovery of penicillin 
Strategos View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Strategos Strategos wrote:

Originally posted by cobber cobber wrote:

The biggest issue with drugs, any drugs, is the fact that they can be overcome in time by said viruses. if anything, this would be a short time fix.

As the case maybe, there is always hope I suppose, although I put my faith in God above where my salvation resides.

Have a good day sir.
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 9:18pm
True this is a short term fix, but when the long term fix is death.

I'll put my faith in science thanks. 
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2013 at 9:20pm
Sorry about the title it really should have said 

Is this the end of death caused by viruses?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic