Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Chinese Death Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 10:20am
The pilot was said to have a flight simulator in his house. Now I don't know any pilots, but I am assuming that's not a normal thing., right?
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:24pm
Hachi - one of my friends on Facebook said her cousin is a commercial pilot and has a flight simulator at home, and he knows of other pilots that have them. I guess the technology isn't that hard to find now, and it's not as expensive as you might think.
Now I want one Smile
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 12:55pm
Dutch Josh, It is pretty well proven now that this airplane was not shot down over water and it did not crash into the sea. It is setting on land somewhere and maybe hidden in a prepared and camouflaged building. FOX News says that there are over 600 landing strips,that this airplane can land on, within its range. Remember that during WW II there were thousands of landing strips built all over the world and most of them have been deserted for years. It is probably in a muslim country and it will be repainted and worked into some muslim countries airliner fleet.. Then it will reappear some day (on a flight plan) over the US or England with one nuke or many conventional bombs and they will destroy something. --- Unless our people can find it first and blow it up and not tell any one and it will remain a "ghost airliner".Johnray1
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 6:30pm
Jacksdad- How neat! The way the news was saying it made it sound otherwise, so it threw me off a bit. I used to play this flight simulation game at Dave and Busters, I sucked at it and basically fell off in the ocean before I could get off the runway. My father was really good at it though.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 10:33pm
I know - wouldn't it be cool to have one Smile
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 6:08pm
Back to China and the Death Star:

US Companies Fret Over China's Economy

Wall Street Journal-10 hours agoShare
BEIJING—China's economic slowdown is adding another concern for U.S. companies already dealing with rising wages, competition for ...
+
Show more
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 6:09pm

China real estate firm at risk of bankruptcy

CNNMoney-14 hours agoShare
China's central bank has denied reports that it was in emergency ... when the government again pledged its intent to reform the economy.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 8:00pm

yup

China is the one to watch

The Chinese Yuan Is Collapsing

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-19/chinese-yuan-collapsing

The Music Just Ended: "Wealthy" Chinese Are Liquidating Offshore Luxury Homes In Scramble For Cash

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-19/music-just-ended-wealthy-chinese-are-liquidating-offshore-luxury-homes-scramble-cash

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 5:49am

Dropping Like Flies: Largest Steel Maker In China's Shanxi Province Defaults On CNY 3 Billion In Debt

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-20/dropping-flies-largest-steel-maker-chinas-shanxi-province-defaults-cny-3-billion-deb

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 7:38pm

A Chinese housing market crash could be even more disastrous ...

Quartz-22 hours agoShare
The decade-long housing boom that's kept China's GDP aloft has so far defied the bubble warnings, which began as far back as 2007. But the ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 11:41pm

China facing fresh 'ghost town' crisis after developer collapse

Sydney Morning Herald-17 Mar 2014Share
The Chinese newspaper Economic Daily News said Xingrun ... lead to a systemic crisis in China, and is the biggest risk China faces in 2014.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 7:08pm
A disaster thanks to China

Marc Faber: Colossal Credit Bubble In China, Unwind 'Will Be a ...

ValueWalk-17 Mar 2014Share
Marc Faber, publisher of the Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, appeared on Bloomberg Television today to discuss the state of the Chinese .
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 7:09pm

Marc Faber Warns China's Credit Crisis Unwind 'Will Be a Disaster'

The Market Oracle-18 Mar 2014
Marc Faber, publisher of the Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, appeared on Bloomberg Television today to discuss the state of the Chinese ...
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 7:46am
http://www.globalresearch.ca/westward-march-of-chinese-dragon-in-eurasia/5374103

The Chinese have finished the construction of a major tunnel that is part of a mountain transport corridor from Turpan to Kurla that is linked to Pakistan. The corridor is part of the extension of the Karakoram Highway that is part of a project to re-integrate the westernmost portion of the People’s Republic of China with the areas of Eurasia to its west.

Beijing has been setting up its own transportation infrastructure and energy pipelines in Eurasia, and the infrastructure being built will be the engine of an economic renaissance that is unfolding. The Chinese now have a presence all around the old Silk Road and the ancient maritime trade routes in the Indian Ocean that sold spices and precious metals.

China has been busy building deep-sea ports, holding bays, railroads, highways, tunnels, and transportation hubs throughout these regions.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 6:36pm

China's Credit Pipeline Slams Shut: Companies Scramble For The Last Drops Of Liquidity

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-26/chinas-credit-pipeline-slams-shut-companies-scramble-last-drops-liquidity

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 8:47pm
China is the #2 economy of the world.

If they sink the world is in trouble.

Its interesting I posted this thread and there are 1000s of views

My point being SARS, H5N1, H7N9 and who knows what other deadly bugs have come from China and hit the world and now the economy is about to hit the world.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 8:53pm
Thousands of views and they are all yours.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 7:32am

hmmm

rats leaving a sinking ship ???

Unprecedented Surge In Chinese Applicants Willing To Buy US Green Cards

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-27/unprecedented-surge-chinese-applicants-willing-buy-us-green-cards

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 5:34pm

Prepare for pop of property bubble

Chinadaily USA-21 hours agoShare
Signs have emerged that the curtain is falling on the decade-long golden period for China's real estate. The average price of newly built homes .
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 7:26pm
China is a train wreck - death star? Absolutely - what a total mess

How China Fooled the World - Monday 31 March 2014

China is now the world's second largest economy and for 30 years it has been growing at an astonishing rate.

That growth has given the world cheap goods and the potential to sell the Chinese massive amounts of raw materials.

For countries like Australia, the China boom has been great news.

But there is a problem. In recent times, the boom has been sustained by an explosion in lending by banks and so-called 'shadow banks'.

If the current scale of lending proves to be unsustainable, could that end the boom and result in China becoming the next country to succumb to the impact of unproductive debt?

This week the BBC's award-winning This World unit goes to China to take a long hard look at the boom, what fuelled it and what would happen if that unproductive debt was called in.

The program clearly lays out how the Chinese leadership responded to the prospect of a global financial crisis and possibility of a world-wide depression.

The response focused on a spending and investment program carried out on a scale never seen before in human history.

Over the past five years, a new skyscraper has been built every five days in China - along with 30 new airports and 42,000 kilometres of freeways.

Interviewing key players including former American Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, former Chairman of the Financial Services Authority Lord Adair Turner and Charlene Chu, a leading Chinese banking analyst, reporter Robert Peston reveals how China's extraordinary spending has left the country with levels of debt that many believe can only result in an economic crash with untold consequences for the world - particularly resource-driven economies like Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2014/03/31/3972864.htm

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 11:39pm
I am wondering if this forum knows how evil China is. They have been working for decades to make sure there are more than them than us.
Now it seems like the the concentration of people combined with the mass of all the real estate development is having an effect on the rotation of the earth. The combined weight of all those Chinese people plus all those empty apartments is causing the earth to 'wobble'.
The Chinese have been aware of this for several years and until recently have thought this would only cause an imbalance in the west.

www.thescarytruth.com

Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 11:56pm
"Evidence shows that China deliberately triggered yesterday's 8.2 earthquake off coast of South America"

www.saynotochina.com
guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 12:15am
I think all of us are at risk and a lot of the climate change can be blamed on China.

Because they have so many people and so many new buildings, the orbit of the earth has changed to compensate for the thousands of lbs that have been added to that part of the world. I just makes sense that if they are getting too heavy in China that the whole world will wobble.
Rational View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 12:21am
All of this is ridiculous!

If you think all the world's problems are the fault of China you are an idiot.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 12:43am
Hi Rational (and you are one of the few that are here)

I couldn't agree more.

I think it is shocking how racist this forum can be.
I have seen the Chinese referred to as Chinks, Chooks and solely responsible for all that is evil on this forum. Muslims are also being maligned. No one steps up to self correct members. It's sad.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 2:13am
Global reality is very complex, blaming one group (Muslims, China, people with red hair) is much to simple. Having a debt-based world economy with fraudulent deposits as bases for debts (derivats, LIBOR-interest fraud, even precious metal-prices seem to be manipulated. The basis of the economy with a "free" market in wich the one with the most money can set the prices is asking for problems !)
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 5:52am
I can see how some of us may apear xenophobic.  However the majority are not. 

Please do not judge us all from one or two nutters.  Upon which subject, even they have some interesting points to make.  The whole purpose of this forum is to share information and they can still provide some usefull data.  It is up to the reader to sift out the rubbish.   

May I  respectfully point out that the latest and most extreme xenophobic rant was from someone in the guest group? 

Finally, I actually ended up joining this forum because I liked several members, and in addition to appreciating the speedy news I was driven to help out with a system from which I benefited .  If you look at us from a different angle, you might like what you see.  Generally we are a caring lot, that is why we do it. 
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
lebaland View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lebaland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 7:29am
I wonder if the suppliers of raw materials to Cina are covered for their exports by Letters of credit, Government guarantees etc? Could cause extreem lossses for the suppliers.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 8:23am
@Lebaland, good point. The Netherlands is supporting trade by guaranteeing payment from abroud to some countries. On the other side, China is mainly growing due to export (worldwide) and for China it is a big problem if a currency is losing value. 

@Technophobe, I would like this site to be global. Of course it is nice that people from the US, UK, New Zealand, Australia, France and I believe also sometimes Germany react. English is an international language. But reactions from the Arab world, China, India and Russia are also very welcome ! (That might also improve the translations; google translate sometimes is unreadable !)
~Albert Einstein
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

All of this is ridiculous!

If you think all the world's problems are the fault of China you are an idiot.

China is the number 2 economy in the world and they are corrupt and about to crash.

That will make the GFC look like kindergarten when it crashes and trigger a depression.

Also the diseases - SARS, Flu such as H5N1 and H7N9 are death dealing bugs about to hit humanity.

Death Star indeed.

kilt Star indeed! View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilt Star indeed! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 10:27pm

Kilt Star indeed!

Biggest threats today, are as they have always been,
Ignorance, intolerance and a limited world view. Often, but not always, that goes hand in hand with bigotry and small minded unwillingness to consider or respect differing points of view.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 6:18pm
keep taking the tablets
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 7:41pm

China's property bubble 'FINALLY AT BURSTING POINT'

Malaysia Chronicle-2 hours agoShare
BEIJING - Businessman Allen Zhao has been waiting since the middle of last year for prices in the scenic southern city of Hangzhou to rise high ...

How big is China's building bubble, again?

MacroBusiness (blog)-7 Apr 2014Share
From BNP Paribas via FTAlphaville, comes more on why China'ssuper high rate of investment is something of a problem. We all know by now ...

Robert Shiller takes a thermometer to Chinese housing

Business Spectator-6 Apr 2014
So what does Shiller think of China's emerging asset bubble, which is causing a lot of anxiety for investors? He was in China last week and ..
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 10:02am
China's continuing contribution to global viral diseases:

A virus never before seen in the US has killed millions of baby pigs in less than a year, and with little known about how it spreads or how to stop it, it's threatening pork production and pushing up prices by 10% or more.

Estimates vary, but one economist believes case data indicate more than 6m piglets in 27 states have died since porcine epidemic diarrhea showed up in the US last May. A more conservative estimate from the US Department of Agriculture shows the nation's pig herd has shrunk at least 3% to about 63m pigs since the disease appeared.

Scientists think the virus, which does not infect humans or other animals, came from China, but they don't know how it got into the country. The federal government is looking into how such viruses might spread, while the pork industry, wary of future outbreaks, has committed $1.7m to research the disease.

CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:56pm
 well spotted Doc Smile

think this pig virus is one to watch should have its own  thread 
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:59pm
Hog virus in Japan pushes pork price Published: 7 Apr 2014 at 15.22Online news: TOKYO - The most deadly outbreak of a hog virus in 18 years in Japan is raising pork prices and may boost imports by the... 

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/403855/japan-looks-to-pork-meat-imports-as-hog-virus-hits-producers. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 7:10pm
I own a restraunt,Arties Tenderloin!! Prices our up 33% and going up daily
WHAT TO DO????
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

well spotted Doc Smile

think this pig virus is one to watch should have its own  thread 

For all we know, this MIGHT be economic biowarfare! 

I've studied agricultural bioterrorism at a high level, this is the type of thing we watch for.  How did a Chinese virus become disseminated in US swine herds?  

We don't import Chinese swine or other porcine products (semen etc.) that I am aware of.   

I'm sorry, I just don't trust Commies.  We have enough problems with this Putin jerk.  
CRS, DrPH
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 8:28pm
Here is the good news...as you pass 60 my family has found they eat less and less meat. I do chicken more than beef or pork. My son has never eaten much meat and don't know how he is 6'2".

We could all eat less meat, and we could all do one vegi only per week to reduce meat costs. Do an all vegi pizza or a vegi lasagna.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 5:14am
I'm no veggie and love my meat but here is a trick for the "forced to reduce meat consumption" set

If you mix equal quantities of celerey, parsnip, carrot onion and mushroom then add some yeast extract after cooking they taste surprisingly beefy.  The carnivores among you will not want to swap beef for this but if you cook it WITH beef you only need about 1/2 the amount of beef for whatever recipe you are using.  Saves money and arteries!

I have yet to work out a chicken equivalent, and I do not eat pork but I am an experimental cook and will let you alll know if I crack the other recipes.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 6:13am

death star at ramming speedTongue

China Property Collapse Has Begun

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2014/04/13/china-property-collapse-has-begun/?partner=yahootix

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

death star at ramming speedTongue

China Property Collapse Has Begun

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2014/04/13/china-property-collapse-has-begun/?partner=yahootix

Damn, you just beat me!!  Clap

China is at the point where problems are feeding on themselves.  Pessimism about property, which accounts for about 15% of China’s gross domestic product, is beginning to affect the broader economy.  Declining property values look scary, despite cheery statements from government officials who assure us the property bubble is “not big” or analysts who say that the problems are not “systemic.”  

But the Chinese don’t look like they are buying either of those views.  “If this continues, it will have immense impact on the whole Chinese economy,” says an unidentified Hangzhou real estate salesman on Economic 30 Minutes.  “Without question, everyone thinks there is a bubble.” 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2014/04/13/china-property-collapse-has-begun/

CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 8:25pm
suck on that Saskabush
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 9:51pm
More fun & games from China....if you've read my posts, you know I've complained about Chinese agricultural practices, particularly using the feces of one species as feed for another.  This is an ancient practice in China, and the cause of many of the viral reassortment events that emanate from over there.   For example, poultry litter is routinely fed to swine, which helps pass the influenza viruses back & forth, amplifying the bug through reassortment.  

The USA imports a great deal of aquacultural products from China, particularly shrimp and tilapia.  This should give all of us some pause: 

==============

"A 2009 study conducted by the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture cited some alarming facts about Chinese farm-raised seafood. Researchers noted that “many of China’s farms and food processors are situated in heavily industrialized regions where water, air and soil are contaminated by industrial effluents and vehicle exhaust.” 

The report also stated that it “is common practice to let livestock and poultry roam freely in fields and to spread livestock and poultry waste on fields or use it as fish feed.”

The USDA report was based on documents obtained from the Food and Drug Administration, which oversees seafood inspections.

After the study was released, news organizations, including Bloomberg and MSN.com, reported the rampant use of animal feces as food in Chinese aquaculture – specifically calling out the practice on tilapia farms."

CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 7:41pm
and human crap is also fed to pigs

chicken crap human crap all mixed with pigs - and the Chinese Death Star produces killer viruses for the rest of the world.

Can't trust them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic