Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Rome, Milan Ebola cases suspected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome, Milan Ebola cases suspected
    Posted: April 20 2014 at 6:23pm
Containment breached.  Suspected spread to Tuscany.

http://www.vnews24.it/2014/04/19/ebola-epidemia-italia/

STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF SPREAD--

An outbreak analysis done by a statistical probability expert has come up with terrifying results.  The numbers below are the output of a model based upon the epidemiology of past hemorrhagic fevers in west Africa, with tweaks and adjustments  to accommodate an urban environment, and to extrapolate for certain other anticipated factors.
These posted probabilities are in no way authoritative, and should be considered a "best guess" only.
Probabilities of unchecked infection at this point, based upon a method of travel, times and frequencies of airline flights to various cities, also including certain assumed volumes of "mixed maritime" traffic between north Africa and southern Europe -  the Probability that Ebola will strike is:

63% in Italy within 8 days
44% in Spain within 15 days
77% in Riyadh/Saudi within 21 days
40% in Libya within 25 days
29% in the US within 28 days
37% in Egypt within 33 days

By the time we get to 35 days, it can be in 25 countries on 4 continents.
35 days after that, nearly every place on the globe within 1000 miles of a commercial airport is fair game.

Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 8:48pm
Lets hope that this new strain of Ebola stays confined to West Africa because if Tuscany does have a confirmed case then stopping the spread of the virus will be much harder. 
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 9:41pm
Sorry, but I'm not buying into the hype on this one. If it is a radically new strain then that may be cause for concern, but Ebola has never been considered much of a pandemic threat because it tends to rely on close contact with bodily fluids to transmit between humans. If someone has Ebola and is displaying symptoms, you're unlikely to want to stay in close proximity long enough to catch it. It may have an incredibly high mortality rate, but it doesn't have what it takes to be the proverbial "slate wiper" that we know influenza has the potential to be.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 11:18pm
Ebola is now in 7 African countries. It has an incubation period of up to 21 days for symptoms to appear.

"...the CDC has issued a travel alert to airlines and set up emergency quarantine stations at domestic airports"

"40 illegal alien migrant workers from the outbreak area, who came ashore in Pisa, Italy, are showing signs of Ebola infection and are being isolated in Pisa Italy because of fever and “conjunctivitis” (bloody around the eyes). According to the World Health Organization, this strain of Ebola is entirely new and although it is close to the Zaire strain, it is different, thus accounting for false-negative test results . . . . . for weeks!"

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/report-ebola-suspected-in-europe-broken-through-all-containment-efforts_04202014

Considering the 21 day incubation period and the false negative tests, I believe that this does qualify for a slate wiper. If this gets loose we're all screwed unless we can isolate for really long extended times. Just think of all the hundreds of international flights between Europe and the U.S.

A best guess probability per the link above is that there is a 29% probability that Ebola will strike the U.S. within 28 days.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 4:33am
Just to (hopefully) clarify a point about Ebola here:  There has been much debate about airborne transmission with even a public health oficial saying it was, on one of the links posted on this site recently. 

From what I understand, and I make no claims of special knowledge as anyone of you could track down the same info with ease, it is not airborne UNTIL the lungs start to leak blood and lymph, then it is.  This could mean that false negatives lead to nosocomal infections and continue the spread.  This is a new strain which seems to be harder to diagnose with certanty, that does not help.

As to the posibility of infections in Italy: probably not anything, but still a possibility so worth watching with care.  My eyes are glued to the headlines, the part of Italy in question is full of ex pat British.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 7:58am
The good thing about Ebola is that you are not contagious until you are down. Once you are down there will be a limited number of people around you.
Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 8:12am
I'm also not buying into the hype on this one. I'm definitely going to watch this carefully but I'm a little more concerned on the recent mers spike.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 12:30pm
I agree with Kyle - the latest surge in MERS cases is more worrisome than Ebola. To be a major pandemic candidate, a pathogen has to have a high CAR coupled with a high CFR. That is, it must infect easily and kill large numbers of those infected. While Ebola's CFR of up to 90% is formidable, it just doesn't have the ability to spread efficiently enough to spark a major global outbreak. On the subject of airborne transmission, there's a world of difference between someone sneezing influenza viral particles into the air, and an Ebola victim coughing up blood and lymphatic fluid. We're so used to the symptoms of colds and flu that it almost goes unnoticed, but someone bleeding from their lungs would have everyone around them running for the hills.
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 1:56pm
21 day incubation period scary ,just think where you could go in 21 days .....12 monkeys....

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 2:06pm
But you won't be contagious while you are traveling.
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 3:26pm
Then how is it spreading? ???
WHAT TO DO????
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 4:45pm
It's still an infectious disease - just not in the same league as influenza.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 12:41pm
Symptoms for this Ebola strain include fever, headache, sore throat, sever weakness, vomiting, & severe diarrhea.

The virus can be present on the skin and in sweat prior to other symptoms showing up. It is possible to transmit this virus through skin cells and sweat to someone's eyes which are highly susceptible to infection.

Any contact with mucous membranes, broken skin, vomit, feces, urine, blood, and sweat can spread the disease. (Any bodily fluids)

Because the reuse of needles is common in West Africa, this can cause the spread of Ebola. It is also customary for family members to wash their dead prior to burial and this can be a main transmission route.

It doesn't sound like we are in danger from this disease and there is no reason to panic. You are most likely to catch this from close personal contact. I still wouldn't want to sit next to an infected person on an airplane. They can keep their germs to themselves!
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 2:38pm
Hi, there are one or two things about the current outbreak of haemorrhagic fever in Africa that are worth paying attention to.

The first is that it is a new strain. While it appears to be very close to the Zaire strain, its not exact. This means it has been systematically missed in current clinical tests for ebola and has produced a negative result. This has already happened on multiple occasions and has even led to patients being told to go home or being misdiagnosed with something else like Lassa fever as a result.

The second is that it does not present clinically like Zaire or Sudan strains. The west African strain presents with little bleeding from the patient in most cases. The most reported feature is severe conjunctivitis when bleeding is mentioned, again, this is causing a lot of misdiagnosis.

Have a look at the case reported in Canada a few weeks back. The Canadian authorities confirmed someone with a haemorrhagic fever, who had arrived via aircraft from west Africa, was being treated, but said it was not Ebola. This was before it was known there was a new strain, and it illustrates the two above points perfectly.

The third problem and probably the most scary is that local people is the affected areas are avoiding treatment centres and even attacking them as they don't believe anyone who goes to one comes back. In addition to this, as soon as someone mentions the word quarantine the local people have a habit of disappearing, often reappearing over a border with another country to avoid any kind of captivity. People are people and as much as we hope our first world societies will hold together in the event of an outbreak of this horror, somehow I think the old rule of every man for himself will always come into play.

You are right to say MERS and Flu are something to be concerned about, mers especially with the worrying new trend its exhibiting, but I wouldn't write this new strain of ebola off too early as it seems to be able to persist outside the body for some time on surfaces in the environment making one of its transmission modes via the eyes and fingers. In this regard its just like the Flu and that is what is making its spread so dramatic in big cities.

I would urge you to look up the patent zero and subsequent progression for this Ebola strain, it starts last December with a 2 year old girl. The next patients are what you would expect, Mother, grandmother, aunt but number 5 is a nurse, and number 6 was a midwife. The 6th one is where it got scary, we know she infected 6 more at least. 6 for 6, and no survivors and this disease is infectious after 3 days and can remain without presenting any symptoms at all for up to 21 days after you become infectious.

I have that horrible feelings its going to surprise us all.

Utwig

Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 3:46pm
Notice today under the new health minister in Saudi Arabia there were no cases to report today.... What a mess!
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 5:52pm
Here's an audio press briefing from April 8th.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/multimedia/ebola_briefing/en/

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

Notice today under the new health minister in Saudi Arabia there were no cases to report today.... What a mess!

The new guy has a bright future ahead of hm. The other health minister probably got booted because he had the audacity to allow reporting of infections and deaths. What was he thinking...?
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

Is it time to start a "Saudi Arabia Death Star" yet?  Dead
CRS, DrPH
Saskabush View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saskabush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 8:17pm
Overdue I would say!!!
It really sucks when bad news from another part of the world messes with a perfectly good conspiracy theory, doesn't it Kilter? Or maybe I should say 'OffKilter'?
It appears all bad things don't originate in China...
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 5:49am
Yeah my comments a few months back about airborne came from a study which found monkeys getting sick when in isolated cages but in the same room. It floored the scientists.  (i think it was monkeys.. may have been pigs?? can't recall) This was a new strain..

WHO have has a press conference, which means its serious.. 
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 6:10am
sorry meant to say "Who have had"
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 6:33am
just did some research on Ebola and this out break is scary!!!!!

Some of the older forum users understand the signs of pandemic and have a good gauge on what to look for. This Ebola outbreak is currently meeting one of the precursors. "Remote location clustering".  We need to keep an eye on this. If we see a cluster in a "first world" country soon then its time to get serious.

The next thing which i don't have a handle on yet is the reproduction number. If it has the ability to reproduce while counter measures are being executed then its meeting another precursor. I still think it maybe far from this.. As other have said Ebola is mainly contagious at later stage when people are obviously sick. The third world ain't to crash hot on hygiene, so this plays a big factor.

I think the other thing with Ebola is there aren't super spreaders such as what happened with Typhoid Mary. 

The jury is still out for me, however there is the clusters to keep an eye on.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 6:39am
Cobber, It was macaque monkeys housed above infected pigs. The transmission was very complete (all monkeys died) but did not occur (probably*) until the pigs were in the late stages of the disease.

*I say probably because the study had several flaws in the methods used.  These led to "fuzzy" conclusions.  It DEFINITELY showed airborne transmission, but the time of transmission was the only guide to the triggering of airborne transmission coming from the later stages of the disease.   
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 6:48am
If you are interested Cobber here is the link to the science journal publication of the pig/monkey study.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ebola-may-go-airborne 

I do not have a subscripiton to the journal so my info is limited.  It may be obsolete too as this is a new strain.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 9:58am
I'm not buying the "40 migrant workers" story. How did they get from Guinea to Pisa Italy? It's 2600 miles by air!
Buy more ammo!
BOB C. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOB C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Suzi Suzi wrote:

The good thing about Ebola is that you are not contagious until you are down. Once you are down there will be a limited number of people around you.

Yes, you are correct when viewing the strains that we are aware of, but this one is different.  That is why it has spread, and broken through containment several times.  We can't assume just by the old standards, that is extremely dangerous to you and to everyone around you.  I think it's amazing how we have all this talk about dengue cases and Chikunganya cases as well.  Don't they have similar symptoms?  These could be their way of covering up the spread of Ebola and MERS.  My 2 cents.
BOB C. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOB C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by arirish arirish wrote:

I'm not buying the "40 migrant workers" story. How did they get from Guinea to Pisa Italy? It's 2600 miles by air!

Travel to Morocco, then jump on a boat, which is happening daily.  
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 10:38am

Hi Cobber,

The incident you are refereeing to is the Ebola Reston outbreak in the Reston primate holding facility in the US. You are right the strain was airborne and was proven to be spread via the air conditioning system to all wings in the facility.

There is a book available on amazon called 'The hot zone', this is all about the Reston outbreak and is worth reading.

There is no need to be worried though, the Reston strain does not affect humans, only monkeys and its in a different viral 'clade' (family group) than the strains in Africa which means the chance of the African strains developing that ability is very small. Im not saying its impossible, but its in the range of probability that has no effect on my ability to sleep at night.

Utwig
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 10:46am

Hi arirish,

In Europe we have a problem I don't think you guys in the states see very often. ITs very common here in the UK to have desperate people in Africa hide in the wheel wells of aircraft before they take off. Usually, the unfortunate individual freezes solid after dying from lack of oxygen and falls from the aircraft wheel well when it comes into land.

ITs very common for people living in the flight path for Heathrow airport to discover dead bodies in their gardens, or shattered defrosted bits of them all over a road.

Its shocking I know, but its more common than you may think and happens at almost all European airports. It's provides an easy route for a virus to travel 2700 miles without a paying ticket.

I am so happy I don't live near Heathrow anymore.

Utwig.
BOB C. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOB C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Utwig Utwig wrote:

Hi arirish,

In Europe we have a problem I don't think you guys in the states see very often. ITs very common here in the UK to have desperate people in Africa hide in the wheel wells of aircraft before they take off. Usually, the unfortunate individual freezes solid after dying from lack of oxygen and falls from the aircraft wheel well when it comes into land.

ITs very common for people living in the flight path for Heathrow airport to discover dead bodies in their gardens, or shattered defrosted bits of them all over a road.

Its shocking I know, but its more common than you may think and happens at almost all European airports. It's provides an easy route for a virus to travel 2700 miles without a paying ticket.

I am so happy I don't live near Heathrow anymore.

Utwig.
Didn't that just happen yesterday with a flight from California to Hawaii?
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 11:47am
Hey Utwig,
The UK is a long way from the Aquari Constellation! I didn't say it's not possible! I'm just with Jacksdad on this one. I'm not buying it. Are people really finding dead bodies in their gardens? Holy Cr
Buy more ammo!
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 12:16pm

Hi arirish

Yeah, its unbelievable I know but it happens every couple of months or so.

I can also understand why MERS and The various lethal strains of Flu are higher in peoples minds as a threat. I have been following the outbreak pretty much from the start and it has some very disturbing aspects that have my own threat warning returning a pretty big blip with this Ebola.

If you look back in the MSM news, you will see there was a suspected case in Canada, a couple in Nigeria and in some other African countries as well. In all of these incidents, the authorities admitted a haemorrhagic fever was involved, but it was put down to something else, like Lassa fever.

All of these cases happened before it was realised a new strain of Ebola was responsible and that the current field kits to detect Ebov do not detect the new strain.

My own belief if that this strain has already made multiple crossings into Europe and its only blind luck that has stopped a major spread. The problem is it can incubate for 21 days with no symptoms and be infections for 18 of those days. In 5 months it has gained a momentum of about 10 casualties per day, both MERS and H7N9 have yet to reach that level, though granted MERS is certainly moving in that direction we just don't know if its seasonal variation or not.

I hope you and Jacksdad are right, I really do, but Im going to continue watching this as I think we will only have to wait a week to a month to know the true extent of what is going on.

Utwig.
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 12:20pm

Hi Bob,

Yes, there was a case recently, and the guy actually survived it. He was found wandering around inside the airport facility completely disorientated due to the effects of lack of oxygen.

Im not sure if it was Hawaii where it happened, but I do remember thinking to myself if he managed to get himself shot by airport security, there would be a lot of blood and no one would know if he was a carrier for a disease or not.

Utwig
Utwig View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 12:26pm

Haha, I must be slow today, yes, it is far away, but luckily I found an old Ur-Quan dread and salvaged an engine....

:)

Utwig
Newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 2:41pm
Has anyone heard test results? Have these cases test results been announced positive or negative or... No word yet? I can't seem to find anything on line.... Between mers & Ebola - a lot of places are getting scratched off my 'want to see/explore' list!!!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Newbie Newbie wrote:

.... Between mers & Ebola - a lot of places are getting scratched off my 'want to see/explore' list!!!

And don't forget China during flu season every year....

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 7:06am
Actually, considering the finger pointing that takes place on AFT concerning the actions of countries like China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc, it might not be such a good idea for some of us to visit and realistically expect to come back. Albert should definitely avoid China as I'm sure they're gunning for him
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 7:13am
Read my new thread Ebola Airborne. This argument that Ebola is not a threat as a Pandemic is weak and there is proof it can be airborne. One case and a projection is not as strong as a single shred of evidence of a currently airborne from of Ebola.
Medclinician - not if but when - original
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 8:42am
Large, short lived droplets do not cause pandemics. Stand five feet away from the guy bleeding from his eyes when he coughs and you'll be fine. Give him a hug and you deserve what you get.

cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 9:05am
Hi Utwig, awesome comment about monkey strain. This may have been the article i read with out reading the detail. However that being said. I seem to recall it specifically said something like the possibility of airborne Ebola outbreak in humans. 

It could have been from one of those alarmist type websites.

The original reason why i went searching for airborne was because a reporter on the news asked about the possibility of airborne strain. This is what initially got me searching. I cant for the life of me find the reference..    

Truth be known. I don't think Ebola is a problem so I'm not overly stressing this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic