Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Never seen it this bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never seen it this bad
    Posted: May 16 2014 at 6:01pm
We live about 40 miles away the fires in San Diego. The smoke is so thick we can't see the mountains any more and it burns your eyes and nose. We just heard that ashes are falling in Murrieta ca. they are about 15 or 20 miles from the fire.I've lived here 20 years and never seen it bad.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 6:08pm
Yep, more of my friends had to evacuate as well. I'm in Western Riverside county, and we keep getting outages,  not sure if the fire is the cause? I could vaguely smell the smoke today as well. Also the Box Spring Mountains were on fire as well. The news said only one city in the OC has healthy air.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:28pm
I wonder if the police are correct and some really crazy person started some of these fires. They need to lock him/her up and throw the key away. I feel so sorry for people who lose everything...just so sad!

Then there is the smoke thing we had that last couple of years just bad!

Keep us up on how all of you CA people are doing.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:34pm
From my hometown news discussing the fires down here in Southern CA:

‘Unprecedented’ Wildfires in SoCal; First Arson Charge Filed

http://fox40.com/2014/05/16/unprecedented-wildfires-in-socal-first-arson-charge-filed/

As for me, I'm doing good, but my friend had to go to the hospital from inhaling too much smoke and triggering a bad asthma attack that her inhaler didn't help much. I think she is doing better now. My other friend had 5 nosebleeds in two days. :/
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:38pm
Like I said CRAZY PEOPLE! Lock them away forever!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 7:59pm
They need to charge the "teens". they knew what they were doing.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:55am
Some good news at last Big smile

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:57am
Originally posted by hachiban08 hachiban08 wrote:

They need to charge the "teens". they knew what they were doing.

I totally agree. Setting a fire in those conditions should be considered attempted murder. Even if the lives of residents didn't matter to them, first responders would have willingly put themselves in harm's way because of these idiots.
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:20pm
I came to the conclusion several years ago that most of these fires in California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas were caused by someone on purpose. I've lived in Colorado since 1972 and we never had fires out here. What are the chances that all these fires in all these states weren't man made? ZERO

I also read somewhere that Al Qaeda has put out orders to their operatives in the U.S. to "burn America down". I think our government already knows that these fires are being set on purpose.

The number of fires in the western states is unprecedented.

They should put license plate readers on the major roads in and out of heavily wooded areas. If they developed a data base, I'm sure they could quickly find out who is doing this.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:55pm
I agree with you Elver, Colorado never had this many fires. Didn't the gal who started the Hayman fire get out of jail already?

I bet they already have license plate readers all over we just don't know it yet!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:13pm
Never heard of a license plate reader, so I had to google that. lol

Jacksdad, I think if they figure out who the other arsonist(s) was/were, they will get a murder charge, because a transient died in the fire.
Turboguy! View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Elver Elver wrote:

I came to the conclusion several years ago that most of these fires in California, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas were caused by someone on purpose. I've lived in Colorado since 1972 and we never had fires out here. What are the chances that all these fires in all these states weren't man made? ZERO

I also read somewhere that Al Qaeda has put out orders to their operatives in the U.S. to "burn America down". I think our government already knows that these fires are being set on purpose.

They should put license plate readers on the major roads in and out of heavily wooded areas. If they developed a data base, I'm sure they could quickly find out who is doing this.

Wait, what? License plate readers and a database of people's movement? Are you serious or screwing around?

What comes after that? Just say screw it and put a GPS transmitter on everyone's car?

Yeah, there's no way that might get used improperly.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:30pm
Elver
'I read somewhere' and 'I came to the conclusion' ....
Neither statement inspires even one tiny bit of confidence in your 'theory'

Is this based on anything other than wild conjecture?
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 11:16pm
I always believed that thunderstorms, lightning, were a main reason for bush-fires. The "fire-triangle"; fuel-temperature-oxygen. The dryer trees get the more likely they can start burning. I have heard that a piece of glass, working as a magnifying glass, could do that job. But also smoking in the woods is asking for problems. 
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 11:21pm
Josh - the way the fires were popping up miles apart and within minutes of each other in some cases left a lot of us in the San Diego area doubting it was natural causes. We had cloudless skies, so no lightning. The other trigger event is power lines coming down and sparking fires, but I haven't heard about that happening either. I'm convinced we had a bunch of arsonists intent on outdoing each other.
LOOPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:03am

Wild conjecture and unsubstantiated speculation from a big brother supporter I see trying to frighten the weak minded.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:02am
They have license plate readers at all the toll booths here in Oklahoma. If you don't pay your toll the State sends you a warning in the mail to your home address, stating you will receive a fine if you continue to not pay the toll. The only reason I know this was cause I got a statement from the State in the mail and when I opened it, my ex-husband had apparently gone through the 6 times without paying. He says he paid that it just didn't register, which it has done that a few times on me too. The toll booth also has a number to call if your green light doesn't come on and now I actually sit there and call the number and they tell me to go on through. Slows traffic, just kind of dumb if you ask me.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 1:12pm
It is not wild conjecture that these fires are man made. If any of you doubters had the slightest degree of common sense you would realize that most of these fires are man made. The scope of forest fires over the past several years is unprecedented. It has since been discovered that many of the fires in Colorado and California were man made.

"Al Qaeda magazine encourages forest fire arson in the US"
"A magazine published by members of al Qaeda has called for Western Muslims to wage war within the United States, urging them to engage in lone wolf attacks, including setting forest fires."
http://wildfiretoday.com/2012/05/02/al-qaeda-magazine-encourages-forest-fire-arson-in-the-us/

"Al-Qaeda blamed for Europe-wide forest fires"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/9585098/Al-Qaeda-blamed-for-Europe-wide-forest-fires.html

Watch the video.
http://www.cbn.com/tv/1620149086001

Now do you still believe that I'm a big brother supporter and that this is simply "wild conjecture"?
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 2:13pm
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

They have license plate readers at all the toll booths here in Oklahoma. If you don't pay your toll the State sends you a warning in the mail to your home address, stating you will receive a fine if you continue to not pay the toll. The only reason I know this was cause I got a statement from the State in the mail and when I opened it, my ex-husband had apparently gone through the 6 times without paying. He says he paid that it just didn't register, which it has done that a few times on me too. The toll booth also has a number to call if your green light doesn't come on and now I actually sit there and call the number and they tell me to go on through. Slows traffic, just kind of dumb if you ask me.

Former denizen of Broken Arrow, OK here!  I left before they built the turnpike around Tulsa, and the long OK turnpikes worked OK since they had humans.  

Nice to meet another Okie!  Clap
CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 2:29pm

It is not wild conjecture that these fires are man made. If any of you doubters had the slightest degree of common sense you would realize that most of these fires are man made. The scope of forest fires over the past several years is unprecedented. It has since been discovered that many of the fires in Colorado and California were man made.

"Al Qaeda magazine encourages forest fire arson in the US"
"A magazine published by members of al Qaeda has called for Western Muslims to wage war within the United States, urging them to engage in lone wolf attacks, including setting forest fires."
http://wildfiretoday.com/2012/05/02/al-qaeda-magazine-encourages-forest-fire-arson-in-the-us/

"Al-Qaeda blamed for Europe-wide forest fires"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/9585098/Al-Qaeda-blamed-for-Europe-wide-forest-fires.html

Watch the video.
http://www.cbn.com/tv/1620149086001

Now do you still believe that I'm a big brother supporter and that this is simply "wild conjecture"?

Absolutely.  The Al Qaeda-inspired magazine "Inspire" talked about this stuff, and it is very believable.   I also wouldn't discount mischief caused by Russia or PRC.  

Equally believable is just stupid kids or idiot green-horn campers torching these fires deliberately or accidentally.  When these conifer forests are dry, they literally explode.   The oil-rich jojoba undergrowth adds to the mix in California. 

The "Smokey the Bear=fight forest fires at all costs" mentality of the US Forest Service is catching up to us.  Forests need to burn periodically in order to thin out invasive trees & plants and clear out the undergrowth, and the ashes recycle valuable minerals into the soil.  Nature's plan.  

Unfortunately, all sorts of yuppies decided they wanted to build their castles in the woods, so that changed the focus of forest management.  

If you build in or even near a forest, you should be prepared to lose your house every 50 to 100 years, just like folks who build on flood plains should expect to get wiped out every 50 to 100 years.  

Just sayin'. 
CRS, DrPH
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 10:14pm
It isn't known exactly who is causing these fires, but it is widely known that most of them are not caused by lightning.

The large neighborhood that burned in Colorado Springs 2 years ago was not in the woods, but it was close to the foothill mountains at the edge of town.

Unless our government finds out who is doing this and stops them, then we are in for double or triple home insurance rates in the future.

I am against big brother spying on us, but I'm also against raging forest fires that encroach on our cities and towns as happened on the west side of Colorado Springs. (I'm not talking about the black forest fire of last year.)

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/C4BFD30DCD6344E397650B189686F96E.ashx

If you look at the graph on page 15, you'll notice that most fires occur from 9 AM to 9 PM, but largely between noon and 6 PM. Hardly any fires occur from midnight to 9 AM because people are sleeping. Gee, one could conclude that people are the cause of most fires either deliberately or accidentally.

If you go on to page 16, it says that the largest percentage of fires were caused by intentional means.

"The leading causes of, or contributing factors to, all reported brush, grass and forest fires were: intentional (20%); hot embers or ashes (16%); outside fires for debris or waste disposal (14%); high wind (14%); smoking materials (11%); playing with heat source (5%); fireworks (4%);"...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic