Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

You Know your a prepper when

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 2:08pm
You know you're a prepper when the Walmart register clerk greets you by name and calls for extra help to bag your order! (& you haven't unloaded it onto the belt yet.)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 3:29am

Femvet,

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost my baby to feline leukimia about 6 years ago. The only up side to this is you know to love him as much as you can now, whereas you don't get that with accidents. Just enjoy what time you have left with him. It is now a gift. Jo

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:57am
Jo, thanks for the kind words. Zeke and his brother, Yoda, were bottle-fed by me since they were 4 days old and now they're both sick. At least Yoda still has several years, God willing. They have had a very good life, both were able to go outside during the day and they'd come home just like dogs at night. They've always been healthy (until now) and no serious injuries. I know in my heart that I've done right by them, but it's still so hard. The vet said that FIP is very fast acting, at best he has two months, could be as little as 2 to 3 weeks. He is just the best boy and has been such a good leader to the rest. It just brakes my heart, he's only 13. Sorry to be taking up your time, I just neede to vent. OK, crying now.
marks6555 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks6555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 7:23pm
this topic needs to be a sticky! love it! LMAO
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro. -HST
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 6:36pm
You know your a prepper when you read this list not for a laugh but to find new ideas .

You use getting a flu as a dry run and get out of your sick bed dizzy to write in your list to buy more tylonel

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by wrote:

that's bad Muskrat!!!! Leave the drywall alone!!!

Now your say that.   
AuntBones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 8:05am
You know your a prepper when you climb all your local grocery store shelves like a little monkey, looking for that one can with the new experation date.Krogers has flour on sale, your so excited you can't sleep the night before. Johnson&Johnson calls you, asking when is the best time to deliver your semi load of band-aids.The employees at Sam's Club call you by your first name.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Deanna Deanna wrote:

You know your a prepper when you read this list not for a laugh but to find new ideas .     

LOL  And, 99% of the time I've been there - done thatWink
72 ft jesus View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 ft jesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 8:37am
You know your a prepper when you stock up on canned food.
Deja vu again....
MissNutty View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissNutty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 5:33pm
You know you're a prepper if ...

Your sweetheart asks you where you want to go for a date and you reply "Sam's Club".
Work hard, laugh much, live long.
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 6:21pm
 LOL. MISS NUTTY  I LOVE  IT,  roxy
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 6:34pm
YOU KNOW YOUR A PREPPER when....

.....every time you go shopping you come home with water and bleach with your groceries.

.....you planted fruits and/or veggies and have no lawn left.

....you don't want a vacation but instead the best water purification system.

.....you beg your kids for their car tires so you can plant 100lbs of potatoes in five tires. (and it cost more for the dirt and straw than the potatoes would.)

....your kids buy you a green house for Easter and you make them spend the day assembling it.

....you can't wait for one more kid to move out so you can use their bedroom for prep space.

.....for Christmas you put hand santizer in their christmas stockings and No-rad.

.....your kids want to start a support group for you.

.....the power goes out, every fleas to your house.

....you jump for joy in Walmart when you find a solar-powered camp light, and you buy three!

~written by Trisha, Roxy's daughter......sorry I couldn't resist.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 11:47pm
Smile
You know you're a prepper when you're thinking about giving out little bags of rice instead of candy at Halloween.
Gexydaf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gexydaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 6:48pm
You know you are a prepper when you go on vacation and still buy a few cans of soup while out of town because they are such a good deal and you never know.

(my husband was not amused) LOL
BobFMB View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobFMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 3:40am

You know you're a prepper when your fish tank looks like a source of food and water.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 9:26am
Just make sure you have plenty of blood pressure meds to counteract the salt in the country hams!!Dead

We got one last year for Christmas and soaked it for 48 hours.  It was still unbelievably salty.  I am still stocking up on them because flavoring in beans (black, navy, pinto, small red, large red, blackeye peas, split peas, yellow peas, lets see what else do I have!!??LOL) will be good.  I have heard of food exhaustion over eating the same thing for days and weeks and people get sick of it and quit eating. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 9:29am
You know you are a prepper when you have 10 5 pound bags of flour in the freezer to kill bug larvae.

You know you are a prepper when your freezer is empty but your shelves, closets, spare rooms, under your bed.... is full of various and sundry canned foods.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 1:39pm
you know your a prepper when..........

AFT is the first place you visit everyday...even before your e-mails and the #1 bookmark in your saved places!!!!!LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 2:30pm
My mom's mom lived through WWII (UK) with a large family and always a very full pantry, (12 bags of sugar was normal) ultimate boost yesterday when mom said to me "Your nan would be proud of you".

There are so many of these I relate to,
You know you're a prepper when...

You've more salt stashed than the store has on it's shelves - and you never use it in cooking.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 7:12pm
You know you're a prepper when you call Harris Teeter and special order 100 calls on whole canned chickens.  I didn't have the heart to tell him it was for me, so told him it was for a family reunion!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 5:06pm
You know you're a prepper when you won't allow your husband to throw out the sand from the kid's sandboxes for winterizing because you think you might be able to use it for a "potatoe cooler" or for a last ditch water filter.
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 6:49pm
 Hi for Abbie&Mattie, do you have the phone number or website for the whole cans of chicken?  I would like to order some.  Thanks 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 7:24pm
MississippMama:  Sure.... I went and got a can.  OK... I'll put everything off the can because I don't know what your particular store will need to get it for you.  Again, I special ordered it through Harris Teeter (at no extra charge.)  From the kitchens of "Sweet Sue" and it's titled, "Canned Whole Chicken without Gilblets"  FULLY COOKED, Net weight is 50 oz. or 3 lbs. 2 oz. Manufactured by Sara Lee Foods, Questions call 1-800-633-3294.  Call that number and they can tell you who a supplier is in your area or who can special order for you in your area. 

We ordered 100 cans.  They come 6 cans to a case if you're ordering them by the case.  They have been great, and when we went to the beach this summer we took 2 cans and some rice and made chicken and rice two nights in our hotel room (it had a kitchen.)  You can add anything to it or just eat it straight out of the can.  There is enough broth off of it that you can really make two meals out of it, by saving some of the brothe and putting it over pasta the next night as a flavoring.  We've done that just to experiment with them and it was great.  :-)
JonMccr View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonMccr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 7:34pm
MississippMama:  I just ordered 6 cans of the whole chickens from Amazon.com for $35.00 plus shipping.  I will put the link in here  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002QEYYK/nextag-gourmet-20/ref=nosim  but if it doesn't work just search for Sweet Sue on Amazon and is should come up.  Good luck.
Jon
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 7:55pm
Try the grocery store first, special order, it's cheaper.... I think I paid 3.66 a can at the store and didn't have to pay a shipping.  But JonMccr, that's good to know that you can order off of Amazon, I have a friend that would want to know that to order as he's "very remote."
Thanks!!
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 12:06pm
You know you're a prepper when you refuse to throw out any of your boxes because you know you can stash preps in them and hide them in the attic if the bad guys come.
b4giving
Grandma View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 4:39pm

You know you are a prepper when after you finish organizing your preps you pat yourself on the back and state outloud:  "There, I am all done.  I feel great - I do not need anything else."  Then go to Target to buy a gift for a grandchild and fill your car with vegetable cans because they have such a  great  expiration date!

Grandma View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 4:54pm
Thanks 4abbie&maddie and JonMccr!!  That's fantastic!  I just ordered the cans of whole chicken from Amazon because my time is really restricted.  I also noticed they had chicken and dumplings from the same brand, but I could not go any further, my purse is flat.

So..., here it goes, again:  you know you are a prepper when you get excited because somebody mentions whole chickens in a can!

Grandma
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2006 at 6:06pm
Grandma: They sell that brand of chicken and dumplings at Dollar General and Big Lots, among other places, so you'll be able to get the dumplings and chicken a lot easier than the whole chickens.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 8:23pm
You know you're a prepper when you find yourself picking apart the "cool" crafts your kids made but no longer care about and storing the pieces for when we're sheltering.
Also know you're a prepper when you spend five hours online scoping out seed sales but don't have the faintest idea how to plant a garden!

(This thread has so many good ideas and funnies in it, thought the newbies would get a real kick out of it.... I read it aloud to my husband tonight and he laughed and said, "Well, you've not done THAT yet" and "Don't get any ideas!" to some of the funnies!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:27pm
You Know your a prepper when you buy a dairy goat for fresh milk and cheese and yougurt and butter...     yes Im guilty of it.
Dijoy View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 1:59pm
You write everything down that you use up so you can be sure to get the right amount to last you
Diane
Diane
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 6:31pm
you know your a prepper when you buy 8 x 32 oz bottles of 90% isopropyl alcohol and the clerk says.."do you know something that I don't" and you say ' yep'
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 3:56pm
Whatcha gonna do with all that isopropyl alcohol?

What is isopropyl

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 6:16pm
put it on a rag and it kills bacteria and viruses.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic