Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Anaphylactic shock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enumclaw,WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anaphylactic shock
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:13am
Thought I would throw this out there. Whats the oppinion of OTC meds to keep on hand in case someone has a violent allergic reation to something? With all the herbal remedies that people are stocking up on it might behoove us to have something around to counter act this problem. Any Ideas? Benadryl?
RB
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 4:36pm

I have to carry a epi pin for severe food allergies...but the best thing for me to take...but remeber this does not take away the shock...I carry childrens Benadrly with anti histamin...I am not a large person and I find adult stuff to strong and get liquid form if you have ever been in Anaphylactic shock and on your own...liquid is the best thing to get down you before the comvulsions start..and pills are hard to swallow when your throat is closing tight on you...and always keep the bottle within arms reach...

try to prep around the persons allergies..all of my food except spagetti sauce and that is for the kids..is totally free of any onions,peppers or mushrooms...I know pretty bland diet..

Now with the epi pin the expire and even if you do not use it you have to expell the injection and get a new one....

I hope this has helped if you need anything else fell free to pm me..I have alot of experence with shock...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 4:39pm
The twinject has a double dose system..2 for the price of one.
virusil View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 4:51pm
epinephrine must be ready in a case of emergency,and needles too,so prepare some ,keep at  hand
ignorance.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 5:30pm
Ask your MD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic