Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

KFC to KFF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KFC to KFF
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 11:41am

Sounds like KFC is on top of things and ready to shift gears as they did in Vietnam.___________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 28, 2004.

KFC Takes Chicken Off the Menu

BLOOMBERG

HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam -- Eight of the nine KFC restaurants in Vietnam, which has stopped some poultry sales to halt its bird flu epidemic, will serve fish and pasta instead of fried chicken when they open Saturday after being closed more than a week.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:27pm
Unfortunately, fish stocks are more diminished than chicken stocks (at the
moment anyway). Why not go veggie and have done with it.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:31pm

Kentucky fried Broccoli    EEWWwe

Not likely

Not to oddend you vegitarians out there but that wouldnt exactly make me want KFB. There would have to be an awsome coupon ( LOL )

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Smaug View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smaug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:41pm
Did they change the name to Kentucky Fried Dog and Cat. 
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:45pm
I noticed that our local KFC sell fish sandwiches on Fridays.
Angel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:56pm

I,m not a big fan of thiers..so I can stick to my pizza...

Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:59pm
I can eat pizza everyday!
Angel
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 1:01pm

Yes good time to be in the pizza biz huh.

Ill bet the Beef industry is just salivating as well being that chicken has been consistantly dipping into their profits more and more over the past ten years.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 1:26pm
Pizza Hut here I come !!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:26pm
Add pizza preps!!!! boxes dough or make from scratch, Canned pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese. Yummy!!!!!Grqo fresh basil!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:29pm
time for mad cow disease to rear its head again.
Ella Fitzgerald View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 8:17pm
lots of chicken out back, go meow
Pandemics Happen!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:06pm
The Russians now have B in their processing plants!

'...Bird flu cases have been confirmed in southern Russia amid the first
outbreak of the deadly epidemic at a bird product processing plant, Itar-
Tass news agency reported on Thursday......The infection and rapid
spread of the deadly virus among domestic birds
was due to the plant's neglect of relevant regulations with regard to
disease
prevention, according to Russia's veterinary experts...'

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200603/10/eng20060310_2495
44.html

Not sure what exactly that means. Have dead chickens with BF been
packed
up and sent to the retailers, hotels, etc?

Dont go KFC in Russia!
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 6:57am

That is an indeed scary story. The article does not really say much though in details.

I wounder where all their meat is shipped to?????

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic