Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Question for site veterans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for site veterans.
    Posted: October 02 2014 at 1:05pm
This question is for those who have been on this site for years, Jackdad, coyote, Albert,Elver, Waterboy and all the others. You have been doing this stuff for years, so just wanted to ask how this Ebola outbreak compares to other outbreaks, scares you have gone through together on this site. Your experience is invaluable, how do you think this compares to past situations.

Thanks.     
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 1:20pm
Fantastic question. This situation is unique and at the moment and is running alone, no comparison. Unfortunately fear doesn't register with most here, but yes, very unique and a first time situation. We're all also highly trained to handle it.
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 1:46pm
I joined the site to get some insight into H5N1 back in 2007, and next thing I know I'm filling buckets with rice and panicking every time I see an empty shelf (BTW Albert - my wife wants to thank you personally. Remember to duck).
I got a quick course in how bad things can get (baaaad) and my perspecive changed completely. Now I prep for an absolute worst case scenario - things that can turn off the lights, see the faucets run dry, kill and sicken huge chunks of the population, and shut down supply lines for extended periods. My feeling has always been that it would take a fast moving (probably efficiently airborne) novel virus with a CFR of 10% or higher, and significantly one that's able to cause severe illness in at least a third of the population at the same time. Take that many people out of the equation for weeks at a time (and the millions that would stay home out of fear) and every infrastructure fails. Influenza has always been at the top of my list of potential pandemic candidates that could do that, and I've never really given Ebola much thought.
This is without a doubt a human disaster of historic proportions, and now we're looking at domestic cases and a possible cluster, but something about it doesn't give me the feeling of dread that a novel flu virus does. It could get really bad if the authorities keep screwing up as they have in Dallas, but a slate wiper? Just don't see it.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 2:24pm
Slate wiping is not effective. One must burn out all traces of the root. Then to be safe, dig down
very, very deep and if necessary a repeat burning must be done. This will bring a positive end result.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 3:08pm
I have been on this site almost every day since early '06. Like Astro, I became at odds with some members and the general tone on here and decided to exit and re enter with my pants up. More than once. I must say, sometimes it is so hard to keep my cool and demeanor. Thankfully, a cleaning of the slate here on AFT is or has been reasonably obtainable...

H5N1 and the '08 election were high/low points that brought out the best and worst in many of us. Swine Flu/H1N1 as well. Ebola seems to have a very broad consensus though. We are all pretty much on the same page. It is one to make us all take pause. Like a newly discovered asteroid on a collision course with Earth. The difference between "Bird Flu" and Ebola is BF is still, all these years later, just a strong possibility whereas Ebola has now begun a person to person rage with no end in sight. 50 to 100% lethal.

This site was created to deal with just such a scenario. The parameters of its creation are being met with Ebola. I would also like to add that Astrologic called this beast early on and with unmatched vehemence and persistence. Maybe, maybe Sea Mist at second. Whatever the future holds in this scourge, I will always remember it as the one she called.
"And then there were none."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 3:18pm
I prep for everything I can think of so am I scared no but I am watching since I have a kid in college and would have to get him home. He has a BOB to get here winter ready which included snow shoes, since we are up north.

I am going to get more gloves and some rubber boots just in case and some gowns but other than that I am pretty ready for almost anything.

This is no different than any other bad stuff that comes our way. The only thing I can't get ready for is if Yellowstone goes up. Denver is screwed and most of the US will be screwed so that is what I really fear!

What one must realize is that the regulars who have been here for years have been ready for a long time. We just hope others will get ready because something will eventually happen...like jacksdad says...baaaad!
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 3:20pm
No comparison to the past H5N1 or H7N9 outbreaks etc. This one is scarry. More scarier though is the Enterovirus 68. It's hitting home infecting over 500.Hospitalizing over 300. One dead in Rhode Island with other complications.I'm really worried about this one because I have four small children.
As far as Ebola. Well just have to wait and see. I'm expecting others Mr.Duncan had contact with will get the virus and die. I also feel Mr.Duncan will pass too.This virus kills 71-84% of those infected.
This is no joke. If your not prepared get there soon.
Food,water,supplies,etc. If this mutates the world as we know it is over.That's what concerns me the most about Ebola.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 4:23pm
I joined swineflu.org in 2009.  Always lurked here finally signed on last year.  I had always been fascinated with H5N1, considered it to be "the one".  Then when those first reports came out of a young child sick with a novel flu virus in southern TX I knew something was starting. 

When H1N1 did NOT slow its pace even during the summer months I didn't know what to do but I knew I needed to do something... googled H1N1 & clicked on swineflu.org & I was hooked.  These people were not fanatics they were not alarmists they were smart people who were taking their own fates & that of their families in their own hands.  It was just what I needed, I'd always been one of them but just didn't know it.  Back in the Y2K days I had prepped without knowing it was called prepping.

I did not think H1N1 was going to be our H5N1 but there was a risk there... many people died, many who were perfectly healthy one day & on a ventilator or ECMO or dead the next.  I still don't think people give it the reverence it deserves.  I felt scared at times but empowered mostly because of swineflu.org.

I have never considered ebola as a threat before now.  Never saw myself prepping for it for sure.  I find comfort that many here have referred to it as a slow burner.  And it really is... if it were airborne like some in the public are starting to whisper it would be everywhere fast.  Look how fast D68 has spread.  Just about every state in just a couple months.

I'm concerned about Enterovirus D68 but not overly so.  I know what to do.  I have Qvar & Albuteral in my preps & my daughters prescription is current.  I have a good relationship with her pediatrician, he takes things seriously.

One thing about swineflu.org back then & AFT then/now/always... these guys are FAST!!  I swear they don't sleep.  If I happen to see some bit of news online I check AFT first & sure enough it's already posted sometimes beating the article I've just read by hours.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 4:36pm
I can honestly say the thing about ebola that scares me is the high CFR. Staggeringly high. I have been all over the world both as a soldier and civilian and I have seen the best and worst that people can be. When serious hunger and fear hits, people are the same in every country. They are dangerous and they are unpredictable. I now work in emergency management and public utilities and honestly I would be more frightened of a massive and prolonged power outage than ebola. Having said that, if we get sustained h2h transmission and clusters popping up around the country, I will go into lockdown mode. I have supplies to last and the means to protect them.
The incredibly inept response in Texas has shaken my opinion that we can contain an outbreak here better than in Africa.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 4:36pm
Ebola is nothing compared to influenza.

Its a useful dress rehearsal for the main even - but really not a problem in the US

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 4:40pm
I have absolutely no idea what will climb out and savage us.

The list of things that can is huge.

EMP, CME, Nuke wars, climate change (either way), wars, religious wars, Flu, ebola or another horrid virus, antibiotic resistance, civil unrest, geological events - I have barely started we seem to be losing enough species currently to declare an ELE.

It appears from the archaeological record that mankind has been making and losing its civilisations for about 10, 000 years.  There may have been even older ones in the region of today's Turkey.

It seems to me that to assume we are "safe" is a little shortsighted.  So I prep.  I do not do so to the detriment of my daily life (to avoid dying at the cost of never living is a trifle silly) but steadily and with a series of plans.

If I am wrong, and we are the first civilisation to make it then, I will leave a full larder to my daughter and I will look slightly silly.  If I am right and something crops up, then her survival chances are much improved and those who do not prep will look very stupid. 

So ebola is a bit of a moot point.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 5:21pm
Very good and quite humbling question, I do not consider myself a veteran, there are many more here who have stayed the course and posted consistently for longer than I.

I joined in 2006, and have been a “fair weather” AFT member between multiple births, moves, and life. when things get hairy I always come back here because of the solid work of others including those you mention and many more over the years, including Albert. No matter the question, or scenario you can always find the answer here. It is a safe haven for getting solid, vetted scientific information, as well as opinion, conjecture and real life advice that can save one’s life in an emergency.
The regular posters here are most solid, not too panicky, but very cautious…a very good balance to glean clear, concise knowledge and which to base decisions on.

I have always prepped to some extent, and kicked into high gear for Y2K, but since avian influenza in 2006, this thing has potential to outstrip any previous emerging viral threat in my adult lifetime. The paradox is that the threat from the virus is twofold: one is from the virus itself, it kills fast, spreads fast, is not all that well known and is changing…..and there is no cure. That poses an immense threat to you and me, unless we can contain and control it…..we are watching those efforts unfold before our eyes, and time will tell.

The second part of the paradox is fear: how fear affects and effects humanity and civilized society. Once people get scared many things can happen: panic, stockpiling, runs on essentials, rash decision making, poor judgment etc:

The threat from this virus can manifest itself in one or both ways, and again time will tell, but if things continue as they are: uncontrolled spread in Africa, possible multiple cases and clusters here, with the government taking precautions and actions that have never been seen before or not seen in two generations by the general public…..we are in for a rough ride.

The danger of the consequences from that rough ride can be mitigated, or even nullified by solid thoughtful planning and prepping. Some of us here will have entertainment, games, hot wonderful meals, and life will go on during rough times, while others will eat cold canned beans in the dark. But most that are here will get through it.
So the question you ask is difficult, I would recommend asking yourself the following question: What would you tell me to do considering the state of this out break and its perceived potential?
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 5:50pm
I joined in 2007 because of H5N1 flu and had followed other emerging diseases in the past and came here from a recommendation from rapture ready website.  No, I'm not a nut case as many thought because of the name of the site 'rapture ready'.  I only followed a thread on that site about bird flu and learned about prepping from some very knowledgeable people on that site.  Learned about Sambucol and have now gotten so many in my family hooked on that stuff because it's that good.

Basically I'm not afraid but concerned.  I compare what is happening with ebola here with what happened with the swine flu (H1N1).  It's following the same path... ppl on front lines not taking it seriously.  Ppl in general public not really taking it seriously and so.... it spreads.  Right now with D68 going around you'd think co-workers would stay home when they are sick, right?  Especially since where I work (in IT) we are allowed and even encouraged to work from home.  Not the case.... my boss lady and a coworker came in this whole week and both kept talking about how badly they felt.  Others are walking around the building coughing, sneezing, running noses, and complaining of being achy and having a really bad headache.  Several have gone to the ER and are not getting better.

Do I think if enough ebola patients get over here and present with symptoms this winter we'll have a problem in US?  Yes, and I am worried about that.  I work at a major university so we would definitely be in a group that would see cases. 

How do I prep?  Not as much as I have in the past.  Went whole heartedly at it in the beginning and then when I had to throw it all away because it got old.... I didn't replace it.  I do keep enough food on hand to SIP for about 3 months if I had to.

Hope this helps!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

This question is for those who have been on this site for years, Jackdad, coyote, Albert,Elver, Waterboy and all the others. You have been doing this stuff for years, so just wanted to ask how this Ebola outbreak compares to other outbreaks, scares you have gone through together on this site. Your experience is invaluable, how do you think this compares to past situations.

Thanks.     

Been here since 2005.

Never been like this before. It was always somewhere else, or in the process of mutating.

This is *HERE* in our country, right in some of our backyards. People are yanking their kids out of school to protect them (Whether genuinely threatened or not is open to debate) which I never thought I'd see.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 8:10pm
I haven't been a member of this site for very long. I did visit it a few years ago but only joined up last year. I live off grid on a smallholding and we produce a large percentage of our food. 

I'm not really a prepper as such, but we are well prepared. My concern is not really about infectious disease but about earthquakes since we are overdue a huge quake that will dramatically affect us.  I am confident in my own abilities and those of my family. Because we actually live like this, I'm not worried about tackling the nitty gritty side of living.

I am certainly concerned about Ebola but I am more scared of airborne diseases like flu. I don't relish the prospect of nursing a critically sick relative and watching them die, so I guess if disease gets anywhere near us, we will lock our gates and stay at home.

A particular area of interest to me is the concept of civilization. The veneer of civilization is very thin and it has been said countless times that we are only 9 meals away from anarchy, and I believe that is true. 

What scares me is not so much a killer disease, it is what the population will do in the face of a killer disease. There is nothing more dangerous than a frightened, hungry, ill informed person (particularly if they have kids).  If anyone on this site thinks we'll all pull together when things get really bad then I think they are in for a nasty shock. Western societies have broken down in recent history and some awful things happened. Remember the Serbs and the Croats in the 90's? Appalling. 

I studied economics and am constantly amazed by the reliance of society to rely on a just in time stocking system. This will be the undoing of our societies because there is no wriggle room for mishaps. In the pioneer countries like the US and NZ, early pioneers had huge stocks of food as a matter of course, and in actual fact rather than being seen as hoarders, they were seen as good citizens because those stocks enabled them to be self reliant. How can we have got so far away from that principle today?

I really like this site and some of the people on it. I'm grateful for the internet that we can all connect and exchange information.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 9:13pm
Absolutely agree with everything you said, KiwiMum. I've long considered the JIT system to be the thing that will be our downfall if any number of things sideswipe us. Nine meals away from anarchy - and one generation away from barbarism.
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 9:24pm
I think everyone that "hangs out" here is pretty close to being ready for anything and those who aren't totally prepped probably just lack a few items that can be picked up at the last minute. I also think the "just in time" delivery/buying is going to be most of the general populations downfall. Everyone here will be fine! There are a lot of smart people here that have been doing this for along time!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Absolutely agree with everything you said, KiwiMum. I've long considered the JIT system to be the thing that will be our downfall if any number of things sideswipe us. Nine meals away from anarchy - and one generation away from barbarism.

Absolutely, we are a fragile civilization.  Look at the side-swipes we've had from Mother Nature....Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina are poster-children.   Solar flare CME events, earthquakes, floods....these have huge and instantaneous power.

As far as infectious diseases, I agree with Kilt on this one.  Influenza will be a much bigger killer than Ebola.  For all of its scary traits, we can contain Ebola in our society relatively easily.  Just sheltering in place during an outbreak for several incubation periods will allow it to burn out, but you have to make sure you have enough stuff.  

Africa is going to get nailed in this one, and if it jumps to another crowded, third-world tropical region, bar the door.  India would be hell.  

We'll be OK, I'm glad we are so honest on this forum.  Just keep your eyes open.  
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2014 at 9:32pm

I've posted this before

seems like a very good time to post it again,

just in case anyone needs a little kick in the pantsBig smile

When Trucks Stop,America STOPS

http://www.trucking.org/ATA%20Docs/What%20We%20Do/Image%20and%20Outreach%20Programs/When%20Trucks%20Stop%20America%20Stops.pdf

http://www.trucking.org/ATA%20Docs/What%20We%20Do/Image%20and%20Outreach%20Programs/When%20Trucks%20Stop%20America%20Stops.pdf

yeah

our system is just that fragile

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 5:21pm
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I think for us that are newer to this site, your collective advice, tips, and responses to the present situation really help.

It is good to see how you got into it, the past concerns and situations you have been through, also how this Ebola compares to the other outbreaks.

I think it is clear from everyone that answered that this outbreak is a unique situation, with varying levels of concern among you all. What is also evident is the variety of backgrounds and experiences you all have. Collectively it creates a massive pool of knowledge to either dip into or at times dive into.

I came here because I believe you, I believe in the saying " fortune favours the prepared".

When I came in 2009, pregnant with my third child, and H1N1 looming, it helped me so much. Thank you.

I have worked with horrendous dangerous reagents, and infectious pathogens and carcinogens. I shared a bench with cholera toxin, cyanide, and formaldehyde, and mitogens able to activate every cell in your body, and dont get me started on the radioactivity.......Over the years I have been UV ed, ....splashed with gut samples from patients with IBD,.... a medical student froze samples with methanol instead of ethanol, nearly blinded me, Another student left concentrated HCl on bench instead of in fume cupboard, that was fun !!!! Whole bench disappeared in a haze of fumes Been splashed by such lovely things as eth bromide, stabbed by needles with various antibodies, been stained with gram stain, which left my arm purple for a month. Even had to do spectrometry on a sample of vCJD.   Add to that exploding epindorfs, leaky gel tanks, out of control manic centrifuges, and dodgy fungal things left over in incubators.   So I don't scare easily, and I like to think I am rational.

However I know nothing about how people behave in a crisis, no nothing about PR speeches ( someone yesterday on here talking about stage managment of talks, and how people prepare for questions and answers, was great). No nothing about military, or business and economics. I have learned lots from people here so please don't feel your posts go unread, they are, and they matter, and I just want to say thanks.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 2:26am
I think I speak for all of us here:

"You are welcome."

For myself, I love this site.  Others have said the same to me.  I have never moderated anywhere else, in fact, I have never joined another.  I like the people.  They are good people.  I watched for a while, joined when I thought Jacksdad had died - so I could express my grief, defended Albert as my first act and I have been completely, incurably hooked ever since.  Like most junkies, I got my husband and daughter hooked too.  Now we are a whole family of AFTers.

I do not think I am alone in my passion for AFT, nor am I alone saying:

"I am very glad you have joined us - you fit right in!"
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 5:10am
Techno, what do you mean when you thought JD died?  lol.   I think he had Ebola and he's now a zombie, but he didn't pass.   
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 7:04am
WHAT TO DO????
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 7:19am
He has not started to growl, drool or stagger.  I think we're ok Boss.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 8:28am
Are you sure about that?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by DANNYKELLEY DANNYKELLEY wrote:

Dan, I hadn't seen you up here then so missed and then forgot. But, Happy Birthday!!!
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 8:38am
Albert, too funny!

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 9:20am
I remember when JD died!  Albert were you just joking or do you really not remember that?  That was a shocker for sure.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

I remember when JD died!  Albert were you just joking or do you really not remember that?  That was a shocker for sure.

If JD died, then I have vast metaphysical powers to communicate beyond the void, as we've been exchanging private messages. 

I therefore announce my availability to conduct forum seances with your dead relatives for a modest fee.  
LOL
CRS, DrPH
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 10:57am
LOL.  I can't remember why it was posted or who posted it, but for a day we all thought he was dead... till he posted that evening of course & we all had a good laugh :)
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 11:15am
Thanks, Chuck.
My kid got a kick out of it the day I died

Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 12:58pm
This is a great question. I've only been around for a few years off and on but would like to chime in. I found this forum as a result of a basic search to see if others had concerns like I did.  Not to sound weird or anything but I had a frightening dream that I felt was significant.  I often have dreams which come true in various ways and so this particular time I decided to look around. I've never been a computer person but I'm glad that I found this site. I check in on what's going on because these people know what they are talking about and are brilliant in their vigilance.  The wealth of information is the knowledge of a combination of many many years of experience from numerous backgrounds always given with candor and an amazing clarity of thinking.  I appreciate this site and the people here very much and share what I find out with others who are not prepared. In my opinion the Ebola is frightening from a perspective that we can see the ineptness of our government in action. I feel that the flu may still be our greatest concern--that and the arrogance of our officials in believing that they have all of this all under control.
There's a bad moon on the rise
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 1:47pm
Glad to have you Littleraven, I wonder how many we have that have lurked for years.  No telling the following AFT has.  The speed at which info is posted here always astounds me.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 2:12pm
Nice to see you back, Littleraven
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 2:38pm
JD couldn't of. Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way. Actually that'd more likely be me. Chuck I may take you up on that. Yeah. You think you're busy now, wait till I start PMing you!

And yeah, welcome back Littleraven and thanks for your kind comment.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 2:45pm
Hey - I showered today.
Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 2:55pm
Thanks guys! I had to re-register and add a numeric but it's me. Looking forward to being able to spend more time here and again on the preps as I'm working from home now. Also I'm glad you're not dead too Jacksdad! Smile
There's a bad moon on the rise
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 3:23pm
Are we sure it's actually JD though?  I thought Ebola got him awhile back.   

I was glad to have JD back too and it was a rough time. Still not convinced we have the real JD though and not Ebola zombie after his bout with it.  JD - If you're inside there somewhere prove it - who's going to win the Chicago Carolina game?   Stern Smile
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

JD couldn't of. Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way..

LOL  
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 3:29pm
I'd better say the Bears - because I'm not sure I can rise from the dead a second time if "someone" kills me again

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 3:36pm
Lol.  Look on the bright side, we met techno from your alleged departure.   On another note, we also got Astro and she said very nice things about you during that time.  Something about your planet was actually a blue meteorite, etc...  (joke)
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 3:43pm

I'm waiting for the Chargers game anyway...

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 4:15pm
Nice to see you Littleraven!
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 5:48pm

Scientists conceded that natives to AFTs might be blessed with strange powers enabling them to probe the mysteries of the cosmos, including active participation in raising the dead. On the other hand it might just be the side effect of imbibing the local site cocktail - made up of Cough Mixture and Vodka, with a Tamiflu and Diazepan/ Valium frosting.

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2014 at 5:52pm
Shaken, not stirred.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic