Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

SIGN THE PETITION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIGN THE PETITION
    Posted: October 03 2014 at 6:40am

this action should have already been taken

the CDC is vigorously opposing it to our peril

sign it and pass it on 

Have the FAA ban all incoming and outgoing flights to ebola-stricken countries until the ebola outbreak is contained

http://https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...break/FFJHH9yX

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 6:47am
I thought about doing a petition myself about that lol.

Good job Satori, although the link isn't working.
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 6:52am
I found the prob -  This link should work to sign.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 6:55am

thanks for the fix Albert !

get the word out !!!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 6:56am
My pleasure my friend, good job.  
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 7:13am
I don't believe the FAA has the authority to ban flights. However the Dept of HHS has the authority to stop all entries.

see:Suspension of entries and imports from designated places to prevent spread of communicable diseases

[URL= ][/URL]http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title42/html/USCODE-2011-title42-chap6A-subchapII-partG-sec265.htm
Buy more ammo!
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 7:15am
Buy more ammo!
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 8:06am
signed it!  Thanks!

This should have been done 1st thing!  No reason those docs and supplies can't go out on cargo planes or some other dedicated plane(s).

But commercial flights in & out should be stopped.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 9:17am

Ibuprofen and lies can fool airports’ Ebola screenings, experts warn

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/ibuprofen-and-lies-can-fool-airports-ebola-screenings-health-experts-warn/article20907054/#dashboard/follows/

airport screening is a joke

flights from affected countries MUST be shut down

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 11:33am
Signed, and good call, folks.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 12:08pm

UN: Air travel from Ebola nations should continue

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/un-air-travel-from-ebola-nations-should-continue/503522-2.html

the operative phrase here ?

"political and economic "

you'll notice NOTHING is said about health and spreading ebola through air travel

curious omission don't you think ?

"Dujarric emphasized the importance of screening at travelers' departure and arrival."

and I just love that line of B.S.

want to get around screening?

lie on your form and take some tylenol an hour before going to the airport

is the world run by idiots or what ???

Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 12:47pm
Thank you for finding this petition! We're sending it to all our contacts.
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2014 at 9:22pm
I signed and sent it out to all my contacts!
Opium is the opiate of the masses
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 8:35am

Protective clothing doesn't work against Ebola': Outrage grows after Spanish nurse caught disease DESPITE wearing a safety suit - and WHO now warns more cases in Europe are 'unavoidable'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-virus.html

"'It's just a matter of who gets lucky and who gets unlucky.

'Air traffic is the driver. "

air traffic is THE driver

and our incompetent President ,on the advice of the stumbling,bumbling stooges at the CDC
have refused to stop air traffic from affected countries
thereby GUARANTEEING the spread of ebola

mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 9:37pm
Epidemiologist says US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken West Africa to prevent more outbreaks in America
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783829/Epidemiologist-says-US-stop-flights-Ebola-stricken-West-Africa-prevent-future-outbreaks-America.html
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 6:06am
I've noticed the number of signatures yesterday morning was just over 18,000. When I checked later in the day it was at 17,917. A family member signed the patition, yet it hasn't registered yet. I'm going to start taking screen shots to try to verify the rise and fall of the number of signatures.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 6:16am
Mrmouse, when I signed, it sent a email to me to confirm my email address to verify my signature, but it took around 40 minutes to receive the email.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 12:48pm

CDC: 150 People Enter U.S. Per Day from Ebola-Stricken Countries--or 4,500 Per Month

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/cdc-150-people-enter-us-day-ebola-stricken-countries-or-4500-month

mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 7:09pm
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 9:08pm
CDC Now Admits Airborne Ebola Possible But Don't PANIC!!
youtu.be/bg4bve_Cc2k
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic