Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Meanwhile in Russia 220 quarantined

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoosierMom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meanwhile in Russia 220 quarantined
    Posted: October 05 2014 at 6:37am
Seems as though Russia is taking more preventive precautions than the US on re-entry. Not sure how reliable this source is, but interesting.

"Some 335 students from high-risk regions in Africa remain in quarantine in Russia for Ebola, a Russian health official said Wednesday.

About 1,000 residents from African countries were put in quarantine for the virus, and the majority have been cleared, the Interfax news agency quoted Chief Sanitary Inspector Anna Popova as saying.

No case of Ebola has been detected in Russia, she said, adding that due to high migration flows the country is not 100-percent guaranteed from the risk.

Russian authorities are prepared not to let the virus spread into the country, with strict medical control imposed at the ports of entry, she said. At Moscow's airports visitors must walk through detectors that sound an alarm if the person's body temperature is above normal.

Russian scientists have been working on a cure for Ebola cure for over 10 years, Popova said.

Russian consumer safety watchdog Rospotrebnadzor places all newly arrived residents from the high-risk countries under a three-week quarantine.

The World Health Organization, in its latest Ebola update issued Monday, said 5,843 cases and 2,803 deaths have been reported in the current outbreak in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

In August, Russia sent a group of eight medics to Guinea to help fight the Ebola epidemic."

Sorce : china.org.cn

My links are not working?! If you can debunk or dismiss please delete this post, I do not want to spread disinformation.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2014-09/25/content_33605370.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic