Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Nurse in Madrid tests positive for Ebola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nurse in Madrid tests positive for Ebola
    Posted: October 06 2014 at 9:39am
Found post on Ebolainfo.org

A nurse tests positive for Ebola Madrid in the first analysis
She attended Viejo Manuel García. Health wait a second test to confirm
ELISA SILIO / EMILIO DE BENITO MADRID 6 OCT 2014 - 18:23 CEST4
Spanish A nursing assistant may be the first case of Ebola infection outside Africa. The health was part of the team that attended the missionary Manuel García Viejo, who died of Ebola on 26 September at the hospital Carlos III de Madrid (currently seconded to La Paz). She was the one who went to the hospital when he felt Alcorcón fever. The first analysis conducted has tested positive. Now the Ministry of Health, whose crisis cabinet is assembled, awaiting confirmation of a second test.
If confirmed, this will be the third case of Ebola fallecieron- treated in Spain-the first two and the first in which the patient is not repatriated from Africa or is treated in the hospital Carlos III de Madrid. The capital has already activated the protocol in September when a Brazilian disturbing symptoms presented in the Southern Bus Station.
The patient was admitted in the morning with a high fever. So the hospital activated the protocol before a possible case of Ebola and is isolated in the emergency room.
Died August 12 religious Miguel Pajares and 13 days old Manuel Garcia, 69, clinical director of the hospital Lunsar. Both were members of the Order of St. John of God. The deaths from the virus now total 3,338, according to the latest official count of the World Health Organization (WHO), dated October 1. The affected countries, with 7,178 infections registered in total, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone. Liberia and slashing 2,000 deaths (1,998 in total). Although WHO recognizes that the calculations may be underestimated.
So far, all cases of Ebola were infected in Africa. Remains whether the Liberian entered Texas has infected someone during the time it took to be admitted to hospital after he sent home the first time. Until this is confirmed, it would be the first non-African Ebola case.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 9:47am
Thanks waterboy, I'm questioning this one, and I doubt it.  There is another forum that is big on posting translated news, and I'm assuming this was translated to English, but those translations are seldom legit, and I mean very seldom. Certain sites and their translations have been doing this for years with a terrible success ratio. 

I would say this story is not true - Is my personal guess.

I've been wrong before in the past, I think.   Stern Smile
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 9:56am

6 October 2014 at 5:37pm

Report: Spanish nurse tests positive for Ebola virus

A Spanish nurse who treated an Ebola victim in Madrid has tested positive for the virus in an initial test, according to media reports. Authorities are said to be awaiting final results.

Last updated Mon 6 Oct 2014

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-10-06/report-spanish-nurse-tests-positive-for-ebola-virus/
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 9:58am
Spanish nurse being tested for Ebola contracted in Madrid - media

Source: Reuters - Mon, 6 Oct 2014 16:48 GMT

Author: Reuters

MADRID, Oct 6 (Reuters) - A Spanish nurse who treated a priest in Madrid who died of Ebola is suspected to be the first case of the disease contracted outside West Africa, media in Spain reported on Monday, citing sources within the country's health authorities.

Spanish newspaper El Pais and radio Cadena Ser were among those who said the nurse had tested positive for Ebola in initial tests and officials were awaiting final results.

No one was immediately available in Madrid's health department to confirm the reports. (Reporting By Emma Pinedo, writing by Sarah Morris; Editing by Julien Toyer)
http://www.trust.org/item/20141006164823-ejes2
Spanish nurse being tested for Ebola contracted in Madrid - media

By Reuters

Published: 11:48 EST, 6 October 2014 | Updated: 11:48 EST, 6 October 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2782598/Spanish-nurse-tested-Ebola-contracted-Madrid--media.html#ixzz3FNw8F7Xk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Here's another story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2782598/Spanish-nurse-tested-Ebola-contracted-Madrid--media.html

Here's another link

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2659748/pg1
Found just now on breakingnews.com

Spanish nurse who treated Ebola victim in Madrid tests positive for disease in initial tests; authorities awaiting final results - @Reuters

End of alert

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:01am
We better wait for the "final results".  How convenient.
Zimm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:23am
It's confirmed after second analysis

http://elpais.com/
Zimm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:29am
Final result positive

www.elmundo.es/madrid/2014/10/06/5432bb62e2704e347a8b4577.html
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:36am
Hey A..Looks Legit. Getting real close to level 5 I'm afraid..
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:40am
Yes coyote, looking legit. Are there any reputable English sources to this yet? Fairly significant news, and possibly very bad news.
Zimm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:48am
Albert, I'm from Spain, those are reputable spanish newspapers, it's absolutely confirmed

At 20:00 press conference from Spanish Health Ministry
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:53am
It's on Drudge.
"And then there were none."
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 10:54am
Thank you Zimm. I believe it my friend. Probably bad news. Please keep us posted. Hope you all do better than us and our cdc.
momma View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:22am
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29514920
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:40am
Thanks for the post "momma". This confirms first patient outside Africa to contract Ebola. I'm sure she took strict precautions but it didn't work. Makes things really scarry. I also believe we will see more cases in Dallas within a week?
I hope I'm wrong though....
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:43am
Just found this on breakingnews.com

Spain says a Madrid hospital nurse has tested positive for Ebola; emergency protocol put into place - @Reuters, @AP

End of alert
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:45am
NBC now reporting...
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/spanish-nurse-first-person-contract-ebola-outside-africa-n219581
Zimm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:50am
She had fever since sept 30th but only today went to the hospital, she was on vacation since the patient she looked after died...
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:51am
waterboy,this time I agree with you about Dallas.Johnray1
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:56am

Another nurse from Madrid tested for Ebola this afternoon...

[link to www.eldiario.es]
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Zimm Zimm wrote:

She had fever since sept 30th but only today went to the hospital, she was on vacation since the patient she looked after died...

Wow. Does that buck the trend? If she had fever since the 30th Sept but only went to the hospital on the 6th Oct, that's 7 days of being actively contagious. Where did she go on holiday? Don't tell me she has been travelling by public transport around Spain to see the sights! LOL.

Is it normal for Ebola patients to have a fever for so long before they feel the need to get treatment. I thought they developed a fever, then almost immediately were stricken with other awful symptoms. I wonder if she is fighting it off?
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 12:07pm

Spanish health official: 30 health workers who attended Spanish Ebola priests are being monitored - @Reuters

End of alert
atheris View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:02pm
so now they are focused on 30 nurses related to the preist and the question is.. are they forgetting that the first nurse was outside 10 days and the latest 7 days moving around with simptoms? how many unknown contacts could she had in all this time...

we are getting back to the sindrome.. oh i am i health care personel...  "it cannot happen to me .. it is just a flu or a cold".. this very stupid way of denial will bring the most of humans that will get it to the grave.. and their closest relations. And if this nurse who still tried not to get infected managed to get it.. just think what the chances are in the case of the family in dallas and to all those relatives and secondary contacts.. wellcome ebola in the first world.. you wil do many many things here... as the most humans are much to stupid.....
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Zimm Zimm wrote:

Albert, I'm from Spain, those are reputable spanish newspapers, it's absolutely confirmed

At 20:00 press conference from Spanish Health Ministry
Thanks Zimm.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
atheris View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:06pm
oh.. and we just moved to madrid... 3.2 milions.... and a very touristic place in Europe... every european likes it in madrid... just a perfect storm coming up....
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:26pm
I remember seeing pictures on one of those whacked out web sites showing removing patient from airplane with Ebola in Spain and they were pointing out in the photos how they were obvious fails in ppe and isolation. Now a nurse is sick. To make it better the nurse was running around for days with a fever. When you couple this with Dallas the situation is laughable.
Lsu2001 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lsu2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:28pm
Ok, so we have a health care worker on a modern country, catch the disease from a known Ebola patient. I would assume that she was highly trained in proper infection control because she was selected for the team. It would be nice to know exactly how she was exposed and became infected. Did she screw up protocol somehow? Was there some incident that wasn't reported? Or, is the virus spreading in such a way that negates the assumptions that control measures and treatment protocols are based on? With her having a fever for 7 days before isolation, how many secondary contacts exist? To put it military terms this is a Charlie Foxtrot of the highest order

Tim
The Greatest Threat to the Continued domination of man is the virus
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 1:42pm
Paraphrased from another discussion.

( Oh but strict isolation in modern world will take care of all this. We will learn so much by bringing people infected with ebola here and allowing modern drs in modern hospitals to study this and there is just practically no risk. )

So the smartest people in the room begin to fail. Problem is their arrogance and failures affect the rest of us.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 2:37pm

Ebola outbreak: Nurse infected in Spain

Aid workers and doctors transfer Manuel Garcia Viejo, a Spanish priest who was diagnosed with Ebola while working in Sierra Leone, from a military plane to an ambulance near Madrid, Spain, on 22 September 2014Manuel Garcia Viejo was transferred to Spain from Sierra Leone but died days later

Spanish Health Minister Ana Mato has confirmed that a nurse who treated two victims of Ebola in Madrid has tested positive for the disease.

The nurse is said to be the first person in the current outbreak known to have contracted Ebola outside Africa.

The woman was part of the team that treated Spanish priests Manuel Garcia Viejo and Miguel Pajares, who both died of the virus, officials say.

Some 3,400 people have died in the outbreak - mostly in West Africa.

Meanwhile US President Barack Obama has said the White House is considering extra screening at US airports for people arriving from the worst-affected countries in West Africa.

He said the chances for an Ebola outbreak in the US were extremely low, but vowed to step up the pressure on larger countries to help with efforts to contain the disease.

It comes as the US tries to limit the spread from its first confirmed case, a Liberian in Dallas.

High fever

The Spanish nurse is in a stable condition, Ms Mato said. She started to feel ill last week when she was on holiday.

File photo of Manuel Garcia Viejo at San Juan de Dios hospital in Lusar, Sierra LeoneManuel Garcia Viejo, seen in a file photo, was the second Spanish priest to be repatriated from Africa with Ebola

The nurse was admitted to hospital in Alcorcon, near Madrid, on Monday morning with a high fever, she said.

"Both the health ministry and public health authorities are working together to give the best care to the patient and to guarantee the safety of all citizens," the minister told a news conference.

Manuel Garcia Viejo, 69, died in the hospital Carlos III de Madrid on 25 September after catching Ebola in Sierra Leone.

Miguel Pajares, 75, died in August after contracting the virus in Liberia.

Experimental drug

Ebola spreads through contact with the bodily fluids of someone who has the virus and the only way to stop an outbreak is to isolate those who are infected.

There have been nearly 7,500 confirmed infections worldwide, with officials saying the figure is likely to be much higher in reality.

Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia have been hardest hit.

Thomas Duncan, the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the US, is being treated at a Dallas hospital in isolation. He caught the virus in his native Liberia.

Mr Duncan's condition is critical but stable, doctors said on Monday.

He has been given Brincidofovir, a new experimental drug for treating Ebola which was developed in North Carolina.

line
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 3:35pm
I missed the memo on them treating a previous Ebola patient.   I remember the first Spanish priest who died, and the suspected nurse, but never heard anything more about it.  I wasn't aware they were treating another case.   Did they evacuate him to Madrid for treatment, and I missed it? Or is there an outbreak going on?   Where did priest #2 come from?
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 3:48pm
My other question would be why do they have 30 healthcare workers under observation?  Usually there's several personal contacts for every one healthcare worker.   And I thought Dallas was going to be bad....   Maybe not though and let's see.
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by coyote coyote wrote:

Another nurse from Madrid tested for Ebola this afternoon...

[link to www.eldiario.es]

Coyote - is this the same nurse? Or a 2nd one? Unfortunately I do not speak/read Spanish so I can't figure this out.

My daughter is a nurse - and her husband a First Responder - so these types of stories always worry me.
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 4:47pm
What's that 3 victims 30 health care workers in quarantine. 10 per patient. Hard to sustain those kind of numbers for long.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:01pm
Where did she go on holiday?
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Where did she go on holiday?

Disneyworld Orlando Florida
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:28pm
Tell me that's a joke?
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by drumfish drumfish wrote:

Tell me that's a joke?

Yes
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:33pm
ConfusedDeadShocked  Uh... you had me scared there for a minute!
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

ConfusedDeadShocked  Uh... you had me scared there for a minute!

Sorry...
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 3:16am
Just an observation,

(1) She started a fever on the 30th, and continued on her holiday.

(2) She is just exhibiting fever for 5-6 days, no severe symptoms. She supposedly still is not "sickly".

We discussed the possibility of "carriers" (people who are infectious but not sick).

Would she not qualify as a carrier? Supposedly once some one becomes sick they are too debilitated to travel, function normally or hide their symptoms.

We had a discussion on this issue on one of the threads, and the best science, and information available said this was not possible or almost impossible...did we not?

This case poses an incalculable risk, less from what it is, but far more risk for what the case poses for transmission implications.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
atheris View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 7:38am
were fckd

“We’re drawing up a list of all the people she may have been in contact with, including with health professionals at the Alcorcón hospital where she is being treated,” Alemany said Monday.  So far there are at least 34 known people at risk of contracting the disease from her, including her husband, 30 people who work in or were patients at the Carlos III hospital and three who treated her at the Alcorcón clinic.

In the 24 hours before the nurse was officially diagnosed and in the five days that she felt unwell with fever, she had used public transportation, frequented bars, restaurants and supermarkets, and spent time with friends.  Many of the people she came in contact with while she was feverish and potentially contagious are virtually impossible to identify.

atheris View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 7:51am
and all just because of a very stupid "brilliant " ideea of lets bring them hom.. everywhere.. germanay, spain, usa and so on.... good job sirs... now we see the next level....
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 7:56am
More cases of Ebola will almost inevitably spread in Europe, but the continent is well prepared to control the disease, World Health Organization's regional director says - @Reuters
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 9:12am

I just don't get it... how does someone in her position not suspect ebola.  It had to have crossed her mind, it had to.

debg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

I just don't get it... how does someone in her position not suspect ebola.  It had to have crossed her mind, it had to.

I just read somewhere (sorry, I didn't copy the article) that she was actually begging them to test for Ebola - that they did not want to bother testing her for that. Now granted, she sure as crap should not have been hanging out on vacation somewhere feeling like that and knowing she may have had Ebola, but she did at least insist on the test when she FINALLY went to the hospital....
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 10:09am
Ok thanks deb.  Maybe I'm just a hypochondriac.. but if I were a nurse caring for an ebola patient.  I would have isolated myself for 21 days after he died no matter what... but if I came down with a fever I would immediately suspect ebola.  I would suspect ebola even if I were a nurse on the other side of the hospital & had never seen the guy.  but that's just me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic