Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News H
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News H

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News H
    Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:51am
Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News Host Elisabeth Hasselbeck For Hyping Ebola Threat

Once again, Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institute of Health took on a Fox News host and shut down their effort to stoke fear over Ebola.

Fauci appeared on Fox & Friends on Monday morning for an interview with Elisabeth Hasselbeck. As expected, Hasselbeck attempted to use the virus as an excuse to close America’s borders and institute a sort of isolationism until the situation in West Africa subsides. But Fauci slapped down Hasselbeck’s fear mongering and her idea to solve the problem.

The segment began with Hasselbeck reminding viewers about the case of Ebola currently being treated in Dallas, Texas and an NBC cameraman who is being flown back to the United States for treatment.

“Why are we still letting people into the country who could have possibly been exposed?” she wondered. “Why not just shut down the flights and secure the borders? Many of you want to know…”

She then introduced Dr. Fauci and posed the question to him and asked why he hasn’t recommended shutting the border down

HASSELBECK: Why not, just as a precaution until we get things under control, seal off the border temporarily?

DR. FAUCI: From a public health standpoint, that doesn’t really make any sense. It’s understandable how people can figure that that might help but when you completely seal off and don’t let planes in or out of the West African countries involved, then you could paradoxically make things much worse in the sense that you can’t get supplies in, you can’t get help in, you can’t can the kind of things in there that we need to contain the epidemic and the best way to protect America is to suppress the epidemic in West Africa.

And if we completely isolate them—don’t let anything in, don’t let anything out—we know from experience with public health, that marginalizes them. And you could have civil unrest, governments could fall. And then you wind up having spread the virus to other countries in west Africa, which would only compound the problem. So, it’s understandable, that thought–‘lets just close them off’–but that just doesn’t work

Hasselbeck, clearly disappointed that the health expert didn’t blindly go along with closing down the borders, then suggesting severely restricting flights to just those that provide aid to combat Ebola.

“I’m sorry but that doesn’t work,” Fauci responded.

If you look at the newspapers, if you look at the TV coverage, you’d think that west Africa is this nation of the people you see on the front page of the New York Times, sick in Ebola treatment units… This is nation of millions and millions of people. Multiple nations, not one. You have Americans there, you have business people there, people of dual citizenship who have to go back and forth. It’s completely impractical. In fact, from a public health standpoint, not helpful to do that. And I think every public health official feels that way.

Dr.Fauci has certainly been making the rounds on Fox News lately, and he’s done nothing but disappoint the conservative propaganda machine. While Fox is trying to ramp up the fear of Ebola to help Republicans in November, Dr. Fauci is smacking those fears down and explaining why Americans shouldn’t panic.

During an appearance on Fox News Sunday, Dr. Fauci told Chris Wallace that the idea that undocumented immigrants could carry the virus across the border is “far-fetched.”

“I wouldn’t be worrying about illegal immigrants coming from southern borders when we have an issue right now with Ebola in West Africa. That’s a hypothetical that’s very far-fetched,” Dr. Fauci said.

Later that day, PBS science correspondent Miles O’Brien also had strong words about how Fox News has covered Ebola.

I wish everybody could take a deep breath and take a break from trying to pull viewers in by scaring them. And that’s what we’re seeing here. It borders on irresponsibility when people get on television and start talking that way when they should know better. They should do their homework and they should report in a responsible manner… It’s offensive on several levels. And it reflects a level of ignorance, which we should not allow in our media and in our discourse.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/06/health-expert-shuts-down-fear-mongering-fox-news-host-elisabeth-hasselbeck-for-hyping-ebola-threat-video/
Buy more ammo!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:01am

Faucci is a government spokesman

spouting the government line

what's next

he's gonna tell us how effective airport screening is ???

ha ha ha

air travel from West Africa should be restricted

fly in anything ,food,medical supplies etc

but to continue to allow normal air traffic out

is highly irresponsible

any deaths because of the governments failure to restrict air travel

will be the full responsibility of the government

but causing civilian deaths has never really bothered them before now,has it?

Germ Nerdier View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:21am
The way in which that article is written/ pasted into this thread, is misleading.

I watched the interview this article reports.
The comments about irresponsible journalism came after a clip with some nitwit (Hasselwho? I don't know the newscasters.. was a brunette woman), anyway.. came after she raised a concern about Liberians importing Ebola into the States and seeking out witchdoctors instead of qualified doctors.

Yes, really.
Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:28am
Anyone that has "done their homework" knows that this is nothing to play around with. I'm constantly amazed at those so quick to deny people their intuitive right to be concerned or even afraid. It is an essential factor in survival. These people all think that keeping the Ebola in the air flying to and from infected areas is somehow the way to keep it under control? By not isolating these hot areas we are somehow keeping it from later on escaping the borders? No one should run around hyping this up bigger and scarier than it is of course but I would say that Ebola has its own PR department in that regard--it already is big and scary. When this stuff gets imported into certain areas and even thrives in cooler environments we could be looking at an invasive species of virus making its home out in the backyard. So now we have politicians (whose main goal pretty much is re-election) and some "health professionals" who think they're politicians telling us not to worry one little bit about that Kudzu plant? The way to stop this stuff is to stop inviting it in!
There's a bad moon on the rise
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:39am
Originally posted by arirish arirish wrote:

DR. FAUCI: " ... but when you completely seal off and don’t let planes in or out of the West African countries involved, then you could paradoxically make things much worse in the sense that you can’t get supplies in, you can’t get help in

And if we completely isolate them—don’t let anything in... "

God I'm tired of Fauci and Frieden putting a spin on this.  We're not saying not to let flights in - just not out.  Send in all the aid you want, but restrict outgoing flights.   EVERY TIME this issue is brought up, they same the same thing, we have to let flights in (diverting from the question), and they put a spin on it.   Nobody has said not to let flights in, but that is their rebuttal EVERY TIME.  They immediately spin it into flights going in, and they won't address outgoing flights.  

For the last time -- send in flights. nobody is saying not to.  Since nobody is saying not to, then why is that all they mention?  Major spin doctors.   Every time... "we can't stop flights going in....", well, nobody has said to do that.  Weird. 

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:15am
Just because I post something does not mean I agree with it! Sometimes I post thing because I know it will get a rise out of people! In this case I don't agree with shutting down flights! I'm not sure anyone has that authority! Besides there are very, very few direct flights from West Africa to the U.S. Plus there is nothing stopping people from taking a boat or travelling overland to Morocco and then flying! I think a better approach is to use passports which are stamped with countries visited to isolate anyone who has been in that area in the last month! You want to come into this country and have been in one of these countries YOU pay for a 21 day quarantine! Can't afford it? Bye! All countries have the right to refuse entry.
Buy more ammo!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:22am

Just because I post something does not mean I agree with it! Sometimes I post thing because I know it will get a rise out of people! In this case I don't agree with shutting down flights! I'm not sure anyone has that authority! Besides there are very, very few direct flights from West Africa to the U.S. Plus there is nothing stopping people from taking a boat or travelling overland to Morocco and then flying! I think a better approach is to use passports which are stamped with countries visited to isolate anyone who has been in that area in the last month! You want to come into this country and have been in one of these countries YOU pay for a 21 day quarantine! Can't afford it? Bye! All countries have the right to refuse entry.

arirish,

I didn't mean to imply it was your view, or that you were misleading anyone.
I meant the way the article was written and/or edited at the news source.

Still luv ya!
Hug
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:36am
Germ Nerdier- Thanks! I didn't think you were trying to kill the messenger but I want everyone to know my mind is open and I have no agenda! Though I've taken many infection control classes I am not an expert on any of this! When I post something it's because I found it interesting or controversial and I want to know others opinions. And sometimes just to get a rise out of some of our more bombastic members!

Hope everyone keeps up the good work!
Arirish
Buy more ammo!
inthesticks View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:49am
When are you people going to understand that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is ever truthful on FAUX News. Controlled by idiotic right-wing conservatives, and it shows. Geez....
I'm INTHESTICKS and I approved this message.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:53am
 "You want to come into this country and have been in one of these countries YOU pay for a 21 day quarantine! Can't afford it? Bye! All countries have the right to refuse entry."

I support that. Impractical, but a lot less impractical than having everyone else do it.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:00am
Love Fox News thanks!

But for coverage on ebola, I've been watching CNN.  It's like the CNN of the 80s where the reporters are actually on site and asking good questions and not letting the talking heads get away with stuff. 

Fox News has been allowing the talking heads to spew their 'it's ok, stop worrying...' rants.

ozarkcountryboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:04am
" But Fauci slapped down Hasselbeck’s fear mongering and her idea to solve the problem ".
I wonder if he would slap down a male reporter?
Just saying!!!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:04am
inthesticks,

You mean witchdoctors are not a problem in the States?
Do you have a source for that?

;)
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by ozarkcountryboy ozarkcountryboy wrote:

" But Fauci slapped down Hasselbeck’s fear mongering and her idea to solve the problem ".
I wonder if he would slap down a male reporter?
Just saying!!!

Maybe female Fox news casters would be shown more respect if they displayed more brains and less leg?
Or maybe not.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by nc_girl nc_girl wrote:

Love Fox News thanks!

But for coverage on ebola, I've been watching CNN.  It's like the CNN of the 80s where the reporters are actually on site and asking good questions and not letting the talking heads get away with stuff. 

Fox News has been allowing the talking heads to spew their 'it's ok, stop worrying...' rants.

They need to remember to reset the teleprompter between CDC reports.

Sheesh.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:50am
Arirish's post seems to me to be more of a swipe at Fox et al than the reporting of usable news but that is just my opinion. Sticks is of course perfectly blatant about it but to each his own. NC Girl is correct. CNN is not what it was in the 80's. it has evolved into a lot of opinion of the left. For that matter the democrat party is not the same party of the 60's. it has also evolved substantially to the left and in my opinion has been overtaken by foreigners who are anti American to begin with and have set about in trying to re educate America with that in mind. Something of a "Fable of The Ducks And The Hens" if you will. (And are able to discard the neo nazism of Rockwells intent and apply that knowledge to suit other worldly situations as I have). Fox News' advent was in response to CNN's steady movement to the left and many Americans felt left out with no voice so Fox created the fair and ballanced theme. It has not evolved even slightly since. It started as center/right and there it remains. As a counter to CNN's much more far left opinions. They both report most all the breaking news in varying degrees and give differing views in interpretation. The smart person watches both and makes their own judgements. Another "opinion" of mine is the Fox women are no more physically revealing than the women of CNN, MSNBC, etc. they just tend to be prettier and so we notice them more in that...uh physical sence...
"And then there were none."
Speed racer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speed racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 11:01am
onefluover

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 11:20am
oneflu,

I didn't say female Fox reporters were more revealing than CNN or MSNBC.
I'm sure the others show just as much.

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

DR. FAUCI: " ... but when you completely seal off and don’t let planes in or out of the West African countries involved, then you could paradoxically make things much worse in the sense that you can’t get supplies in, you can’t get help in

And if we completely isolate them—don’t let anything in... "

God I'm tired of Fauci and Frieden putting a spin on this.  We're not saying not to let flights in - just not out.  Send in all the aid you want, but restrict outgoing flights.   EVERY TIME this issue is brought up, they same the same thing, we have to let flights in (diverting from the question), and they put a spin on it.   Nobody has said not to let flights in, but that is their rebuttal EVERY TIME.  They immediately spin it into flights going in, and they won't address outgoing flights.  

For the last time -- send in flights. nobody is saying not to.  Since nobody is saying not to, then why is that all they mention?  Major spin doctors.   Every time... "we can't stop flights going in....", well, nobody has said to do that.  Weird. 

Yes!!  They act as if it's all or nothing!  No commercial flights coming out ... plenty of aid/help going in... Helllooo!!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Germ Nerdier Germ Nerdier wrote:

"You want to come into this country and have been in one of these countries YOU pay for a 21 day quarantine! Can't afford it? Bye! All countries have the right to refuse entry."

I support that. Impractical, but a lot less impractical than having everyone else do it.

This is the best of both worlds if you ask me.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 12:12pm
I think even Faux News would dispute they are center right, onefluover. Their Australian boss is quite specific about their context and political leanings. Wait - isn't he foreign?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 12:18pm

oneflu,

I wasn't quoting you GN, just that what you pointed out made me think of an older thread about the cable news womens looks and dress that I just followed up on. And it was ending my post with a weak attempt at being humerous.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 12:30pm
Are they lefty's? Far righty? More than half are conservs, clearly. But not all. Even Geraldo, a registered R only votes and supports left causes, Juan, others. Bill O is a center/right Indy. My TVs up until very recently have been on the news 24/7 for DECADES now. My dogs can correctly answer any trivia... But this is not the topic of this post. I shoulda just let it go....
coyote View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 2:03pm
You are spot on onefluover..
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 2:40pm
Jen 147,I have wondered why no one has said any thing about the scam that the CDC and the NIH and the government has been running on the American people. I am also infavor of stopping commercial air travel from Africa,but I thought that every knew that to stop everyday air travel from Africa,did not mean to lock Africa down and stop the aid and medical personnel to.The CDC,NIH, and the US Government all know that they stop all "unauthorized" flights to and from Africa.They could authorize aid fights. They know that.Johnray1
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

oneflu,

I wasn't quoting you GN, just that what you pointed out made me think of an older thread about the cable news womens looks and dress that I just followed up on. And it was ending my post with a weak attempt at being humerous.

Some days I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Today I'm just a tool.  :(
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 4:14pm
Shush yer fuss! You're not a tool! Whatever that is.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 4:18pm
I just looked it up. I'm the tool!

Anyways... How are we all going to comunicate if the power ever really does go out? Will wireless devices with solar chargers still function at all via satilites or do those systems go completely down as well?
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 4:55pm
No idea, but I'm wishing now I would have invested in solar energy.

Hey did you see the docu coverage on Earthships, "Building Off The Grid"? 

https://eztv.it/page_1
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

Jen 147,I have wondered why no one has said any thing about the scam that the CDC and the NIH and the government has been running on the American people. I am also infavor of stopping commercial air travel from Africa,but I thought that every knew that to stop everyday air travel from Africa,did not mean to lock Africa down and stop the aid and medical personnel to.The CDC,NIH, and the US Government all know that they stop all "unauthorized" flights to and from Africa.They could authorize aid fights. They know that.Johnray1

You are so right Johnray.  It's mind boggling.  Like Albert said they seem to only have one answer to that question.  And I have yet to hear one anchor or journalist respond back, "No we aren't saying not flights in... just no "commercial" flights out."  No one even challenges them how stupid that sounds!!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 5:24pm

Anyways... How are we all going to comunicate if the power ever really does go out? Will wireless devices with solar chargers still function at all via satilites or do those systems go completely down as well?

We need to come up with some code words so we know its one of us... if anybody bothered to watch the first season of Revolution on NBC (before it started to suck!) there were a few of them that could power up laptops & communicate & they used code to identify themselves. 

With that in mind did anyone watch that one or two seasons of Jericho on CBS a few years ago?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 5:51pm

No idea, but I'm wishing now I would have invested in solar energy.

Hey did you see the docu coverage on Earthships, "Building Off The Grid"? 

https://eztv.it/page_1

I didn't but this site looks worth looking at closer later so I've saved it.

If you have solar and a well, even smaller ones youre better prepared than having thousands of pounds of food. (Or kilos for many of you). But wells are mostly for rural acreage properties and most of us just don't have that.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

We need to come up with some code words so we know its one of us... if anybody bothered to watch the first season of Revolution on NBC (before it started to suck!) there were a few of them that could power up laptops & communicate & they used code to identify themselves. 

With that in mind did anyone watch that one or two seasons of Jericho on CBS a few years ago?

You know I've been thinking hard about just that. It's like if the SHTF, I'm going to try to network with AFTers, and pretty much everyone else I'm not going to trust or help or work with. In my opinion the non AFT types will be the ones who caused the disintegration of society by refusing to listen and going around blindly infecting eachother that will be the main reason for the collapse of the world as we know it. Sure there are many opposing views within AFT but there is massively a general consensus amongst us that seems to be pretty exclusive to the rest of the world. But not totally. There are for certain many millions who think just like us who have no clue we even exist. It should be all of our duties to spread the word (yeah, kind of like The Word but not) through many means to get the word out to increase our membership. Once it reaches a certain point the advertising of AFT's existence could not be stopped. It would become self-propagating and then our numbers would be enough to seriously network and build on a system of working together on the street to better insure our own survival. Codes would then be quite necessary. But a system of code should be worked on now in my opinion.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:05pm
Seriously oneflu?

My pandemic plan is you come get me LOL
Prairie One View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:09pm
If something does happen, I won't want any association with someone who has that kind of world view. I come here to get a jump on mass media. I don't see this group as homogenous in any way. In my opinion, this forum is becoming less, not more valid, because of the extreme and judgemental views such as the one just posted by Onefluover.
There is no such thing as 'AFT types' and 'nonAFT types' and that type of characterization in my mind WILL NOT be helpful if ever the SHTF.
Interested....
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:19pm
Prairie,

I think he meant the difference between those who are open to watching, learning, and preparing vs. those who follow blindly and ridicule the rest of us for asking questions.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:26pm
It was

"the non AFT types will be the ones that cause the disintegration of society....will be the main reason for the collapse of the world as we know it"

that through me off.

With respect GN, I did not get open minded, cerebral or open minded from any of that and found it offensive.
Interested....
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:34pm
Prairie One,I read all of these posts. It looks to me like that you are just looking for something to cause a problem over. You need to just take a Xanax and set down for a little while.Johnray1
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:49pm
Prairie makes a valid point in that there has been less tolerance lately, but oneflu was unfairly caught in it.
Prairie, I know a bit about oneflu and can promise you.. that is not how he meant it.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:51pm
Actually, I think oneflu just perfectly described my sister LOL
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:01pm
Thanks again GN.
I know nothing of any of those posting. I can only go by what I read.
I am not looking for things to cause problems over... Just expressing my opinion which I think is at least as valid as yours Johnray1. Would you rather only hear from those who always agree with you?
Interested....
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Prairie One Prairie One wrote:

Thanks again GN.
I know nothing of any of those posting. I can only go by what I read.
I am not looking for things to cause problems over... Just expressing my opinion which I think is at least as valid as yours Johnray1. Would you rather only hear from those who always agree with you?

No worries!

I stumbled into my own *situation* in the forum not too long ago.

Ouch

It's hard to get tone from text when you don't have context.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:31pm

Anyways... How are we all going to comunicate if the power ever really does go out?

This has been discussed before - just think of all the free time you'd have if you weren't here Wink
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Anyways... How are we all going to comunicate if the power ever really does go out?

This has been discussed before - just think of all the free time you'd have if you weren't here Wink

I'll use a messenger pigeon to contact you, JD, and albert lolLOL
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:54pm
Obama wants Ebola to spread so he can declare martial law and remain in office.

It is as simple as that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic