Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News H
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Health Expert Shuts Down Fear Mongering Fox News H

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:56pm
My cats will appreciate that, Hachi Shocked
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 9:58pm
I think sometimes on forums like this & even on social media some grace needs to be extended before people just assume the worst.  Without tone of voice & body language many people are misunderstood every day, all of us have had that happen.

I took oneflu to mean people who do not prepare, do not watch for things like GN described.  People who go & get dinner out every night & have absolutely nothing in their fridge or pantry.  And I also think he might have meant people with evil intentions, assuming we were post SHTF there will be roaming gangs who will kill rape & steal their way to survival.  I think oneflu meant AFTers in a positive light, in that sense. 

He can certainly speak for himself but that was kind of harsh to flame into him without saying first, Hey how exactly did you mean that?  Like I said everyone has been misunderstood at some point.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:00pm
Ahhh, is oneflu in CA too?  I feel left out.  Can your pigeons make it to TN? Cry
Prairie One View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:06pm
Sounds like
One flew over the Cuckoo!

Movie in the 80's featuring crazy people!!!
Interested....
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:10pm
I've been down the street at EI and missed all of this. First of all thank you Germ Nerd and John for jumping in in my defense. Though when I re read my post I can see why some would have a negative reaction to it. It is an extremist view of the world. But that word is often unjustly nitpicked. I'm also extremely into fishing and dreaming of panning for gold. My super realism art is of the most extreme. I've written an extreme amount. Guaranteed more than but a very tiny handful of people. Millions of words. I'm extremely handsome. OK thats a lie. I've lived through some extreme situations in life. Both good and bad. So it is no wonder I sometime tend to have extreme views of some aspects of life and express them in ways some people find to be over the top. I can't argue against that. But when it comes to this situation you hit on Prairie, let me tell you, I've been personally sickened numerous times by people around me who I have repeatedly tried to school about infectious diseases and cross-contaminants, what those organisms are, how tiny, contagious, how they are transmitted, WHY, what the dangers are, etc and it just seems almost no one around me for all these years seems to get it or care at all. My own family even. It has been appearing to me that there are two types of people in this world as relates to this subject: those who get it -but don't want it, to be sickened, and those who really don't get it but go around ignorantly infecting orhers. I am sick right now. Have been for days. Once again infected by nothing less than ignorance that I tried so hard ward off with some ATFesque intelligence but once again was denied. I tend to see the whole dern world this way. Unrelenting. You don't want me bringing you some steak in a post-apocalyptic world because I'm extreme in assigning blame unjustly? That's fine. Your views I respect. I will give it to Johnray. If Trish doesn't need it more first. I'm willing to share and help and protect not those who did the best to prep for this potentially catastrophic event of our time but those who enlightened themselves about it and did the best they had the means to do to prepare for it and many of them are in fact AFTers.
"And then there were none."
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

I think sometimes on forums like this & even on social media some grace needs to be extended before people just assume the worst.  Without tone of voice & body language many people are misunderstood every day, all of us have had that happen.

I took oneflu to mean people who do not prepare, do not watch for things like GN described.  People who go & get dinner out every night & have absolutely nothing in their fridge or pantry.  And I also think he might have meant people with evil intentions, assuming we were post SHTF there will be roaming gangs who will kill rape & steal their way to survival.  I think oneflu meant AFTers in a positive light, in that sense. 

He can certainly speak for himself but that was kind of harsh to flame into him without saying first, Hey how exactly did you mean that?  Like I said everyone has been misunderstood at some point.

Did you read what was said? It may not be what he meant but what was written what's what I reacted to.

I expect he certainly can speak for himself.
Interested....
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:15pm
Hi Onefluover.
Thank you for the clarification. It's apparent we both feel strongly.
I
Interested....
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Prairie One Prairie One wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. It's apparent we both feel strongly.

Neither of you guys would be here if you didn't. It's not a bad thing  Thumbs Up

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:19pm

Ahhh, is oneflu in CA too?  I feel left out.  Can your pigeons make it to TN? Cry

haha nope, oneflu is in Utah, I think, but has family in CA lol I think the pigeons can make it that far, not sure how long it'd take though! I'd give them red bull, but it doesn't give them extra wings. Confused
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

My cats will appreciate that, Hachi Shocked

If my cats don't get to it before it leaves my care. lol Confused
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:20pm
Meals on wings...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:23pm
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Prairie One Prairie One wrote:

Did you read what was said? It may not be what he meant but what was written what's what I reacted to.

I expect he certainly can speak for himself.

Yes I read what he said.  As was indicated in my post above what I felt he meant when I read it.  You & I are two people who read the same paragraph & caught two different meanings.  That was my point.
Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:32pm
A case of killing the messenger?
There's a bad moon on the rise
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:33pm
I don't have time to ask people exactly what they mean. I read it as it is posted.
What he/she posted was offensive.
Interested....
Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:35pm
I do mean in reference to the pidgeons!
There's a bad moon on the rise
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Littleraven1 Littleraven1 wrote:

A case of killing the messenger?

Ooh - that was good Wink
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:44pm
Onefluover means I spent years beginning in my teens in the hole in San Quentin on the Prison Gang Bosses yard -including Death Row in the early 80's when Quidmas had 178 seperate stabbings and 37 murders in one year, many of them from my own private yard of world-class loosers. To this day I think I'm still the only one who made it out of there alive and not a complete animal. My brother was not so lucky. They got him the morning of the North Hollywood Shootout that riddled the same parole office that put him in there with bullets at Pelican Bay. One Flew Over means, yes, just like in my favorite movie, I beat the BS and got the f**k away. "Mnnn, Juicy Fruit".
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:44pm
In contrast to the US government, the nation of India is discussing shutting off all migration from afflicted nations, period!  

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/the-risk-of-ebola-in-india/article6489519.ece

"Our best course of action is prevention. Prevent all persons originating from the three hardest-hit nations — Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia — from coming into India, no matter what their status (health or otherwise). Pre-boarding scrutiny of passports will accomplish this. If and when the epidemic intensifies, extend that ban to persons from Nigeria too."

CRS, DrPH
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

Onefluover means I spent years beginning in my teens in the hole in San Quentin on the Prison Gang Bosses yard -including Death Row in the early 80's when Quidmas had 178 seperate stabbings and 37 murders in one year, many of them from my own private yard of world-class loosers. To this day I think I'm still the only one who made it out of there alive and not a complete animal. My brother was not so lucky. They got him the morning of the North Hollywood Shootout that riddled the same parole office that put him in there with bullets at Pelican Bay. One Flew Over means, yes, just like in my favorite movie, I beat the BS and got the f**k away. "Mnnn, Juicy Fruit".

Ever thought of writing a book?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:55pm
I wrote about 50 in there.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:57pm
Simple for you maybe.
Interested....
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 5:49am
It simply flies in the face of logic not to ban air traffic from African countries effected with Ebola. The best way to stop the spread of Ebola is by containment, how can allowing potential Ebola carriers to board airplanes and fly around the world stop the containment? That's like saying the best way to stop a ship from sinking is to put more holes in the hull to allow more water in!

How To Stop Ebola: Ban Air Travel From Liberia, Sierra Leone, And Guinea
www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2014/10/05/how-to-stop-ebola-ban-air-travel-from-liberia-sierra-leone-and-guinea/
Opium is the opiate of the masses
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic