Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Plane diverted to LAX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plane diverted to LAX
    Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:20pm
Possible Ebola case at LAX.  News is coming...

Was just on the news here so I'm assuming we're about to hear a lot about it.   Apparently he had flu-like symptoms and vomiting on plane.  They didn't mention if this was an incoming passenger from  Liberia on the United flight.   Boy would that be ugly.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
nadia007 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadia007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:26pm
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/10/12/lax-possible-ebola-patient-on-united-flight-from-jfk/
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:31pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A representative for Los Angeles International Airport Sunday said a United Airlines flight has landed with a person who may have been exposed to the Ebola virus.

Flight 703 originated from New York’s JFK airport and landed at LAX at 1:50 p.m., according to the representative.

The patient in question was vomiting and exhibited flu-like symptoms, prompting fears of Ebola exposure, according to Airport police Sgt. Ortiz.

The plane was taken to a remote gate at the far west-end of the airport, and a hazardous materials team was subsequently called to the scene.

No further information was available.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:39pm
Disregard -- Live coverage is ruling it out.  They said he's sick/vomiting and from Africa, but not W Africa.
Kyle View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:45pm
So if anyone on a plane has fever, vomiting, and diarrhea they are automatically assumed a suspect case? I have Crohn's Disease and when in a flare up causes fever, vomiting, diarrhea with blood at times. Guess I shouldn't get on a plane anytime soon lol
Lsu2001 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lsu2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 4:46pm
What part of Africa
I wonder. There is the Marburg outbreak in Uganda
The Greatest Threat to the Continued domination of man is the virus
Schrödinger's Cat View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrödinger's Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 5:48pm
It sure is interesting times when you vomit on a plane and find yourself the focus of a headlining news story. Going to be a crazy flu season.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 6:40pm
I know people are tired of hearing the false alarms but I don't see how it can be helped really.  I mean we are not living in a normal season of life right now.  W. Africa is experiencing the worse Ebola outbreak in history... and even though we've only had a couple cases here in the US, don't neglect to see that for what it is... when else in history has the US or Spain had a case of Ebola.  Bear with the suspected reports.  Just as in this case members post as quickly as they can when news is heard that it was negative.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Lsu2001 Lsu2001 wrote:

What part of Africa
I wonder. There is the Marburg outbreak in Uganda

True.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic