Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Obama says considering appointing an Ebola 'czar'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Obama says considering appointing an Ebola 'czar'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama says considering appointing an Ebola 'czar'
    Posted: October 16 2014 at 5:23pm
Obama says considering appointing an Ebola 'czar' to lead U.S. effort--

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Thursday he is considering appointing an Ebola "czar" as the lead U.S. coordinator in the effort to contain the virus and that he remains opposed to a ban on travel from West Africa.

Obama met with aides who are involved in the Ebola fight and spoke to reporters afterward. He said "it may be appropriate" at some stage to put one person in charge of the effort. Some lawmakers have been urging him to take this step.

But on the pressure from lawmakers to impose a ban on travel from West Africa, Obama said experts tell him that "a flat-out travel ban is not the way to go" because current screening measures on travelers are working.

He said he has no philosophical objection to a travel ban but that some travelers might attempt to enter the United States under the radar and would avoid the screening measures, leading possibly to more Ebola cases not less.

(Reporting By Steve Holland and Jeff Mason; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-considering-appointing-ebola-czar-lead-u-234156173.html
I'm INTHESTICKS and I approved this message.
guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 5:30pm
Romney
inthesticks View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 5:32pm
Uh, I don't think so.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by inthesticks inthesticks wrote:

But on the pressure from lawmakers to impose a ban on travel from West Africa, Obama said experts tell him that "a flat-out travel ban is not the way to go"

Nobody said "flat-out" travel ban.  I'm sure they have their reasons.  It's probably for some greater good cause or something.   No outgoing travel restrictions from W. Africa, and we'll have to deal with it.  

I like the czar idea and I especially like Homeland Security taking over.   I've been saying to do that for awhile.  We could/will have outbreaks for quite awhile to come, but Homeland Security needs to take over,  and well, protect the homeland security.   Now we won't have as many CDC screw ups and better training.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 6:12pm
Albert,the discussion of a band on travel from infected countries, I am in favor of the band.But what makes me mad about the discussion is that all of the reporters refuse to acknowledge that we can have a travel band on people traveling from these countries,does not mean that we could not continue to fly aid into these infected countries.
 I have been supplied like this many times and I know that is possible and that it is done everyday. A C-130 can fly very close to the ground and lower it ramp and through out a parachute that expands and picks up the air. Then the load masters of the C-130 hit a switch and a C-130 full of supplies can be unloaded in seconds with the supplies on the ground and the C-130 and its crew never have any contact with the local people. Supplies can be flown in and no one exposed to Ebola. The ability of US C-130s to do this is almost unlimited. We can stop new cases from coming here and still supply all of the supplies that the African countries need. But no reporter has asked why this can not be done. It can be done.I consider it a conspiracy by the reporters and the government to not admit that supplies can be delivered and still not having knew cases of Ebola delivered to this country of any country.Johnray1
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:01pm
Johnray!- During world war II the Seabee's built and the Marines secured a 6000 ft runway on Espiritu Santo in the New Hebrides in less than 20 days. Not sure, but we could probably cut that in half today! Using choppers,from carriers they could have secure bases set up in days, we'd have to be invited though! The C-130 only has a range of about 2000 miles but can mid-air refuel. You can't just throw these types of operations together though, they take a ton of planning, communications and logistics with out which you just end up with a giant SNAFU and a lot of dead servicemen.   
Buy more ammo!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:04pm
I'm posting this mainly for the transcript of the interview between Megan Kelly & Frieden... I watched that interview & he struggled to answer simple questions, he sounded like an unprepared spokesperson, not the head of the CDC!

FNC’s The O’Reilly Factor October 15, 2014 8:01 p.m. Eastern

BILL O’REILLY: The Ebola situation gets even worse. That is the subject of this evening's Talking Points Memo. When President Obama cancels a fundraising trip, you know things are serious and that's what happened today. Mr. Obama meeting with his cabinet about the growing Ebola chaos in the USA instead of traveling.

Late last night, Texas health authorities announced a second healthcare worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has contracted Ebola. She is 29-year-old Amber Joy Vinson, a registered nurse who treated the man who died from Ebola Thomas Duncan, a Liberian national. That make two American nurses infected after treating Duncan. The other nurse, Nina Pham, remains in isolation, but the latest case is even more harrowing than the first because Ms. Vinson took Frontier Airlines Flight 1143 from Cleveland to Dallas on October 13th.

Apparently, she was carrying the Ebola virus. So now, everybody on that flight has it to be monitored as well as all the people they came into contact with you can see how Thomas Duncan coming into the USA on a false premises has led to disaster. As you may know, Talking Points has demanded that U.S. authorities stop admitting West Africans into America right now. We have also called for the resignation of Dr. Thomas Frieden, the head of the CDC because he opposes that. Last night on The Kelly File, Dr. Frieden was almost incoherent. 

MEGYN KELLY: Why not put a travel ban in place until we have shorn up the system? 

DR. THOMAS FRIEDEN: Above all do no harm. If we do things that are going to make it harder to stop the epidemic there, it's going to spread to other parts. 

KELLY: How is it going to make it harder to stop it over there?

FRIEDEN: Because you can't get people in and out.

KELLY: Why can't we have charter flights? 

FRIEDEN: You know, charter flights don't do the same thing commercial airliner do. 

KELLY: What do you mean? They fly in and fly out.

FRIEDEN: If we isolate these countries, what's not going to happen is disease staying there. It’s going to spread more, all over Africa and we’ll be at higher risk. 

O’REILLY: Does that make any sense to anybody? Anybody? It is just ridiculous. The man is spouting nonsense. 

BRIT HUME: His explanation, like previous ones that have been given for the reason for not imposing a travel ban in order to keep people from those infected areas out of this country for the time being, I thought, makes no sense. 

O’REILLY: And there could be even a more frightening scenario on the horizon. Marine Corps General John Kelly, who is in charge of the U.S. Southern Command, told the National Defense University that all hell could very well break loose in this country. 

GENERAL JOHN KELLY: If Ebola breaks out, in Haiti or in Central America, I think it is literally “Katy bar the door” in terms of the mass migration of Central Americans into the United States. 68,000 children essentially wandered across our border this year. They get into the country pretty much unimpeded. So, these populations will move to either run away from Ebola or if they have been – or in the fear of having been infected to get to the United States where they will be taken care of.

O’REILLY: General Kelly's assessment is speculative, but certainly possible. So now the federal government looks stupid. It underreacted to the Ebola threat. It still isn't imposing a travel ban from West Africa and our border is still porous in the south. That's what happens when leadership is weak. Dr. Frieden, out of there. He botched it. Period.

For everybody else, stay calm, but let your Senators and Congress people know you want that travel ban now. And that's the memo.

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:19pm
Hope the Ebola Czar has better results than the drug Czar did!
Buy more ammo!
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 9:14pm
arirish, I am not complaining about you,but I would like to know when the use of the word "Czar" became acceptable in our society. The word "Czar" is a Russian word. It is not an American word. Why has this administration insisted on using this word every since they have come to power. It is insulting to me.This administration has insisted on using this word in the US since they have come to power. I would rather that they use the use HMFIC instead of Czar. They have started from the first trying to get us to use Communist words instead of American words so that we could get use to being under a Communist rule. Johnray1
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 5:16am
The fed gov't will never ban commercial flights from W. Africa.   It's not what America is about.  They will jeopardize everything (and allow them to flee) just to save one person in W. Africa.  I like that approach, but it's a little misguided with this one.  It depends how you define "the greater good".  It's similar to the war on terror.  I would prefer to fight Isis in Iraq than in America.  Same philosophy.
GUEST View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GUEST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

arirish, I am not complaining about you,but I would like to know when the use of the word "Czar" became acceptable in our society. The word "Czar" is a Russian word. It is not an American word. Why has this administration insisted on using this word every since they have come to power. It is insulting to me.This administration has insisted on using this word in the US since they have come to power. I would rather that they use the use HMFIC instead of Czar. They have started from the first trying to get us to use Communist words instead of American words so that we could get use to being under a Communist rule. Johnray1

"Czar" has been used for centuries. It's not a communist or a Russian word. 

The term 'czar,' is a word of Balkan origin etymologically originating from the name "Caesar," as does the word 'tsar,' a title of sovereignty adopted by late Rurukid-dynasty .... rulers of Muscovy.

See this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czar_(political_term)

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 6:05am
Its fantastically usefull in scrabble too.  I got czarinas across two tripple word scores once.  Best score ever!  I won the game.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

Johnray1 -- Wrong again, as usual.

================================================================
According to Wikipedia:

Czar is an informal title for certain high-level officials in the United States and United Kingdom. Political czars can run or organize governmental departments, and may devote their expertise to a single area of work. The "czars" have various official titles such as adviser, director, administrator, or diplomatic envoy, but such titles are often quite long or awkward sounding.

In the United States, czars are generally executive branch officials appointed by the President either with Senate approval or without it. Some appointees outside the executive branch are called czars as well. Specific instances of the term are often a media creation.

During the latter stages of World War I, President Woodrow Wilson appointed financier Bernard Baruch to run the War Industries Board. This position was sometimes dubbed the "industry czar".

In the United States, the term czar has been used by the media to refer to appointed executive branch officials since at least the 1930s and then the 1940s under President Franklin D. Roosevelt.[4][5][6] In 1942, The Washington Post reported on the "executive orders creating new czars to control various aspects of our wartime economy."[7] Positions were created for a transportation czar, a manpower czar, a production czar, a shipping czar, and a synthetic rubber czar, all to solve difficult problems in coordinating the resources necessary to fight World War II.[1][8] Not only did the administration of President Roosevelt advocate their creation; in December 1944, Republicans in Congress advocated that a "food czar" position be created that would have almost unlimited control over food pricing and distribution.[9] Certain of Roosevelt's Cabinet secretaries were called "czars", despite having been duly confirmed by the Senate, at the point that their powers were increased by statute.

Since then, a number of ad hoc temporary as well as permanent United States Executive Branch positions have been established that have been referred to in this manner. The trend began again in earnest[1] when President Richard Nixon created two offices whose heads became known as "czars" in the popular press: drug czar in 1971,[10] and especially energy czar in December 1973[11] referring to William E. Simon's appointment as the head of the Federal Energy Administration.

Other examples of this usage include "drug czar" for the head of the Office of National Drug Control Policy – probably the best-known of all the "czars",[1] "terrorism czar" for a Presidential advisor on terrorism policy, "cybersecurity czar" for the highest-ranking Department of Homeland Security official on computer security and information security policy, and "war czar" to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Critics who charge that czars are unconstitutional ground their complaints in Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution, which states that the President may nominate "other public Ministers … by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate."[22] In this stance, a czar appointee is only legal if confirmed by the Senate; otherwise, they can not exist until they receive such consent. Based on their interpretation of the constitutional language, these critics argue that czars should be subject to Senate confirmation.

The issue is mostly touted by conservatives and Republicans, and during 2009 grew into a staple of anti-Obama activism.[

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czar_(political_term)
ozarkcountryboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 6:52am
Johnray1 -- Wrong again, as usual.

Why do you have to attack a person whenever you disagree with them?
As usual!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 7:09am
Whoa!  Johnray attacked no one.  He only complained at the errosion of the language.  I disagree with him on this, because I see it as the expansion of the language, but there is no need to be rude about it. 

Play nice children!
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Whoa!  Johnray attacked no one.  He only complained at the errosion of the language.  I disagree with him on this, because I see it as the expansion of the language, but there is no need to be rude about it. 

Play nice children!

Sorry. I was quoting someone else!
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 7:32am
Careful boys, girls, ladies and gentlemen this thread is starting to go political. South vs the North, DEM VS REP ect..,

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 7:36am
Nobody is being attacked here. I'm pointing out that Johnray1's "czar" comments are wrong. He evidently sees the "czar" word as being part of some vast Communist conspiracy against the US.

He was not complaining about the "erosion of he language"...he was saying that the current US administration is preparing the US for some sort of Communist takeover. I've pointed out his latest error.

Germ Nerdier View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 8:11am
Sticks,

Ok.
But use of words like "as usual" and "latest" can be construed as attack. At the very least it's confrontational. I understand where it comes from, but future discourse can rise above past comments.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 8:20am
shoulda
woulda
coulda

My replies to the indirect jabs at the current US Administration are no worse than the jabs themselves. Had I wanted to post attacks against someone, I would have done so directly...no pussy-footing around.

Veiled, indirect, and/or insinuating attacks will be answered in kind. Thank you.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 8:31am
I agree. Others have just as much in this as you do.

Was just pointing out where the impression of aggressive posting was coming from. Little words can have a huge impact on implied tone.

That was all.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Its fantastically usefull in scrabble too.  I got czarinas across two tripple word scores once.  Best score ever!  I won the game.
Nice one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Johnray was eluding to the connotation of the word Czar.
If you were to stop most Americans on the street and ask what the word Czar is or what it means to them...the answer would be something associated with Russia.

con·no·ta·tion
ˌkänəˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: connotation; plural noun: connotations

"an idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to its literal or primary meaning".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also took his comments as an "opinion"....We need to back down from the critic police state that we continue to see here...grammar swat police, and the excoriation some posters suffer when they try to make a point and do not articulate it perfectly.

I for one, feel as though my grammar, and long lost "English 101" lessons were at one point a suitable standard for posting my thoughts and ideas and opinions. I am kind of scared to make a long post now for fear of grammar, idea, or opinion criticism.

I have been as much to blame for criticizing a post. (Inthesticks post, to which i was wrong to do, and i apologize again).

What we are seeing is, inflated nerves, a bit of fear and anxiety.

Look people....in the last 5 weeks we have seen something that was far away, with potential threat, turn into a real serious, real word threat...ballooning into a catastrophic event.... If the powers in place cannot stop this here, in our own back yards we are in very real trouble, I believe this underlying fear is what is manifesting itself in the way of us attacking each other.

I saw this happen with swine flu, and with influenza before on these forums....but this time it is much worse.....and the situation appears to be heading towards a much worse conclusion.....it seems as though as things get more out of control with the epidemic, we get more out of control here.

The above is just my humble opinion from my observations, and lessons from my own actions.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 8:56am
Well said pheasant.

I certainly hope it didn't appear I was picking on sticks.
If that's how it was construed, I apologize.

Was trying to keep the discussion from spiraling. Sorry
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 9:02am
Its all good, sticks can certainly hold his own. The point and fact of the matter is: this is a very tense moment for us, CDC, the government, the general public and the world....and it's showing.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 9:30am
Very astute observation.

Tension level in the forum is like the Google search barometer.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 9:44am
Thank you, Pheasant, you articulated my thoughts perfectly.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 10:19am
Onefluober. Onefluuber.... Would not have gone ober well. Tzar may derive from Caesar but sounds quite Russian to me. But I don't know. Mostly read it in Tom Clancys.
"And then there were none."
Earth Abides View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earth Abides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

Onefluober. Onefluuber.... Would not have gone ober well. Tzar may derive from Caesar but sounds quite Russian to me. But I don't know. Mostly read it in Tom Clancys.

I believe that ya'll are just confused because the word is used in a derogatory manner by conservative media to attack Obama and Democrats as being Socialists/Communists like Russia/USSR, etc.  Kind of like they hijacked the word and made it have a negative connotation, despite it being an entirely neutral word used most commonly as a title for someone whose job would perhaps be best described as "Point Person" or "the Man/Woman Behind the Man/Woman."
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 10:34am
Really? That's how it's being used? That's how social democracy is viewed?
What do same said think of Canada? As a Canadian, I view our system as a social democracy regardless of the party in office.

I am clearly confused.
Would love clarification in an "off topic" thread.
7laws View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7laws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 10:52am
Ron Klain is the new Czar.
7laws View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7laws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 10:53am
Next there will be special treatment centers located in Death Valley that will be opened.
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by 7laws 7laws wrote:

Ron Klain is the new Czar.

This man is a political hack chief of staff for the vice presidents Biden and Gore.

Just what we need a man with no experience for the job he is assigned to do, OH I am wrong the Ebola issue is not a security issue it is a political issue got to make sure it does not taint the commander in chief (that is his job).

He will do well in a news conference just like the Good Soda Pop Doctor running his mouth at the CDC.

God Help us.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:07pm
I wish everyone would STOP apologizing!!  Are we to walk on egg shells around some members now?  So people are allowed to bully & we mods are not allowed to call them on it?  A dig is a dig!  Post your post & don't provoke!  This kumbaya is making my stomach turn!  Mods should be tough.  If they aren't you'll continue to see threads like we've seen & the destructive posts will get the upper hand.
CoderOne View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoderOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:12pm
Hate to bring politics into the mix, but really, the ex-chief of staff to Gore and Biden, probably two of the most stupid people on the planet. And the new Czar is going to be reporting to Susan Rice, she of lying fame in the Bengazi disaster that killed a sitting U.S. Ambassador. The Dumbocrats never got over the Sixties and have no business being in charge of anything. God help us all.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by CoderOne CoderOne wrote:

Hate to bring politics into the mix, but really, the ex-chief of staff to Gore and Biden, probably two of the most stupid people on the planet. And the new Czar is going to be reporting to Susan Rice, she of lying fame in the Bengazi disaster that killed a sitting U.S. Ambassador. The Dumbocrats never got over the Sixties and have no business being in charge of anything. God help us all.

Uncalled for. It would be wise of you to stop there.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:21pm
Great posts. Good job pheasant.

Sticks is fine and not too far off the mark in some areas. In this type of situation I'm not sure if we should bash the sitting President since this mess fell in his lap. If the crud ever hits the fan, the gov't could falter. As time goes on, extremist groups will show up here as they hate the gov't and like to recruit for their plight. Bashing the President and gov't brings them here. It actually happened during the bird flu hype 2005 - 2006. Extremist groups messaging members. When I disabled the messages at that point, I had torture and death threats sent to me via email. Of course my response was - let's see what you've got. We had law enforcement ferreting them out on here, groups from the brawl-hall.com forum turning this place upside down, other forums. I proceeded to ban hundreds of people and a lot of innocent people got caught up in it.

When/if this happens again in the future, if we stay united and work together, they won't stand a chance. Fighting among each other is pointless, especially over such pointless things.

This forum is not like any others and is a one of a kind. You're all very smart so hold it together through until the end.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

I wish everyone would STOP apologizing!!  Are we to walk on egg shells around some members now?  So people are allowed to bully & we mods are not allowed to call them on it?  A dig is a dig!  Post your post & don't provoke!  This kumbaya is making my stomach turn!  Mods should be tough.  If they aren't you'll continue to see threads like we've seen & the destructive posts will get the upper hand.

X2
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by inthesticks inthesticks wrote:

Uncalled for. It would be wise of you to stop there.

Please Don't threaten.  There are other views than yours on this forum.  How about saying... "I completely disagree with that, they did a wonderful job in my opinion!"  Why must you always attack?  This is not a democrat forum nor is it only a republican forum... it is a mixture of people from all over the world.  And people with opinion other than yours shouldn't be afraid to post.

My only problem & where we could agree is that it must stay relevant to the topic.  And it's clear it might be heading south.  Any topic that gets that far off could be moved to Off Topic or if you'd like to debate politics that would be the place to do it.  But if someone posts something you don't agree with I would appreciate it if you would just state why you disagree with them instead of going on a warpath.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:54pm
Albert!!!

Wonderfully articulated!

We all should heed those words.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:55pm
Jen,

It didn't sound like a threat to me. I thought it was more in the line of what Albert just wrote.
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 12:57pm
Stating facts is not bashing the president.

Ron Klain's resume: From recounts to stimulus to Ebola
Gregory Korte, USA TODAY 2:47 p.m. EDT October 17, 2014

He's president of Case Holdings, which manages the assets of AOL founder Steve Case, and general counsel of Case's venture capital firm, Revolution.

Case said Klain would take a leave of absence and planned to return to his company. "Ron is a talented manager and a wise counselor who understands government, business and the non-profit sectors," Case said in a statement. "We look forward to welcoming him back soon."

As Biden's chief of staff, Klain had a key role in implementing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and signed off on one of its most controversial projects: a $535 million loan guarantee to solar panel maker Solyndra.

"Sounds like there are some risk factors here — but that's true of any innovative company that POTUS would visit," Klain wrote to Department of Energy officials May 24, 2010, a day before Obama visited a company factory. "It looks like it is OK to me, but if you feel otherwise, let me know."

Earlier in his career, he served as the staff director of the Senate Democratic Leadership Committee and chief counsel of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"I've known Ron Klain for over 20 years. He is smart, aggressive and levelheaded; exactly the qualities we need in a czar to steer our response to Ebola. He is an excellent choice," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., in a statement.

Klain served as the top lawyer on the Gore-Lieberman Recount Committee after the 2000 election and was portrayed by actor Kevin Spacey in the 2008 film Recount.

He is a graduate of Georgetown University and Harvard Law School. He served as a law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Byron White.

He is married to Monica Medina, an environmental lawyer at the National Geographic Society who previously headed the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the Obama Administration. They have three children.

This man is a political hack based on his resume The Solyndra issue is enough of a reason to disqualify his judgment

Susan Rice did lie to the nation about Bengazi thus she is a LIAR
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 1:05pm
My chickens are out and there is a stray cat in the yard.
"And then there were none."
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 1:13pm
I lost My Cat Last night.
coyote View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 1:16pm
I'M SO SORRY..
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2014 at 1:22pm
pheasant,

Lost as in gone? Or lost as in gone outside somewhere?

Either way, very sorry.
((((((((((hugs))))))))))
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic