Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Quick Announcement about new Forum Rooms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick Announcement about new Forum Rooms
    Posted: October 25 2014 at 12:34pm
Greetings.   We added a couple new forum rooms on here, or sub forums.  One is the Introduce Yourself Here forum, and the other is the new one, which is Off Topic Discussion.  In the main general discussion forum you can still post breaking important news that is off topic of course.  Nothing has changed.  If you want to talk about anything completely different, feel free to post it in the Off Topic forum.   Ultimately we want the OT forum to have the latest breaking news for important current events happening now such as with the shootings, etc.. similar to a "current events" type of forum and with breaking news.  

Anyway, If we ever have anything too crazy going in any of the threads, then the thread will be relocated to the new forum room called "the dungeon".   We might have to move some of the current topics in the new OT forum there to clean it up.  

Either way, you're all fairly sharp and you can post in any of the General Discussion forums about anything. 

Latest News:  A post that doesn't have anything to do with pandemics, flus, ebola, etc...  it will have to be moved to General Discussion, with nothing indicating the post/thread was moved.   Don't panic though, it's in the GD forum. 

A thanks to Hachiban for the suggestion on the new OT forum.

Best to all,
A

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 12:40pm
I need to also add - Feel free to start your own personal thread in Introduce Yourself Here.  You can even post as a "guest" if you prefer.   We recognize most of the names.   If can be your very own thread for down the road and you can yell about anything you like.   Confused
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 1:01pm
Awesome! Thumbs Up  LOVE the Dungeon idea!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 2:36pm

..........................................................The Dungeon.............................Ha. Ha. Ha.....Evil Smile I love it.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 2:53pm
Cool!
gady71 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gady71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 3:51pm
Nice idea !
I do apologize for my poor english. Prepare for the Worst and Hope for the Best!
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 7:48pm
You're welcome, Albert :) also lol to the dungeon. Makes me think of Harry Potter lol
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 6:41pm
But there are trolls in dungeons.....
There's a bad moon on the rise
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 1:42am
Trolls hide under bridges.  The dungeon is worse. ...............................................I am there! Ha Ha Ha! Evil Smile
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2014 at 10:22am
Albert:  Don't panic though, it's in the GD forum. 

heh heh heh heh heh.. you said "the GD forum".. heh heh heh heh heh

Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 8:11am
Albert- Could you add one for influenza? There are so many posts about Ebola that unless I'm here 24/7 any Flu news is lost. Maybe in the emerging disease forum.
Buy more ammo!
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 9:23am
Originally posted by sleusha sleusha wrote:

Albert:  Don't panic though, it's in the GD forum. 

heh heh heh heh heh.. you said "the GD forum".. heh heh heh heh heh

I know. It was instantaneous. poor forum, the next best is Gen Dis for general disrespect. Abreviations can be funny haha. How unfortunate for General Discussion.
"And then there were none."
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 9:30am
Originally posted by arirish arirish wrote:

Albert- Could you add one for influenza? There are so many posts about Ebola that unless I'm here 24/7 any Flu news is lost. Maybe in the emerging disease forum.

It's odd how Avian Flu Talk has evolved more into Ebola Talk. I suppose ebolainfo.org is the official Ebola forum of AFT. If anything i think it would be more appropriate to create a new forum here dedicated stricktly to Ebola rather than the other way around. The one drawback though is too many forums and sub forums gets one buried as well. Personally I'm not sure what would be best with that. Perhaps I could start by butting out asyour question was not directed to me. Now there's a start.
"And then there were none."
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 9:34am
onefluover- I value your opinion and any suggestions you have! I'm just saying it's getting harder and harder to find info about flu and the season is right around the corner!
Buy more ammo!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 11:19am
Duhhh!  Helllo!  Swineflu.org!  Wink

How easy you all forget... Cry

There is not much news on flu right now, seasonal/H1N1.  There is an updated CDC map with shows 5 states are already "Local" in geographical spread.  I will update sf.org with most recent maps as soon as Albert can fix my Insert Image problems over there.  But until then... here you go, map usually updates every two weeks so we are due an update this weekend.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 11:22am
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 11:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic