Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Gas prices? What is everyone paying?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas prices? What is everyone paying?
    Posted: February 24 2015 at 11:47am
I paid 2.95$ in Northern Orange County, yesterday :(
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 11:02am
I saw on the news that the oil refinery workers are on strike also so that is probably contributing to the higher cost also. It has gone up here also $1.99 in OKC, $2.09 in SW Oklahoma. They need to go back to work, lol.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 7:41pm
The new gas tax plus the oil refinery explosion in Southern CA contributed to state wide increases :/
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 6:12pm
2.09 here last Thursday.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 5:51pm
$2.88, gas has went up about 60c since last month.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 8:49pm
.769 cents a tablespoon here. Unless if the tablespoon is from the Buckhorn Exchange; then closer to a penny.
"And then there were none."
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 8:06pm
It's going up here back up to $1.79
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 2:45pm
I would buy a few jerry-cans and store some.  The bounce may be a while but it will come.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 11:42am
I'm seeing $2.09 in the far Western Chicago suburbs.  

Christ, that is what gas cost back in the 1970s!  The adjusted-for-inflation cost of $2.09 must be about $1.50 or so.  

What goes down, goes back up again.  I wouldn't go out and buy a Ford Excursion right now.
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 10:45am
$2.27 yesterday - still seems to be dropping here.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 10:23am
If you sign up and report gas prices, you have a chance to win a 100$ gas card. I am a bit too lazy to do that, so I just use it to find "cheap" gas. lol
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 9:22am
I don't use GasBuddy, maybe I should. 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 9:29pm
I paid 2.19 today in San Bernardino County, but gas near me in Riverside County is 2.23. Weirdly enough, gas was cheaper in the Northern OC at 2.19. That made no sense to me, to be honest.

Do you guys use the GasBuddy website/app?
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 8:52pm
Gas was up .03 today :(  1.79.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 11:06am
Diesel has dropped to less than a dollar a litre here in some places. It was $1.60 ish so that's quite a fall. I don't buy petrol so have no idea what that has fallen to.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 9:45am
The fall might be starting to slow down here.  It was only down a penny today from this time last week.  1.76... Ermm
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Sad but true, FluMom - truck sales are up now that gas prices are falling.

Surely people know gas will go up again? lol

Even when gas was high I did not consider buying a smaller vehicle, I love my Ford Explorer too much, lol. For safety reasons when my teenage daughter wanted a vehicle, I bought her a used Ford-F150. My "small" vehicle is a Colorado truck.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 6:41pm
Just paid 1.55 with my 30cent discount from my grocery store.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 6:16pm
LOL The Hachiback! That's so clever. I was almost considering doing that because honestly, all of the other lanes were almost completely empty. It made no sense at all because they had no reason to ride my tail lol.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 9:03am
"The Hachiback". Good one JD!
Buy more ammo!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 5:08am
"The Hachiback".... LOL, now that's funny!

I also do the slow down on tailgaters, So Annoying!  Although on a lot of our roads there is no place to pass, so they are stuck with me if they want to ride my bumper.  It's a bit of a risk, you never know when someone is going to lose it & try to force you off the road though.  Some people are just stupid.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 2:20am
Cool - I think you should christen it "The Hachiback" .
Whenever someone does that to me, I like to see how slow they're prepared to go before they get tired of seeing the back of my car. I set the cruise control and take it down one mile per hour at a time so it doesn't look deliberate. It's like the frog in boiling water experiment - you can get people down into the 40s on the freeway before they realise what's going on and pull past    
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 11:18pm
I used GasBuddy, the phone app/website, and the cheapest gas near me was 2.29$. I ended up getting a 2013 Kia Rio LX Hatchback lol. A Prius tailgated me like half way down 60 West for no reason because every other lane had open space......so I just got out of the lane. It got annoying, to be honest. :/
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 9:17am
Sad but true, FluMom - truck sales are up now that gas prices are falling.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2015 at 10:01pm
FluMom,you are exactly right.Johnray1
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2015 at 9:29pm
Guys, listen to the old lady...this too shall pass. Don't go out and buy that big gas sucking truck or SUV because a year or two from now you will be singing the blues. Gas that goes down this fast will also go back up at the same speed.

Years ago after the Gas Embargo was over and gas got cheap people bought the gas guzzlers. I never forgot and I still purchase my cars based on high MPG.

Yes this is nice but I suggest you do the math and if you save $25.00 a week now on that cheap gas put that money in your savings account, you will be happy down the road.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2015 at 9:23pm
$2.27 at a Shell station with my Ralph's card discount.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2015 at 8:51pm
Nooooooo! gas is going up again, I paid $1.59 just outside of OKC today. At the gas station I paid $1.56 last Sunday was up to $1.69 today. I kind of laughed at myself as I drove on by the $1.69 thinking I could get it cheaper down the road (when just a couple years ago it was $3.90 a gallon) anyway I did find it cheaper down the road, I just got lucky!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 10:35am
Techno - my brother was just telling me what he's paying for fuel over there (he lives in Swindon) and I felt bad because it keeps getting cheaper here. $2.30 is the lowest I've seen in San Diego. I'm driving a lot more and I'm still using less than $30 worth of fuel a week.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2015 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

I saw on the news that it could go as low as $1.25 a gallon!
Not over here it wont, the lowest we are likely to see is ÂŁ6.00 a gallon which is about $9.00!  Seriously! Those are our prices! 

Do you still want to complain about your taxes over that side of the pond?

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 6:24pm
I saw on the news that it could go as low as $1.25 a gallon!
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 12:21pm
We're expecting another price drop here mid week, they've told us it's coming in advance!
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2015 at 3:36pm
2.39$ closest to me at Arco. In my hometown though, cheapest is 2.17, also an Arco. NorCal gas is usually cheaper than SoCal.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2015 at 1:31pm
I paid 1.77 today at a Shell Station.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 6:41pm
It's pretty amazing!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 6:33pm
Wow, Penham you can't be beat!  It will be interesting to see how low it goes.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 6:19pm
$1.56 today in OKC
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 3:20pm
We had 3 price drops last week. I can't tell you what it's at now as I've filled up in the last 3 weeks and won't until the week after next but it made it onto the evening news. 

What was it Dimitri Orlov wrote about a sign that financial collapse was imminent? It was something about the price of oil suddenly dropping. I'll try to dig out his book this evening and will report back. 

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 1:54pm
$1.84 a few days ago.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 11:01am
$2.43 in SoCal - that's ridiculously cheap for San Diego. Actually had the gas gauge reading past full for the first time in a long time
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2015 at 8:56pm
Alberta - 78.9/liter so $2.986/US Gallon

It's only fair we pay more - we make it here!
Cherish each moment
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 9:50pm
Don't get too excited got this email today from T. Boone Pickens don't know how I got on his email list but here it is:

During an appearance on CNBC's morning Squawk Box program, T. Boone Pickens again predicted that the price of Brent crude oil - the world price - would be back up to $90 to $100 in 12 to 18 months.

Pickens pointed out that OPEC is no longer a cartel, but "it's a trade association." Saudi Arabia has the hard currency resources to ride out $60 oil but "countries like Venezuela and Nigeria are broke."

Pickens said, "the cheapest oil in the world is right here in the United States" and that the amount of oil being drilled from both traditional wells and shale deposits has helped the American economy and "amounts to a trillion dollar tax cut."

75 oil rigs had been "dropped" in the past three weeks and he wouldn't be surprised if 40 percent of rigs were taken out of service in the U.S. until prices recover.

"And prices will recover," Pickens said, explaining that excess inventory would be consumed and "demand will go back up" and oil and natural gas producers would bring their rigs back on line.

He also talked about the Pickens Plan, promising that "heavy trucks and railroads" would lead the way to transition away from largely imported diesel to domestic natural gas. "Natural gas is still cheaper than diesel," he said, "but America needs an energy plan and the Pickens Plan is a plan for America."

onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 8:35pm
Fricking St Gouge, Utah! $2.64.
"And then there were none."
Kay View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 4:30pm
Gas 1.92 Cool
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 3:37pm

Me too!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic