Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Coming Blackouts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Coming Blackouts
    Posted: November 18 2014 at 6:26am

The Coming Blackout Epidemic

http://peakoil.com/consumption/the-coming-blackout-epidemic

"“Blackouts during the last ten years in Europe and Northern America have demonstrated an increasing likelihood of supra-regional blackouts with accompanying large economic losses,” Allianz observ​ed. “Large-scale, supra-regional blackouts are increasingly a realistic scenario."

onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 8:35am
In St George Utah the tenth blackout, entire city, this year, last night. All at night and none by weather. I'm starting to think they're experiments.
"And then there were none."
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 9:14am
My friends in Inglewood had blackouts on too a couple days ago. My cable and internet have been having a lot of outages recently too :/.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 10:13am
The one thing I feel can bring things crashing down the fastest is a sustained power outage in an urban area. After a day or so the water stops flowing, no food, no refrigeration...a few days of that and it is anarchy. If it is more than one city...a region perhaps, it will look like the end of the world in short order.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 1:29pm
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 5:56pm
I Love being off the Grid, one less thing to worry about.

Electricity will be our Achilles heel.  The world stops without it.

Albert's server will go down and we will not be able to post.  What then?

Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 8:21pm
Someone said they had pigeons, but I can't remember who it was.  Might have been Hachi, but she said she could only get them to fly as far as oneflu.  LOL
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2014 at 8:29pm
haha it was me! I don't have any at the moment though! Wink
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 12:22pm

China can damage US power grid: NSA

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/china-can-damage-us-power-grid-nsa/story-e6frfkui-1227130205704

"At a hearing of the House intelligence committee, Admiral Michael Rogers, NSA director and head of US Cyber Command, said adversaries are performing electronic "reconnaissance" on a regular basis so that they can be in a position to disrupt the industrial control systems that run everything from chemical facilities to water treatment plants.

"All of that leads me to believe it is only a matter of when, not if, we are going to see something dramatic," he said."

Kay View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 12:53pm
Best plan is stay out of the city and keep food and a way to keep whats yours, yours.  Watching the
walking dead on TV doesn't help my imagination.  I can imagine hoardes of people scavaging for life support if something like that happens for a extended time.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 1:07pm
This morning there were a flock of pigeons in my back yard playing and eating gleefully while the chickens were in their protected area and the first thing I thought was oh shoot, the powers out and Hachi sent me a messege. But then I looked closer and they were doves.
"And then there were none."
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 2:09pm
LOL!  Light the first signal fire oneflu... maybe Hachi's pigeons can't get to TN but we can figure something out, surely!
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 3:23pm
We had a partial internet blackout yesterday. I called the internet provider and they said it would be fixed today. I live 4 hours outon of St. Louis (Ferguson) so needless to say, I was a little freaked out...lol.
Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 8:29pm
sleusha,go stay with a relative or in a cheap motel for a few weeks . Four hours is to close to live to what might happen.Johnray1
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 9:33pm
I agree with Johnray.  Be careful sleusha.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2014 at 11:40pm
sleusha,according to some FBI reports,The KKK and the Black Panthers have sizable numbers in the area. All of these people in both extremists organizations are crazy. Plus,it is believed that ISIS has several people infiltrated among the black groups. These people will just wait and watch until things start failing apart and getting violent,then they are trained experts at making a big fire out of what should be a small fire. If Ferguson explodes,there is no telling how far the damage and burning and killing  will go. So get get as far away from it as you can.

If I were a black person or a white person,living in Ferguson, I would be getting out and going as far as I could get from there. In a worse case senerio,the police and the National Guard could very well lose the first encounter and it will go down hill from there. If Ferguson explodes,the vast majority of the killing and burning will not be done by the people who live there. It will be done by outsiders who came there just to kill and burn. If you live within one fuel load of a car,you are in danger. Johnray1
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 5:13am
Very well put Johnray!
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

sleusha,according to some FBI reports,The KKK and the Black Panthers have sizable numbers in the area. All of these people in both extremists organizations are crazy. Plus,it is believed that ISIS has several people infiltrated among the black groups. These people will just wait and watch until things start failing apart and getting violent,then they are trained experts at making a big fire out of what should be a small fire. If Ferguson explodes,there is no telling how far the damage and burning and killing  will go. So get get as far away from it as you can.

If I were a black person or a white person,living in Ferguson, I would be getting out and going as far as I could get from there. In a worse case senerio,the police and the National Guard could very well lose the first encounter and it will go down hill from there. If Ferguson explodes,the vast majority of the killing and burning will not be done by the people who live there. It will be done by outsiders who came there just to kill and burn. If you live within one fuel load of a car,you are in danger. Johnray1

Meh guess you don't remember the 1992 LA riots and the Korean shop owners. They drew the line and held it, force on force. Why should citizens have to run from these scum bags. Law abiding citizens have every right to defend themselves with deadly force. I suggest everyone act accordingly HOOAH.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 6:59am

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 7:01am
You are right also Lopper, but for those who don't have the means maybe they should leave.  Also if I think about my own family... if I lived there.  Would I be able to make a stand with the fire power I currently have, sure... but would I want to keep my 10 year old daughter there with the chance that things might get ugly... no.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 3:04pm
Jen 147,good thinking.Johnray1
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2014 at 12:16pm
Detroit had a massive citywide power outage today. So far 1/3 of locations got power back. Rest should return tonight.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/02/detroit-power-outage/19777223/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic