Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips > Pets & Animals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

How many people on this forum have cats?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many people on this forum have cats?
    Posted: March 12 2006 at 4:58pm
I am worried once H5N1 hits the US what my plans will be with my three cats.  My two older cats don't really care about going out but my younger cats darts out the door every given chance.  
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:01pm
my dad has a cat, a pretty black and white named kitti and she hunts birds all the time
I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:04pm
My cat "Grace" loves to hung birds and then plants them on our doorstep.  She climbs the haybales in our barn to get to the top and then pounces on the birds.   
Angel
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:06pm
cat lovers! whatever you do do not visit the Afghanastan thread.  someone poseing under my user name has been telling cat jokes. I think it was fla -medic. he's a computer genius.
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:10pm
Yea right Corn....blaming fla-medic.   CAT LOVER'S UNITE!!!!!!
Angel
Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:12pm
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:16pm
pretty kitty
I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:16pm
What a great picture!!!   I knew we would have some "cat lovers" on board. 
Angel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:17pm
I had given that alot of thought also...but kids and I have spent the day indoors playing cards(and of course I peak in here now and then,but stayed signed on)....and today I watched the kitten and the pup playing away and how much they amuse my children...and my thought is they along with me and the kids will stay in...we love the pets dearly and if they are portected as well as we are..then they should be ok..and beside I could not get rid of the pup she i my instvac(when I am messy)..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by Corn Corn wrote:

cat lovers! whatever you do do not visit the Afghanastan thread.  someone poseing under my user name has been telling cat jokes. I think it was fla -medic. he's a computer genius.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:30pm
Geezh, Corn.  THANKS

Glad I had the foresight to belong to more than one board!    
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:39pm

-We have 3 cats -- and may inherit two more. I still have to find the $ to stock up on cat supplies. Especially for the prescription food one of them eats! They are all indoor cats.

Corn -- I think you need to go to the Tiki Bar and buy Fla_Medic a drink...

steve 101 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve 101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:56pm

I have 9 cats and 3 dogs. They are family. We are all in this together. They stay regardless of any official advice to the contrary. I have stocked up on their food and they will quarantine in the house with me.

To all those people who are thinking of getting rid of their pets, i have only one question to ask

would you get rid of your children if you thought they may get the BF?

IMO there is no difference between any form of life. Even Jesus said 'Whatsoever you do for another you do for me' or very close to that.  He did not say only humans. he meant everything

Gwyphn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyphn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 6:11pm
I have four cats. They are reluctantly becoming indoor only animals.
For generations we have lived not wisely but too well. Now we must pay.
kayeeng3 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayeeng3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 6:50pm
We have two cats, they are mostly DH cats, the two dogs are mostly mine.  The cats don't usually show much interest in going outside.  they will stand at the Garage door and look out. that is about it.
kaye in Colorado
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:00pm

I have two babies, well the one you can see in my avatar is Coco(fixed) is 3 in Sept, and we  also  have a 1 year, male (fixed) who is also Siamese.  I've had Siamese all my life and wouldn't live without one.

His birthday was last weekend and my daughter and son-in-law, and Baby Granddaughter were here for part of the week.  So they decided to buy dessert one nite.  They had Safe way put Happy Birthday Sully on it as a joke, well when they went to pay her she asked if Sully was a little boy, kids laughed and said Yes.

So on his birthday we have a picture of him in my husband's arms, blowing out a candle.   I forgot mine don't go outside except on leash.

We also have an African Grey Parrot and a miniature Pincher

Elizabeth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:08pm
I have one cat, and she's mainly indoors during the winter, so she's used to staying in right now.  She likes to go out with us to do the gardening though, so spring and summer could be a problem.  She's just going to have to stay in all the time when bird flu gets here.  There is no other way to keep her.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:17pm
We have one cat and 4 dogs-they are all outdoors during the day and indoors during rainy/cold weather or at night. sleep on our couch,, chairs and bed. the dogs are getting a kennel built, or else I would just walk dogs all day when it hits here-the cat will have to be retrained. She cries now by the door to get outin the morning, but she'll have to readjust -justlike the rest of the family.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:22pm

worrywart, good for you,  she'll probably test your Patience before this is all over.  Your doing the right thing. 

Do you know that the average outdoor cat age is 7 years, whereas the average indoor cat is 18, we have had two Siamese that lived 21 & 22 years old.

Cars, dogs, people, and now they have to fear birds too, world is upside down. IMO

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:27pm

Reading this makes me glad that my pup will only be about 20 lbs when she is full grown...I have a cat that size(the Ole cat)...lol....

The ole cat loves to go outside...but I have a screened in back deck she may have to learn to live with just that..and she would have to share with the pup...our kitten has only gone as far as the patio door to the back deck..so i think she would be ok with quarantine....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:38pm
Siameselade-the cat IS testing me now   When I don't jump out of bed in the morning when the alarm rings, she jumps on my face and starts pouding without mercy. If i still don't get up, she'll gather up the dogs for team work-she'll open the inside screendoor with her claws, then the 4 dogs throw themselves against the outside door and all 5 of them go running, laughing at me 
All those critters are expensive when it comes to stocking up food for them, but i could not get myself to get rid of them. What the heck-we can always macaroni and cheese while they feast!!
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:38pm
Check out the cat and kitten that are hot on Corn's trail on the Afghanastan thread.  
Angel
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 8:09pm

I surrender! I didn't mean anything Angel.

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by Falcon Falcon wrote:

pretty kitty
  Thanks.  That is "Seven".  18.75 pounds of pure love and affection.  I'm 48, and 7 is about four now.  He'll be the last companion animal I will ever have.

He's been an indoor cat.  I live in the center of a large city and it's just not safe to let your cats roam around here.  I'll not have to worry about him dragging in the BF.  I have an 2nd story apartment in a four-plex, with huge windows on the north side, 4' wide and 6' tall.  he spends quite a bit of time watching the birds in the trees because the branches of the trees come within a few feet of the windows.  It's like TV for cats, LOL.

I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Gwyphn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyphn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 2:46pm
Three of my four cats are pretty happy staying inside now. There are still longing looks out the window.

My other cat will do just about anything to sqeeze out the door when possible. For instance the UPS man coming to the door. Arrgh! Any ideas on making him a happier indoor cat would be gladly accepted.
For generations we have lived not wisely but too well. Now we must pay.
endman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 2:58pm
I heard that in the last days people will not have any cats or dogs or birds
I don’t remember where
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:05pm

I have one Siamese, a 3 yr old, who is afraid to go out.  The younger one he's just turned 1, he tries to sneak out with our little dog. 

I have actually hit him for it.  I don't normally discipline them, will speak to them when they're bugging the bird, but that's it.

Anyhow the younger one starts bugging my hubby about 5 am to get up.  As he's older I think it's around 6 now. Hubby has given up complaining to me as cats can do no wrong. Besides before we got married I told him the Siamese would be with me forever. Different cats but still 2 Siamese. Hubby complains somtimes, wait til he gets home tonite they broke his piggy bank and he's had it a long time. Where did the rest of the thread go?? Okay page 2. Somebody should have told me, I thought I was talking to myself.

Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:11pm

I have one outdoor cat that likes to come in to visit everyday. Then I have one adult cat that goes outside everytime he feels like it. I had tried to stop this forever but dang near killed myself trying to keep him inside. Then on top of the two adults we have two 8 week old kittens. So we have four cats total.

I wish I could figure out a way to train them to stay away from the door when I open it. I've used a spray bottle and that doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to keep the indoor cats safe. I don't know if I could ever get the outdoor cat to stay inside. He's a very tempermental tom cat.

Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:11pm
WE have eight cats. There are three siamese and  three strays that we took in - they are all inside. We also have a feline leukemia positive cat that stays in a separate part of our house.

The last cat is an outside cat to keep the mice out of the airconditioning hoses of our van. She is often in our garage and she'll have to stay there during bf. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:17pm
I have already decided that the pets will stay indoors once B/F gets near here...that includes the fat ole cat..the kitten does not go out and well the pup she is so little(6lbs) she is scared to go any further then the back deck...yes I have a mess to clean up...but I guess this would be my pratice
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:18pm

try banging together to pot lids, they don't like loud noises. Or slappping your hands together. You got to get serious on this or you might lose them Ballons popping

Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 6:05pm
Siam~I'd not thought of banging lids together. I'm sure that will work. I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the idea.
Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 7:10pm
We have 4 indoor cats and 5 outdoor cats. I'm sure the indoor cats will be fine none of them ever go outside. The 5 outdoor strays that I feed I do worry about whether they will make it through or not.
detpat View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 7:27pm
i have 3 cats, one, who is my close friend, named jinx, likes to escape from the house.  we nicknamed him adventure boy.  the others are fat and happy, our biggest is named teddy and he facilitates the escape of jinx by pushing out the window screens with his big ass.

besides without cats i won't have anybody to piss in my holster box.
                        pat 
never underestimate the power of human stupidity
debtrag View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debtrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 8:11pm
I have 2 indoor cats 1 porch cat and 15+ (at last count and much to my boyfriends dismay) outdoor barn cats.  The ones in will stay in, the ones  will have to stay out but I may be able to pen a few of them up in a 6x6 outdoor run off my catshed.  They don't all get along so I will have to make adjustments and decisions like euthanizing a couple that have been battling mild illnesses since kittenhood.  I don't want them to get sick and die slowly should there be no vet available to medicate them.  I also don't want to have real serious contact with them other than feeding and watering them if it gets real bad.  Also 4 dogs - 1 in and 3 out.  If I see that they are getting sick then they will have to be euthanized in some way (1st choice veterinarian), same with the cats but they will probably disappear and you won't find them to be able to assist them.  For those of you with garages you could build an attached pen with rabbit wire and 2x4's so they could get outside enjoyment.  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 9:18pm
good points Debtrag, your trying to avoid suffering.  I agree with your planning.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 10:31pm

Cats are pretty smart animals.  Unfortunately their instincts drive them to hunt anything that produces movement and noise.

I only have one to worry about fortunately, and he's been a housecat from the beginning.  Before I got him his previous owners left him outside much of the time, which I never understood because this is a big city and pets don't normally last very long when they spend the majority of the time outdoors.

It didn't take very long for 7 ( I have no idea what his previous owners named him) to learn that I didn't want, nor was I going to tolerate his "lust" for outdoor adventure.  I have always lived in second story apartments ( more plus than minus) and can leave the mini-blinds and drapes open around the clock which gives him plenty to watch.  He'll sit  on tables and in the houseplants next to the windows, hell, I even widened the window sills to accommodate his need for communing with nature.  He's as content as any cat I have ever seen.  He still trys to follow me out sometimes, but it's more that he wants to be with me than to go roaming around outside.

They will adjust to indoor only living.

If you have a cat that "trys" for the door when you open it I would suggest that you do the same thing I did when I first got 7.  If he was near the door looking to make an exit I would pick him up, pet him a few times, open the door and then set him back inside as I shut the door.  It takes about a week of doing this before they quit trying for an exit everytime you open the door.

Cats are "place" animals as oppossed to dogs which are "people" oriented".  A dog will follow you anywhere, a cat will not because they are very pensive about unknown environments.  If they don't know or have forgotten what is on the other side of a door they are extremely cautious about going out it.  Curious? Yes indeed.  But they are careful when they go into unknown places.

You just can't screw up once you decide to make a cat an indoor only model.  You can't keep them inside for two weeks and then one day decide to let them go out.  It sends a mixed message to them and then you have to go through all the nonsense again of picking them up and petting them while you are making your way through the exit.  tha's too much work to put yourself through and very confusing to the cat.

"Kitty greens" are a big help also.  Most of the time they want outside for the grass to chew on.  It helps them with hair ball vs digestive tract issues.  Provide some grass in an indoor window planter.

I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 3:47am
AuntBones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 6:49am
I have two  stray cats that adopted me. They are staying indoors now...and one is still crying ten days later! Crying right now!!
RebeccaS View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 7:01am
I have a problem with strays around my apartment complex.  I keep trying to get animal control to catch them and put them in the local shelter but they said they dont deal with cats only dogs.  I'm concerned cuz one got in a fight and its all cut and bloody.  It hangs around outside my door.  I've been thinking about trapping them and bringing them to an amimal shelter that does not distroy cats.  But i dont know exactly how to go about this.  I have to say there's not a bird in sight I think the cats have killed them all.
-SCARED IN CONNECTICUT
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 8:02am

RebeccaS, bless your heart for thinking of the cats. Feral cats are in most cases the result of people dumping their unwanted, and usually unneutered, cats. A lot of areas now have volunteer organizations who will trap/spay/neuter "the forgotten felines". Call your shelter (s), they usually know. Call Petco or Petsmart if you have either in your area, they tend to help with the adoption process and will know who to contact. Please, don't give up, these cats are suffering!

That's how I ended up with 13 cats!!! I was a caretaker for a registered colony and then became a foster-mom to the kittens. One year alone we had 41 cats adopted! However, some with chronic illness or personality issued or just simply we love each other too much, well, you get the picture.

Anyway, Zeke and Yody, my alpha-male and his devoted brother, were used to going outside during the day and coming inside at night. After we moved, we decided to make them all into indoor cats, and it worked like a charm. We build them a patio which we completely enclosed and they are content. We can enclose the patio for the winter with the kind of ripple plastic that is commonly used for green-houses, which keeps it dry and retains some heat. They also have access to the laundry-room if it gets too cold. Pets will change their mind! YOU HAVE TO BE ALPHA!! Be consistent and they will submit.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 10:32am

Between Joe and myself, we have five cats, and three dogs.  All cats come in and go out.  They will not tolerate being kept inside for long.  The mama cat, which is mine, often lives down the street at the "cat lady's" house.  She goes back and forward.  She got injured once and came home to us and was very angry when we kept her inside for two weeks, after first seeing the vet.  Snarled at us, and won't even allow us to pet her..hissed and such.  So, we will have problems.   The mama cat is the only one who roams very far from home...none can have babies anymore.   We are responsible pet owners...  Especially after the mama cat ended up being a female and not a male cat, like I was told when I got "him"...aaaa  "her."  In fact, this is how Joe and I both ended up having more than one cat, each.  Mama cat still bears her original name..Teddy, only now it is spelled Teddie. 

Joe wants to keep the cats inside when BF gets here and I am willing to do the same, but...  We shall see.  If they get out..they are out, period, and not coming back inside.  We have made several alternative plans for ourselves and our pets..  See I also have three dogs.  Two outside and one inside.  We realize that we may have to euthenize some, or all pets, but we are hoping not.  We will do our best to preserve all life, but are willing to do what we must to preserve human lives.  We both love our animals very much and wouldn't want to see anything happen to them, naturally, but our lives are worth more..and that's just the way it is. 

Thanks for listening.  Take care.  Peace. 

Katie View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 2:13pm
Have people started stockpiling kitty litter? I was thinking today, as I changed my cat's litter tray, just how much of that stuff I go through - where would I store it all, and how much would I need? Probably quite a lot!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 2:26pm

Yes I have 150 lbs, 100lbs in the garage and 50 here in the spare room. They come in 50 lb boxes at Costco.

TA, I am going to try the Placement of 7 as you have described for Sully, 7 is a  neat name. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 5:57pm

Regarding the cat's escaping when you open the front / back door.

I have an indoor cat who follows me everywhere I go.

She is a Devon Rex (more like a dog really)

I confine her to one room when I go out and shut the door.

The cat litter is in there.

When I return there is no problem I just let her out.

I know she is safe and can't get into trouble.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic