Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Original Theme Song For This Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original Theme Song For This Site
    Posted: March 12 2006 at 8:29pm

Albert had asked me to write a theme song for y'all. So here it is. I hope it inspires. An Avian Flu Talk exclusive..........TIME WILL TELL

www.songwritersfestival.com/music/time_will_tell.mp3

takes about 40 seconds to download on  1.5 DSL. It will take at lease 40 minutes on 28.8. It's a 320kbbs mp3, so it's pretty huge, 7.5 MB.  3 minutes 12 seconds. File is large to maintain quality.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 8:47pm

Corn,

You wrote that???

I really like it!  And I loved the ".... hold your ground and stand proud until tomorrow...." line.  Struck a cord in my heart.

Debi

Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:11pm
Yes, did it come thru okay? all in one piece? I do live near Nashville among other things. Not unusual or unexpected. I am a songwriter.  It's my business.
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:16pm

Yep, I got it all in one chunk, but I have satellite for my internet connection.

Next question... who's the performing artist?  Is that you too?

TNbebo408 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNbebo408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:22pm
Corn, cool song, like it. Never put your word under the gun. GOOD LINE.

Don't blow your kids lunch money for things they may never need.
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:42pm
Corn, you're a rock star!    I've got my bic lit and held high!
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:51pm

Lyrics

TIME WILL TELL

TIME WILL TELL WHAT WE’VE DONE,

WEATHER IT WAS RIGHT OR IF IT'S WRONG.

HEAVEN OR HELL, DARKNESS OR SUN.

SHOULD WE STAY IN PLACE OR MAYBE RUN?

WE HOLD YOUR GROUND AND STAND PROUND UNTIL TOMORROW.

NEVER QUIT YOUR WORK UNDER THE GUN.

GATHER ROUND, TILL YOU’VE FOUND,

SOMEONE WHO IS GONNA MAKE LIFE FUN.

HOW CAN SOME ONE FIND

THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS ?

THE INS AND OUTS OF EVERY DOOR?

THE CHANGING OF DIRECTIONS?

IVE LOOKED AROUND ENOUGH TO KNOW,

YOU’RE THE WAY I WANT TO GO.

YES IT’S TRUE, IT’S YOU.

YES IT’S TRUE, IT’S YOU.

FROM OUR SEED LOVE HAS SPRUNG,

NOW IT MUST SURVIVE THE DAYS TO COME.

SO WE START, JOURNEYS BEGUN.

DOWN A ROAD WE VENTURE TOWARD THE SUN.

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 10:34pm
Corn you dude!!! hold your ground and stand proud man.

Love it! Love it!

HD
A Blues fan really but you got me man.
Kirby View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 4:23am

Great job, Corn!

I used to live in Madison.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 4:31am
Awesome corn...just awesome...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 4:32am
We should sticky this thread....
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 10:28am
Thanks guys!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 10:36am
Wow Corn I just heard this am, I am speechless.
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:21am
cornnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, da man
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:24am
  awesome  my stepbrother had a band but he died last year.  I have all of his songs on cd, burned from the originals, it would've been creed and green day all over again but I love the song
I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
Deej View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:32am
dee
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 4:21pm
yes
stardust View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 5:39pm
Wow! That was beautiful! 
"Prepping is Power"!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 7:12pm

Corn, that is you! Wow, I am so impressed! I love it. You are funny, smart (smart-ass sometimes.. ha.. ha..LOL) and you can sing plus write.

Ok, I am a fan!

Pebbles View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 7:44pm

Oh wow!  Corn, that is absolutely beautiful!!

ClapClapClap

Blackbird singing in the dead of the night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All my life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 10:03pm

Corn buddy, I am speechless.  You never cease to amaze me.   

ExaminedLife View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExaminedLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:39am
lmao.

Is that really corn?

I'm not a fan of country (more U2), but corn has more musical talent in his pinky than I do in my whole body.

Good job, corn. You're a brother of mine.

I propose 'It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M., as the official forum song, though.

Or, alternatively, 'The Bird is the Word.'
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:33am
  Very Cool! 
Fiddlerdave View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlerdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:44am
Cool!  I will alternate between this and "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Life of Brian to keep my spirits up!
Dave
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for us"!
loopylou View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 12:38pm
come and live with me if it happens. You can just sing me through the dark days. That was lovely.
Valkyrie View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valkyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 1:52pm

Wow...smart AND talented.Awesome effort

reading between the lines can be most informative....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 2:41pm
Wow! This is really great!

Hmmm? I wonder if there is any way to put this onto a MP3 player? That would be really cool.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Valkyrie Valkyrie wrote:

Wow...smart AND talented.Awesome effort

Not just another pretty face!
sheilad1 View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheilad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 7:53pm
Makes me proud to be a prepper!
Chuck-91 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck-91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 6:32am
Those who will not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 6:46am
Wow!!! I'm first listening to this song - it is SO great! Just another reason to be pleased with finding this site and all the wonderful, intelligent and talented people here.

This should be on the radio!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Deb (oknut)
Dualis View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dualis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 4:00pm
Clap
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 1:45am
I put both the song and the lyrics for it on my iPod. Well done.
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 8:49am
I saved the song on my laptop and later I want to burn it onto a cd its awesome
I look at the stars and wonder what it would be like to touch them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic