Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Financial Collapse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Financial Collapse
    Posted: August 14 2015 at 5:23pm
I edited this original post.  Originally, the purpose was to find some good investments for the financial collapse, things to invest in and to survive it financially, and to possibly even make money off it.  After further research, it appears the economy may in fact reboot and reset, which means no way to make money.  It could come down to pure survival, and back to the basics of prepping, and trying to weather the storm.  Although there may be some good investments relating to Gold.  Stay tuned on this thread..

This thread will be used to track and record the financial collapse events, and what to do, what to expect, and how to prepare.

Satori and others have been tracking this in the dungeon forum, and have done a great job keeping tabs on this and staying ahead of the game.  They got my attention. 

So we'll track this now in the main forum.  Good job to Satori and those who have been following this closely over the months.  

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2015 at 8:20pm
I guess the obvious way would be to sell your stocks and shares before the crash, and then when the crash happens, buy blue chip stock only. The price will be low and it will then recover and you will make money. 

The thing is with stock market crashes, that people lose money if the company they have invested in goes bankrupt, or if they panic and sell along with everyone else as the price nosedives. A relative of mine just sat on her shares through the last few crashes, and they all recovered and then substantially increased in value, but she did invest in blue chip companies to begin with.

People get greedy. They invest in things that are risky and it's normally the risky ventures that are most at risk in a crash. Don't be greedy, invest for the long run in good, solid, reliable companies. If I still had my Rio Tinto shares I'd be a very rich woman. I sold them to buy our first house because they were on a high and we needed the money, but now they are worth much, much more.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 4:27am
Ahhh.... here we go. 

Disturbingly, George Soros has repeatedly demonstrated that he has had both accurate and advanced knowledge of stock market and banking crashes in the past. In fact Soros has a history of causing economic collapses with his preplanned money movements (e.g. Arab Spring). Subsequently, savvy investors keep a very close eye on Soros’ money movements and resulting holdings as Soros is the proverbial “Canary in the mine”. He is the world’s ultimate economic hit man and both bankers and politicians watch his every move with fear and apprehension. If you want to know what money venues to avoid, or embrace, tracking George Soros is your best bet.

Monkey See Monkey Do

soros fund management

With regard to one’s personal investments, a prudent steward of one’s own resources would want to not be where George Soros’ isn’t and to imitate Soros’ money movement with regard where George Soros does place his bets. Why? Because Soros is one of the principals that determines the “rules” for the rigged game of investments across the planet.

Soros’ money movements are significant for several reasons. First, he is now betting against both the U.S. Stock Market and three major U.S. domestic banks. Second, Soros has obtained a sizable gold portfolio which is something one would want to do if one were expecting, or causing a crash of paper currency (i.e. the dollar) to occur. Finally, and most significantly, Soros is betting against the solvency of the Federal Reserve by running from the three of the major investors (i.e. the three major banks) in the Federal Reserve.

According to a 2014 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, it was revealed that Soros sold his holdings in Citigroup, J.P. Morgan and Bank of America. Soros subsequently moved his money and took up new positions in gold and tech stocks associated with Chinese money movement. Soros has moved his money to RF Micro Devices, Nuance Communications, Marvel Technology Group, Nokia Corp., and Cypress Semiconductor. Soros also boosted his stake in Herbalife and took up a new position in Yamana Gold and AuRico Gold, and New Gold Inc. This sent shockwaves among aware investors in the banking and stock market arena.

The Chinese and the Federal Reserve Will Eventually Die Together

It is interesting to note that JP Morgan Chase, earlier in 2014, has sold their property located at One Chase Manhattan Plaza skyscraper to Fosun International, a Chinese investment firm, for  the bargain basement price of $725 million. This is only the latest in a series of New York real estate purchases by Chinese investors for properties formerly reserved for Federal Reserve members. This is a highly significant event that received only a couple of days of attention, but quickly faded from the front pages of the mainstream media. In a future article, I will go into more detail how Soros is setting a trap for both the Chinese and the Federal Reserve. For now, let’s suffice it to say that his actions are helping to set the course for World War III because war is something that desperate nations engage in when they have no other financial options. America, China, Russia and their military allies are quickly approaching this moment.

Collaborating Data: Why It Is Becoming Difficult to Gain Access to Your Bank Account

The Soros money movement strategies are purposeful and ominous. A wise investor from the House of Soros, would liquidate all of their current economic positions and quickly get liquid so they could invest in future winners. Unfortunately, you cannot access your money and “get liquid” with the ease of a George Soros. The banks are building in safeguards to help prevent flight from the banks. However, when it does come down to where one should put their discretionary income, there is a crystal clear pattern on what all Americans should be doing with their money.

Prior to establishing the George Soros investment watch list, it is somewhat reassuring, but not comforting, to note that the actions of the G20 and the British and American banking establishment clearly demonstrate why Soros has fled the American banking system and Stock Market. On November 16, 2014, it was revealed that the G20 nations passed a joint resolution to get their nation’s central banking system to declare that your bank account was not defined as money. This was done because the G20 central banks are approaching insolvency. This put your assets at the bottom of the list for FDIC compensation in the event a bank failure. every “common citizen” should see this as an inevitable sign that their bank is going to fail and that they are not going to get their money back. Further, the U.S. and Britain practiced for widespread bank failures on November 10, 2o14, in a drill facilitated by the FDIC. This is so highly significant  because this is occurring at a time when the Federal Reserve gave permission to various Chinese interests (i.e. all controlled by the Chinese military) to purchase sizable positions in American banking which serves to underwrite and partially fund the Federal Reserve.

The fact that these two events happened in close proximity to each other is not surprising when one considers that an economic collapse is right around the corner. However, it is surprising that these two events (i.e. the 11/10/2014 bank failure drill and the 11/16/2014 G20 declaration) happened in such close proximity to each other presents clear signs that the banking industry is preparing to hold on to your money in attempt to stave off financial ruin.

In a future article, I will discuss strategies on how to separate your money from the banks, before the banks can separate you from your money.

Georgy’s List of Winners and Losers

By using Soros’ money movements over the past year as the blueprint on what to do and not do prior to the economic collapse, one should keep in mind the results of the Soros list of do’s and don’ts and then act accordingly,

George Soros List of Don’ts

1. Avoid the Stock Market like the plague. If your 401K or other retirement plans are tied to the Stock Market, you would be better off, in the long run, to liquidate your position and take the 50% hit from the Federal government for doing so before the age of 59.5. Half a loaf, is better than no loaf at all.

2. Get your money out the Federal Reserve banks (all banks). The obvious question is what to do with your money once you have obtained possession. This is covered in the next session under “Do’s” with regard to your discretionary income.

3. Avoid American real estate investments. Let’s not forget that the Federal Reserve, until recently, was purchasing $40 billion dollars of mortgage backed securities every single month. Then the Federal suddenly stopped the practice after they realized the error of their ways. George Soros is not investing in American real estate.

George Soros List of Do’s

1. Buy gold and lost of it!

2. Buy some silver, but realize that silver is historically unstable. Therefore, all portfolios should be heavily invested in gold over other precious metals.

3. Find a way to pay off your mortgage, because after an economic collapse, you will have no means to do so and MERS will there be waiting. If you are unwilling to do this, then you should sell your home and rent because you are throwing away your current mortgage payments.

4. At least in the near term, invest in Chinese hi tech stocks associated with their money movement. There are two very trouble considerations with this move. First, the Chinese would obviously move their money away from troubled American investments prior to the collapse of the dollar. Soros move to follow this pattern signals the end of the dollar. On a more ominous note, Soros could be telling you who is going to lose World War III. If the U.S. was slated to win World War III, would Soros invest in Chinese money movement over the U.S. dollar and the American Stock Market?

Conclusion

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. In this case, one should be doing what George Soros is doing. To continue to invest in American real estate, the Stock Market and retirement accounts is like buying hair restoring tonic from a bald barber.

Future articles will cover how to get as  liquid as possible along with how to invest in yourself.

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2015/02/19/invest-money-economic-collapse-2015/

cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 6:15am
I've been a bit concerned for the last few years. There was a period where things settled for a bit recently but it seems to be tipping again. The world is hellishly shaky. 

I look to history for similar markers. World wide currency wars. Busting apart of long held unions. IE Russia being kicked out of G20 and sanctions. Nato land grab.  Financial crisis and massive sovereign debts which cant be repaid etc etc. There are so many similarities to past wars and economic collapses

buy Ammo and gold

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 6:32am

great article Albert

I regard men like Soros to be the epitome  of evil in the world

but that doesn't mean they are stupid

people REALLY need to be getting their financial affairs in order just in case

stay well stocked with food,water,over the counter meds,pet food etc

keep some cash on hand in the Bank Of Serta

don't let your vehicles be caught running on empty

watch world affairs CLOSELY

and if things do start to unravel

double down on the preps but quick

hopefully we will avoid financial calamity

but we have been skating on thin ice for a long time now

the odds are against us

I like what David Stockman has said

"David Stockman: I Invest In Anything Bernanke Can't Destroy

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39539248

"“I invest in anything that Bernanke can’t destroy, including gold, canned beans, bottled water and flashlight batteries," David Stockman tells Jennifer DePaul of the Fiscal Times."

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 9:25am
I'm just wondering which name is better for the new upcoming site. 
Financialcollapse.net or economicfailure.com.   

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 9:55am
Last year I began my thread on the collapse of the stock market as well as the crash of the world economy. In many ways the world economy as well as our own stock market is already a mess. It has simply been a way of covering up how much we live where money has no real value and most of our money is not even in this country and owed to us by countries not even making the interest payments.

No real solution has been created to do more than push the inevitable month by month into the future. There is very little that can be done so save people's *** when it happens. If you have precious metals, food, or even a decent shelter, it is likely nomad gangs or groups will kill you for them. 

The U.S. Dollar may become a memory. As you know they are working on a world currency and have been. China put trillions of dollars into making another unit of money.

When the axe falls the banks will close. There will be no run on the banks because they won't be open. The invisible network of electronic warnings and stock sells on Wall Street is likely to set it off.  Those who have the most, have the most to worry about.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 1:03pm
[QUOTE=Albert]Ahhh.... here we go. 

3. Find a way to pay off your mortgage, because after an economic collapse, you will have no means to do so and MERS will there be waiting. If you are unwilling to do this, then you should sell your home and rent because you are throwing away your current mortgage payments.

/QUOTE]

I don't understand this point. What has MERS to do with mortgages? Are they talking about the disease or is there some financial reference that is referred to as MERS?

Albert, I like financialcollapse.net better than the other one.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 2:42pm

Today’s financial services industry depends on technological innovations to provide its customers with access to information, increased efficiency and reduced processing costs. MERSCORP Holdings, Inc. owns and operates the MERS® System, a national electronic registry system that tracks the changes in servicing rights and beneficial ownership interests in mortgage loans that are registered on the System.

MERSCORP Holdings is the parent company of Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc.

MERS® Residential (also known as the MERS® System) is the only national database that provides free public access to servicer information for registered home mortgages, complementing public land recording systems that have their origins in centuries old real property laws. Homeowners have free access to investor (note owner) information for their mortgages that they never had before, and MERS® Residential is also used by local governments around the nation to identify parties responsible for maintaining vacant properties and addressing code violations.

MERS and MERS® Residential were created by the mortgage banking industry to streamline the mortgage process by using electronic commerce. Beneficiaries of MERS include mortgage originators, servicers, warehouse lenders, wholesale lenders, retail lenders, document custodians, settlement agents, title companies, insurers, investors, county recorders and consumers. 

MERS acts as mortgagee in the county land records for the lender and servicer. Future assignments of any loan -- where MERS is the mortgagee -- registered on the MERS® System are not necessary because MERS remains the mortgagee no matter how many times servicing is traded. MERS as original mortgagee (MOM) loans are approved by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, the Federal Housing Administration and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, California and Utah Housing Finance Agencies, as well as all of the major Wall Street rating agencies.

https://www.mersinc.org/about-us/about-us
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 3:07pm
Thank you Kiwi, you answered my question with the name.  You couldn't remember the other name, which tells me to go with your pick as it's easier to remember, if we go forward on it.   Tracking disasters is what we do around here, and this could be a doozy and on our door step.  Most experts are predicting collapse to begin in 45 days, and prior to the end of 2015.

On another note, those gold stocks referenced in that article are all trading at around $2.00.   
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 6:09pm
that's what I love about this site,gives me something to think about as I lay down and try to sleep!
WHAT TO DO????
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2015 at 7:02pm
lol, sorry about that Danny.  Keep some cash stashed, and stay clear of the market, except for gold.  Load up on Yamana Gold and AuRico Gold, and New Gold.  I know I will be over the next 30 days.

Mum is the word (American slang kiwi). 
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2015 at 6:24pm
Thanks Albert, very comprehensive. We say Mum's the word here too, btw. Our mortgage is tiny and we do have the funds to pay it off but just haven't got round to it, but I think I will in the next week or so. 

We've had 3 or 4 mortgages since we've been married and as we've cleared each one, we've had our mortgage discharged, which according to our lawyer, is a very unusual thing to do. Most people don't bother, they sit with a zero balance against their mortgage but with the property still registered with the bank, just in case they want to borrow in the future.

It's always worried me that if a bank went under with your property sitting on its books that even though no money is owed on it, that it could be at risk.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2015 at 6:52am
I paid off my 15 year mortgage in July so I am very happy right now! At least I don't have that to worry about. My only other major expense is my SUV payment. We have 2 trucks that are paid off. My job is talking about layoffs and furloughs, so not good.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

lol, sorry about that Danny.  Keep some cash stashed, and stay clear of the market, except for gold.  Load up on Yamana Gold and AuRico Gold, and New Gold.  I know I will be over the next 30 days.

Albert, do you mean you are going to hold paper shares in these companies, or you are going to hold physical gold? Do you trust paper shares in gold?
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 11:09am

Here's What's Driving the Decline in US Stocks

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/driving-decline-us-stocks/story?id=33226193

PHOTO: Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange on Aug. 21, 2015 in New York.

Following the worst slump in the U.S. stock market in 18 months on Thursday, shares continued to plunge today related to domestic and global economic concerns.

Many U.S. companies and investors are worried about the second-biggest economy in the world, China, and how a slowdown there would affect their production and trade, according to experts. The Dow Jones industrial average and Standard and Poor's 500 index had their worst decline on Thursday since Feb. 3, 2014.

Here are some of the factors affecting U.S. markets:

1. China Slowdown Worries

PHOTO: Employees work on the production line of a telecom equipment manufacturer on July 27, 2015 in Wuhan, China.
ChinaFotoPress via Getty Images
PHOTO: Employees work on the production line of a telecom equipment manufacturer on July 27, 2015 in Wuhan, China.

Similar to Thursday's decline, today’s weakness in the markets is again centered around China, said Ben Garber, Moody's Analytics economist. He pointed to a preliminary August survey released today showing Chinese manufacturing activity fell to a six-year low, which may mean lower demand for American goods. Substantial declines in Chinese stocks once again fueled sell-offs around the globe.

Last week, China devalued its currency, the yuan, with the hope of spurring its own economy by making its goods cheaper and imported goods, like those from the U.S., more expensive.

2. Federal Reserve Skepticism

PHOTO: Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, from left, with Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer, and the board of governors of the Federal Reserve System, presides over a meeting in Washington on July 20, 2015.
Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP Photo
PHOTO: Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, from left, with Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer, and the board of governors of the Federal Reserve System, presides over a meeting in Washington on July 20, 2015.

The Federal Reserve released minutes from a recent meeting and revealed that the hike in interest rates that many investors expected in September may not happen after all. The U.S. central bank hasn't raised interest rates in nearly a decade.

With interest rates near zero in most economies, "If another recession comes, markets are worried that governments may not be able to respond as flexibly," Boston College economics professor Bob Murphy said.

Lindsey Piegza, chief economist with Stifel, Nicolaus and Company, said a large portion of the decline in stocks is an acknowledgment that the U.S. economy is fundamentally not strong enough to withstand a rising rate environment. Some economists are concerned that a hike in interest rates and a subsequent increase in mortgage rates could lead to a fall in housing prices and jobs slowdown.

3. Greece

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tspiras announced his resignation on Thursday after less than a year in office and called for new elections as the country receives debt relief.

"New elections might solidify this support, but in the near term will increase uncertainty about whether the Greek crisis re-emerges this fall," Murphy said.

4. More Global Concerns

PHOTO: A customer counts tenge currency banknotes inside a bank in Almaty, Kazakhstan, June 23, 2015.
Andrey Rudakov/Bloomberg via Getty Images
PHOTO: A customer counts tenge currency banknotes inside a bank in Almaty, Kazakhstan, June 23, 2015.

Elsewhere in the world, Kazakhstan’s currency lost a quarter of its value on Thursday as it switched to a floating exchange rate.

"Though this country’s performance does not threaten the global economy by itself, it speaks to further upward pressure on the dollar and concerns about the negative impact of a potential Federal Reserve rate hike," Moody's Garber said.

5. Oil Lows

The price of oil is now testing six-year lows. Brent crude oil, a benchmark price for oil purchases worldwide, increased only slightly by 2 cents to $47.19 a barrel on Thursday.

Garber said the decline of oil prices and of other commodities signal fading emerging market growth prospects, ensuring "continued poor results for firms in the energy and mining sectors."

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 11:30am

oil dipped below $40 for awhile

bad bad BAD sign

the world's economy is grinding to a halt

also be watching Turkey

if that country starts capital controls

look for them to default like Greece did

at this point anything can trigger a financial collapse

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 2:05pm
Market collapse appears to in fact be underway. - 530 today and - 1000 for the week.  World economy coming to halt may sum it up satori.

Stock Market: Dow Plunges 530 Points and More Than 1,000 for the Week

Stocks were clobbered Friday on Wall Street — a brutal finish to the worst week in the market in four years. The Dow Jones industrial average closed down 530 points, the ninth-biggest point decline in its history.

Investors worried about signs of a slowdown in the Chinese economy that could hammer companies and countries around the world. The stock of Apple, which depends heavily on demand from China, fell more than 6 percent.

The Dow finished at 16,459. It fell more than 1,000 points this week alone and is down more than 10 percent from its all-time high in May — the definition of a market correction. That has not happened in four years.

The Dow's decline for the day came to 3.1 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index, a broader gauge of the stock market, finished down 3.2 percent and closed below 2,000 for the first time since early this year.

"Right now there is a feeling of fear in the marketplace, and all news is interpreted negatively and it's interpreted indiscriminately," Tom Digenan, the head of U.S. equities at UBS Global Asset Management, told CNBC.

In percentage terms, the decline on Friday was nowhere close to the worst of all time. On Black Monday in 1987, when the Dow fell 508 points, it represented a 22 percent decline.

The damage on Friday wasn't limited to Apple. John Deere stock fell more than 8 percent and Microsoft more than 5 percent. Energy stocks and technology stocks were hammered across the board.

Utility stocks, seen as a relatively stable bet in a rough market, fared the best, but even they were down more than 1 percent.

There was some good news in the sell-off: The price of crude oil plunged below $40 a barrel for the first time since the financial crisis in 2009. Gas has already fallen to a nationwide average of $2.63 a gallon — 80 cents lower than a year ago.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/markets/stock-market-plunge-dow-plunges-lowest-level-year-china-fears-n413916

DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2015 at 4:00pm
Well at least I do have a whole lot of brass
WHAT TO DO????
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 2:46am
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 3:49am
If we see a substantial decline on Monday, the bottom will fall out. 
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 4:06am
The way "markets moved" makes me think there will be major "news" this weekend. (Further escalation currency-war, Euro-crisis ? Brazil/Turkey corruption scandal ?) The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) nor the MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) can pull the economy out of problems. QE-4 (?), ECB, BoJ proberbly only make things worse...
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 6:12am
Stock market heading to 3000?  There will be nothing left.  That's not a crash ... but a  "Collapse".

Famed Harvard Economist Predicts:
“The Greatest Stock Market Collapse since the Great Depression”

Investigative Report from Dent Research

The man who called nearly every major economic trend over the past 30 years…including the 1991 recession, Japan’s lost decade, the 2001 tech crash, the bull market and housing boom of the last decade and, most recently, the credit and housing bubble has issued a startling new prediction.

“The DOW is going to crash to a degree we haven’t seen since the Great Depression” say world-renowned economist Harry Dent.

In fact, Dent says, “We’ll see a historic drop to 6,000… and when the dust settles – it’ll plummet to 3,300. Along the way, we’ll see another real estate collapse. Gold will sink to $750 an ounce and unemployment will skyrocket… It’s going to get ugly.”

In an exclusive video presentation Dent details the “perfect storm” of economic and demographic realities brewing that will likely make the next few years some of the most trying times in U.S. economic history.

“This is not fun and games. This is not fear-mongering. This is today’s economic reality” he plainly states in this in-depth exposè of what’s to come.

He goes on to paint a detailed picture of the financial carnage this crash could inflict on America:

“Unemployment will soar to 15% or higher as the work pool continues to shrink and companies lean towards employing people with experience, something students entering the workforce obviously lack.

Housing prices will fall again, by as much as 40%... the so-called "recovery" of 2013/14 will diminish faster than an ice on a hot summer day as mortgage rates rise and the wrong group of investors – a.k.a. speculators - lose their taste for the market.

Faced with huge revenue shortages, the federal deficit will balloon from $1.3 trillion to as much as $3 trillion.

Despite the lessons learned in 2008, mortgage companies and financial institutions have resumed offering low interest, no principle "teaser" loans and increasingly risky investments, which will lead us straight back into a second financial crisis, with no bailout possible this time.”

But Dent, a Harvard alum and best-selling author who’s appeared on Fox News, CNBC and The Alex Jones Show among countless others, adds that there’s actually a massive upside to this impending crisis.

He says those who position themselves accordingly beforehand could have the opportunity to earn millions through specific "decline-related" investments year after year, over the next decade as well as maximize the next long-term “boom cycle,” which he predicts will begin between early 2020 and late 2022.

The controversial video, initially released to a private audience, has gone viral as hundreds of thousands are seeing new evidence for a looming economic crisis, and are heeding Harry Dent’s advice to survive and prosper.

Take a few moments to watch his special presentation to learn the facts as well as prepare yourself for the coming crisis.

However, viewership is limited to only those who provide their email address.

“The collapse is coming soon, so we want to keep in touch with those who watch the video,” comments Harry Dent, “So before they see it, we just ask for their email address so we can send them our regular updates called Economy and Markets Daily. It’s purely a free benefit. If viewers don’t find out timely insights helpful, they can just click the unsubscribe button. So no strings attached.”

Indeed, over 300,000 people are already receiving Dent’s daily updates through Economy and Markets Daily, and hundreds more are joining every day!

Perhaps they will be prepared for this looming collapse that will wipe out so many.

https://research.economyandmarkets.com/X195R617/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwu-

CuBRCQ2byQtMep7e0BEiQABQKlkTXsbH_

u02mNeO34LMoOabi3cfgr9CZU0j17oljO8_saAkaW8P8HAQ

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 6:20am
People are probably liquidating their 401k's, or will be soon.  To reach levels of under 6000, that's what it amounts to.  A run on 401ks....
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 1:05pm
Pretty crazy stuff, but if the economy does collapse, as satori mentioned, better start looking at fine tuning your preps.  During the 1929 crash, people died of starvation. Perhaps it could even be worse these days since we're so dependent on deliveries.   And as usual, and as we know, don't expect the fed gov't to come to the rescue.

Wall Street Crash of 1929 and its aftermath

The strength of America’s economy in the 1920’s came to a sudden end in October 1929 – even if the signs of problems had existed before the Wall Street Crash. Suddenly the ‘glamour’ of the Jazz Age andgangsters disappeared and America was faced with a major crisis that was to impact countries as far away as Weimar Germany – a nation that had built up her economy on American loans.

stockmarket-crash-1929

The huge wealth that appeared to exist in America in the 1920’s was at least partly an illusion.

For example the African Americans and the farmers had not benefited in the Jazz Age but neither had 60% of the whole population as it is estimated that a family needed a basic minimum of $2,000 a year to live (about £440) and 60% of US families earned less than this. Almost certainly some of the 60% included those who had gambled some money on Wall Street and could least afford to lose it in the crash of October ‘29.

The very rich lost money on Wall Street but they could just about afford it. But the vast bulk could not afford any loss of money. This had a very important economic impact as these people could no longer afford to spend money and therefore did not buy consumer products. Therefore as there was no buying, shops went bust and factories had no reason to employ people who were making products that were not being sold. Therefore unemployment became a major issue. The Great Depression took a while to get going but by the winter of 1932 it was at its worst.

The impact of the Wall Street Crash:

1) 12 million people out of work

2) 12,000 people being made unemployed every day

3) 20,000 companies had gone bankrupt

4) 1616 banks had gone bankrupt

5) 1 farmer in 20 evicted

6) 23,000 people committed suicide in one year – the highest ever

There was no system of benefit for the unemployed. Charities such as the Salvation Army gave out free food and shelter. It is known that some people actually starved to death. In some states men deliberately set fire to forests to get temporary employment as fire fighters while farmers killed their animals as no-one could afford to buy them in the cities despite there being great hunger there.

What did the government do?

The president was a Republican, Herbert Hoover. He believed that if you were in trouble you should help yourself and not expect others to help you. This he called “rugged individualism”. Therefore he did not do a great deal to help those out of work.

“It is not the function of the government to relieve individuals of their responsibilities to their neighbours, or to relieve private institutions of their responsibilities to the public.” Hoover.

Hoover did not believe that the depression would last – “Prosperity is just around the corner” is what he said to businessmen in 1932 when things were just about at their worst. Squalid cardboard campsites were created in cities to live in…called “Hoovervilles”. The nick-name of the soup given out by charities for the unemployed was “Hoover stew”.

However, Hoover did do some good. Money was used to create jobs to build things such as the Hoover Dam. In 1932 he gave $300 million to the states to help the unemployed (Emergency Relief and Reconstruction Act) but it had little impact as states run by the Republicans believed in “rugged individualism” more than Hoover did and they used only $30 million of the money offered to them.

Many saw Hoover’s attempts as being “too little too late”.

In the November 1932 election, Hoover was heavily defeated by the Democrat candidate. This man had promised the American public a “New Deal“. His name was Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Thirteen years of Republican rule had come to an end.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/modern-world-history-1918-to-1980/america-1918-1939/wall-street-crash-of-1929-and-its-aftermath/

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2015 at 7:13pm
People should watch this video.  Talking about a full reboot and reset of the economy.  No deliveries to stores, etc...  it's about time to start prepping for this.  Getting very close.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 3:48pm
China's stock market opens in 2 hours.  Look out.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 3:51pm
I just bought a medium sized water & fire proof safe to protect my golden, silver, and bronze aged comics that I collect. Might have to add some side money in there as well. A statement from my friend that used to work with trading and studied at University of the Pacific on Friday: "I told everyone to sell off their securities in their 401k plans and any other investment brokerage account they have. I will say it again, I warned everyone when the market was at almost 18,000. Look today, it is at 16400. This sell off will continue. The big correction is here. I wouldn't be surprised if the global sell off drives us down to 6,000 points by end of this year. Call your advisor, accountant whoever you trust and get everything out of the market and go to cash. Everyone with a 401k plan do the same. If you can't get into cash move it into a very very conservative fund or consider even taking it out or something." Any opinions on his statement? I know very little about the stock market game, despite my old boss playing it a lot.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 4:50pm
Some reports say as low as 3000, as well as full collapse of the dollar.  If the dollar collapses, having cash might not matter that much.  If it gets that bad, and if they come out with a new currency of some sort, gold is always the way to go.   That video I posted talks about the entire economy rebooting.  Having said all of that, going all cash is probably a good (better) way to go at the moment.  taking a 10% hit on your 401k for cashing out may be a small price in comparison, if it hits 6000.  Again, some are saying even lower.   I'm yet to see a report that says a collapse isn't imminent.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 4:57pm
Greece is basically down to bartering and trading.   Let's hope we're not falling into the same scenario. 

(NaturalNews) Greece's finances and its national economy have both deteriorated so dramatically that now average citizens are being forced to do something they haven't had to do since the country was occupied by Nazi Germany: Barter for their basic needs and essentials.

As reported by Reuters, the rise in bartering comes amid a government-imposed cash squeeze stemming from an Athens-imposed three-week closure of the country's banks on June 28. Since then government capital controls, put in place to avoid a run on banks, have limited the supply of cash in the hands of ordinary Greeks.

Reuters further reported:

Wild boar and power cuts were Greek cotton farmer Mimis Tsakanikas' biggest worries until a bank shutdown last month left him stranded without cash to pay suppliers, and his customers without money to pay him.

Squeezed on all sides, the 41-year-old farmer began informal bartering to get around the cash crunch. He now pays some of his workers in kind with his clover crop and exchanges equipment with other farmers instead of buying or renting machinery.

'It's a nightmare'

Tsakanikas has become part of an expanding barter economy that many Greeks abhor because they see it as a step back from modern life, Reuters continued. However, many others are embracing it as a means to an end: Short-term economic survival.

When Tsakanikas rented a field in early August, he agreed he would pay for it with a portion of his clover crop.

"It's a nightmare. I owe many people money now - gas stations and firms that service machinery. I have to go to the bank every single day, and the money I can take out is not enough," said Tsakanikas, who also grows vegetables on about 150 acres.

"I've begun bartering in some forms - it existed in the past but now it is growing... Times have become really tough, and friends and relatives help each other out," he added, according to Reuters.

A growing number of Greek citizens are being forced into the barter economy, especially those living in rural areas, swapping goods and services in cashless transactions. The capital controls were put in place by the government of socialist Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras just a few days before Greece became the first advanced economy to default on a loan from the International Monetary Fund. That forced Athens to request a third financial bailout, which was humiliating for many in the country.

And while capital controls are being eased a bit, Greeks can still only withdraw 420 euros a week from their bank accounts.

It's hard to estimate just how much of Greece's economy is now based on the barter system because so much of it is informal. However, anecdotal evidence indicates that barter is surging.

Indeed, many saw this coming.

Zero Hedge noted in a recent blog post that the site predicted in February that Greece's economic conditions would deteriorate to the point where, quoting Credit Suisse, the country would be "digitally bombed back to barter status."

Stock market is next to take a hit

Greece was in a perilous economic position anyway, but it became worse as negotiations for a new bailout deal – something Greece wanted but the IMF did not – dragged on. For every day without a deal, nearly 60 businesses closed, 613 Greeks lost full time jobs and the Greek economy lost 22 million euros.

But the debt crisis was really one of Tsipras' making. He, along with his fellow Syriza party members, rode to power on a promise of ending punishing austerity policies that were part of the original IMF and European Central Bank bailout agreement, but which were increasingly unpopular with the Greek public. Trouble is, the austerity was necessary because the Greek government was paying out more in public welfare than it was taking in as a result of taxes and other revenues.

As the economy has tanked and barter has become increasingly common – something that could happen in a collapsed U.S. economy - Greece has suffered a brain drain: While entrepreneurship and retail sales have fallen 70 percent, some 7,500 doctors have left the country since 2010.

UPDATE: Greece's bad economic news just keeps getting worse. In recent days, the Greek stock market Greek bank shares fell dramatically, dragging down the broader Greek stock market.
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 5:09pm
Another Joins the broke crowd

Lebanese Prime Minister Tammam Salam said the government may be unable to pay wages next month, as protesters clashed with police for a second day over the cabinet’s inability to resolve a crisis over garbage disposal.

Lebanon’s political impasse may also prevent the government from selling bonds, affecting its credit rating, Salam said at a news conference in Beirut on Sunday.

“The garbage crisis is what broke the camel’s back, but the story is much bigger than this,” Salam said. “Did you know that because of the failure to take decisions, we may not be able to pay the salaries of a large number of public sector employees?”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-23/lebanon-premier-warns-of-economic-collapse-amid-political-crisis

Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 7:44pm
Asia markets are plunging and are in free fall -

Symbol
Name
Price

Change
%Change
NIKKEI Nikkei 225 Index 18873.01

-562.82 -2.90%
HSI Hang Seng Index 21590.90

-818.72 -3.65%
ASX 200 S&P/ASX 200 5066.00

-148.60 -2.85%
SHANGHAI Shanghai Composite Index 3258.91

-248.83 -7.09%
KOSPI KOSPI Index 1840.56

-35.51 -1.89%
CNBC 100 CNBC 100 ASIA IDX 6392.38

-230.28 -3.48%

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/23/asia-braces-for-selloff-on-tanking-us-markets.html
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 7:58pm
Albert,this is very interesting and scary. I was just about to check the Asian Markets,but you have all ready checked them,thank you. The US Market is way over due for a correction,but if this is just a normal correct,it should turn around or at least stop sliding so fast pretty soon.Johnray1
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 8:06pm
Hi John, not looking good for China.  Already down 8% early on.   They might halt the market there soon.

Chinese stocks crash as Shanghai drops over 8 per cent

Chinese stocks were engulfed by a wave of selling on Monday, with stocks in Shanghai wiping out all the gains they had posted for the year and the is now trading in negative territory for 2015. 

The Shanghai Composite index was trading at 3,221.67 at 10:15 am, down 8.16 per cent for the day and down 0.02 per cent for 2015.

The Shenzhen Composite Index traded at 1,888.46, down 7.4 per cent, or 150.93 points. The ChiNext Price Index slides 7.89 per cent, or 184.8 points to trade 2,157.15.

Shenzhen slid below the psychological 2,000 point level it had been trying to hang onto for weeks. The fall likely triggered sell-stops under that level, aggravating the decline.

Chinese shares have been in near free-fall since scaling a 7-year top on June 12. 

Warnings against what it called "malicious short selling" by the government and billions of yuan in measures announced by Beijing to prop up the market has failed to stem the rout.

The three week long fall of both Shanghai and Shenzhen after June 12 erased nearly US$4 trillion in value from the two markets.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1852048/chinese-stocks-start-sharply-lower-sell-hits-hard-shanghai-drops
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 8:16pm

Aussie stockmarket tumbles amid growing fears over health of global economy

AUSTRALIAN shares have plunged today with $53 billion stripped from the value of the nation’s companies as uncertainty grips global markets.

Early this afternoon, the benchmark ASX 200 index was down 3.7 per cent, with the losses felt across the board from banks to resources stocks.

The index tumbled 2.6 per cent within the first 30 minutes of trade today. It is among the worst openings to a trading session in the past five years.

Banking giants including the Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, National Australia Bank and ANZ along with the big miners Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton all shed about 2 per cent each.

Mum and dad favourite, Telstra, had also dropped by more than one per cent.

At 12.48pm, the ASX 200 was down 3.7 per cent, with $53.2 billion wiped from the value of Australia’s listed companies.

That puts it on track to be the worst day since September 2011.

Asian sharemarkets have also been swept up in the rout.

The main Hong Kong and Shanghai indexes have tumbled in early trade today as concerns about China’s economy deepen despite efforts by Beijing to shore up local share prices.

Hong Kong’s benchmark Hang Seng index dropped more than 4 per cent in the first minutes of trading.

China’s Shanghai Composite index slumped 5.1 per cent in early trade and was down 8.5 per cent early this afternoon.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/aussie-stockmarket-tumbles-amid-growing-fears-over-health-of-global-economy/story-fni0dcne-1227496166225

Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2015 at 8:39pm
Albert,they need to close all stock markets for 2 or 3 days or even a week to stop panic selling and panic shorting of the markets.Johnray1
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 1:46am
http://www.rt.com/business/313180-china-market-crash-monday/

The Shanghai composite has closed 8.5 percent in the red, as Beijing’s measures have failed to ease investor's concerns about the slowdown of the world's second-largest economy. China's stocks are now down for the year after being up 60 percent in June.

Japan's Nikkei has closed 4.6 percent down. Hong Kong's Hang Seng is 5.21 percent in deficit. Mumbai's Sensex is down over 4 percent in late trading.

< id="twitter-widget-i1440405693387343617" scrolling="no" border="0" allowtransparency="true" ="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" -tweet-id="635665898188095488" title="Twitter Tweet" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; max-width: 100%; : static; visibility: ; width: 500px; height: 707.3125px; border-style: none; border-width: initial; min-width: 220px;">

The ripple effects are being felt on the European markets.

London's FTSE is down 2.5 percent in early trading. Germany’s DAX is losing over three percent, sliding below the 10,000-point mark for the first time since January.

READ MORE: Global markets enter correction on China fears

The European stock markets have continued last week’s negative trend, when 13 out of 18 western European markets lost 10 percent or more, with Germany’s DAX Index down 18 percent. London's FTSE 100 index suffered its biggest weekly drop in 2015, slumping 5.2 percent.

Commodities are down across the board with Brent oil trading at $44.22 as of 08:20 GMT, which is a six-and-a-half-year low.

The Russian ruble has hit new lows against major currencies, dragged down by both weak oil and Chinese stocks. The Russian currency was trading near 71 rubles against the dollar and 81.40 rubles against the euro as of 08:22 GMT.

~Albert Einstein
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 4:00am
Pre-market open for U.S. stocks looking like a rough one today. Possible Black Monday ahead.  Dow set to open -430 here

U.S. stocks poised for another sharp drop

Got some rest over the weekend? Good. There's a bumpy ride ahead.

U.S. stock futures are sharply down on Monday morning as worries about China continue to fuel a global sell off.

Nasdaq futures are down 3.5%, with Dow and S&P futures both around 2% lower.

Here are the five things you need to know before the opening bell rings in New York:

Related: World markets plunge as sell off continues

1. China -- no intervention, more losses: The Shanghai Composite closed 8.5% down, wiping out all gains made so far this this year. It has now fallen nearly 38% since its June peak. China's smaller Shenzhen Composite lost 7.7%.

Traders were hoping Chinese authorities would step in over the weekend to support the markets. "Unfortunately, there was nothing but disappointment and trader's angst turned into anger this morning and they decided to liquidate their positions," said Naeem Aslam, chief market analyst at Ava Capital Markets.

Related: Fear & Greed Index

2. Stock market movers -- Apple, Netflix suffer: Many U.S. stocks look poised to start the week deep in the red.

Apple (APLE) is down over 4% in premarket trading, while Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) is down more than 5%. Facebook (FB, Tech30) is trading about 4% lower.

Bank of America (BAC) has also suffered losses, trading 3.5% down in premarkets, and other financial stocks are under pressure.

3. Oil hits new 6-year low: Oil plunged 3.5% on Monday to trade at $39.04 per barrel. Prices had fallen below $40 per barrel for the first time since 2009 on Friday.

Natural gas and gold are also down. Cheap oil and other commodities are weighing heavily on many emerging markets, with Russia, Brazil, and Venezuela among the biggest losers.

Related: CNNMoney's Tech30

4. International markets plunge: All major European markets opened down on Monday. London's FTSE 100 plunged 2.7% after entering correction territory last week. The "Footsie" is weighted towards resource companies and has been hit by the slowdown in demand from China.

Germany's DAX also fell 2.7%. China is a crucial market for its automakers.

And it was all misery for other Asian markets again, with all major regional indexes closing in the red. Tokyo's Nikkei ended the session 4.6% down.

Related: Why stocks are a sea of red

5. Friday market recap: The stock market took a dramatic plunge Friday. The Dow Jones industrial average closed out its worst week since 2011, losing a staggering 531 points, or more than 3% on Friday alone. The S&P 500 also dived 3%, and the Nasdaq shed 3.5%.

Why the drop? Investors are shaken by concerns about China's economy, a rate hike from the Fed and falling oil prices.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/24/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

ALSO - Looks like China is about to devalue the yuan once again soon.

Premarket: Great fall of China sinks world stocks, U.S. dollar tumbles

Alarm bells rang across world markets on Monday as a 9 per cent dive in Chinese shares and a sharp drop in the dollar and major commodities panicked investors.

European stocks opened more than 3 per cent in the red after their Asian counterparts slumped to 3-year lows as a three month-long rout in Chinese equities threatened to get out of hand.

Safe-haven government bonds and the yen and the euro rallied as widespread fears of a China-led global economic slowdown and currency war kicked in.

“It is a China driven macro panic,” said Didier Duret, chief investment officer at ABN Amro. “Volatility will persist until we see better data there or strong policy action through forceful monetary easing.”

With serious doubts now emerging about the likelihood of a U.S. interest rate rise this year, the dollar slid against other major currencies. It was last at 120.25 yen its lowest in three months.

The Australian dollar fell to six-year lows and many emerging market currencies also plunged, whilst the frantic dash to safety pushed the euro to a 6-1/2-month high.

“Things are starting look like the Asian financial crisis in the late 1990s. Speculators are selling assets that seem the most vulnerable,” said Takako Masai, head of research at Shinsei Bank in Tokyo.

Commodity markets took a fresh battering. Brent and U.S. crude oil futures hit 6-1/2-year lows as concerns about a global supply glut added to worries over potentially weaker demand from China.

U.S. crude was down 3 per cent at $39.20 a barrel while Brent lost 2.4 per cent to $44.40 a barrel.

Copper, seen as a barometer of global industrial demand, tumbled 2.5 per cent, with three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange hitting a six-year low of $4,920 a tonne. Nickel slid 4.6 per cent to its lowest since 2009 at $9,730 a tonne.

GREAT FALL OF CHINA

The near 9 per cent slump in Chinese stocks was their worst performance since the depths of the global financial crisis in 2009 and wiped out what was left of the 2015 gains, which in June has been more than 50 per cent.

The latest rout was rooted in investor disappointment that Beijing did not announce expected policy support over the weekend after its markets shed 11 per cent last week.

Compounding the real-time falls all index futures contracts slumped by their 10 per cent daily limit, pointing to more bad days ahead.

MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan fell 5.1 per cent to a three-year low. Tokyo’s Nikkei was down 4.1 per cent and Australian and Indonesian shares hit two-year troughs.

“China could be forced to devalue the yuan even more, should its economy falter, and the equity markets are dealing with the prospect of a weaker yuan amplifying the negative impact from a sluggish Chinese economy,” said Eiji Kinouchi, chief technical analyst at Daiwa Securities in Tokyo.

There was further evidence that developed markets were becoming synchronised with the troubles. London’s FTSE which has a large number of global miners and oil firms, was down for its 10th straight day, its worst run since 2003.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/inside-the-market/market-updates/premarket-great-fall-of-china-sinks-world-stocks-us-dollar-tumbles/article26069709/

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 5:09am
Dow Pre-market open now at -680.

You can follow it here.  http://thestockmarketwatch.com/markets/pre-market/today.aspx
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 1:12pm
closed -588
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 7:00pm

Chinese Stocks Are Crashing; Yuan Devalues, Deposit Rate Spikes To Record High, Japan Denies "G7 Response" Planned

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-24/asiapac-stocks-continue-collapse-yuan-deposit-rates-spike-record-high-china-devalues

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2015 at 10:06pm
Well, the myth of "pink communism" seems to be winding up! 

Cash is flying out of China, seeking safe havens.  Party leaders are discovering that you can boss the people around at bayonet-point, but that doesn't alter the laws of economics.  

Sit tight....where's Kilt been?  His Death Star is waiting!!  LOL
CRS, DrPH
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 4:55am
For the hell of it, we're going to put up a new site at EconomyUS.com, with live tickers for all the world markets.  For our international friends here, please forgive the "US" part of the name as there are no other names to go with. Look at it as if it doesn't stand for U.S., but for "us".  It can be either one. 
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 1:23pm
Albert,I hear that China is finished,just all of the Chinese do not know it yet.I also hear that Europe is also next to go and it will not be very long and everyone from China and Europe,That has money is transferring it to this country as fast as they can and the people with money are also coming.Johnray1
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 2:21pm
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/25/investing/china-central-bank-interest-rates/?iid=EL

China is trying to fix this. To be fair, as opposed to any action taken yet in the U.S., what they did may have helped some.

The People's Bank of China cut its key lending and deposit rates by .25% on Tuesday. The one year lending-rate is now 4.6% and the deposit rate is 1.75%.

The moves follow a dramatic crash in Chinese stock markets which, panicked investors around the world on Monday. Worries about the pace of growth in the world's second biggest economy were fueling the selloff.

The central bank acknowledged the weakness in the Chinese economy - and the need for intervention.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic