Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

War in Syria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War in Syria
    Posted: September 14 2015 at 9:21am
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/14/russia-shipping-tanks-into-syria-in-first-clear-sign-offensive-weapons/?intcmp=hpbt1

Because the U.S. has consistently been weak in it's foreign policy in Syria we now face a possible military confrontation in the area. Just as we have lost ground in Egypt which we have worked on for almost 40 years to gain, this would take more than one U.S. administration to fix no matter who is elected next year.

This is no nose-to-nose skirmish in the Persian Gulf as we had several years ago. Fail to go in and do something when we had the window to do it will cost the U.S. dearly.

If Iran and Syria are allowed to obtain or develop nuclear weapons they eventually will be launched at Tel Aviv and before that Israel will be forced to launch a strike on Iran.

If they do - will we have our hands tied and the question arises who will we defend?

Israel or Iran?

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 8:36am
This may be dated quite a bit - not sure - comments please

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 8:58am
War in Syria - September 15, 2015

Becoming informed of the situation - Medclinician

This was one of the most comprehensive analysis of the situation in the Middle East I have ever seen. Sad to see it has been taken off the net.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2015 at 9:11am

In depth analysis of the current situation as of yesterday in the Middle East. No doubt, we are on the verge of some type of military confrontation in Syria. Russia is back and with chilling reminders of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis- actions speak louder than words - or even an absence of them. The delicate balance between the Sunni and Shiite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia-Sunni_relations
holds the future of not only the future of the Middle East but Europe in the balance.

A highly volatile balance of power which now is pulling the U.S. and world into a conflict that has gone on for thousands of years.- Medclinician CWN

Courtesy of Next News Network

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 4:56am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-16/satellite-image-supposedly-proves-presence-russian-troops-and-aircraft-syria

In a day of diplomatic snafus by the Pentagon, which first admitted it had spec ops forces in Syria(remember when it was just "advisors" and the Obama administration was blaming Russia for escalating the conflict by daring to join the fight against ISIS and sending its own troops in Damascus) then promptly retracted, using the old "there was no Freudian slip" explanation, the US promptly needed another diversion to cast the blame back in Putin's court.

Which brings us to our post from Monday in which "anonymous" US officials told Reuters that "Russia has positioned about a half dozen tanks at a Syrian airfield where it has been steadily building up defenses" with Reuters adding that "one of the U.S. officials said seven Russian T-90 tanks were seen at the airfield near Latakia, a stronghold of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The two U.S. officials said Russia had also positioned artillery there" adding that "the two U.S. officials said Russia had also positioned artillery, which they said appeared."

Our request was simple: "We can only hope the "anonymous" US officials will soon provide photographic evidence of their claims."

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2015 at 4:59am
The Netherlands is now getting a daily influx of 700 refugees. Germany expects some 800.000 refugees this year. Good news is that Lavrov (Russia FM) and Kerry (US FM) are in contact on how to fight IS. If the wars stop in the Middle East and international aid improves the situation the need to leave those countries disappears. https://www.rt.com/usa/315590-kerry-lavrov-syria-talks/
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 10:40pm
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 9:48am
Things are heating up as Russian ground troops enter Syria.  This is my posting on the situation.

CWN - Crystal World News in brief - It is possible there could be a military conflict which would result in an exchange of gunfire or missiles in Syria between the U.S. and Russia. Any progress gained by the intervention of Russian troops in the war against Isis would be a massive win in control of an area in the middle east the U.S. won for the last 70 years. While this has become a verbal battleground for the candidates for the presidential race in 2016 in the U.S., the real life event are unfolding rapidly. It is sad to see history unfold before our eyes and to lose so much so many have died for so quickly - our credibility and respect in the free and not free world.

comment: Russian ground troops are now in Syria

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 9:55am

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2015 at 10:52am
It is very difficult to take on the mainstream media. This is a serious and volatile situation. We are watching history in the making.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 2:54am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-21/ron-paul-rages-dont-blame-america-blame-neocon-interventionists-syrian-catastrophe

Is the current refugee crisis gripping the European Union “all America’s fault”? That is how my critique of US foreign policy was characterized in a recent interview on the Fox Business Channel. I do not blame the host for making this claim, but I think it is important to clarify the point.

It has become common to discount any criticism of US foreign policy as “blaming America first.” It is a convenient way of avoiding a real discussion. If aggressive US policy in the Middle East – for example in Iraq – results in the creation of terrorist organizations like al-Qaeda in Iraq, is pointing out the unintended consequences of bad policy blaming America? Is it “blaming America” to point out that blowback – like we saw on 9/11 – can be the result of unwise US foreign policy actions like stationing US troops in Saudi Arabia?

In the Fox interview I pointed out that the current refugee crisis is largely caused by bad US foreign policy actions. The US government decides on regime change for a particular country – in this case, Syria – destabilizes the government, causes social chaos, and destroys the economy, and we are supposed to be surprised that so many people are desperate to leave? Is pointing this out blaming America, or is it blaming that part of the US government that makes such foolish policies?

Accusing those who criticize US foreign policy of “blaming America” is pretty selective, however. Such accusations are never leveled at those who criticize a US pullback. For example, most neocons argue that the current crisis in Iraq is all Obama’s fault for pulling US troops out of the country. Are they “blaming America first” for the mess? No one ever says that. Just like they never explain why the troops were removed from Iraq: the US demanded complete immunity for troops and contractors and the Iraqi government refused.

~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 8:04am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/putin-seeks-to-assuage-israels-fears-of-syrian-aggression/2015/09/21/d5a78c56-6053-11e5-8475-781cc9851652_story.html

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to assuage Israel’s fears of potential Iranian and Syrian aggression, during talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday that also addressed concerns over Russia’s military buildup in Syria.

The two leaders agreed on ways to prevent an unintended confrontation between Israel’s military and Russian forces deployed in Syria, Netanyahu told Israeli reporters after the talks, the Haaretz daily reported.

Netanyahu told Putin that Russia needed to know that Israel would take action to prevent these weapons transfers and thus it was important to make sure there were no misunderstandings between their military forces.

During the talks, they agreed on such a mechanism, the Haaretz report said. “It’s enough to imagine the alternative — a dangerous confrontation with Russia, and dealing with these misunderstandings after the fact — to understand the importance of this visit,” the Israeli newspaper quoted Netanyahu as saying.

comment: There is a pattern here of Russia becoming the good guy in the fight against Isis as opposed to U.S. acting with indecision and complacency from when Isis was first formed to topple the government in Syria. This is a strategy gone wrong and if Russia is successful at all and starts appearing as the strong and  acting nation, there will be a great loss of credibility for the U.S.

Although I have listened to tirades against the current administration foreign policy, it really isn't appropriate to launch any personal vendettas against any single person or branch of government.

A weak and less than effective response to Russia's continuing ambitions to expand its territory and influence is creating a growing threat to the Baltic States and other areas. The same general policies can be seen in dealing with China, who continues to increase its presence and control in the South China Sea. They have now  set up a military base on an island they have taken, and now guard the air space over.

It is time  for some of the people in power in Washington to wake up and smell the international coffee and get more  involved  in the Syria conflict, instead of just watching  Russia gain more influence and power in the Middle East.

When the situation in the Ukraine became more serious, the contingency plan for a possible U.S. / Military conflict was reviewed and updated for the first time since the collapse of the Soviet Union. 

See next post.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 8:09am
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/09/18/exclusive-the-pentagon-is-preparing-new-war-plans-for-a-baltic-battle-against-russia/

For the first time since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the U.S. Department of Defense is reviewing and updating its contingency plans for armed conflict with Russia.

The Pentagon generates contingency plans continuously, planning for every possible scenario — anything from armed confrontation with North Korea to zombie attacks. But those plans are also ranked and worked on according to priority and probability. After 1991, military plans to deal with Russian aggression fell off the Pentagon’s radar. They sat on the shelf, gathering dust as Russia became increasingly integrated into the West and came to be seen as a potential partner on a range of issues. Now, according to several current and former officials in the State and Defense departments, the Pentagon is dusting off those plans and re-evaluating them, updating them to reflect a new, post-Crimea-annexation geopolitical reality in which Russia is no longer a potential partner, but a potential threat.

“Given the security environment, given the actions of Russia, it has become apparent that we need to make sure to update the plans that we have in response to any potential aggression against any NATO allies,” says one senior defense official familiar with the updated plans.

comment: Some are taking this a lot more seriously than is being stated in the media. The potential for a conflict here is a reality.  When you start putting military ground and air forces close together in a highly volatile situation - it is dangerous.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 12:27pm
http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/15/9329321/syria-civil-war-360-degree-video-virtual-reality

A Syrian news agency has published a new report that allows viewers to see the devastation of Syria's civil war in 360-degree video. As French newspaper Le Parisien reports, the video was shot by a Syrian journalist in the northwest city of Jisr al-Choughour, near the country's border with Turkey. The images were captured between May and July, using a six-camera system, and were then optimized for virtual reality (VR) headsets by Paris-based Okio Studio.

Jisr al-Choughour has been the site of ongoing bombing and fighting in Syria, which has been engulfed in civil war for four years. As of 2011, there were about 40,000 people living in the city, though many have since fled. In April, Syrian rebel groups seized control of the city from the government of President Bashar al-Assad, though as the video report shows, nearly all of it has been destroyed. Since war broke out between Assad and opposition groups in 2011, more than 200,000 people have been killed.

Medclinician

VR is a cutting edge technology we have been working on for years. Much of it has been used by the military, but it will soon be present and used by the media in reporting world news - the real news - as it happens.

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2015 at 9:09pm
The damn Russians helped Assad to assemble his chemical weapons stockpile.  We caught Assad with tons (yes, TONS) of VX and sarin nerve agents.  

One pinhead-sized drop of VX on your skin is lethal.  

If DAESH gets ahold of that material, it won't be good.
CRS, DrPH
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2015 at 10:27pm
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-23/endgame-putin-bomb-isis-or-without-obama

On Sunday, we noted that Washington’s strategy in Syria has now officially unravelled.

John Kerry, speaking from London following talks with British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond, essentially admitted over the weekend that Russia’s move to bolster the Assad regime at Latakia effectively means that the timing of Assad’s exit is now completely indeterminate. Here’s how we summed up the situation:

Moscow, realizing that instead of undertaking an earnest effort to fight terror in Syria, the US had simply adopted a containment strategy for ISIS while holding the group up to the public as the boogeyman par excellence, publicly invited Washington to join Russia in a once-and-for-all push to wipe Islamic State from the face of the earth. Of course The Kremlin knew the US wanted no such thing until Assad was gone, but by extending the invitation, Putin had literally called Washington’s bluff, forcing The White House to either admit that this isn’t about ISIS at all, or else join Russia in fighting them. The genius of that move is that if Washington does indeed coordinate its efforts to fight ISIS with Moscow, the US will be fighting to stabilize the very regime it sought to oust. 

Revelations (which surprised no one but the Pentagon apparently) that Moscow is coordinating its effortsin Syria with Tehran only serve to reinforce the contention that Assad isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and the US will either be forced to aid in the effort to destroy the very same Sunni extremists that it in some cases worked very hard to support, or else admit that countering Russia and supporting Washington’s regional allies in their efforts to remove Assad takes precedence over eliminating ISIS. Because the latter option is untenable for obvious reasons, Washington has a very real problem on its hands - and Vladimir Putin just made it worse.

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2015 at 5:37am
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2015 at 12:29am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-27/us-ropes-china-join-russian-military-syria-while-iraq-strikes-intel-deal-moscow-tehr

China is fighting Uyghurs in Syria, Russia is fighting Chechens in Syria. Iran and Iraq are joining the Assad regime.

Sure enough, Russian media now says that according to Russian Senator Igor Morozov, Beijing has decided to join the fight. Here’s Pravda (translated): 

According to the Russian Senator Igor Morozov, Beijing has taken decision to take part in combating IS and sent its vessels to the Syrian coast.

Igor Morozov, member of the Russian Federation Committee on International Affairs claimed about the beginning of the military operation by China against the IS terrorists. "It is known, that China has joined our military operation in Syria, the Chinese cruiser has already entered the Mediterranean, aircraft carrier follows it," Morozov said.

According to him, Iran may soon join the operation carried out by Russia against the IS terrorists, via Hezbollah. Thus, the Russian coalition in the region gains ground, and most reasonable step of the US would be to join it. Although the stance of Moscow and Washington on the ways of settlement of the Syrian conflict differs, nonetheless, low efficiency of the US coalition acts against terrorists is obvious. Islamists have just strengthened their positions.

As Leonid Krutakov told Pravda.Ru in an interview, the most serious conflict is currently taking place namely between China and the US. Moscow may support any party, the expert believes, and that is what will change the world order for many years.

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2015 at 12:35am
http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2015/09/27/how-russia-and-iran-plan-to-push-oil-prices-back-above-100/ 

Will IS(IS) be pushed towards their "sponsors" Gulfstates and Turkey, and pushed out of Iraq and Syria ? That would give Russia a higher oil-price, the Chinese already have long-term contracts with Russia and Iran. Egypt and Jordan might join that "peace keeping" intervention. "The West" has a choice, change "partners" or be pushed out of the Middel East. 

Turkey has in the north, on the other side of the Black Sea, the Ukrain. In the south-east Syria, Iraq, Iran. The Ankara government will have to reconsider its position. Gulf States are already so fragile that a large influx of refugees would mean the end of the status qua for their corrupt regimes. 

The recent Mecca-pilgrimage disaster (due to an unexpected royal showing up ? http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mecca-hajj-stampede-road-closures-saudi-arabia-king-salman-blamed-eid-al-adha-catastrophe-1521183)) only makes things worse for the Saudi-kingdom. Their war in Jemen (after the KSA intervention in Bahrein in support of the Sunni-elite) is not going as planned. 
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2015 at 12:40am
http://thenewsdoctors.com/war-on-syria-not-quite-according-to-plan-part-4-the-undoing-of-the-plotters/

On the American side, when American Foreign Secretary Kerry made a conclusive statement in the last few days saying that President Assad has to go, but the timing of his departure is negotiable, he formally confirmed that the American green bottle has fallen off the wall. In the blink of an eye, world leaders within the Anti-Syrian Cocktail rallied to shamelessly echo those same words, clearly indicating who is their boss, and clearly presenting that they do not have minds of their own. We shall look at the Russian side later on.

Merkel, Hollande, and even Australian Foreign Minister Bishop made similar announcements, but none was more pleasing to the ears of Syrians more than the one that came out of the mouth of Erdogan himself.

A few days before any of this, and in a recent interview on “Redline” on Sputnik Radio, I was asked by the host Andrew Korybko what game is Erdogan playing now. My response was the name of the game is “game over”.

Not only has the “Anti-Syrian Cocktail” fallen apart, but in a twist of fate, all of its key players are having serious problems of their own, and thus all the green bottles are falling off the wall.

The main green bottle we need to watch out for after the USA is no doubt Turkey.

~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2015 at 9:22am
http://www.debka.com/article/24915/First-US-Russian-air-clash-builds-up-as-Moscow-orders-US-planes-to-exit-Syrian-air-space

That Russia launched its first air strikes in Syria Wednesday, Sept. 30 was confirmed by the Russian Defense Ministry in Moscow and criticized by US officials. Moscow stressed that it acted in support of Bashar Assad’s war on the Islamic State, assisted by other foreign powers including Iran and Iraq working together from an allied command center in Baghdad. Its targets were described as stores, ammunition dumps and vehicles, located according to US sources around Homs and Hama. The Russian communiqués did not indicate which organizations were bombed.

The Russian aerial offensive marks a turning point in Middle East affairs. Russia is emerging strongly as the number one power in the region. The governments which hitherto coordinated their military polices with the US, like those of Israel, Jordan and Turkey will have to reassess their orientation and affinities in a hurry.
For Israel it is the end of years of freedom for its air force to strike its enemies from the skies of Syria or Lebanon. It also marks the end of any plans Turkey and Jordan may have entertained for setting up buffer and no-fly zones in Syria to protect their borders.

Washington quickly criticized the air strikes, but said Moscow’s moves would not change the US-led air campaign targeting the Islamic State in Syria. That remains to be seen.

Secretary of State John Kerry told Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov that the Russian air strikes are “not helpful,” and ran counter to the effort to make sure mishaps do not happen inadvertently in the air.

Medclinician

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2015 at 9:34am
http://tribelive.ning.com/forum/breaking-news-israel-prepares-ground-invasion-of-syria

If Israel invades Syria to keep Iran/Hezballah away from its borders that is a very serious escalation. 
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Dutch Josh Dutch Josh wrote:

http://tribelive.ning.com/forum/breaking-news-israel-prepares-ground-invasion-of-syria

If Israel invades Syria to keep Iran/Hezballah away from its borders that is a very serious escalation. 

Although the Israelis held back as Saddam Hussein pelted them with Scuds and we watched on the world news as they blew up
(info on this here) http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/18/newsid_4588000/4588486.stm
, the U.S. picked the wrong people to try and topple Assad.  For a quick read on Assad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad
and Syrian opposition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_opposition
The mistake was to arm terrorists
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/updated-obama-waives-ban-on-arming-terrorists-to-allow-aid-to-syrian-opposition/article/2535885

This is where things went wrong. This can be expressed in a "What the H was that man thinking?" which may cover other topic areas but is certainly not appropriate to put guns in the hands of Al Queda - the group that blew up the Twin Towers and made 9-11 a reality.

Case in point as the Hezbollah and the Syrian Army enter Al-Zabadani

http://www.islamicinvitationturkey.com/2015/09/21/hezbollah-and-the-syrian-army-enter-downtown-al-zabadani-before-ceasefire-implementation/

As the Hamas also joined the battle - it would appear the U.S. had embraced two of Israel's worst enemies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/world/middleeast/hamas-leader-supports-syrian-opposition.html?_r=0

GAZA —A leader of Hamas spoke out against President Bashar al-Assad of Syria on Friday, throwing its support behind the opposition and stripping Damascus of what little credibility it may have retained with the Arab street. It was Hamas’s first public break with its longtime patron.

Although the word terrorist has the opposite definition as euphemism (nice word for) to be fighting on the same side as two groups in bitter opposition to  the U.S. seems to be an act of serious confusion.

The United States current administration is having somewhat of an identity crisis in befriending groups that they are fighting against  in other countries.

Now as Russia comes to in to play the "voice of reason" and the good guy fighting Israel's enemies is it any wonder Israel may be getting a little confused as to which side they are on?

This is becoming a public relations disaster, which seems to be the name of some game as Isis becomes very vocal and puts out a lot of videos. The media is a sword and for the moment-
America's picture is no longer one of a caped crusader for truth, justice, and the American way - but in alliance with people that basically hate them.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2015 at 3:11pm
Russia fighter jets arrive in Syria
courtesy of ASAP Breaking News
Some scenes may be too intense for children or young people. Be advised.

comment: The Pentagon says that Russian fighter jets have arrived in Syria. This  increases the possibility of U.S. / Russian conflict.  The ending to this video is very intense.  There should be no biased in reporting and this in my thinking, clouds the rest of the video  - but I have posted it as it was found on the net. 

The Real News
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 3:12am
http://debka.com/article/24909/A-Chinese-aircraft-carrier-docks-at-Tartus-to-support-Russian-Iranian-military-buildup-

As US President Barack Obama welcomed Chinese President Xi Jinping to the White House on Friday, Sept. 25, and spoke of the friendship between the two countries, the Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning-CV-16 docked at the Syrian port of Tartus, accompanied by a guided missile cruiser. This is revealed exclusively byDEBKAfile.
Beijing is not finding it hard to dance at two weddings, wooing the US for better relations, while at the same time backing Russia in its military intervention in Syria. Coupled with the warm smiles and handshakes exchanged at the lavish reception on the White House lawn, Beijing was clearly bent on showing muscle – not just in the South China Sea, but by allying itself with the Russian-Iranian political and military buildup in support of Syrian President Bashar Assad and his regime.   
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 8:00am
The following attack is not against Isis (or the U.S. admins persistent term Isil) It is against the rebel forces and there are no Isis troops anywhere in sight or nearby. Seeing as we are backing the rebels with air operations it is inevitable there will be an exchange of fire between U.S. fighter jets and Russians not if but when.

It is highly unlikely we can maintain any type of combat presence supporting a group the Russians are attacking. Also Iran troops have now moved in to fight beside the Russians. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Medclinician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOvD8yW1bQ

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 8:06am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RhyJ0cn1Os

Second video uploaded by independent news source
You probably will have to go to the youtube host to view this
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 8:34am
Film posted on net by activists - shows that civilians were hit. Some info is stating there were no Isis units nearby. Most of the area in one video claimed as an Isil target was controlled by the Free Syrian Army. All of the casualties in one bombing were civilians - some of them children.

Medclinician

A large number of independent journalists and videos are depicting events which are the opposite of claims and formal news releases.

The Real News

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 8:47am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coalition_for_Syrian_Revolutionary_and_Opposition_Forces

This group represents the majority of countries who are united in trying to remove Assad from power. Some military forces have been mobilized off the coast of Syria.

comment: Despite the discussion fighter jets are moving to the areas which will likely be bombing or fighting is some of the same areas. In same ways, it may be a reality that despite the clicking of glasses and toasts - a very dangerous situation if forming for a possible conflict.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 11:23am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-01/mid-east-coup-russia-pounds-militant-targets-iran-readies-ground-invasions-while-sau

Iran will deliver "boots on the ground" both in Syria and Iraq. Russia and China send in their airforce and "advisors". 

For Russia this "intervention" is meant as a sign that they want to be taken serious (by the US/NATO and others). Also China wants to make clear that they can fight if they think that that is needed (they choose to fight over the South China Sea in the Middle East-the signal should be loud and clear). 

I understand also Egypt (more or less) is on the side of Russia/China. Saudi Arabia/Gulf States only can handle if they get support from NATO/US. But Turkey is divided and on its way to new elections. Things are on the move.

The propagandawar http://wtfrly.com/2015/10/01/syria-aid-groups-use-same-photo-wounded-child-assad-russia/#.Vg17WXrtmko Western media have a lot of pictures they can use. 
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 11:26am
The future of journalism and news reporting will be independent smaller news versus the literal choke hold of controlled media.  Formal news releases during the Syrian Conflict Crises - are not accurate. There are a lot of intelligence "advisers" in Syria and it is likely they have been hit or will be in the near future. No one is coordinating air strikes under the rebel forces really and the odds of a bad incident loom larger. You just can't have all this military power with attacks by Russia on possible American and other nations in the area without serious problems.

We are not in a courtroom and lawyer type tactics are impotent in the face of powerful military forces and fighters. We are watching history unfold and there is reason for serious concern here. Thank you to Cips for this which did have 0 views and now has 224.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 1:40am
American NATO bombs are stabilizing Syria, Russian bombs are destabilizing Syria.... Al Qaeda is "moderate opposition" that should replace Assad.... weak story, not convincing. 

~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 7:47am
Although some of the videos I am posting are being pulled or blocked, some independents still remain up. I am getting into some fierce debates with some users as to what is happening in Syria currently and the politics of the Obama - Putin Drama as per who is the most powerful or doing the right thing.

We are on the verge of a possible nuclear war.  If nothing else, it is a not lose face situation with Russia attacking United States and allies in their supported positions with some attacks on areas where there are no Isis members present and groups of intelligence from CIA, Mossad,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossad  and MI6 are present and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Intelligence_Service
for years there have been not so secret operations in the Middle East and other areas of the world involving "advisers" in the absence of military forces fighting. This was also true of Russia as U.S. attacked Baghdad that fled to Syria and were fired on as they tried to escape. 

The U.S. is "considering military force" in defending its positions in Syria and this could result in an exchange which could result in a declaration of war. Chinese warships are headed towards the area and China could also become involved. How could there be a "limited" declaration of war to fight only in the region which would not lead to a global conflict? To the people I continue to debate on the net ,those in the media and commentators who are releasing editorials  while others are supporting my thoughts I have been posting  on this since day one, this is not about Obama and Putin. 

It is about a moral situation where weapons of mass destruction i.e. barrel gas bombs have been used against civilians to retake areas where other normal military methods were failing. There can be no justification for the use of weapons of mass destruction or the defense of those doing so.

This is not about the 2016 U.S. election and what candidates are saying is irrelevant in that none of them may ever make it to office. Who cares what they think when the reality is a conflict happening now they have no say in or power to do anything about?  Although a nuclear exchange may not occur in Syria, it may make powerful nations more bold in other areas when forces will clash and a real possibility of the use of limited tactical nukes exists.

Not a day at a time now - we watch by the hour- and the situation grows worse. God help us all to avoid a war in which no one wins.

Medclinician
Breaking News October 1 2015 Russia Iran China Invasion in Syria & Iraq Iran Russia alliance - Chinese warship on its way to Syria http://www.thehindu.com/news/internat... ASSAD support Chinese troops to join Russian marines in Syria to Battle ISIS ISIL DEASH http://www.ibtimes.co.in/chinese-troo... Iraq Iran Russia alliance to battle Islamic State http://www.irna.ir/en/News/81774628/ Obama says

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 8:07am
Although most Western journalists have never been in this area - the battle continues and has been raging. First hand reports of the use of barrel bombs and gas - weapons of mass destruction against civilians.  The Real News.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 7:46pm
This is a clip from President's Press statement as of 4 pm. EST 10/2/15 United States

What is positive is some efforts are being made to prevent a direct military conflict between jets as Syrian Army positions are being attacked by Russia and Iran. No matter what is being stated U.S. forces and those of several other nations are off the coast of Syria as well as battleships coming from China.

Medclinician

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 1:21am
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-02/theyre-hopping-mad-us-and-saudi-arabia-russian-strikes-syria-spark-epic-western-medi 

"The terrible Russians are killing civilians in Syria with bad bombs while the US has "good bombs"that only kill bad guys". Is the western media totally idiotic ? 

More intelligent questions should be how reactions on this Russian and Chinese (forgotten in western media http://www.debka.com/article/24926/Chinese-warplanes-to-join-Russian-air-strikes-in-Syria-Russia-gains-Iraqi-air-base) intervention will look like. 

The EU can expect 1.2 million refugees from the Middle East. They would welcome stability in that Middle East to stop the influx. If Russia and China can fix "that problem" in 4 months http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-02/russia-says-syria-air-raids-last-3-4-months-moscow-releases-new-videos-strikes  I think that will be welcomed. 

Israel did know what to expect from Assad, an "armed peace/cold war" co-existence. If they can talk with Russia to keep Iran and Hezbollah away from Israels borders Israel might be better of with stabilization. Jordan and Egypt want an end to the unrest.

The (royal) dictators in the Gulf States that are sponsoring IS and refuse to take any responsibility for refugees because that would destabilize their rule have a big problem. They are confronted with a two front war. In the north the wars in Iraq and Syria will move south when Iran moves in with their army, supported by Russian and Chineese Air Force. In the south Jemen Houthi-rebels are moving into Saudi Arabia (backed by Iran). 

Turkey has elections within a few months. The wars in Syria and Iraq were not popular with most of the Turkish citizens. The AK-party is held responsible by a lot of Turks for escalating those wars, giving support to IS. The Alevite and Kurdish minorities demand change. 

The US is losing support by claiming that Al Nusra/Al Quaeda are "moderate alternatives" for Assad. If Russia/China can stop IS(IS) in months what has the US been doing all the time. http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/10/02/431696/US-Russia-Syria Russia and China want the US/NATO to pay for the damage their "products"IS(IS) Al Qaeda/Al Nusra did. 

Russia is invited by Iraq to start bombing IS from a base that is also in use by the US air force. 
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 1:37am
@Medclinician, I do not think this crisis will escalate to World War 3. My impression is that to coalition of Russia-China and Iran is a "take over" and the US has lost this battle. Any further action by the US (without much support) will worsen the situation for the U.S. 

The best thing for the U.S. to do is start talking about the future of the Middle East. It is in nobody's interest to start a war between the US and Gulf-corrupt-states and the Russian-China-Iran-Iraq-Syria (and Egypt, Jemen etc.) coalition.

If Russia/China and Iran succeed in Iraq and Syria their next step could be "invited stabilization"of Afghanistan. Maybe also west of Jemen, Somalia, might be "of their interest". If the US/NATO do not want that it is time to take action there. (Russian propaganda channel http://southfront.org/ on Iran  groundoffensive http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-03/largest-us-foreign-policy-blunder-vietnam-complete-iran-readies-massive-syrian-groun
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 1:21pm
Meanwhile - as we watch the gathering storm in the Middle East

http://www.indrastra.com/2015/09/IM-Chinese-Military-Experts-Troops-Deployment-to-Syria-251.html

The situation is heating up in Syria yet again. If reports coming from Almasdar News are accurate, another troop deployment will soon be about to take place – in addition to the 2,000 Russian troops who arrived earlier this week. This time, however, the troops are coming from China. Leith Fadel of Almasdar News (the Arab Source), reported that China has now decided to commit troops and military aircraft to Syria within the next six weeks. Although the reports have not been independently confirmed, the outlet cited a senior Syrian officer in the Syrian military for the claims regarding the Chinese plans. Fadel’s information has proven accurate many times in the past.
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015, early morning, a Chinese naval vessel reportedly traveled through Egypt’s Suez Canal to enter the Mediterranean Sea; its destination was not confirmed.However, according to a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) that is stationed inside the Syrian coastal city of Latakia, Chinese military personnel and aerial assets are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks (6 weeks) to the port-city of Tartous – he could not provide anymore detail.

Also, Russia's Defence Ministry on Thursday said it will hold naval drills in the "east Mediterranean" in September and October, as the West frets over a military buildup by Moscow in Syria.The exercises include three warships from Russia's Black Sea Fleet, including the Saratov landing ship, the Moskva guided missile cruiser and the Smetlivy destroyer, the ministry said in a statement. The drills will involve "40 combat exercises, including rocket and artillery fire at sea and airborne targets," the statement said. The Moskva cruiser, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, left its base in Crimea on Thursday September 24, 2015 and is now heading to the exercises, the Ministry added separately.
Russia has made it abundantly clear that they are taking an active role in this conflict, but the news of the Chinese military to Syria provides more insight into their contingency.There is clearly a mutual threat shared between Syria and China with both countries under attack from Uyghur terrorists who are typically controlled by Turkish and Western intelligence. China’s growing Uyghur separatists movement in Xinjang, recent bombings in  to Turkey’s Uyghur “Grey Wolves,” and Turkistan Islamic Party/Army of Conquest Turkish-backed terrorists at work in Syria assisting in the supplying Chinese Uyghur terrorists with fake passports and engaging in terrorist/military operations against the Syrian government, all represent a threat that exists both to the existence of the Assad government in Syria and the government in China.

comment: There is a massive - we are talking tens of thousands of posts on the net at least - of fairly inaccurate bantering rants concerning this incident.  There are so many blatant untruths in recent press releases it is very difficult to sort out what is happening in Syria or has happened over the last few years. The first extraction needed is all the Obama and Putin rhetoric in terms of who is the wimp and who is the tough guy. No one cares. This international flexing of muscles is only creating a cluster-whatever in Syria.  With China headed there with not just ships but troops, Russia there also with forces from Iran, and so called surgical strikes on areas occupied in part by Americans - it is a mess.

For one, no matter how honed the strike, if you only give someone 3 hours notice or else they will be vaporized, that really is not going to prevent carnage.

As Christian as I am - what is not needed at this point is blasts of Apocalyptic verses and the inability to step back and see this in a tactical perspective.  Simply

1) The Assad regime was a horror story to many who were killed by barrel bombs and chlorine gas. This was done because they were losing cities and it was the only way to get the rebels out.  In a civilized world there is a limit to the kinds of weapons you can use, the way POWs and civilians are treated and what is genocide or should be stopped.

2) There are no Good Guys anymore. Supporting horror story attacks against women and children or supporting terrorists who sometimes eat and behead their victims - are not good options.  America had their chance to go in and mop up. With stronger leadership, they would have.

3) When and if the Apocalypse comes and the bombs fly - prophets will not get any gold stars or brownie points for being right. As was once said "All are punished." Romeo and Juliet - Shakespeare

There is one truism that is understood and has been for thousands of years. Although war is terrible and fighting for freedom is life threatening, no one respects weakness.  Sitting around talking and negotiating has never stopped a World War yet. At their outbreak, especially World War II they were talking peace.

What is truly amazing is that everyone in the U.S. had their chance to vote and choose.  The only people they have to blame for the incredibly bad situations are themselves.

Someone needs a show stopper here - an unexpected turn of events - and the U.S. needs it the most of all. In fact it needs more than an event, it needs a miracle. If you want to pray for something - and are in the U.S. and belong to any religion or group that prays - pray for that.

Day by day - War in Syria - basically out of control.

Medclinician
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 10:35pm
Because developments go fast in the Middle East for those interested some sites that could provide information between their propaganda. A short term agenda for the coming weeks seems to be that Russia and China "deal" with Syria and Iraq. Iran will become the regional "leading state"but only because China/Russia want that. 

On the longer term, based on the Asian Infrastructure Investing Bank, Shanghai Economic Treaty etc. Russia will be exporting for the coming 30 years oil/gas from Siberia to China and via China to Pakistan. Malaysia (Petro Nas(ional)) is also working on a pipeline to China. Russia will support China's claims in the South China Sea and China/Russia will support Iran in Jemen (Bahrein, Somalia, Afghanistan etc.)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ Canada, very critical of US/NATO
http://www.veteranstoday.com/ US, very critical of US, NATO, Israel
http://www.debka.com/ Israel, military
http://southfront.org/ pro-russian "independent"
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2015 at 11:10pm
http://english.cntv.cn/2015/10/04/VIDE1443933480317868.shtml New Silk Road plans for the long term and for EurAsia. The Chinese involvement military is just a small part of their long term (30 years) plan. China itself has coal in Manchuria but oil and gas can be found in the South and East China Sea. Pipelines from Russia, Malaysia, Pakistan of course also can be used to export from China to the rest of the world. Countries like Australia depended on exports to China. Also in Africa and Latin America China is a major investor (also buying real estate in Europe and North America). 
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Dutch Josh Dutch Josh wrote:

http://english.cntv.cn/2015/10/04/VIDE1443933480317868.shtml New Silk Road plans for the long term and for EurAsia. The Chinese involvement military is just a small part of their long term (30 years) plan. China itself has coal in Manchuria but oil and gas can be found in the South and East China Sea. Pipelines from Russia, Malaysia, Pakistan of course also can be used to export from China to the rest of the world. Countries like Australia depended on exports to China. Also in Africa and Latin America China is a major investor (also buying real estate in Europe and North America). 

We are losing ground and credibility in terms of the Syrian Crisis. As other nations step forward to fight Isis (by whatever name you wish to call it) it is clear that it is not a matter of choice for them, but necessity. Isis is a clear and dangerous threat to Russia, China, and many countries in the world. This is no regional skirmish in Iraq - this is a force which is establishing a power trying to unite Iraq, Syria, and recruiting fighters successfully from all over the world.

I still think if a nuke were launched on Assad it would cause a World War.  Yet, there is a real debate here as to whether the U.S. is going to take any aggressive action to stop Russia at this point or even Iran who is fighting in Iraq.

The U.S. could lose their position as the #1 super power on Earth. If I were in a position to do anything, which I will never be, I would recommend pulling our forces to the U.S., consolidating our strength and fixing our economy and to try and at least work with other countries as a partner rather than a super star.  It will take time to win back trust and respect and credibility. The current administration will never have that again and we will be lucky if the next one does.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 1:17pm
It would appear to me some people in the media and the governments in the world are getting seriously confused and very uninformed.
For one the word ISIS means something. It isn't just a convenient term that was changed to ISIL or IS
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام‎), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS, /ˈsɨs/) or the Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham,[29] Islamic State (IS),[30] or Daesh (داعش, Arabic pronunciation: [ˈdaːʕiʃ]),[31] is a Salafi jihadist extremist militant group and self-proclaimed Islamic state and caliphate, which is led by and mainly composed of Sunni Arabs from Iraq and Syria.[32] As of March 2015, it has control over territory occupied by ten million people[33] in Iraq and Syria, and has nominal control over small areas of Libya, Nigeria and Nangarhar Province in eastern Afghanistan.[34] The group also operates or has affiliates in other parts of the world, including South Asia.[35][36]

On 29 June 2014, the group renamed itself ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah (الدولة الإسلامية, "Islamic State" (IS)) and declared it a worldwide caliphate.[37][62][63] Accordingly, the "Iraq and Shām" was removed from all official deliberations and communications, and the official name became the Islamic State from the date of the declaration. The name "Islamic State" and the claim of a caliphate have been widely criticised, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to use it.[61][64][65][66][67][68][69][70]

Before the January offensive against ISIS, ordinary residents across rebel areas held massive anti-ISIS protests, inspiring mainstream Syrian rebels to form new coalitions that took the fight to the extremists. These outgunned rebels succeeded where well-armed Iraqi troops failed because they’re fighting for a cause widely supported by the civilians behind them, and they’re fighting for their own land.

Had the Obama administration armed these rebels at their peak, instead of merely declaring repeatedly that Bashar al-Assad’s fall was inevitable, there would likely be no ISIS today. Two years ago, Syrian rebels were making gains against the regime by the day. ISIS didn’t exist, and Syrian al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat Nusra claimed at most 1,500 combatants.

But global al Qaeda supporters gave Nusra superior weapons and funding, a step Obama has yet to truly take on behalf of mainstream rebels. As a consequence, Nusra grew stronger, and was later surpassed by the even more radical ISIS.

Syrian rebels are fighting a true two-front war. As they threatened ISIS’ main headquarters in January, Assad launched a vicious campaign of air raids on them that virtually emptied the largest city in northern Syria of civilians. That assault saved ISIS.

Now, after the fall of Mosul, regime bombers have finally launched air raids on the ISIS headquarters — but air power alone can’t really threaten it. Assad’s move is just a public-relations ploy — an effort to get Washington to support the regime as the best hope of stopping ISIS.

More relevant are events in eastern Syria: The ISIS attack on Mosul was launched from eastern Syria, in particular from the banks of the Khabur River, which was in Syrian rebel hands as recently as three months ago.

Now ISIS has returned to Syria with the US-made weapons it looted from Mosul, and threatens the city of Deir Ezzor, the largest population center in eastern Syria and a longtime rebel stronghold. If ISIS takes Deir Ezzor, it could launch an ever more catastrophic assault on Baghdad or southern Iraq without fear of attacks from its rear. Deir Ezzor City is now under a de facto joint siege by ISIS forces in the north and Assad forces in the south.

comment: The problem is that many of these "terrorist organizations" were created to help the U.S. fight Russia or other countries.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/09/sleeping-with-the-devil-how-u-s-and-saudi-backing-of-al-qaeda-led-to-911.html

It is clear that there is a threat not just to the region, but to the world. Other countries are realizing that this is serious and the flooding of refugees from the war torn country is a huge threat to their national security and could bring the war inside with outbreaks in their large cities.

We are on the verge of a Holy War - but the now it is one where the fighters are not necessarily religious or even inspired to fight in the name of God in any form. They will fight a godless war against those heavily motivated and willing to commit suicide in their attacks.

The price for all these covert operations is about to be paid and the option of an open cooperation of other countries to fight may be more appealing than adviser wars from the shadows.

A Holy war without both declaring that God is on their side... that would be a first in history.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 10:14pm
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-05/syria-ground-war-imminent-us-accuses-russia-launching-syrian-land-campaign Medclinician, I fully agree with you on the importance of the escalation of the war(s) in the middle east. 

Islamic State is also active in the Sinaï, (Egypt) and in Libya. Al Nusra has 3000 fighters in the Ukrain. Jihadi's come from Chechinia and Eastern China (also somefrom southern Thailand, Philipinas, and the largest muslim-country Indonesia)

But (as always) these wars are economic based and use religion as an excuse. The sunni-shia-conflict is a conflict that is very widespread. The wars for pipelines and oil/gas are in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria. To make things worse there is also a watercrisis in the whole region. 

Russia and China are in these conflicts for energy but also they do not accept the US as the "only superpower" any longer. Saudi Arabia wants to dominate the Middle East but find Iran (and Egypt-the largest population in the Arab Worl both Iran and Egypt +80 million) on its path.
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 3:29pm
Once in a galaxy far far away - strange how people can forget things
http://www.jpost.com/Syria-Crisis/Expert-US-led-attack-on-Syria-may-lead-to-increased-Russian-cooperation-with-Iran-324368
Russia warned Western powers on Monday against any military intervention in Syria, saying the use of force without a United Nations mandate would violate international law. Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Moscow had no plans to be drawn into a military conflict over the civil war in Syria and that Washington and its allies would be repeating “past mistakes” if they intervened in Syria.

Ariel Cohen, a senior research fellow at the US think tank the Heritage Foundation, told The Jerusalem Post in an interview on Monday that in response to an attack on their Syrian ally, Russia could “expand supply of dual use nuclear technology” to Iran as its nuclear energy company, Rosatom, is anxious to sell more reactors.

If the Syrians have the Russian P-800 supersonic anti-ship cruise missile or the advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missile system or other sophisticated equipment deployed, “they may use them to shoot at NATO or Western forces involved in these operations,” said Cohen.

The worst case scenario, which Cohen emphasizes, has a low probability, would be that an attack would lead Russia to go on a nuclear alert for the first time since the end of the Cold War.

comment: This was posted by Ariel Ben Solomon  8/27/2013
Russia warned Western powers on Monday against any military intervention in Syria, saying the use of force without a United Nations mandate would violate international law

What part of this is unclear?

Currently there are Chinese warships headed for the area with troops. There are Iranian troops fighting and it is only because warships don't fly that there are not a group of more ships armed with nuclear missiles in addition to what is already there.

He believes that if it is proved that chemical weapons were used by Syria, Russia would seriously review its position on Syria.

There is indisputable evidence that chemical weapons were used by the  Assad regime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10796175/Syria-chemical-weapons-the-proof-that-Assad-regime-launching-chlorine-attacks-on-children.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2mJhdrPC2w
(security is on this video- so you will have to go to the site to view it)

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 11:21pm
http://www.globalresearch.ca/a-useful-prep-sheet-on-syria-for-media-propagandists/5480226

Here are some State Department talking points on Syria for cable news anchors:

1) Keep mentioning the barrel bombs. Do not mention how their use was pioneered by the Israeli Air Force in 1948, and how they were used by the US Air Force in Vietnam in Operation Inferno in 1968. Keep repeating, “barrel bombs, barrel bombs” and stating with a straight face that the Syrian regime is using them “against its own people.” Against its own people. Against its own people. Against its own people.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-06/russia-plotting-bring-down-opec

~Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic