Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

This whole site is about the Pandemic Flu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member
Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt-3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This whole site is about the Pandemic Flu
    Posted: November 11 2015 at 8:02pm
Not Ebola and not SARS but the flu virus.

Its back its flu season and people are in danger from H7N9

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2015 at 11:29pm
I have to disagree with you Kilt-3, while H7N9 has high mortality in humans and is well entrenched in China's bird population it is not able to sustain H2H transmission yet, although this could change thorough re-assortment with other corona types.

SARS, MERS, EBOLA are also important in one way or another, you need to consider the wider scope of events to get a clearer picture.

As for this Flu season you're right to be concerned at the developing situation as it's just a matter of time, it maybe this season or the next but its definitely coming.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Kilt-3 Kilt-3 wrote:

Not Ebola and not SARS but the flu virus.

Its back its flu season and people are in danger from H7N9

I think we are going to see a 3 prong Pandemic, Kilt. As in multiple viruses or prions co-infecting people at the same time. As the new generation have little immunity to many things us older people were vaccinated for, you may see Cholera, Smallpox, even a new version of Polio that hit the Ukraine surface again.

Captain Trips will have a new face, or several. (The Stand by Stephen King)

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 4:48pm
Perhaps the name of this site is simply misleading and no longer relevant but because it is a recognisable brand there is no point in changing it. I think it's a good thing that this site covers all infectious diseases and doesn't limit itself to the narrow band that is flu. It also makes it a more interesting site as there's something new most days.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 5:06pm
Yes this site is about flu but Albert has made sure that all viruses and bacteria that can kill all of us is made front and center.

We will not know until "IT" hits humans and starts killing us in droves. Does not matter what "IT" is but I can tell you this AFT is the first place I will come to and sort out what is really happening and look for information and support.

As people come to this site they too will see the truth of it and will keep coming back or will be poorer for it if they do not come back.
Kilt-3 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member
Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt-3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 6:37pm
Ebola was never going to be a problem - it was in 4 countries but those countries have certain "funeral practices" that when I mentioned them for discussion I was called a racist and banned for telling the truth.

It is the Flu and nothing else that is the Number 1 danger to humanity. Just the Flu.

It has not gone H2H but it has in clusters gone H2H and those clusters are blind and get longer and longer before stopping.

Then when a H2H cluster gets to 100 people and then stops, its time to lock the gate because the Pandemic will start within days.

People are getting the H5N1 and the H7N9 and all it takes is for them to also contract the Human Flu so they mutate by shift rather than drift.

But the problem is both the H5N1 and H7N9 have drift mutated and now - RIGHT NOW all H5N1 needs do is make 1 more genetic tweak and its a Human virus.

The H7N9 just need 3 genetic tweaks and they are Human viruses.

Every time a human is infected by the flu - these changed take place.

The flu pandemic is imminent 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 3:27am
In my opinion (and it is just an opinion) here is where all threats and prepping are covered.  Because flu is the most probable gigantic killer, flu gets the name.  But advice on bunker-building, bug-out-bags, skinning-a-deer and even how to deal with zombies, mutant killer butterflies or an alien invasion belong here too.  Ok, so they are far smaller risks, but ebola did show us how the profoundly unexpected can emerge from left field.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 7:35am
BREAKING NEWS ***** Probable Nosocomial Transmission Of H7N9 In China*****

If true this could be a big development, evidence of probable transmission of bird flu virus between two unrelated individuals is a worrying development.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-11-evidence-probable-transmission-bird-flu.html
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 8:01am
Originally posted by wrote:

BREAKING NEWS ***** Probable Nosocomial Transmission Of H7N9 In China*****

If true this could be a big development, evidence of probable transmission of bird flu virus between two unrelated individuals is a worrying development.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-11-evidence-probable-transmission-bird-flu.html

This is worthy of it's own post - I hope you don't mind if I move the link. Not a member yet?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

In my opinion (and it is just an opinion) here is where all threats and prepping are covered.  Because flu is the most probable gigantic killer, flu gets the name.  But advice on bunker-building, bug-out-bags, skinning-a-deer and even how to deal with zombies, mutant killer butterflies or an alien invasion belong here too.  Ok, so they are far smaller risks, but ebola did show us how the profoundly unexpected can emerge from left field.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 9:34am
Hubby, WillobyBrat, agrees - BIG TIME!!!  

LOL
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic