Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

ISIS threatens to attack U.S.-video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISIS threatens to attack U.S.-video
    Posted: November 16 2015 at 1:57pm
This is very serious.  It has been many years since I have tracked this kind of thing and it is something very hard to protect against. Paris is only the beginning - and we should prepare ourselves for attacks from IS not if but when.  It is sad the world has come to this, but it has.  I in no way condone or approve of this. I am a U.S. Veteran and loyal to my country. The nations of the world must try to unite to deal with not the Muslim religion - but the extremist threat. Individuals should not be targeted nor those of the Muslim faith.  The first solution to this is to realize how very possible it is and focus our intelligence on the Playstation IV and other methods used to communicate and plan these attacks - and stop them.

Medclinician - may peace somehow win over chaos.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 2:59pm
Researcher: What I Learned From Interviewing ISIS Prisoners

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/11/researcher-what-i-learned-interviewing
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2015 at 3:10pm
Med you know as well as I do that it will be hard to separate the extremist from the regular Muslim. I have been through this scenario during the Nam war! Our military did not have a chance that is why France did not stay in Nam and why we left in defeat.

People had better wise up and get ready to conceal carry because you will not know who are the bad guys and they can strike you and your family at any time.

During Christmas break I am going to try and get my son and I a conceal carry. It is coming folks just wait ISIS has kept their promises and we have a weak President and a weak Congress.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 10:05am
this is a post from over on ModernSurvivalBlog,in it's entirety

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/terror...weeks/#respond

" Religion of Peace says:
November 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM

THE CALL TO JIHAD: THREE STAGES

When we turn to Islam’s theological sources and historical writings (Qur’an, Hadith, Sira, and Tafsir), we find that there are three stages in the call to Jihad, depending on the status of Muslims in a society.

STAGE ONE—When Muslims are completely outnumbered and can’t possibly win a physical confrontation with unbelievers, they are to live in peace with non-Muslims and preach a message of tolerance. We see an example of this stage when Muhammad and his followers were a persecuted minority in Mecca. Since the Muslims were entirely outnumbered, the revelations Muhammad received during this stage (e.g. “You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion”) called for religious tolerance and proclaimed a future punishment (rather than a worldly punishment) for unbelievers.

STAGE TWO—When there are enough Muslims and resources to defend the Islamic community, Muslims are called to engage in defensive Jihad. Thus, when Muhammad had formed alliances with various groups outside Mecca and the Muslim community had become large enough to begin fighting, Muhammad received Qur’an 22:39-40:

Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them; Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: our Lord is Allah. . . .

Although Muslims in the West often pretend that Islam only allows defensive fighting, later revelations show otherwise.

STAGE THREE—When Muslims establish a majority and achieve political power in an area, they are commanded to engage in offensive Jihad. Hence, once Mecca and Arabia were under Muhammad’s control, he received the call the fight all unbelievers. In Surah 9:29, we read:

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Notice that this verse doesn’t order Muslims to fight oppressors, but to fight those who don’t believe in Islam (including the “People of the Book”—Jews and Christians).

Not surprisingly, we find similar commands in Islam’s most trusted collections of ahadith (traditions containing Muhammad’s teachings).

Sahih al-Bukhari 6924—Muhammad said: “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and whoever said La ilaha illahllah, Allah will save his property and his life from me.”

Sahih Muslim 30—Muhammad said: “I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah.”

Here again, the criterion for fighting people is that the people believe something other than Islam.

It’s clear, then, that when Muslims rose to power, peaceful verses of the Qur’an were abrogated by verses commanding Muslims to fight people based on their beliefs. Islam’s greatest scholars acknowledge this. For instance, Ibn Kathir (Islam’s greatest commentator on the Qur’an) sums up Stage Three as follows: “Therefore all people of the world should be called to Islam. If anyone of them refuses to do so, or refuses to pay the Jizyah, they should be fought till they are killed.”

III. WHEN MUSLIMS REACH STAGE THREE

Abrogation also accounts for shifting attitudes regarding Jews and Christians in the Qur’an. While Muslims are to be friendly to Jews and Christians when the former are outnumbered, the Islamic position changes when Muslims reach Stage Three, at which point Christians and Jews are to recognize their inferior status and pay the Jizyah (a payment made to Muslims in exchange for not being killed by them). Consider some of Muhammad’s later teachings about Christians and Jews:

Qur’an 5:51—O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Qur’an 9:30—And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

Qur’an 98:6—Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein. They are the worst of creatures.

Sahih Muslim 4366—Muhammad said: “I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.”

Al-Bukhari, Al-Adab al-Mufrad 1103—Muhammad said: “Do not give the People of the Book the greeting first. Force them to the narrowest part of the road.”

Needless to say, these teachings can hardly be considered peaceful or tolerant.

IV. MUSLIMS IN THE WEST

Since Muhammad obviously commanded his followers to fight unbelievers (simply for being unbelievers), why do Muslims in the West deny this? Here we must turn to Surah 3:28, which reads:

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Who so do that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security.

According to this verse (which uses a variation of the word Taqiyya, meaning “concealment”), Muslims are not allowed to be friends with non-Muslims. However, if Muslims feel threatened by a stronger adversary, they are allowed to pretend to be friendly. Ibn Kathir comments: “In this case, such believers are allowed to show friendship outwardly but never inwardly.” Abu Darda, one of Muhammad’s companions, put it this way: “We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them.”

Is Islam a religion of peace? No. Islam is a religion that pretends to be peaceful when Muslims are too weak to win a war. For dedicated Muslims, there are only two possible situations to be in: (1) fighting unbelievers, and (2) pretending to be peaceful while preparing to fight unbelievers. Either way, fighting non-Muslims and conquering the world in the name of Allah is always the goal.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 10:19am
Being too horrified to read the Koran, I had come to the same conclusion from watching Muslim group behaviours.  Thank you,Satori,  for enabling me to quote chapter and verse when making my arguments.

My mother was a Catholic, from a Catholic family in a Catholic country (Ireland).  She was "lapsed" and actually raised me as a Pagan.  There are probably as many "lapsed" Musilms out there who, unlike lapsed Catholics, who go with a blessing, are too afraid to convert.  It carries a death sentence in Islam.  Based upon that alone I do not think we can automatically judge someone for being Islamic.  

However, Islamophobia has its basis in a very real, serious threat, and it behoves us to keep that in mind.  
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 10:26am
I read an interesting quote from Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam) where he said he converted after reading the Koran, but probably wouldn't have if he'd listened to other muslims.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 6:03am
anti-immigrant sentiment is running very strong

are we headed towards this ???

The Return of Korematsu

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ematsu/416634/

could something like this ever happen again in this country ?

now,probably not

but suppose a year from now
the US is reeling from one Paris type attack after another after another

what then ???
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 8:30pm
Technophobe, the leaders of the this country and many countries know how to stop this ISIS thing,but it is to their interest to not stop it. ISIS can be stopped by killing the leaders,but ISIS leaders are not to be found in deserts of the middle east dying in suicide attacks,they are to be found living in complete comfort and safety in one or more of the stable countries. You will not find ISIS leaders dying from a suicide vest or a face to face shoot out with real soldiers.Those are the suckers. many people are getting rich from ISIS oil and we are probably burning it in our own cars without knowing it. Johnray1
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 9:05pm
Technophobe,France's population has already lost all of their rights of every kind due to the "State of Emergency" .By the French constitution,their leader can only declare a'STATE of Emergency" or "Marshall Law" for 12 days.It has now been extended to 6 months. France has become a totalitarian Police State. ----Will they ever get their constitution and freedoms back. No one knows yet,but if history is any lesson,most people do not get it back,with out a large fight and many of their own people dying.

Look for the people of other nations to loose their freedom due to Marshall Law and we could be one of them. ISIS is giving all countries a reason to take their own people's freedom.The people think that they are "Temporarily" giving up their freedom so they will be safe. That has been used for years to take freedom away.

If ISIS wants to come to this country,let them come,and let us American citizens defend ourselves and ISIS will all die very quickly.ISIS soldiers of very bad soldiers and pieces of s*** But do not declare "Marshall law" and think that I am stupid enough to believe that it is for my safety.Johnray1
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 11:02am
I first received training in Islamic radicalization in 2010, when I was part of a government briefing about the use of social media (Facebook, Youtube) to recruit "lone wolf actors" in the USA.  

ISIL has really kicked this up, their global reach is impressive.  Their message is hypnotic to disaffected Islamic youth around the world, and even non-Islamic folks are getting sucked in. 

Problem is, this is as much a conflict between Sunni and Shia as it is between ISIL and the West.  Saudi Arabia and its allies are at full-blown war with Iran and its allies.  If we take down ISIL completely, the Shia armies might then surge into Sunni territories (hell, they already own Iraq), and it could be even worse for the USA and West. 

CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 11:06am
If you think ISIS is bad, imagine what a Mideast without it might be like

An expert on terrorism told an audience at Elgin Community College Wednesday that the U.S. and France won't do what's needed to get rid of Islamic State because that would create a Mideast that we would dread even more.

Michael McIntyre, chair of the international studies department at DePaul University, spoke to about 100 people as part of a series of guest speakers arranged by the Elgin Community College Humanities Center.

To really destroy the Islamic State, McIntyre said, the U.S. and France would have to join with two nations we don't like — Russia and Iran — to fight against Islamic State, with Europe's oil supplier Saudi Arabia also on the opposing side. If DASH then was defeated, that would create a Mideast dominated by Iran with its Shiite allies ruling Syria, Iraq and Lebanon. Oil-rich Saudi Arabia and our NATO ally Turkey would be angry at us. Our longtime ally Israel would be in more danger from countries and terrorist groups who want to destroy it. And Russia would look like a hero.

McIntyre's speech had been arranged long before Friday's terrorist attacks in Paris. But McIntyre began his talk by saying he has always had a personal affection for the French capital. "What I really want is vengeance," he admitted. "I want the guillotine brought out and set up in a public square."

He played a scene from the 1942 movie "Casablanca," in which French people suffering under the Nazi control of France and its colonies sing the French national anthem. Many modern-day French people also have been singing that since the terror attacks, with its angry lyrics including the line "tremble, tyrants!"

But the foreign policies of nations cannot be based on personal emotion, McIntyre said, and because of what the U.S. and France want to see the Mideast to be like, they will not do what is really needed to destroy Islamic State.

He noted that the new country goes by three names — ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria), ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, which includes Lebanon and perhaps Jordan and Israel), or DASH, which is an Arabic acronym for ISIL.

Because that abbreviation "DASH" also translates in Arabic to mean an insulting word, McIntyre said, the organization has banned the use of that term and ordered that anyone caught saying "DASH" should have his tongue cut out. So McIntyre proceeded throughout his talk to refer to Islamic State as "DASH.

Besides providing a strong counterweight to our enemy Iran, Western countries depend on Saudi Arabia for oil.

In fact, McIntyre said that when the 9/11 hijackers attacked us in 2001, and three-quarters of them were men from Saudi Arabia, the only private planes allowed to fly that evening were ones carrying prominent Saudi businessmen and politicians away from the United States — including members of the bin Laden family.

He said DASH is made up of brutally violent Sunni Muslims who believe all Shiite Muslims should convert or, in his words, "be exterminated." Controlling large parts of Syria and Iraq in a "caliphate" ruled along religious lines, they are fighting against the dictatorial Syrian government led by Hafez el-Assad, who is a Shiite. The Obama administration has said it wants to get rid of both Assad and DASH by allying with "moderate" anti-Assad forces. "But the problem is that here aren't any" moderate anti-Assad forces, he said.

The Russians are supporting the Assad regime because Russia wants to become a world power again in the region and they hate DASH, which blew up one of their airliners earlier this month in retaliation for Russian air strikes against DASH in Syria. The Saudis, because they are Sunni, also support DASH.

Meanwhile, he said, our NATO ally Turkey is mainly concerned that the Kurdish minority group living within its borders could try to become independent and form their own country by joining the Kurds across the border in Syria and Iraq who are fighting against DASH.

"We will always put that fight (against DASH) at a lower priority than preserving our power," preserving a balance between Sunnis and Shiites in the region, and keeping Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia safe and stable, he said.

Meanwhile, he said, our bombing campaigns against DASH in Syria and Iraq function as "recruiting posters" that attract more angry young Sunni Muslim men to become terrorists or become DASH soldiers. "DASH says, 'You see how the crusaders taunt us and ridicule us and attack our faith and our families?'"

In the long run, McIntyre said, the only lasting Mideast future that seems positive from our perspective might come from revolutions within the Muslim countries, as was hinted by the Arab Spring revolts a few years ago. But he said the only country where those outbreaks took place that hasn't later fallen into a new tyranny, civil war or the dominance of militant al Qaida-like groups is the little African nation of Tunisia.

CRS, DrPH
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 4:34pm
Thank you to all of you who have posted some very interesting and relevant information on this thread. I really hesitated before putting this up on the Internet. Globally we should be aware of a group and intent that is far more than what was faced in 9-11  The scope and seriousness of attacks which could come are greater than the threat that existed then.  There are two sides to every story - and of course many deaths of those in the Middle East as this war has raged  not decades but for thousands of years. Ever since the land of Canaan was occupied, these people have been at war - for perhaps as much as 3,000 years or more. Some who are religious say the last generation before the End of Days will be when Israel becomes a nation. I am of that generation and I am deeply concerned.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 4:07pm
Now, this article comes from "The Sun" newspaper, more famous for topless women than actual news and, aparently, the survey was done by ringing a list of Islamic-sounding-names, but, despite that, I found it terrifying.

1 in 5 Brit Muslims’ sympathy for jihadis

Worryingly, if not all of the people questioned were actually Muslim (and assuming the non-Muslims were not jihadi supporters) then it should logically  UNDERESTIMATE the support figures.  Ermm
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 5:36pm
Technophobe and all,when any young man or young woman finds a teaching very attractive that tells them they will let them kill men,women and children and torture and rape and kill in crazy ways and own slaves and buy and sell people,there is something wrong with these men and women. These people need to be allowed to leave the country that they live in and go to their leaders who teach this kind of thing,because when they get to there some one can legally drop a bomb on them.Johnray1  
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2015 at 3:47pm

The head of Isis - Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi may not be dead. Here is just a few second from a tape received saying that the air attacks and other efforts to stop Isis have not been effective.  Though this is not a direct threat to the U.S. - it does represent an Isis grown bolder and definitely has not stopped being a threat to the world besides Israel as well.

GIM - Global Independent News - CWN - December 27, 2015

Medclinician

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2015 at 1:03am
CRS, DrPH wrote:If you think ISIS is bad, imagine what a Mideast without it might be like

Terror "expert" McIntyre claiming that Russia and Iran ar worse than the terrorist IS ?

Does "the west" depend for its energy on the Middle East and Russia ? I think there are much better alternatives ! Russia and China are involved in Syria and Iraq because some of the IS-fighting groups pose a treath to Russia and China. IS is also active in Ukraine and Afghanistan-Central Asia. 

The "west" did not stop oil trade from IS via Turkey to several western countries (including France, France Total did pay IS for oil eventhough IS killed 130 people in Paris !). NATO did not stop the three transportlinks from Iraq and  Syria to Turkey for oil trade. Turkey does not stop the slavetrade in Gaziantep (Turkey), or the trade in human organs. (Saudi Arabia and China have a bad reputation in selling organs, a Canadian group discovered that China had the habbit of sometimes showing (political) prisoners that would get executed so the "buyer" could choose his "organs". The "west" does not care, money rules !)

The US did support Hitler against the Soviet Union in the 30's (with most European countries doing so), the US supported Ho Chi Min in Viet Nam, Mao in China fighting Japan, the US supported fascist "animals" in Nicaragua  (contra's) El Salvador (sluaghtering Indians in a slaughterhouse), supported fascist dictators in Latin America, during the 60's and 70's. The US supported Saddam Hoessein after the Islamic Revolution in Iran-bringing war to the region. 

The Taliban in Afghanistan is run by ISI from Pakistan (including the heroïn-trade) just like Turkey is behind IS. The CIA started the problem that "went out of control". 

The lack of any sense of history the US politicians have is a global problem and shocking !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic