Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Debunking the Zika Virus Tinhats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debunking the Zika Virus Tinhats
    Posted: February 05 2016 at 1:14pm
You all might be aware that when the dark comes or a full moon, the crazies come out. Well so much more than a UFO gathering in Kentucky during a thunderstorm.  "There's lights up there, honey."

So we have the evil Bill Gates and Microsoft allegedly genetically engineering Zika while the X foundation took a patent out on it. It is time for an Alex and Donald picnic and speculation hour.

Yes, the Olympics are coming and yes - there will be spraying going on. Add sexual spread to mix versus nasty messy sneezing and it makes for a lot of ads sold on the 11 o'clock news. Of course with 24/7 net news now - even that is going away.

Was this coming "Pandemic" part of some dark plot by the Men in Green?

Yes, there is probably rampant under reporting of lovers who really don't want to share and hug - or about how they have done so - but I would say we need a major spread in China for the head of WHO, Margaret Chan, to repeat her 2009 announcement of a Pandemic.

These are the days of profound boredom in the media - as we watch the Marx Brothers (and sisters) vie for the number one spot of power in the U.S. (and that is debatable).

So the secret labs of unameit-slobovia actually make a bioweapon and now it is out of control and it will spread everywhere?

Not as fast as the news of an event that hasn't really happened yet will.

It is getting tedious watching some of our AFT posts reflected in mainstream media the next day.

Note: Reference Dante's Divine Comedy - and Revelations - when it simply was not safe to put out the truth as the truth.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 1:47pm
As in my recent novel, the term "The Awakening" is appropriate here.  Now Conspiracy theory people are coming out of the woodwork saying that Zika virus was a genetically engineered Bio-weapon. Well, at first glance this may seem logical but just recently Russia accused the U.S. of a bio-attack with Swine Flu. Nearly all of the major viruses have at one time been called potential weapons. Ebola definitely was said to be, but if failed to spread in more developed nations.

This is largely coming from Russia.

http://sputniknews.com/world/20160202/1034077724/zika-virus-biological-weapon.html

What has not been further researched is the claims that Ebola was a biological weapon and the U.S. targeted Russia with Swine Flu. Really, would the U.S. do this?

I have Googled "Zika not a bioweapon" and this term will not come up at all. I guess now it will.

You know, it will be sad if Zika spreads and a lot of people. But I am keeping my rolls of aluminum foil handy. You never know when those wifi waves are gonna hit and that signal is going to come in on your gold filling.

Yes, the major nations and also some very unstable nations have bio-weapons and one that gets loose could brings us a new version of "The Stand." 

Do you think Zika, manufactured in some Russian or American lab - the new variant will be it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Medclinician

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 2:15pm
You never know.  When they did the sequencing, the virus matched from 2013 - 2014, but maybe they should have gone back a few more years and tried to match the genome from 2007 - 2008, and earlier.   They conveniently only went back a couple years.   Could this have been a subtle plant from 2014 designed to take a couple years to reach its' destination and geo spread?   A more subtle release that began in 2014?

Ya i like conspiracy theories.  Big smile

I too also noticed that a lot of our theories and posts seem to be reflected in the media shortly thereafter.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 4:31pm
If Zika is a bioweapon, it is a pretty lousy one!  

Zika disease is very mild, more so than its cousin West Nile virus.   The microcephaly is "interesting," I'm not 100% convinced that the Zika viral infection by itself is causing this.  Perhaps genetic risk facts, diet, co-infection etc. contribute?  

Watch out for tin-hats, as Med counsels, these are boring times and some folks can't wait for a catastrophe.  
CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

You never know.  When they did the sequencing, the virus matched from 2013 - 2014, but maybe they should have gone back a few more years and tried to match the genome from 2007 - 2008, and earlier.   They conveniently only went back a couple years.   Could this have been a subtle plant from 2014 designed to take a couple years to reach its' destination and geo spread?   A more subtle release that began in 2014?

I too also noticed that a lot of our theories and posts seem to be reflected in the media shortly thereafter.

This is really true about things going up here reflected on the media. I had barely posted that the Dow had a rally when almost the same thing came up word for word. I think AFT has made me a bit jaded as the alarmists come out. There are truly nasty viruses like Hanta which I even had data on being developed as a weapon.

Well, how about this...

https://securitystudiesonline.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/potential-uses-of-the-hantavirus-as-a-biological-weapon/

Security Studies Online

Essays about National Security, Homeland Security, Defense, and Foreign Affairs

According to the CDC, hantavirus falls under Category C of the Bioterrorism Agent Categories which means it is an agent that may pose a threat to national security because it is easy to produce, it is easy to spread (deployment method or human to human transmission), or cause an infection that is hard to treat or prevent.  This differs from a Category A agent because Category A agents are already considered to pose a threat to national security.  Although the hantavirus may pose a threat to national security, the likelihood it would be used as a bioweapon is minimal.

comment: These are hard times for government budgets. They don't have a lot of money to waste on weapons that aren't that effective.  You can be sure there are tubes of this or whatever in the top secret labs in both the U.S.A. and Russia whether or not the last sentence denies it.

This stuff is nasty and people I know have disappeared who were working with it. If you do a search on death and Zika you will find the newest three deaths all over.  You know out of thousands of people who have it in Columbia (they say) 3 people died.

I can almost tell you the sites that are burning up with conspiracy stuff. I have a revelation for the American public. Our intelligence agencies and those who protect are not stupid. They have successfully kept all of the terrorists from exploding a nuke and that is not for a lack of attempts. We have some of the most advanced intelligence and capable people who are heroes and you never read a word about them.

Since 9-11 everyone p*sses and moans about privacy and snoopers - but how many people have been killed by terrorists. They are out there. We have a few incidents in the 15 years  9/11/01 but not that many and compared to other areas of the world with bombings almost many times a week, not yet...

http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks

Just adding a little reality to entertainment.  Unless Zika gets on steroids, it is a long way from being a problem. One thing though may be said - our biggest threat from a terrorist attack is not from a bomb or an exploding plane- it is and will be a bio-weapon that is most likely to take us down.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 7:04pm
The 911/attack was most likely ordered by the Dragon Kings as they are the only ones that could pull off this stunt in my view, think I am a conspiracy tinhat theorist then why did NONE of the dragons show up for work that day ?, why were there lots of suspicious trading in airline stocks with brokerage firm Alex Brown handling the trades ?

Alex brown brokerage allegedly has links with the CIA so did Bin Laden.

In the case of at least one of these trades -- which has left a $2.5 million prize unclaimed -- the firm used to place the "put options" on United Airlines stock was, until 1998, managed by the man who is now in the number three Executive Director position at the Central Intelligence Agency. Until 1997 A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard had been Chairman of the investment bank A.B. Brown.
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/10_09_01_krongard.html

***That site is not my source but it reveals links with Alex Brown Brokerage and mentions links with the CIA.***

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

Unless Zika gets on steroids, it is a long way from being a problem.

Medclinician

True, unless you're one of the 6 women in the U.S. currently pregnant with Zika, or among the thousands of women in South America who are expecting to give birth to a microcephaly baby.  The problems for them is big enough, so the big problem is here, although it may not effect us directly, and breakdown society, etc....   It's still currently a big problem.  Can't help but to feel bad for those women, and the fathers of the babies.   They wake up in fear everyday, and live it 24/7.   A ruthless torture that may rival torture and death.   It all depends on how you define a problem.  Locally in the U.S. with 6 pregnant women infected, pretty serious stuff.   

"Local transmission" with mosquitoes this summer could also make it a bigger problem, which increases more sexually transmitted cases.  Again, maybe not a societal collapse, but could be a bigger problem when summer arrives.

I still rank Microcephaly close to death.  The baby never had a chance, and their life expectancy  is 25 -30 years old.  This thing is a baby killer. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 7:29pm
Similarities between Ebola and Zika are striking

The similarities between Ebola and Zika are striking, Ebola essentially sets up the immune system to self destruct it's called a cytokine storm, the reason for the explosive bleed out in ebola victims is that blood vessels are particularity susceptible to the antigen antibody complex.

With the Zika virus it breaches the immune system in a similar fashion to Ebola then hides in the CNS and testes as does ebola,  when the immune system eventually produces antibodies they attack the CNS and testes but the CNS and Testes are privileged areas that the immune system is not supposed to attack by default.

Two reasons why Zika does not appear as deadly as EBOLA,

1) The antibody antigen complex is not attacking the endothelium.

2) the CNS and Testes are Immuno depressive by natural design.

Zika does not appear to posses the contagiousness of ebola as it's not got ebolas main glycoprotein spike but the mere fact that Zika has been identified as a bioweapon I would treat the Zika virus as a BIO-HAZARD same as Ebola, 3ft-6ft aerosol infectivity as per close contact would be a sensible precaution until we learn more)

How long does Zika remain in the seminal fluid of it's male victims, I would guess 9 months as per Ebola.

Females previously infected with the Zika Virus
NEED URGENT GENETIC PROFILING to determine if they are genetically predisposed to having future children with
Microcephaly as this is also linked to genetic markers.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 4:05am
Ebola and zika are second cousins.

Zika's closest cousins (the Flaviviridae) are Dengue, Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus and Tick Borne Encephalitis.
Ebola is one of the Filoviridae family (like its first cousin, Marburg)

Like the Arenaviridae, Bunyaviridae and Rhabdoviridae they are all Viral Haemorrhagic fevers of the RNA Virus extended family.

That nasty little lot are all related!  I do not know that we will have to watch them as closely as Corona Viruses, or the Flu, but they do warrant a wary eye.  Some families just can't avoid crime (like the Krays here or the Mafiosa).
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 8:40am
Originally posted by wrote:

Similarities between Ebola and Zika are striking

The similarities between Ebola and Zika are striking, Ebola essentially sets up the immune system to self destruct it's called a cytokine storm, the reason for the explosive bleed out in ebola victims is that blood vessels are particularity susceptible to the antigen antibody complex.

With the Zika virus it breaches the immune system in a similar fashion to Ebola then hides in the CNS and testes as does ebola,  when the immune system eventually produces antibodies they attack the CNS and testes but the CNS and Testes are privileged areas that the immune system is not supposed to attack by default.

Two reasons why Zika does not appear as deadly as EBOLA,

1) The antibody antigen complex is not attacking the endothelium.

2) the CNS and Testes are Immuno depressive by natural design.

Zika does not appear to posses the contagiousness of ebola as it's not got ebolas main glycoprotein spike but the mere fact that Zika has been identified as a bioweapon I would treat the Zika virus as a BIO-HAZARD same as Ebola, 3ft-6ft aerosol infectivity as per close contact would be a sensible precaution until we learn more) 

Once more, welcome again Guests and your are right on much of this. I have been posting the the cytokine storm for years and it is generally what kills people rather than the virus. The immune system flips out (in simple terms). It is much like a cold where your nose if so stuffed you cannot breath. When this happens in the respiratory system the lungs flood with fluid, mucous, and you literally drown.

https://sites.google.com/site/naturalimmunesystemboosters/cytokine-storm

This is fairly easy to understand even for people not in medicine.

Cytokines are compounds produced by the body’s immune system that attack and remove foreign bodies.  Cytokines, produced by a number of different types of cells in response to infection that act as signals to other cells in the body, telling them to divide, or to produce certain proteins, or to cease their production. They assist, basically, in orchestrating portions of the immune response.

Simply put, a "cytokine storm" occurs when this regulation goes on overdrive and the molecules which are supposed to be protecting the body end up causing it harm by responding too strongly to the infection.

When our body detects foreign microorganisms indicating an infection, it can sometimes respond by over-protecting the site of infection. The body may race so many antibodies to the infection site that they collect in a cytokine storm. When the infection is in the lungs, for example, a cytokine storm can potentially block airways and result in suffocation.

comment: so people drown in their own mucous.  The reason that some diseases hit the very old and the very young is because both have flawed immune systems. While children's are yet to fully develop, the elderly have system which sometimes are less than 20% of what they were once as the Thymus gland shrinks and is not as effective in infants.

The ability of the immune system to mount a strong protective response depends on the receptor diversity of naive T-cells (TCR). Thymic involution results in a decreased output of naïve T lymphocytes – mature T cells that are tolerant to self antigens, responsive to foreign antigens, but have not yet been stimulated by a foreign substance. In adults, naïve T-cells are hypothesized to be primarily maintained through homeostatic proliferation, or cell division of existing naïve T cells. Though homeostatic proliferation helps sustain TCR even with minimal to nearly absent thymic activity, it does not increase the receptor diversity.[11] For yet unknown reasons, TCR diversity drops drastically around age 65.[11] Loss of thymic function and TCR diversity is thought to contribute to weaker immunosurveillance of the elderly, including increasing instances of diseases such as cancers, autoimmunity, and opportunistic infections.[12]

Acute thymic involution and treatment implications

There is growing evidence that thymic involution is plastic and can be therapeutically halted or reversed in order to help boost the immune system. In fact, under certain circumstances, the thymus has been shown to undergo acute thymic involution (alternatively called transient involution).[1] For example, transient involution has been induced in humans and other animals by stresses [13] such as infections,[14][15] pregnancy,[16] and malnutrition.[15][17][18] The thymus has also been shown to decrease during hibernation and, in frogs, change in size depending on the season, growing smaller in the winter [19] Studies on acute thymic involution may help in developing treatments for patients, who for example are unable to restore immune function after chemotherapy, ionizing radiation, or infections like HIV.[12]

Finally and you can delete this link or star it Albert

stating that Zika is a bio-weapon is currently the major spin of the grandfather of all tin-hats (those who put aluminum in their baseball caps to keep .gov from controlling their mind with energy of some sort) Alex Jones.

http://www.infowars.com/top-expert-zika-virus-a-bioweapon/

Yep, there it is. Like the mother of all battles, and notable because recently Donald Trump had an interview with him, the Queen of the conspiracy hive.

Once we had National Inquirer before the net. Now we have Alex and he is damn sure those countries have secret labs churning out mosquitoes and other ways to take down nations with Zika. Have to admit this post is relevant to the thread - debunking the Zika Virus Tinhats and this is not personal.  There are statements by a few ex this and ex that that Russia is sinister but so is the U.S. You can be sure we have as many or more labs with truly vile bugs beneath the ground.

When I was prowling the Green Library and using Socrates at Stanford,
http://web.stanford.edu/group/IC/skildev/module1/socrates.html
I knew first hand they had some very active programs doing viral "research." 

http://web.stanford.edu/group/sjir/3.2.02_ajayi.html
http://web.stanford.edu/group/virus/filo/class.html

Madison in Minnesota (research center) and Dr. Michael Osterholm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm
Who I was in contact with before he released his book is an icon in the field of bio-weapons.

I do know that they recreated the Spanish Flu superbug in the lab on purpose.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jun/11/crazy-dangerous-creation-deadly-airborne-flu-virus

However back to Alex who has been posting about centers for people to be quarantined in and how the government is hoping we will have a Pandemic so it can stay in power.

No doubt, many labs have nasty evil stuff but I personally still do not think Zika is a virus with sufficient horsepower yet to be called a bio-weapon as opposed to other viruses which are far more effective.

Many of us have been datamining information on what is going on behind the scenes for years. A few have even been paid to do it and while no longer active officially are still very good at it.

One needs to do extensive checks on conspiracy garbage on the net. Most of it is pure BS.

The net can be a battleground and those who post here and in the vast realm of cyberspace are in it.  Welcome to the jungle. Now with Zika - literally - it is coming to us - like it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

Geek

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 9:46am
Your input MED is very much appreciated,

I will look forward to reviewing all the material you have provided, furthermore I would like to emphasize that I do not use the term Bioweapon likely, I don't just pull random sources from the net that happen to make very serious allegations for the sake of headline.

I was aware that Zika is very similar to Ebola which is a known bio-weapon no doubt about that whatsoever plus my previous knowledge which I am not prepared to disclose leads me to the conclusion that Zika could be a bio-weapon but it's not my place to make the call.  I've been sitting on this information for quite a while now waiting for the right moment and suitable and reliable corroboration ref (THE BIOWARS) to back me up, now it's time to make the call.

When I first came to AFT I stated that MERS is also a bioweapon and some members took exception to this but again I presented sufficient backing to support my claims and only recently the MOH in Sauid Arabia has publicly made similar statements about MERS as a bioweapon.

My intention here is purely honorable and at possible cost to my own health.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by wrote:

Your input MED is very much appreciated,

I will look forward to reviewing all the material you have provided, furthermore I would like to emphasize that I do not use the term Bioweapon likely, I don't just pull random sources from the net that happen to make very serious allegations for the sake of headline.

I was aware that Zika is very similar to Ebola which is a known bio-weapon no doubt about that whatsoever plus my previous knowledge which I am not prepared to disclose leads me to the conclusion that Zika could be a bio-weapon but it's not my place to make the call.  I've been sitting on this information for quite a while now waiting for the right moment and suitable and reliable corroboration ref (THE BIOWARS) to back me up, now it's time to make the call.

When I first came to AFT I stated that MERS is also a bioweapon and some members took exception to this but again I presented sufficient backing to support my claims and only recently the MOH in Sauid Arabia has publicly made similar statements about MERS as a bioweapon.

My intention here is purely honorable and at possible cost to my own health.

It's great you came to AFT. There are some good discussion threads here and a wide spectrum of users from doctors, researchers, and many different backgrounds from all over the world.  As one posts we come to find people can be very precise in details and phrases. As I have run into this with the term airborne in reference to Ebola, bio-weapon is a tricky one.

Who has agree to what?

Offensive biological warfare, including mass production, stockpiling and use of biological weapons, was outlawed by the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention (BWC). The rationale behind this treaty, which has been ratified or acceded to by 170 countries as of April 2013,[3] is to prevent a biological attack which could conceivably result in large numbers of civilian casualties and cause severe disruption to economic and societal infrastructure.

comment: You might notice the absence of the term research. 

What are the main villains which could be weaponized?

For one Smallpox. Few of the "new generation" have immunity to his or have been vaccinated for it.

Under current circumstances, with no confirmed smallpox and the risk of an attack assessed as low, vaccination of the general population is not recommended because the potential benefits of vaccination do not outweigh the risks of vaccine complications.  Smallpox

Top of the list is smallpox. Historically it's had a mortality rate of 30 to 35 percent, although it was much higher, sometimes 90 percent, in populations that were never exposed to it, such as Native Americans.

Smallpox is an airborne virus, which means it can be caught easily from infected people who cough or sneeze, but can also be transmitted through touch.

"A new outbreak in India or South Africa, for example, would be beyond terrible," said Tara Smith, an assistant professor of epidemiology at the University of Iowa. Centers for Disease Control

Methicillin-resistant staph, or MRSA, is one of the more well-known, and is spread by physical contact. MRSA usually stays in the skin, but in some people, it infects vital organs like the heart. Some varieties have caused necrotizing fasciitis, "flesh eating disease." A drug-resistant MRSA that was immune to all of the currently known antibiotics would cause many deaths.

The Black Death or bubonic plague -- officially known as Yersina pestis -- killed a third of Europe's population in the 14th century, and it still exists in some parts of the world today. It has a long history as a bioweapon: accounts of the Mongol siege of the Crimean city of Caffa in 1347 say the invaders catapulted the corpses of infected people over the walls. And it isn't just a medieval phenomenon; the last major outbreak in the United States was in 1900 in San Francisco and involved 121 people of which 113 died; cases have appeared sporadically since.Anthrax

Anthrax is spread by spores, and those spores can survive in many environments, sometimes for years. There are three ways anthrax infects: breathing the spores, eating infected meat or having the spores get into cuts on the skin.

Infection through inhalation is the most likely to kill, but anthrax is still quite dangerous. As the bacteria multiply in a person, they release toxins into the blood and tissues that cause swelling and cell death. Fatality rates are high, approaching 50 percent, even with treatment by antibiotics and 90 percent without that.

comment: One of the problems with Anthrax is delivery.

Finally one of the most sinister and there was even a plot where it was sent to U.S. President Barack Obama...

Ricin

http://www.amigospais-guaracabuya.org/oagmc193.php

Ricin can be used as a bioweapon of mass destruction, or it can be used to specifically target an enemy. One seed can kill a child. One milligram of ricin can kill an adult. Ricin has been bioweaponized by several countries, the former Soviet Union, Iraq, Iran, and Cuba, among others.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/justice/texas-ricin-actress-sentenced/index.html

conclusion: No doubt we already have a lot of nasty bio-weapons in the world. Zika can use now up to 3 species of mosquito to spread. Since global warming and now tougher mosquitoes which can live in Washington D.C. in the dead of winter near snow, what will happen when Spring and Summer come and Zika (now mutated) spreads.

Bottom line - how lethal is it and will it become contagious at 3 feet from a sneeze? No matter how much I really don't like some of the Tin Hats, it would be a different story. Then we are talking - Pandemic.

Medclinician

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 1:58pm
When you consider h7n9 that ONLY infects the Chinese, we've seen a few different ones surface over the last few years between Ebola, MERS & now Zika.  Four rather unusual outbreaks for 4 consecutive years. 
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 2:49pm
Guest do you know the name Didier Sornette?
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2016 at 6:15am

Guest do you know the name Didier Sornette?

http://arxiv.org/abs/0907.4290

This is a fun thread and will get back to our tin foil baseball capped people soon - but interesting reference here- it is rather obscure.

We present a generic phase diagram to explain the generation of dragon-kings and document their presence in six different examples (distribution of city sizes, distribution of acoustic emissions associated with material failure, distribution of velocity increments in hydrodynamic turbulence, distribution of financial drawdowns, distribution of the energies of epileptic seizures in humans and in model animals, distribution of the earthquake energies). We emphasize the importance of understanding dragon-kings as being often associated with a neighborhood of what can be called equivalently a phase transition, a bifurcation, a catastrophe (in the sense of Rene Thom), or a tipping point. The presence of a phase transition is crucial to learn how to diagnose in advance the symptoms associated with a coming dragon-king. Several examples of predictions using the derived log-periodic power law method are discussed, including material failure predictions and the forecasts of the end of financial bubbles.

Interesting guy. From Paris and very very intelligent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Sornette
  • Why Stock Markets Crash (Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems) Princeton University Press, 2003. ISBN 0-691-09630-9

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2016 at 5:35pm
http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2987137/argentine_and_brazilian_doctors_suspect_mosquito_insecticide_as_cause_of_microcephaly.html

There is possibility that this, not Zika has been the cause of the outbreaks in Brazil and Venezuela.

The New York Times also reported on 3rd February on the outcome of analyses by Brazil's Health Ministry: "Of the cases examined so far, 404 have been confirmed as having microcephaly. Only 17 of them tested positive for the Zika virus. But the government and many researchers say that number may be largely irrelevant, because their tests would find the presence of the virus in only a tiny percentage of cases."

And last weekend, the most powerful indicator yet that the microcephaly may have another cause altogether was announced by Colombia's president, Juan Manuel Santos, as reported by the Washington Post. Colombian public health officials, stated Santos, have so far diagnosed 3,177 pregnant women with the Zika virus- but in no case had microcephaly been observed in the foetus.

comment: I have been saying this for a week.

Argentine doctors: it's the insecticide

Now a new report has been published by the Argentine doctors' organisation, Physicians in the Crop-Sprayed Towns (PCST), [1] which not only challenges the theory that the Zika virus epidemic in Brazil is the cause of the increase in microcephaly among newborns, but proposes an alternative explanation.

According to PCST, the Ministry failed to recognise that in the area where most sick people live, a chemical larvicide that produces malformations in mosquitoes was introduced into the drinking water supply in 2014.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2016 at 9:29pm

The Zika epidemic is scary. The mosquito-borne virus is linked to birth defects in Brazil, and there are concerns that it's spreading. And in our coverage, this question has come up. In Brazil right now, how many known cases are there of Zika-related microcephaly? That's where an infant is born with a small head and with brain damage. NPR's Lourdes Garcia-Navarro in Rio de Janeiro went looking for an answer.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/29/464893302/doctors-in-brazil-admit-doubt-in-number-of-zika-linked-microcephaly-cases

LOURDES GARCIA-NAVARRO, BYLINE: Brazil's Ministry of Health gives updates every week. The number that gets the most publicity is reported cases of microcephaly. By reported, that means hospitals have alerted the Ministry of Health that they have a suspected case of Zika-related microcephaly. That number has been going up. Last week, it was at 4,180. But after a case has been reported, it gets investigated. Microcephaly can be caused by many things, and the authorities have found 462 cases that are either not microcephaly or it's a type of microcephaly that has been caused by something else - an infection like rubella or genetic abnormalities. Dr. Manoel Barral is the Bahia director of the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, one of the premier research facilities in Brazil.

MANOEL BARRAL: The numbers seem messy, but they are really more cautious - I mean, not to attribute to Zika things that we cannot be sure are related to Zika.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: Only six cases so far have been linked with certainty to the Zika virus. He says that's not unusual. At the moment, you can only test positive for the virus if you have an active infection, which normally only lasts for a short period of time. So the cases that have either been confirmed or are under investigation as being Zika-related as of this moment in Brazil is 3,718. Lourdes Garcia-Navarro, NPR News, Rio de Janeiro.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2016 at 4:03pm
Will continue to post as I have been for weeks that Zika virus is simply not the problem is is being made out to be. When I first posted the interview with Dr. Henry Niman we had the actual diagnosed cases in Brazil down to less than 500 with like 17 with the actual virus. Since then I have been seeing what was originally said restated and rephrased all over the network as from the very beginning we started to debunk this.

I posted how in Venezuela and also Brazil a group said it was pesticides. This is what was causing so many birth abnormalities and this is not contagious.

Also I have kept posting the lack of baseline evidence that there is a real strong link between Zika and micro-cephalus in babies. They were getting the positives from Dengue mixed up with Zika in the testing and now are saying it all may die down before the Olympics.

Working on a baseball cap line with a big mosquito or t-shirt and the words "I didn't do it!"

Yes, Zika is vector spread by two types of mosquitoes and some of them are in the U.S. but still there is not a lot of spreading going on person-to-person - what 3-5 cases on earth? 

I posted this morning about widespread flu in the U.S. and no one even blinked. H1N1 and Swine Flu likely will be the bug that mutates and kills a lot of people. Right now only one in five people even really get symptoms from Zika.

Also it was posted that they did a full gene analysis and recently it was determined there was a mutation in 2015.

No matter. People on Facebook keep pelting us with Zika articles and if it were that contagious and that much of a threat it would be all over the globe now spread and there would be bodies in the streets. BITS

smh (shakes my head)

It really amazes me how you post something months ago and suddenly it is news.

Puts foil in the caps - I think foil in the t-shirts would itch.

What is dumb?   Well spraying mosquitoes for Zika with pesticides that are known to cause birth defects - i.e. little heads.  Changing the criteria for size of heads so more can be diagnosed positive and using kits that are not really reliable when Dengue which is thriving more than ever - can give you a positive as well.

Go figure.  The next thing you know they will be saying we are about to have a cease fire in Syria which doesn't count terrorists or people fighting . Well, that is a big plus. Real progress.

Medclinician

Putting out little fires that probably won't matter and ignoring nasty bad mean Flu which is widespread or regional in 32 states. You can't have a CFR if they don't count adult deaths.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2016 at 4:09pm
One more time with feeling...

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic