Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

U.S. Boots on the Ground Syria-Delta Force

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. Boots on the Ground Syria-Delta Force
    Posted: March 05 2016 at 8:04am
http://www.shmoop.com/careers/delta-force/

No, Chuck Norris will not be going with them, but a truly elite special forces group is in Iraq and may be entering Syria to take on Isis. This group makes my basic and special training in the military look like a day in Summer Camp.

While monsters do indeed look under their bed for Chuck Norris before going to sleep, they should be more afraid of what may be hiding in the closet with night vision goggles on and a laser sighted bead lined up right between their horns. The real Delta Force can be that scary.

The 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (try saying that three times fast) is one of the United States' secretive counter terrorism and Special Missions Units. (And if you missed Latin or Calculus class last week, "delta" means "change.") While ol' Chuck helped popularize the term "Delta Force," the members actually refer to themselves simply as "The Unit." They're cool that way.

Like most government jobs, being a member of Delta Force isn't as glamorous as the movies make it out to be. Unless you count not sleeping for days while hiding waist deep in leech-infested sewage and eating what may or may not be the local version of cockroaches as glamorous. If you do, we hear Fear Factor is making yet another comeback and will be looking for contestants.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2016 at 1:56pm
Great post, thanks!  I believe that our Special Forces could decimate ISIL from a distance with modern technology - advanced sniper rifles, small drones, lasers etc. 

Give 'em hell!
CRS, DrPH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic