Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

U.S./Global Stock Market Crash Summer 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S./Global Stock Market Crash Summer 2016
    Posted: April 17 2016 at 1:29pm
The U.S./Global Stock Market Crash is closer than it was before. Tomorrow's news - today - i.e. Monday April 18, 2016.

http://in.reuters.com/article/us-oil-meeting-draft-idINKCN0XE02Y

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:23am IST

A deal to freeze oil output by OPEC and non-OPEC producers fell apart on Sunday after Saudi Arabia demanded that Iran join in despite calls on Riyadh to save the agreement and help prop up crude prices.

The development will revive oil industry fears that major producers are embarking again on a battle for market share, especially after Riyadh threatened to raise output steeply if no freeze deal were reached.

Iran is also pledging to ramp up production following the lifting of Western sanctions in January, making a compromise with Riyadh almost impossible as the two fight proxy wars in Yemen and Syria.

Some 18 oil nations, including non-OPEC Russia, gathered in the Qatari capital of Doha for what was expected to be the rubber-stamping of a deal - in the making since February - to stabilize output at January levels until October 2016.

But OPEC's de facto leader Saudi Arabia told participants it wanted all members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to take part in the freeze, including Iran, which was absent from the talks.

comment: There certainly is no shortage since I started a thread on a coming market crash more than a year ago, of doomsayers and prophets telling us of a possible 80% devaluation of stocks in the U.S. where are overpriced. As of Friday April 15, 2016 the Ides of April - while the markets were inching down, it was more serious than it might appear on the surface.

The world is in "wait and see" mode versus some major collapses in Europe with plunging jobless rates Greece and Italy in real trouble. Part of the "wait and see" was whether Iran, now with no sanctions and revving up its military and maxing its oil production, is likely to cause oil prices to drop drastically. There will be a scramble for market share and what exactly was going to hold the prices up was limited production. Well, forget that for now. No one has agreed and they are talking about holding off until June to even continue negotiating. 

"We concluded we all need time to consult further," Qatar's energy minister Mohammed al-Sada told reporters. Several OPEC sources said if Iran agreed to join the freeze at the next OPEC meeting on June 2, talks with non-OPEC producers could resume."

This is not a blog on the Internet saying "read my book about the coming economic catastrophe". Nor is this like"Oh my God they are going to cut social security- facts you better know."  No. It is simple. Life did not come from Chaos nor will prosperity emerge among a legion of financial bombs ready to go off. People are losing faith in a lot of things and one of their top concerns in the U.S. and the world is the economy - not whose wife did what or how high the border wall will be to block immigration. Kim Jong-Un said "Let them eat roots." When the privileged and the rich manage to isolate themselves from the suffering of the masses and male or female- anyone- group or otherwise says "Let them eat cake", any questions where things are headed?

Maybe it will on be a 7.6 economic earthquake instead of an 8.2 on the Wall Street Richter scale, but does it matter?   

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2016 at 6:22am
Since the announcement oil of the failed OPEC agreement to limit production, oil prices are dropping.

Oil $38.89 a barrel with the Japanese stock market hit hard with a 3.4% drop and is at -552.65. The four markets Japan - Hong Kong - London and Germany are all down.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2016 at 6:06pm

Nine Meals From Anarchy

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-18/nine-meals-anarchy

“But food is different. If there were an interruption in the supply of food, fear would set in immediately. And, if the resumption of the food supply were uncertain, the fear would become pronounced. After only nine missed meals, it’s not unlikely that we’d panic and be prepared to commit a crime to acquire food. If we were to see our neighbour with a loaf of bread, and we owned a gun, we might well say, “I’m sorry, you’re a good neighbour and we’ve been friends for years, but my children haven’t eaten today – I have to have that bread – even if I have to shoot you.”

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2016 at 8:05pm
My mother has a saying, "People will take bread out of your children's mouths to put it into their children's mouths."

That goes for personally as well as business. Jus a fact of life.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2016 at 7:05am
A very odd phenomena going on here.  Can Wall Street and TPTB (the powers that be) mess with our stock market?  Aside from the requests to allow Iran requests to have access to it, which has to be the dumbest idea since they lifted sanctions, the media and it would seem must countries are trying to portray the markets as recovering.

Nothing has changed.  The supply of oil is still increasing with decreasing demands. The stocks are over-valued and due for correction, and yet - the headlines where because for the first time since last July the Dow is over 16,000 people should be hopeful.

Perhaps this is like a top which as it slows its spin and begins to wobble. It would be great if we were about to experience a massive economic recovery and we could ignore the economies in Greece and Italy. 

It is like an ad for an incredibly low price which you read and many things in life and whisper to yourself.

"This is too good to be true."

Waiting for the other foot to fall.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2016 at 6:53am
What do you not hear on mainstream media?  With all the talk of U.S., U.K., Hong and Japanese markets, what about Russia and their market?

Often Russia is depicted as being in financial trouble. Are they? This YouTube video released 2 hours ago does cut off at the end - but has up to date information which is rarely heard on American or European Media.

Medlinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2016 at 12:08pm
http://www.businessinsider.com/ubs-julian-emanuel-wonders-if-weve-seen-the-stock-market-top-2016-4
Is this the top?

In a note to clients on Friday, UBS strategist Julian Emanuel suggests that a few signs pointing to the "endgame" for stocks are coming into view.

The basic outline is that once the Fed starts raising interest rates the wheels are set in motion for the stock market to go lower.

Emanuel notes that both the 2000 and 2007 stock market sell-offs have been preceded by a collapse in merger activity and a rotation into financial stocks and out of utility and consumer staples.

comment: Well, for the present the game isn't looking so great - the Stock Market game - globally - Japan has been in trouble for days... and before that as well - 2:52 EST

Dow-0.79% 17,689.54  /  -141.22 Nasdaq -1.10% 4,752.62  /  -52.67
S&P -1.00% 2,055.02  /  -20.79

comment: Let's hope for a recovery in the U.S. There only about one hour left for it to happen. tick...tick...tick... When the demand for oil goes down we may see a fall in oil price per barrel as well.
https://www.iea.org/oilmarketreport/omrpublic/
April 14, 2016 Growth in global oil demand will ease to around 1.2 mb/d in 2016, below 2015's 1.8 mb/d expansion, as notable decelerations take hold across China, the US and much of Europe.

Not humorous at all and serious in terms of a U.S. economy that is stalling.  People have been warning the U.S. and the public we are headed for a huge market correction and some real problems. We certainly don't want to be like Ripley and Newt after the catastrophic attack of the "Aliens."

Medclinician - CWN - jb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_%28film%29

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 8:27am
Posting once again on the follow-up thread predicting a global stock market crash.  The market in the U.S. has stalled. The 18,000 Dow much talked about by the various money market pages may be the best we will see for awhile.  Once again on a dismal Tuesday the stalled market tries to recover not only in the U.S. but in Japan, Hong Kong, and Germany and is showing losses as it opens in the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P.

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/
Dow - Nasdaq - S&P

Global

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2016 at 8:23am

Free falling. That is what is happening in the U.S. Stock Market and is also reflected in the global markets as well. The days of the hopeful DJIA 18,000 may be a distant memory as it plunges towards what some have predicted as a dismal 6,000.

Oil struggles to stay at $45 or above and even there it is a break even situation. Countries simply cannot prosper or even repay the vast debts they owe the U.S. as they have been cruising along an now the party is over. Puerto Rico is likely to default on their debt, which they already have been doing as well as Argentina, Brazil, and other nations.

This would devastate many of the U.S. banks which have a lot of their money - perhaps more of it than even in the U.S. - loaned out. The security of real estate is no longer there. The value of the U.S. dollar is a kite in the air disconnected from gold years ago. Stocks holders are over-leveraged, stock is over-valued and due for an up to 80% correction this and next year.

The U.S. markets did not happily soar with the announcement of Trump as the likely candidate for the Republican party. Despite huge support in electoral vote numbers, some people are seriously discussing leaving the U.S. for Canada. Why?

We have now the choice of the lesser of two evils. One, Hillary Clinton, on the verge of criminal prosecution and with videos showing 180 degree turns on major issues and for a kinder word we will say a misrepresentation of the truth.  Trump is not much better. There is no real assurance, and no one will get this until after the axe falls, of any fulfillment of any campaign promises. Election after election, last ones especially, it is has been a joke.

How will the stocks react to this? Not good. How much longer can Japan and China ignore what may soon become not falling, but free fall? Japan is going down hundreds of points a day. This is brutal. No comments on the media about this.

Looking at the stocks today - U.S. and world all in Dow - Nasdaq - S&P - Japan - Hong Kong - London and Germany is red. It has been red for days.

Perhaps they will have a rally. Maybe by closing today at least one of the reds will go green.

It's a hard rain's gonna fall - Bob Dylan

Medclinician JB CWN

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00136NXOK

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 6:55am
Asian stock markets are tumbling especially Japan. The loses in Japan in the last few days are sizable and it is strange how Western media seems almost unconcerned with the global economy they are so wrapped up in the biggest diversion of the year - the election. No one running will be in power until NEXT YEAR. What they think or what they want to do is irrelevant to now when very little is being done in any sector to fix anything.

These drops in economies... i.e. China and Japan will hurt the U.S. and send our own stocks down.

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL3N181450

The mainstream media is beginning to look more like The National Enquirer filled with human interest stories and very little "real news."

Social security, immigration, the war in Iraq and Syria and what is happening in oil is critical to our nation and well being.  The collapse of Obamacare with no real replacement is a disaster.  Why must we continue to see news about celebrities and what is irrelevant while our children are narc dosed with cable TV garbage and education standards are plunging downwards.

If we continue to ignore what is happening with China and Japan, we will not be prepared. Inside trading is an all time high. Hackers for hire are giving people and our enemies inside information to criminally make huge sums of money on the market.

As to the Asian markets...

Asia shares ex-Japan down 5 pct in past two weeks

* Sovereign bonds in demand, Australian yields dive

* Dollar steady for now, vulnerable to payrolls data

* Oil bounces as Canada wildfires threaten production

By Wayne Cole

SYDNEY, May 5 (Reuters) - Asian shares slipped for a seventh straight session on Thursday as mixed economic data did nothing to assuage concerns about global growth, keeping sovereign bonds well supported as a hedge against deflation risks.

The latest survey from China showed the service sector expanded at a slower pace in April, though firms did resume adding staff.

The Caixin/Markit services purchasing managers' index (PMI) dropped to 51.8, from 52.2 in March, but at least stayed in growth territory. Hong Kong's version of the PMI slid deeper into contractionary territory to touch an eight-month low.

The patchy outcomes left Shanghai stocks flat while trade across the region was stifled by a holiday in Japan.

Why do I sometime have to go to the Aussie (Australian Media) to get the real news?

Medclinician JB CWN

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2016 at 7:24am
Canadian Stock Market in Trouble

http://quadrangleonline.com/2016/05/05/loonie-plunges-for-2nd-day-stock-markets-fall/

TORONTO, May 4 Canada's main stock index fell on Wednesday as US and Canadian data added to concerns about the growth outlook and a wildfire reduced production in the country's oil sands region. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 75.68 points, or 0.55 percent, at 13,632.00.

"The markets don't like uncertainty and there is a lot of uncertainty on the global side, the macro side, in the coming few months", said Jang, citing the upcoming US presidential election and the decision by the U.K.in June on whether it to leave the EU. July copper shed two cents to US$2.27 a pound.

BCE Inc. has signed a friendly deal valued at $3.9 billion to buy Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.

The pessimism from investors also pulsated through NY markets in mid morning trading.

comment: Perhaps Wall Street continues to try to put up a good show - but world markets are highly unstable.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 1:01pm
It is ironic. We have Trump saying there will be a stock market crash and then others saying there will a considerable adjustment on the downside if Trump is elected. Either way, we don't have to wait until the Fall to see the U.S. Market stumbling. We get the happy days when the Dow manages to climb it is falling from its zenith of over 18,000 and it is closer now to 17,500.

Strange how super Tuesdays can turn into nasty Tuesday for the U.S. Stock Market.

3:47 EST - New York

Looks like oils is getting stronger, no one is making that much except for the Saudis who can crank out oil for $10 a barrel. Are they in a hurry to cap their oil production. Not really.

We have had doom and gloom economy predictions for years now and yet seeing as stocks are 80% over-valued. Tech stocks may take a brutal beating as well any health, insurance, or medical company as Obamacare heads for the grinder.  Several prime companies are not going to except people in this because they are high risk and this is going to hurt not only business but individuals.

A storm is coming. The economy, like money which is only paper, is a kite in the air waiting for the wind to fail.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2016 at 2:47pm
Despite a truly valiant effort for the Dow, the Nasdaq and S&P - as well as the four global markets to perhaps not react and eventually cause a crash or correction - it was a bad day.

comment: Been watching the Dow to see if it would eventually drop below 17,500 and is has.  While oil is at $48.11 per barrel that is still not good news when once it was over $120. The Saudi's can still make a profit if it is in the teens, but the rest of the world is hard pressed to match that.

Medclinician - CWN - JB

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 7:11am
The global stock markets are still halting in growth, while slowly creeping downward.

Today's U.S. Market is showing signs of this. It is not enough for a market to remain the same. That is stagnation and eventually will result in a drop.  The question is how much of a drop how soon. I have been watching the Dow and it went over 18,000 and then stalled. Each day the U.S. markets over the last few weeks have been going up and down. Oil climbed to $48 and is now back and forth.

This is still not a high enough level to keep the Latin American nations i.e. Brazil and Argentina okay when they are so heavily depended on oil revenue.

The Brazilian economy is in a recession and in a nosedive. If oil does not snap out of it we may see many countries default on their debts to the U.S. once and for all. This would bring on a stock market crash and more than 300 banks could implode.

The world markets are not doing well. Japan is long overdue for a serious plunge and Hong Kong is not far behind. These are the days of diversion. We have a  near circus election campaign and primaries with a socialist, a crook, and a person who would like to learn how to run a country. In the U.S. with candidates not in office talking about what they will do and nothing of real significance being done to address the bad economy in the U.S. which is bad and could worsen. The U.S. market could see a correction of up to 80%. 

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 9:31am
Med, there is going to be a "crash" of the market at some time since it has been 8 years since the last crash. Just a fact that when the market goes way up it will come crashing down at some point.

Like I keep saying a crash is the time to buy! I keep a list of stocks I will buy in a crash and just wait. Sure some of my current stocks will crash but they are all blue chip dividend earners they will come back.

I don't worry about it because there is nothing you can do and I need to make income off of what little money I have so I invest. I am just sitting and waiting to buy on the low.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 7:48am
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Med, there is going to be a "crash" of the market at some time since it has been 8 years since the last crash. Just a fact that when the market goes way up it will come crashing down at some point.

Like I keep saying a crash is the time to buy! I keep a list of stocks I will buy in a crash and just wait. Sure some of my current stocks will crash but they are all blue chip dividend earners they will come back.

I don't worry about it because there is nothing you can do and I need to make income off of what little money I have so I invest. I am just sitting and waiting to buy on the low.

What I am seeing, FluMom, as the U.S. stock market is stalling  - i.e.

10:41 EST - U.S. Stock Market 6/2/16

is a lack of confidence in the economy.

This is also occurring in lack of real growth in new jobs and as you have said - there isn't much anything we can do to stop what is coming.  Sadly this could be a "guess what" if Trump is elected despite some real efforts to stop this- and if the sorcerer cannot do the magic and American sees that - it may happen then.

We are linked globally to the other economies especially Japan, China, and Europe and those collapsing in Europe. When Brazil finally descends into a depression - not recession and Latin American countries start defaulting on their debts, many banks, especially a group of 300 or so could take hits hard enough to shut them down.

Yes, there is a correction overdue and we will see it in 2016.  It is the factors of how soon and how much that are important.  There are a lot of doomsday types with 80% drop forecasts. I would say a 30% is very likely and it will hit our economy hard.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 6:56am

very unstable and on Friday - let's see if this corrects by closing. Not a good thing to see 3 top banks dropping.

Oil is at $48.94 per barrel still hovering around $48. Some are saying is will go up to $60 soon. Is this wishful thinking?

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2016 at 8:01am
Currently am watching the DOW to see if it goes below 17,500.  The market has been down for several days now - not only only in the U.S. but globally. The uncertainty and instability of the world as well as the politics in the U.S. for the election are not helping stocks. Some have suggested if Trump is elected we will plunge into a deep recession, maybe even depression.

This is because any radical changes to the current system could destabilize it and result in a massive crash which could reduce stock prices by as much as 80% and bottom out more than 300 banks.

It is an event waiting to happen. Just as pressure grows on an earthquake fault, the pressure is on not only in Wall Street, but globally. South American countries who rely on oil have still not pulled out and Brazil could go down in flames. Many of those in debt to American banks will likely complete default and with banks over extended - could shut down instant tellers and withdrawals to amounts less then need to pay rents and bills.

Japan and Hong Kong continue to have really bad days. Current situation?  11 a.m. EST. Been watching Japan to see if it would go below 16,000 which seems to parallel the American DJIA and is falling.

Medclinician - CWN - JB

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2016 at 10:50pm
With the UK voting to exit the European Union, the FTSE (London) exchange is expected to drop 7% at the opening - so there could be a significant "correction" as the markets digest the possibility of other countries leaving the EU and what that will do to world trade etc.

A definite "correction" is on the cards but I am not sure that constitutes a "crash".   But the next few days may be interesting ones in the markets.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 8:17am
Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

With the UK voting to exit the European Union, the FTSE (London) exchange is expected to drop 7% at the opening - so there could be a significant "correction" as the markets digest the possibility of other countries leaving the EU and what that will do to world trade etc.

A definite "correction" is on the cards but I am not sure that constitutes a "crash".   But the next few days may be interesting ones in the markets.

You are correct. Not sure if you will call this a crash - but with the news the U.S. market is taking a big hit.

Updated: 11:12 a.m. 6/24/16

comment: The drop in the Japanese market is sizable. -1184.43. For both the U.S. Dow and their market I have been looking at the 15,000 number versus 18,000. In the U.S. we were nearing a recovery at almost 18,000. Have been saying that if it ducks below 17,500 and continues - there could be a major correction. 

Was talking to "a broker" who said this was a milestone for the Brits in leaving the European Union. Perhaps, and it will be in negotiation for 2 years, but this could hit the markets hard.

Medclinician CWN - JB
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 3:12pm
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/06/24/brexit-roils-wall-street-stocks-extend-global-selloff.html

At the closing bell, the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 611 points, or 3.39% to 17399. The S&P 500 dropped 76 points, or 3.60% to 2037, while the Nasdaq Composite shed 202 points, or 4.12% to 4707.

The major averages ended just off the lows of the session, which saw the Dow drop more than 647 points – the index’s worst one-day point decline since 2011. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 saw itsworst point performance in four months, while the Nasdaq’s suffered its most severe point decline in more than 16 years. To illustrate the rush on Wall Street, the Vix, which measures expected volatility over the next 30 days, jumped 43% during the session to 24.74.

Medclinician

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 10:06pm
While Russia and China, with other countries, are making all kind of deals in western countries political instability will continue. 

The US has a leadershipcrisis. Obama is in his last months as president. Whoever may become the next US president he/she will have a job full of conflicts.

In the EU the Brexit is just another step in the crisis that has been going on since at least 2008-the bankingcrisis. When politicians claim that banks are "to big to fail" states that try to save those banks will fail. 

The coming months-also in 2017-there will be several elections. In France the right wing extremist Le Pen might become president. In Germany "Alternative for Germany" is doing well in the polls. There is no point of an EU without France and/or Germany. 

The denial by banksters and "political leaders" of the gap between the 1% they work for and the general public will continue to give "shocking outcomes" for "leaders with their eyes closed". 

Both the EU and the US are in very urgent need of reforms and have to start working for their citizens. The stock markets will have to expect more shocks-much more severe that even this Brexit (which will be the start of new negotiations-not the UK leaving the EU in my opinion. The reasons why people voted for leaving the EU are not exclusive for England but widespread in all European countries.)

Economic recovery has to come from Asia. That is were over 4 billion people live. The US and EU have become bystanders due to their foreign policy failures. 
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2016 at 11:31pm
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 8:02am
The stock crash continues in the U.S. and overseas in response to the Brexit withdrawal of Britain to the European Economic Union. It is serious.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/investing/barclays-rbs-stock-suspended-brexit/index.html

Suspended is a euphemism for frozen and if appears the banks have a new strategy which was being used by China. If their shares drop enough they just take them off the market.

Barclays and Royal Bank of Scotland both tripped so-called circuit breakers after crashing more than 8% on Monday. When trading resumed, Barclays (BCS) extended its losses to more than 10% and RBS (RBS) shed 13%.

Both banks confirmed their shares were suspended, but did not comment further.

The market plunge continued on Monday. The pound sank against the dollar to trade near $1.32, roughly 12% below its pre-vote level. The benchmark FTSE index in London was down about 1.2%, while stocks in France and Germany also dropped by more than 1%.

U.S. stocks continue to drop and may have begun a correcfion which has been  long overdue.

While Japan is rebounding a very small about after it's more than 1,100 drop on Friday - the European market as well as Hong Kong are still falling. 

The overall gyst of this is that we have a global market even though there are individual markets in major countries and what hurts one, hurts us all. This should be a lesson to would be presidents who consider "tinkering" with interest rates and playing market experts. We have for years used the prime lending rates to stimulate sluggish economies and the party is over with that as we approach zero.

Moving much of the manufacturing and jobs offshore in the U.S. and literally betraying the U.S. works while at the same time bringing in massive labor across our borders is killing us. We cannot continue to feed huge trade deficits. Also the looming threat of Latin America defaults on their loans which could shut down Bank America and other major lending instituions which are hurting already.

If this is simply a nastic correction it should not go on much longer before people eager to buy lower and make some money buy massively and drive the stocks back up.

However the overall damage to U.K. which did this without the support of the people, could be serious. The pound is still dropping

The overall peformance in the U.S. now of the "big three" is now showing a loss

Hopefully by Friday we will see a rebound.

Medclinician CWN jb

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 8:28am
Chinese Yuan drops to a five year low.

Medclinician

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2016 at 12:28pm
https://www.rt.com/business/349008-iceland-uk-northern-union/ There are alternatives for the EU. MSM does not mention them.  The European Free Trade Association https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Trade_Association.

Merkel and Hollande, Juncker are at the end of their terms. Greece, Spain, Portugal in the same currency as Finland, Germany, or the Baltic states-is not "economicly wise".

“When Britain leaves the EU, we will see a triangle that covers a large part of the globe: Greenland, Iceland, the Faroe Islands, Norway - and now the United Kingdom,” said Iceland’s President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson.
~Albert Einstein
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2016 at 9:20am
There have numerous declarations that the U.S. stock market is going to sail up past 20,000. To me, this is more of a wish than a reality.  Current Republican convention - which has become a circus is not helping it. Despite all the rhetoric, it hard to believe either candidate is going to help the markets and as the reality we have only them to choose from becomes painfully clear, it will crash.

Maybe not by summer, but as we roll into Fall, we are still have  an overvalued market which is long overdue in the U.S. as well as the world, long for a massive correction.

Nothing can thrive in the midst of the U.S. election convention craziness. And today the U.S. market is stalling out.

Oil has dropped below $45.00 a barrel for the first time in a long time. Venezuela is in economic crisis - and while U.K. may actually thrive from leaving the European Union - non-of the global markets is booming. 

Medclinician - CWN

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2016 at 8:06am
The stock market and especially oil is in trouble once more. After waiting some time as Wall Street began predicting the DOW would reach 20,000 it is dropping once more.  Decided to wait to post about this until it went below 18,500 and oil began plunging once more.

The oil industry is in trouble. With the entry of Iran into production with millions of barrels of oil after the sanctions were lifted for another Pretzel Logic move by the U.S. administration - it is heading downward.  Perhaps through whatever manipulation of numbers and the markets have struggled to survive but we are still overdue for a huge correction  of over-valued and overleveraged stocks.

We are still looking at a house of cards with the dollar not backed by gold and Latin American countries on the verge of default on massive debt to the U.S. When they do, this could take out over a 300 banks.

Oil?  Well, enjoy the lower prices in the U.S. but they are costing us and the world profits which subsidize economies which cannot afford to fail. Trump's Wall Street formulas would remove what little regulation there is to prevent massive drops and near criminal behavior which now has a least some of a safety net.

When this comes about, and we watch the conventions to see which problem will be the worst, we cannot drop the prime rate anymore to stimulate the economy. The unemployment rates are falsely reported and may be up to 300% what is currently given. By not counting those out of the work force or those who have given up looking, we have a number below 10% which could really be above 20%.

People are in trouble. Many are out of work and all it takes is a hiccup of disability, pension, or benefits to put millions of homeowners out on the streets as well as their families.

Never has there been so much flag waving and promises of a new America with no clear plan on exactly how to get us there.  Policitics is promises and we certainly have had enough of them for 8 years - none of which have been kept.

Point?  When the stockholders realize we  are on the verge of a meltdown they will panic. A current strategy in place and used in the U.K. as well as other places i.e. China which simply closes things down. They will close the market and limit withdrawls from bank tellers to amounts so low, you will not be able to pay your rent or major bills. They will protect the banks and the market.

This is much like the damage of blunt trauma to the stomach versus a clean cut or wound to arms or legs. It makes one bleed internally and suddenly the person just gets pale, falters, and dies. 

The U.S. economy may not go with a bang, like World War III. It may go with a whimper. As in our daily lives we are so suppressed and contolled and at effect as we watch as everything becomes of less value and quality - we are headed for a crash.

So - did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed - well not on the floor but might as well have been - oil?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/26/investing/crude-oil-prices-terrible-month/index.html

Not long ago, oil prices looked poised to fly back above the $60 mark. All of a sudden now, the next stop looks more like $40 a barrel.

Crude crumbled to three-month lows of $42.36 a barrel on Tuesday. That leaves oil down 12% in July alone, making it a big outlier in a month that's been great for other assets like stocks, bonds, emerging markets and of course, anything to do with Pokemon Go.

So why is oil in a downdraft? Oil traders, as they're known to do, got a tad too excited about the long-awaited rebalancing of the market.

The world still seems to have more oil than it needs -- and the epic supply glut has even spread into gasoline. Gasoline inventories are sitting at the highest levels ever for this time of the year, despite the fact that it's the heart of summer driving season.

"Once again, the markets got ahead of themselves," said Matt Smith, director of commodity research at ClipperData. 

comment: Do I care about Pokemon? Will that save America?  Isn't it sad that a tiger killed someone in China and it is front page news. Both parties are divided and we have no clear powerful leader and military icon to take us homeward. People are not stupid. This is going to hurt the market.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 12:12pm
Well time is running out on my prediction the market will crash this Summer. Yet today it is looking bad.  Neither convention, neither candidate has offset the nasty over valued market and it's eventual decline. It is much more feasible there will be a chaotic drop after the election.

Today

Well enough of the don't be surprised if the DOW hits 20,000. It is dropping towards its original bad place below 18,000.

And the price of oil is heading to the south below $40 a barrel. You can forget the hopes of it climbing to $60 anytime soon. The supply is satruated and with Iran cranking it out after getting a "Get Out of Jail Free" card as we - in who knows in what moment of logic absence - took off the sanctions.

Behind the scenes some is trying hard to make it appear things are not too bad, but it is not only lagging, it is dropping again. All the markets were dropping at sometime today.

Medclinician
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 4:33pm
I know the price of gas has been steadily dropping again, it is down to $1.79 a gallon here in SW Oklahoma and $1.67 a gallon in OKC
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 3:28pm
Do need to quote the source on this - but the mainstream media is controlling the election in the U.S. and they are ignoring a massive bad situation. If Hillary is elected for president, the U.S. will go into a tailspin in the economy unprecedented since the Great Depression. We already are in a dismal situation. That is why Independent Media and Blogs are crucial to get the real news. How ironic I found this on Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/04/whats-more-important-trump-offending-one-father-or-meltdown-us-economy.html

Key points -Last week the Fed announced something so important, that it should be the talk of the media and the talk of every American. Yet it was ignored by the media in favor of headlines about Trump and this one Muslim father. The Fed released the latest GDP figures. They are a bloody disaster. 2nd quarter GDP was 1.2%, far below expectations of 2.6%. A simple way to describe 1.2% GDP is "jet engine stall." We're aren't moving, the economy is in quicksand. 

If only this were only about one quarter, this would be worrisome, but not a disaster. It's not. The Fed also downgraded the past two quarters. The first quarter of 2016 was actually downgraded to negative. Also keep in mind Obama's own White House economists recently predicted GDP would be around 1.9% for the entire 2016. Now add in the fact that the GDP for Obama's entire time as President was just downgraded by the Commerce Department by over $300 billion.

This is now officially a disaster.

Barack Obama is the only president in the history of America to preside over 7 straight years of GDP growth under 3 percent.

Obama’s own White House economists agree GDP will be in the 1% range for this year 2016.  That means Obama will become the only president in America’s history to never produce a single year of 3% or higher GDP. Even pathetic sad-sack Herbert Hoover enjoyed one year with 3% plus GDP. Obama is worse than Hoover. 

The longest previous streak of under 3% GDP in the history of America was four years (1930 to 1933) during the depths of the Great Depression. 

For the first time in American history, more businesses are being destroyed each day than are being created.

A record numbers of Americans are not in the workforce (over 94 million).

There are 70 percent more Americans collecting entitlement checks than working in the private sector (148 million “takers” vs. 86 million “makers”). This is a fact provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.

13 of the 23 Obamacare State Co-Op Exchanges have failed (gone bust and broke). The remaining 10 have losses of over $200 million per year. 

In this Obama economy, 40% of American workers now earn less (adjusted for inflation) than a full-time minimum wage worker in 1968.

20% of U.S. families don’t have a single member who is employed.

More Young Americans now live with their parents than at any time since Great Depression.

Forty-three percent of student loan borrowers aren’t making any loan payments.

As an entrepreneur and small businessman, I know what’s important to me. Trump offending one person is not important in my life. I wish he wouldn’t do it. But it’s just not important. The Wall Street Journal disclosing only days ago that this is the worst recovery since 1949 is very important.

Yet none of these real issues and gigantic problems merit any attention from the mainstream media. There is virtually no mainstream media coverage of the U.S. economy on verge of collapse, or the middle class being destroyed by ObamaCare, or half the country on welfare and food stamps.

Ironic - that was on Fox network - well most may not be covering it - but these guy did.

comment: So I might have to take the Summer out of the thread name - but just today Hillary is talking about raising taxes by trillions of dollars which will still not covering the programs she wants to keep.

What is sad.  She may be voted in so people can collect money by raising the national debt to levels which may sour our credit and finally cause the banks to fail. It was said to be one of the greatest flaws of democracy, that people can elect people to pay them money without any thought of who would pay it.

I watch the stocks daily and they are just hovering. They are not rebounding - they are stalled. 

Is the American public dumb enough to buy this?  The media machine is in place and is feeding information pro Democratic - and demonizing Trump.

How does one explain to social justice warriors that you cannot have twice as many people taking money as earning it?  You can't have socialized medicine without high taxes. Look at U.K. Socialized medicine is not good. People will wait longer for worse care.

It is a Ponzi scheme of overvalued stocks - no gold net for the money - and allowing uncontrolled immigration for votes which are destroying American jobs for Americans.

If we punish the corporations as the unions did the car manufactures, everything goes offshore. Instead of fixing the ballet boxes, we need to fix the economy or else the market is sure to crash.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 4:27pm
the economy has been spiraling downwards ,at least for the middle class,for some thirty years now

electing another Democrat or Republican will make NO difference

the die was cast decades ago

Fourth Turning
and it ain't gonna be pretty

the ONLY thing an individual can do is to position themselves as best as possible and hold on
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

the economy has been spiraling downwards ,at least for the middle class,for some thirty years now

electing another Democrat or Republican will make NO difference

the die was cast decades ago

Fourth Turning
and it ain't gonna be pretty

the ONLY thing an individual can do is to position themselves as best as possible and hold on

Perhaps you are right. You can't stand on the rail as two trains approaching in opposite directions on the same track with a few minutes left and say "We should do something about this."

Get off the track.

Med
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic