Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Petition - No More Syrian Refugees to U.S.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition - No More Syrian Refugees to U.S.
    Posted: June 16 2016 at 7:00am

Okay,  how about this petition to stop allowing Syrian refugees into U.S. for a period of 12 months? 

Anyone care to sign and share?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-allowing-syrian-refugees-us
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 12:50pm
Sorry Boss:  'not this time.

A refugee is a person in DIRE need.  Risky or not, that is a moral duty.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 1:14pm
Agree with you, Techno. Not wise to lump them all as the same either. I've worked with many M.E. refugees personally as an ESL tutor and many are just here because they have no choice and/or are too old to fight for their country, but are trying to learn and assimilate to ours. While there are chances that some will slip the cracks, that could happen with any country's refugee. Also, doing that could cause even worse anti-American sentiments and that would be worrying in its own when they do start to come back over here. Yes, the process needs to change indeed to try and minimize risks, but a 1 year ban wouldn't be the best answer to it in my opinion.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2016 at 5:28pm
No prob whatsoever techno and Hachi lol. 

The U.S. is at war with Isis, and the 441 Syrian refugees we just let into Florida this week were all Muslim and none are Christian.   

I will assist true refugees, and who are not Muslim.  If they are Muslim, well, you can remain a refugee, and tell it to Allah. 

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by hachiban08 hachiban08 wrote:

Agree with you, Techno. Not wise to lump them all as the same either. I've worked with many M.E. refugees personally as an ESL tutor and many are just here because they have no choice and/or are too old to fight for their country, but are trying to learn and assimilate to ours. While there are chances that some will slip the cracks, that could happen with any country's refugee. Also, doing that could cause even worse anti-American sentiments and that would be worrying in its own when they do start to come back over here. Yes, the process needs to change indeed to try and minimize risks, but a 1 year ban wouldn't be the best answer to it in my opinion.

I agree. And many of the terrorist atrocities we're seeing lately have been initiated by people born in the country they're attacking. Banning refugees doesn't do anything to stop US citizens who have become radicalized, but it does make us look as though we're okay with waging war in another country while refusing to offer aid to those caught in the crossfire.  Let's not forget that most of the refugees fleeing countries like Syria are doing so to escape groups like ISIS.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 3:15pm
is Saudi taking  any????

Muslim  countries should take Muslims,

Christian take all others.........
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

is Saudi taking  any????

Excellent point, carbon - especially with what we now know about Saudi's increasing involvement in funding and promoting terrorist groups operating outside of it's borders. That said, I've heard that refugees don't want to go to Saudi because they know full well that they'll be badly treated. Just look at their record on human rights abuses involving foreign workers from third world countries.

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 8:41pm
If we elect Trump President we don't have to sign a petition which the politicians pay no attention to! Sorry, I know some of these U.S. Senators and Congressmen personally and Repub or Dem they don't care about the people only their living and retirement on the taxes we pay.

Oh, don't forget all the money they make on insider trading because they know who will get government contract to companies. Yes, that is all legal they can invest in companies they know will get contracts.

Tom Tancredo, Colorado Rep, was a school teacher before he served 8 years and he came out a multi millionaire in 8 short years. Now you know why these guys don't care about us just themselves!
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2016 at 9:43pm
We do not have a radical Muslim issue we have an Islam issue. They are not a religion of peace as the PC crowd would have us believe.

Their prophet says that if infidels do not convert kill them. Sounds like a religion of peace to me, wrong.

There is a Islam vs Christianity war coming, it is the third WOE spoken of in the Bible. The first two WOES were the Crusades and Ottoman Empire, these were Papal led Christianity vs  Islam wars.

The prophecies in the Bible are History in advance. Check it out for yourself. History repeats itself.

http://www.islamandchristianity.org/

Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2016 at 8:45pm
I know they are bringing refugees to live here near where I live cause Raytheon is hiring teachers to teach English to them.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Penham Penham wrote:

I know they are bringing refugees to live here near where I live cause Raytheon is hiring teachers to teach English to them.

You can thank the Muslim president of the USA for that. He is importing Muslims not Christians, ask your self why, when it is the Christians that are being persecuted in the Muslim Countries. Islam vs Christianity, Evil vs Good, Satan vs Christ  they are all the same battle.

The final acts of the history of this world are happening at lighting speed. You all are prepared for the physical aspect of the trouble ahead, you also need to prepare your spirit as it will be more important than the physical aspect. 

Who will you serve the GOD of Creation or the man of Sin (Satan) who is represented on earth by mans false teachings.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

All ten of the commandments not just nine are to be kept. Only one starts with "Remember" all others are "Thou Shalt not..."
Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 8:40am
Three Syrian refugees reportedly raped a little girl at knifepoint in Idaho before urinating on her body, an incident that prompted furious residents to accuse Twin Falls city council members of covering up the assault.

The sexual assault allegedly took place on June 2, but has received virtually no media attention aside from one vague KMVT report.

However, residents have been circulating what really happened on social media, with the Creeping Sharia blog reporting that the victim was a young girl who was born premature and is “less developed for her age”.

The perpetrators were three Syrian youths aged 8, 10 and 13, with the oldest boy directing the assault.

The little girl was playing outside Fawnbrook apartment buildings when the boys put a knife to her throat and forced her inside a laundry unit. She was then stripped naked, raped and urinated on. The 13-year-old reportedly told the younger boys to urinate on her because they were incapable of ejaculating.

The victim’s grandmother found the victim and then called the girl’s mother, who called the police. The police took 2 and a half hours to arrive but were unable to take any action due to the “language barrier”.

When she arrived, the mother of the alleged rapists was only able to say “no police,” while the father reportedly congratulated his 13-year-old son. Video of the entire assault was captured on the boy’s cellphone.

follow-up KMTV report revealed that, “the case has officially been sealed by a judge with no chance of it ever being unsealed since all parties involved are minors.”

A video of a Twin Falls council meeting shows irate residents demanding to know why council members have done nothing to address the alleged rape, as well as numerous other issues involving Syrian refugees being housed in the area, including hit and run incidents and Muslims spitting on non-Muslims.

Around 50 Syrian “refugees” are reportedly housed at the Fawnbrook site.

Council members were also grilled as to how a mosque was approved after just 24 hours, whereas a new home application would take at least 2 weeks just to process.

In every instance, the council members claim ignorance as to the severity of the situation, with one even suggesting that residents’ concerns are based on anti-Muslim prejudice and even white supremacism.

http://www.infowars.com/report-three-syrian-refugees-rape-little-girl-at-knifepoint-in-idaho/

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2016 at 7:08pm
UPDATE ARTICLE

OISE — A prosecutor in south-central Idaho is refuting allegations you may have seen circulating on social media and conspiracy-oriented websites that three young Syrian refugees raped a girl at knifepoint.

Twin Falls County Prosecutor Grant Loebs said no gang rape occurred and no Syrian refugees were involved in a case involving children in a laundry room at a Twin Falls apartment building.

Anti-refugee activists argue police didn't respond quickly to the allegations and claim a boy videotaped the attack.

Several residents demanded more information be released during a Twin Falls City Council meeting last week and asked if the city was involved in a cover-up. Loebs denies the claims.

"No, for certain there was no cover up," Loebs said Monday.

Reports that the boys are Syrian are false, Loebs said. He said there is no evidence that the alleged sexual assault happened at knifepoint and said any online report that says this was a gang rape is false.

However, he said three boys who are not Americans by birth were involved in the reported sexual assault of a 5-year-old girl on June 2 at the Fawnbrook Apartments.

Loebs said the boys - ages 7, 10 and 14 - all allegedly participated in the assault. Only one, however, is suspected of having physical contact with the girl.

The two older boys are from the Sudan in Africa, Loebs said, and the youngest is from Iraq. Loebs said he doesn't believe they are recent refugees, but he said he doesn't know when or how they came to the U.S. 

The 10-year-old and the 14-year-old were taken into custody on Friday, Loebs said. They were taken into custody a day after the prosecutor's office got the case and filed charges. 

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 7:11am
^This stuff happens every day in Chicago by good, old-fashioned Americans against Americans.  

I agree that I would like to see persecuted Christians, Yazidis and others given priority for refugee status, but that seems to fall on deaf ears with this administration. 

My concern isn't so much that they will become terrorists, but that they will never integrate and the US will resemble London, Paris, Madrid etc. with large Islamic neighborhoods.   

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
CRS, DrPH
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 9:40am
You ar correct DrPH!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 11:50am
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

^This stuff happens every day in Chicago by good, old-fashioned Americans against Americans.  

I agree that I would like to see persecuted Christians, Yazidis and others given priority for refugee status, but that seems to fall on deaf ears with this administration. 

My concern isn't so much that they will become terrorists, but that they will never integrate and the US will resemble London, Paris, Madrid etc. with large Islamic neighborhoods.   

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">

An those large neighborhoods will be ruled by Sharia law, not the law of the USA.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2016 at 9:14am
I'll sign it and I'd also like to begin one to stop the constant rush of immigrants over here legally as well.  I'm sick and tired of hearing we need them because our ppl don't have the tech skills we're looking for when that is an outright lie and people already here and already citizens are losing their jobs to lower cost and IMHO, less able, techies.

I work at a State university and we keep hiring staff from India, very few have green cards or are citizens of course, and I honestly don't see where they are any better than our American staff.  Actually, in most cases, they are not as good.  As for them being cheaper, that may apply in private industry but not here.  They are paid more than most of us Amercians.

Just my two cents!

as for the Syrian refugees, they need to be vetted.  Before you say pull out your hanky and say 'but they need help' look at the news feeds and tell me how many women, older men or children you see.  Most of them are younger men and some of them have already been found to have terrorist ties.

I would like to see the Mexican border shut down also.  We can't keep taking every other countries throw aways and act like we have the room and can absorb the changes that will be needed to feed, house, clothe, etc these people.

I don't mean to sound hateful, but I am a realist.  There is a reason that the other neighboring Arab countries don't take in these refugees - they say that they are too 'dangerous'.  Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, etc.

Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 3:27pm
Supporters of Hezbollah, Houthis, Shi'a's, chanted death to America with great regularity. Khamenei, Iran's leader, changed death to America also.

With so many Muslims in the middle east and no way to sort out the good from the radicals, why take the chance on bringing any of them here to do damage like we've seen them do in Europe?

A vote for Hillary is a vote for bringing more Muslims here, which increases our risk at home for more terrorist events.

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 9:44pm
The best way to stop refugees from Syria to go to the US or EU would be peace in Syria. Refugees are the result of a process, we are all humans sharing one small planet in our short lives. 

Since this story developed from Syrian refugees to Islam, I understand that in the US Islam is a growing religion mostly by Americans born in the US become muslim. Should there be a limitation on the freedom of religion ? (When you make some form of extreme Islam illigal, why then still allow "Christian"groups like the Westboro Baptist Church https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church disturbing funerals by protesting against homosexuals.)

The acts of terror in the US mostly were done with weapons etc. from inside the US. The US has "very good relation" with countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan both very involved in terror operations. 

You can close the US for Syrian refugees but what would be the goal ? Stop terror in the US ? Stop Islam in the US ? Would it be effective ?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 11:31pm
The severity of human rights abuse, especially for Islamic women, is incompatible with our constitution. Therefore, there should absolutely be limits on freedom of religion when it is in conflict with our Constitution.

Anything that we can do to stop the flow is vital to our way of life or they will expect to have "no-go" zones just like they have in Europe where rapes and murders go unreported. Then the Muslims will get themselves entrenched in city, state, and federal government jobs and will try to change our laws legally.

The new and first Muslim mayor in London, Sadiq Khan, has banned sexy women's advertisements, not that that's a totally bad thing, but what's next? Will he try to take away women's rights to drive a car? Work? Travel without a man? Will he ban bikini's or 2-piece suits at the beach? Where will this guy stop? What will the next Muslim do when he gets into office? Will he require all of London's school children read the Quran and pray multiple times a day?

They either accept our way of life, or they shouldn't be allowed to move here. Because that isn't practical, then we should just keep them out. However, the black man in the U.S. is actively being recruited to convert to Islam. Many blacks have converted to Islam in TV, film, comedy, and music.

I was in a car dealership a couple of years ago and the black man sitting next to me to read chapter such and such in the bible and because I was curious I did. It said that women should wear veils. I was shocked. There are words for men like him.

All religions of the world have their own belief in their superiority to all the other religious and they all have their own set of rules. The Dutch Reformed don't believe in watching TV or driving on Sunday. The southern Baptists have a disdain for alcohol with the exception of my mother-in-law who got her nasty courage out of countless champagne bottles of the years. The Catholics believe in confession. The Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in divorce or blood transfusions.
I just cannot go along with all this BS anymore than I can believe that there is a perfect or best religion anywhere in the world.

It should be illegal for anyone to disrupt a funeral. This is in horrible bad taste.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 7:42am
Hey look at that - we see eye to eye on a few things Wink

While I disagree with calls to stop accepting any more legitimate refugees rendered homeless by wars we participated in to supposedly liberate them from tyranny, I totally agree that barbaric and unjust religious codes like sharia have absolutely no place here in the west (or anywhere, to be honest). I can't believe that something that medieval is still being embraced by anyone in this day and age.

And the Westboro Baptist Church - don't get me started on those idiots...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic