Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America
    Posted: January 05 2017 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

I well remember  the riots of the 60's

this stuff today is kiddie stuff by comparison

As do I, Satori.  I distinctly remember, as a 10 year old boy, standing in my front yard and seeing the sky over the West Side of Chicago glowing red from the massive fires on Madison and Roosevelt Road. 

The stuff going on today seems mild, but there is a lot of anger in poor communities, and the ongoing shooting of black suspects by the police seems unwarranted to me.  Poor training (I train with the second largest police force in the state, as well as the feds).  
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 5:32pm
I well remember  the riots of the 60's

this stuff today is kiddie stuff by comparison
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 5:11pm

I haven't seen any evidence that this guy was targeted for being a Trump voter
reports do say he was "MENTALLY CHALLENGED"
(Trump supporter? mentally challenged? ,ok,too easy,I'm gonna let that goLOL )
did he even vote at all ?
as of right now
this is just a criminal act,and certainly one that appears racist in nature

lets not turn a mole hill into Mount Everest

This is not the first such event to happen in Chicago, which is where I'm sitting as I type this.  

This stuff could be a slippery slope into full-scale racial warfare, and I'm not happy about it.  
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 9:23am
I haven't seen any evidence that this guy was targeted for being a Trump voter
reports do say he was "MENTALLY CHALLENGED"
(Trump supporter? mentally challenged? ,ok,too easy,I'm gonna let that goLOL )
did he even vote at all ?
as of right now
this is just a criminal act,and certainly one that appears racist in nature

lets not turn a mole hill into Mount Everest
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

It is very possible we are on the virge of a new generation of religious zealots who will be out huntihng and even eating people in response to these kind of hate crimes

Calm down, Med. I agree we're on the cusp of a turbulent period in US history, but cannibalism seems like a bit of a stretch from where I'm sitting.

Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

...there is a segment of blacks - i.e. Black Lives Matter who are as bad as all of the KKK that have ever lived.

I'm trying to stay out of politicized discussions, but I have to call BS on this one, Med. Either you don't know much about the history of the KKK and the sheer level of institutionalized violence that was directed toward the black community in the years prior to the rise of the civil rights movement in the States, or you're choosing to ignore it to make a point. Either way, that comment needs to be countered.

Warning - graphic content.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 6:02am
What a way to start the day. Four black people torture a disabled white person for voting for Trump. In the interest of fairness to black people, this is not representative of millions of African Americans. Just like I find KKK abhorent and would never back the terrible things they have done, there is a segment of blacks - i.e. Black Lives Matter who are as bad as all of the KKK that have ever lived.

I have not posted this video to be watched here but I feel it is a better representation of black educated young people who do not back this event. It happened in Chicago and was broadcast live feed on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfsGn4-ic3Q

Violence in Chicago is at an all time high.  And not only will white people be targeted but police officers as well. As I posted earlier, a lifelong friend of mine was in a restaurant eating lunch with a police officer when a person came in and shot him dead right in front of him.

There has been a bloodless revolution in the United States as minorities have literally taken over huge parts of major cities including San Jose where I grew up. As the media and music pump out cultural norms filled with zero belief in God in any form, glorification of violence, huge drug use where whole states are addicted to pain meds and illegal drugs, and the rise of alternate life styles is hurting America, not helping it.

The pendulum swings.  It is very possible we are on the virge of a new generation of religious zealots who will be out huntihng and even eating people in response to these kind of hate crimes. Americans, especially whites, have been pressured over the last 4 decades to accept what has been a worsening situation. The stream of immigrants who have literally overwhelmed our public services and medical care has reduced white people to a minority group.

People do have a right to vote for who they want. That is called a democracy. I cannot remember historically any person being tortured for voting for someone in America.

Whatever propaganda this may be - it will not stop Trump from taking office unless he is assassinated. If this happens there will be a racial war and anarchy in the streets. This is not going to happen in time for Obama to declare martial law and stay in office.

America is split right down the middle and the majority - and truly counting the immigrant votes - it still probably was the majority - voted for Trump. 

The Democratic party now has to live with that as well as loss of control of both houses of congress.

There will be a backlash to this incident on a disabled white person. There will be more such incidents and there will be anarachy in the streets in some major American cities - God help us all if they kill him.

Medclinician
"not if but when" the original Medclinician
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2016 at 7:43pm
Morale in the Chicago PD is pretty low these days....

Mind you, the officers have an unsettling tendency to shoot unarmed black teenagers!  I've watched a lot of film, nearly all of these shootings were not justified in my professional opinion.   However, a perp making a grab at an officer's sidearm is a justifiable reason for an officer to shoot.  

We appear to be approaching a state of anarchy in our US cities, so plan accordingly.  Any natural event (pandemic, solar flare, food/water shortage etc.) could spark it off.  
CRS, DrPH
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2016 at 5:26pm
A police officer friend of mine said he saw on Craigslist that people were being paid to protest at these events, $18 an hour. It was a job ad.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2016 at 6:45am
November 26, 2016

PITTSBURGH – A man is dead and three others injured after assailants emerged from a wooded area and sprayed a Pittsburgh streetscape with bullets.

Authorities identified the dead man as 22-year-old Niles Young in Saturday's shooting. Police were investigating and say the attackers fired at least 15 shots.

Police also say a 29-year-old woman was shot in the arm, an 11-year-old girl was grazed in the foot and an 8-year-old boy was cut when he was struck by glass from a window shattered by a stray bullet.

Man killed after attackers spray city street with bullets

comment: The situation in the large cities is getting worse as law enforcement becomes and endangered species in a climate of increasing anarchy.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 9:18pm
LOL, CNN is showing Anthony Bourdain Parts tonight so no press for the demonstrators across America...boo hoo!

Med you are the only one showing the demonstrators and not many people watch the 10/11 o'clock news on a Saturday night. LOL, just looked at CNN and Fox online and not one mention of this demonstration in LA. and NO photos of today's march are online at CNN or Fox.

Sorry the press is moving on to other topics. The press may be realizing that by publishing the marches and riots only makes matters worse.

Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 8:11pm
There's more underneath the surface of these demonstrations than meets the eye.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 4:39pm
There are a lot of people protesting in LA. It is hitting the mainstream media. 

GIM - CNN - Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 11:19am
Los Angeles Trump protests - 7 minutes ago -

Crowds are gathering for the Los Angeles protest against Trump. The fact that Black Lives Matter is there is not a big plus for it being non-violent. This is being organized by a Latino Group and really is recruiting minorities and LGBT to try and have Electors change their vote and put Hillary Clinton in as president. It is really not reliable what the actual final popular vote count was. It is likely it does not represent the actual vote and is so small it is not a mandate of the people by any means.

Earlier today this was filmed of the police mobilzing to deal with the protestors on Westbound 10 in LA blocked the freeway.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 9:40am
Let them burn down LA and see if the rest of the country cares! Sorry, but the conservatives have sucked it up for 8 years. These people are really being misled by Liberal leaders who want to make this county look bad. But it is their city and if they burn and loot oh well!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 9:13am
They are gearing up this morning for a massive Trump protest in LA. Estimates are that we will see as many as 10,000 people take to the streets. The question is whether this will turn violent and whether the police will make an effort to control this - and there will be one serious confrontation or many.

You cannot wave a lit torch near a pile of leaves and twigs and not expect it to catch fire. The number of people greatly increase the chance of problems as well as many opportunistic "just want to raise a little hell" people really hurting or killing someone.

LA Times is geared up and ready to pump this out to the world as if it were representive of the current national situation. It is not. I have been told by people traveling through the Midwest and South they drove through states and saw little or no Hillary posters or support of any kind.

No matter how much the East and West coast liberals want to run the country, it isn't going to happen. The United States after nearly 250 years has a lot of built in safety valves and the Electoral College System is one of them. Some of this is about as effective as going to City Hall with a traffic ticket and protesting the fine and hoping to win. Some people do this religously and are at constant war with the establishment and criminal justice system.

We certainly don't want to see our youth become criminalized by opportunistic politicians working them up and feeding fear and racial hatred to escalate the violence.

Stay tuned - I will be in LA cyberspace and I very much think a great deal could happen as the day progresses.

Medclinician
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 6:57am
Well said Crabby!
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 9:19pm
It just goes to show how spoiled and immature many people have become in this country. If people don't have it "their" way, then they riot.

Unfortunately, many of these people are paid demonstrators from the "move on" organization sponsored by George Soros. The Clinton campaign also paid people to demonstrate at Donald Trump rallies. All of this behavior is simply bad and ridiculous.

The MoveOn.org now has a petition to ban the electoral college. Donald Trump is the 5th president to have won this way, but some of the mod's even on this forum are upset with the electoral college deciding the matter.

People need to grow up and accept "what is". It would be nice if our Muslim in Chief actually spoke up about this bad behavior for a change, but I believe he's secretly cheering them on.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 6:11pm
They are now using my term "Anarchy in the Streets" or close to it. Portland was bad. It became a riot. People are getting hurt. This is not settling down. It is not on the main Fox page - but is in U.S. There were 4,000 people. That is no sit-in.

Medclinician

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 8:54am
The problem I have with all this, is the people that are going out and doing all this demonstrating and tearing things up, setting fires, breaking windows, damaging police cars...they are the ones tearing up our country, giving us a bad name, dividing the people. They are doing what they accuse Trump of doing, only he is not the one doing it, they are. You did not see people out in the streets doing this when Obama was elected both times and believe me there were/are tons of Obama haters out there still. They did not do that, they sucked it up and said we can deal with this, we can make it ok.

That being said and again just my opinion, which is not worth much. I am neither a Trump or Obama supporter or Hillary for that matter. I voted for Gary Johnson this year, first time in my life I have ever voted 3rd party.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 5:30am
This is far more serious and denial isn't going to help. Whether these protests are organized to upset the peace and bring anarchy to the streets of our large cities is not relevant. 

One should realize that extremist thinking is not logical - it is emotional and lynch mobs are not led by people who one can reason with.

They are correct in the chant "The whole world is watching". It most certainly is. As we have provided the media almost absolute power to influence minds and elections, it matters.  Terrorists know this and are becoming more and more able to take their message to the media.

Perhaps the new "wise men" are oblivious to the power of actors and actresses, famous people, and icons to deeply stir America. It was music that fueled the protests of the 60s and drugs that brought about  the social revolution of free love and anti-religion that have brought us where we are today.

It is not a tempest in a teapot. It is a tempest. In a war, it isn't that important if the fighters are mercemnaries. Perhaps they may lack the patriotism and will fight underneath any flag, but they still take cities and people still die.

Our nation is split.  We have a 50/50 vote for two diametrically opposed candidates.

http://www.worldsocialism.org/spgb/socialist-standard/1980s/1989/no-1019-july-1989/1789-france%E2%80%99s-bourgeois-revolution
Those who cannot learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Santayana

Ironically, it was Trump who appealed to the working class which won the final phase of the election- the rust belt, the coal miners, the industries in the U.S. that have failed. General Motors is in serious trouble and cutting a huge number of jobs. It is extremely doubtful the current riots are working class - so it becomes a little different here as to who exactly is organizing these protests and why.

It is doubtful they are for the good of the American people, middle class, or workers. It is because a social agenda was established to promote racism and favortism for certain groups and this has now been denied, people are in the streets. It is not about equality. It is about programs which help people who are not citizens and are draining America of its jobs, heal resources, and overwhelming the education system and budgets. We cannot afford to educate and help everyone who makes it across the border. It is killing California. 

Celebrities gain exposure and make money by endorsing extremists. Urging people to leave our country and move to Canada is not patriotism. You cannot change or address the issues if you flee the country.

DrJohn Ray and I were talking at some length about this and these protests appear focused on causing so much chaos as to create a situation where possibly the president would step in and declare a national emergency.

These are not forgive and forget people. A call for unity after inciting the masses to diversify based on race, religion, and sexual preference cannot be undone in a day. No one is fooled by smiling faces and enemies who declared them unfit to rule America. They still think it as do their followers. Despite what the enamored leaders may think of themselves, the public is not all that impressed with them or congress.

Is there a problem?  Yes there is. And it's not going to go away in a day.

Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Satori, you are correct. Did Conservatives burn Flags or march in the streets in protest when Obama was elected president...NO!

Liberals only like election results only if Liberals Win!

Get over it we had too in 2008 and 2012!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm getting a kick out of watching the down in the mouth commentators on CNN.

Did anyone notice that Hillary wore funeral colors of black and purple when she gave her concession speech? Bill Clinton had on a purple tie and the Cain's wife also had on purple. That must have been planned. Even 1 CNN commentator wore purple the next day. Poor babies.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 8:42am
The two cases of gold spray paint he brought with him have me worried.

(Sorry - couldn't resist... LOL)

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:40am
amen
and well said

we deserve it
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:32am

Trump Goes To The White House At 11am To Begin Transition Process

• 11:00 am: Trump meets with Obama in the Oval Office
  • 12:30 pm: Trump and his vice president-elect, Mike Pence, will meet with House Speaker Paul Ryan for lunch.
  • 2:45 pm: Pence and Biden will hold a closed-press meeting at the White House, the vice president’s office said.

this is AMERICA there will be a peaceful and dignified transfer of power to Mr Trump Obama is no doubt not happy about the election results but he respects them and he will fulfill his duty in a dignified and respectful manner and act in the best interests of the country by assisting President Trump in any way he can

comment: Hoping for the best in this and that America can be unified and have a period of prosperity and growth - the best in decades.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:24am

Trump Goes To The White House At 11am To Begin Transition Process

• 11:00 am: Trump meets with Obama in the Oval Office
  • 12:30 pm: Trump and his vice president-elect, Mike Pence, will meet with House Speaker Paul Ryan for lunch.
  • 2:45 pm: Pence and Biden will hold a closed-press meeting at the White House, the vice president’s office said.

this is AMERICA

there will be a peaceful and dignified transfer of power to Mr Trump

Obama is no doubt not happy about the election results

but he respects them

and he will fulfill his duty in a dignified and respectful manner

and act in the best interests of the country by assisting President Trump in any way he can

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:21am
Repost

Never have I encouraged or endorsed violence of any kind in my life or discrimination to any racial group or religion and I never will.

We are at a point in our history whether minority groups and parts of our country will be devisive or rather we can unify as Americans and put those differences behind us. This needs to be done. We need to be a nationalist country rather than splintered into so many factions who fight each other that it divides us and makes us vulnerable.

I was talking to my cousin the other night who told me a story about our grandmother who was a very earthy Christian married to my grandfather who was a devout Atheist. Three of the cousins were in a savage argument and it was getting very heated and on the verge of someone hurting someone, she picked up a stick from near the fireplace and handed it to one cousin and said
"Can you break this?"  He, still pretty angry, took it and quickly snapped it in two.

Then she took 15 small sticks and put them together and said now break this. He couldn't do it.

"As a family," she said, "our unity is our strength. When we begin fighting and turn on each other - then we become weak."

comment: So as a country, elements have arisen over the last 50 years to create division by race, sexual preference, and divide us. As much as we honor where people came from, this is America and we are Americans. No matter what race, what religion, even what sex we prefer, when these things pit us against each other are used by politicians and those wanting power and money, it weakens us. This is true in any country. Whether it be U.K. , Europe,  Russia, Africa, Japan, Latin America. It is the enemies of a nation that create division so it may fall. It is the patriots, the lovers of a country - that want it to be united and will fight to the death -  so that it may have the right and ability to be so.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 6:50am
that "Satori" is NOT the real Satori
I amBig smile

why are you trying to stir up a big bunch of trouble ?

before the election the nut jobs were saying Obama was gonna cancel the election
and declare martial law and lock up Trump supporters in the nearest Walmart/FEMA camp
and then that he was gonna shut down the electrical grid
and some said a solar flare was actually SCHEDULED to hit on election day to keep people from voting for Trump
good grief
the stupid is contagious and NEVER stops

99.9% of the country is quiet and peaceful
so some idiots are going crazy
they'll get over it

and some people NEVER accept the results of an election
how many people still dont accept Obama?
tons of them
big deal

the revolution has been cancelled
now everybody go home
Dancing With The Stars is on
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 5:56am

The election is over. It's time for you to learn to live with it.

The electoral college is a classic way to rig the sytstem. In this case it backfired on Hillary Clinton who had targeted high electoral states in an intensely calculated bid for president.  A few hundred thousand votes is not a mandate of the people. It is a nation divided almost exactly at 50% with a fair portion of the liberals having evolved Black Lives Matter and any number of violent revolutionary groups.

In all fairness to our system and country, I would not want to be Donald Trump this morning. It is also ironic he had said "just let the guards back away and see what happens". Well, we can figure out what would happen at Trump Tower with thousands of Trump haters outside.

Now I was at Berkeley during the protests against the war. I wasn't in them but I saw people on the ground being kicked and bludgeoned and it was a nightmare. They are back - two generatons later - at Berkeley- and it is very similar.

The bottom line is the statement "you have to learn to accept the election is over". No, they don't.  It is a kind of shoulda - coulda situation and some may never accept it.

We live in a nation which is one of the most violent in the world with a murder rate in some places exceeding even the most savage places in the Third World.  Being the number one vendor of weapons on the planet and making more selling arms to everyone - even those who use them against us - our people are armed, and more so, now than ever.

We have reached a point where the rich, the powerful, and those with enormous technical skills can exert mind control over vast numbers through the media.  Like an old time mob or witch burning, as they burn Trump in effigy, we see the effect of this as a target for the hatred of centuries emerges.

They certainly cannot simply take a George Harrison approach and say "This too shall pass."  Nor can they think a Hillary who has put in years to stirring them up and losing will end with one speech what took her so long to create.  Nor that a call for unity from a president with a dismal record in office and soon to become a memory - will have any effect.

The children of anarchy- racism and hate in America - it is all over our country (those of us reading this and who live in the United States) and becoming much worse as more news reports flood our media.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 4:59am
with all due respect Flu MomAngry

there is NOTHING for me to get over

I merely stated a FACT

our system of government provides that the Electoral College determines the winner
and I RESPECT that

I'm sorry that the FACT that more people chose Hillary over Trump troubles you
but it is a FACT for now,unless the final #'s change later

seems we both have something to "get over"

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 10:19pm
Satori, you are correct. Did Conservatives burn Flags or march in the streets in protest when Obama was elected president...NO!

Liberals only like election results only if Liberals Win!

Get over it we had too in 2008 and 2012!
Satori View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 9:14pm
The election is over. It's time for you to learn to live with it.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 7:12pm
well I certainly understand why people are rioting
the voice of the people was DENIED

Trump was right about one thing
"it is a RIGGED system"

Hillary was the PEOPLE'S choice
she won the popular vote
MORE people picked her over Trump
that's a  fact (unless the final numbers change later)

it is also a fact that the Donald is gonna be the one to pick out the new
carpet and drapes in the Oval OfficeCry

but for one reason and one reason only

THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED
the voice of the people was forcibly silenced by the law

RIOT ON !!!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 6:42pm
Current situation - there are demonstrations across America - this is an independent film from Portland, Oregon.

Too long to put up here but follows the event and this is deeply disturbing. These are young people - college students.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRBYlUrs4A
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 6:27pm
Social Justice Warriors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Bascially neither reality or facts figure into this. Often it is the belief that government should take care of people who do not work or contribute to society. One of the ideas was to put in a president who would not cut any of the programs paying money to people.

If the ratio of money from taxes and other income is far less than the progarms eventually some have to be cut.

What happens if the extreme left is unwilling to accept the result of an election? Notice the burning of a small American flag. 

Medclinician

Bad word has been starred in this - up to the moderators on this one.  Santa Cruz where people were protesting is only a few miles from me.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2016 at 11:06am
Independent News - Two police officers shot and killed in Iowa.

Medclinician

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/us/police-iowa-ambush-killed.html

Two police officers were shot and killed early Wednesday while sitting in their patrol cars in the Des Moines area, and the authorities later arrested a 46-year-old Iowa man in connection with the “ambush-style attacks.”

The man, identified as Scott Michael Greene, of Urbandale, Iowa, was taken into custody in Dallas County, just west of Des Moines, said Sgt. Paul Parizek, a spokesman for the Des Moines Police Department.

Mr. Greene was on foot when he was arrested by the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office and the Iowa State Patrol, and he offered no resistance, the authorities said. He will be taken back to Des Moines, they said.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2016 at 8:40am
I am going to move the basics of what may be a move to put off the American presidential elections by a war.

Simply stated here, I feel discrimination of any group is wrong. Yet, this goes far beyond the issue of that. It would appear some forces are moving to create a crisis that would allow the current administrtion to stay in power and make Congress unable to act in any way.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2016 at 3:34pm
if there's any riots in this country any time soon
it's gonna  be because of people like this

On November 9th, Trump's Followers Will Probably Be More Dangerous Than Trump

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/10/november-9th-trumps-followers-will

just look at the hate,the rage and the IGNORANCE in these people

and there are MILLIONS of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ups4FeSuHvY

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2016 at 3:08pm
It has been said be careful what you wish for. Well, perhaps another take on this would be careful what you predict.  I once upon a time wrote a "thesis" on Reverse Chaos Logic and one basic was when things which don't seem related are. My point. Is Obama by some incredible stretch of the imagination trying to stay in office?

I have been right about these things before. And in the dark and mysteries think tanks of a president who managed to stay in 8 years despite not fulfilling any campaign promises - what could keep him in?

Well, I am not in the Obama camp. But if I were, I would say - if the blacks begin killingl cops - everywhere. I am not prejudice. Never have been. It would start a revolution.

I am color blind.  Yet, I can tell you one thing. If there is near anarchy in the U.S. and chaos in the cities, he will declare a national emergency and put off the elections. Then we are at martial law and all the executive order laid down since Kennedy kick in.

Freedom becomes a memory.

So in the last heat of a campaign where neither horse is that desirable - is the stagnancy your in bettter than massive change?

How would this work?   You destroy what little law and order we have especially in the inner cities. And just before the election - what happens?

Was just going to post another outbreak of racial violence that was going on.

It is off of Fox replaced by Hillary's new lead in the polls.

Well, plan b is still in place.

Medclinician
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 9:45pm
WOW! You guys are lightning fast. What was so offensive about my last post? I spoke the truth as I see it.

What happened to "freedom of speech"? It certainly doesn't exist here.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 6:15pm
Be particularly nice to anyone you meet of a different race....being white, I always reach out to African-Americans in small ways, hoping to make a positive impression. 

I think of the injustices that the oldest black American residents have endured....it wasn't all that long ago that black Americans were lynched, hung, and severely brutalized.  I'm ashamed of that history. 

Be nice to folks, they'll often be nice back.   I waved to a black female traffic officer in downtown Chicago today, she gave me a big smile and a cheery wave back!!  If we all do this, it will help.  

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
CRS, DrPH
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 2:29pm
That was quick? So tell me, what was offensive this time?
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2016 at 11:15am
"White people to the back - black and brown people to the front"

It has been a long time in coming and it will be a long time gone - Crosby, Stills and Nash.

This saddens me. Even more so when they took an American flag and burned it and tread on the ashes. There were no any color people in the back of any buses or else where when we fought in Vietnam or supported that conflict or any other war.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/27/black-dnc-protest-tells-crowd-white-people-to-back.html

Do acts of terrorism and violence of the minority of a race speak for the majority? We have come a long way since Martin Luther King and what was criminal discrimination and acts of violence. A lot of progress has been made and this hurts the black people as much as the slaughter of a priest hurts the Arabs who are not represented by these extreme groups.

The media is having a field day. They thrive on violence, hatred, and a microscopic view of a panoramic world.

The unidentified woman with the megaphone repeatedly told all Caucasian protesters to move.

“You will appropriately take your place in the back of this march because it will be truly led by the black and brown community and that’s it,” she roared.

The edict even applied to journalists covering the demonstration.

“Make room for black media,” she yelled. “White media get to the back. Black media come to the front.”

Anti-American protesters threw Old Glory on the ground. They stomped on the flag and then set it ablaze.

I can't even begin to imagine the anti-American hatred they harbor in their hearts. I can’t begin to comprehend their contempt for those who fought and died for the stars and stripes.

How incredibly sad it was to witness such hatred and racism on full display in the City of Brotherly Love.

comment: Apparently it is not only those in the highest places who do not go to jail for acts of overt treason and betrayal of their country. 

People died - thousands of them - to give us a free nation.

These radical groups need to be stopped. They are hurting their own kind far worse than many of the bigots and skinheads and white supremists.

How very, very sad.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Crabby Crabby wrote:

Perhaps I'm the only one on this entire forum with the guts enough to speak honestly about this and to openly admit how I've changed over the years. No amount of putting this subject in the closet is going to cure it. It will only make the situation worse!

"The poll, conducted from Friday, the day after the killing of five Dallas police officers, until Tuesday, found that six in 10 Americans say race relations were growing worse, up from 38 percent a year ago."

Read about it here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/most-americans-hold-grim-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?_r=0

IF BLACKS WANT "CIVIL" RIGHTS THEN THEY BETTER BEHAVE IN A "CIVIL" MANNER!

Hello Crabby. I wanted to briefly comment here. It is the silent majority and many of them who feel very strong about racism, that need to be heard. Just as in a family, which like your race, you have no choice in, all sides need to be put out there and discussed. When any organization is clearly set up for any race, this is racial. When any group is afraid to criticize this, then the political environment has become so controlled no one can say how they feel about these issues, it is wrong.

We have seen, especially in California, incidents of reverse-discrimination and where people are hired, put in universities, or even elected because of race. Something needs to be done to restore equality and fairness so that each person wanting education, help, or a job is not subject to quota situations where people are given priority due to race, gender, or age. 

This has become a very fiery topic especially during the conventions and will be in the Democratic convention in the next few days. An effort is being made to court minorities. It is not to be supportive or fair. It is for votes. IMHO I think many positions are for political reasons, not any genuine emotional or ethical concern for groups.

Perhaps "civil manner" is pushing it in terms of an emotionally charged statement - but if we want freedom and equality, we must respect the rights of all people - all races - for all us to have it.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 6:06am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Crabby - the filters on AFT tagged your link. No human intervention was necessary considering the nature of the word involved. Please bear that in mind in future.

I haven't been online much lately, and just got to read your last few posts (those weren't deleted by the way, just hidden as of now by one of the mods/administrators while we decide what to do). We have a very good group of people acting as moderators here, and I'm not sure who hid them, but I would probably have done the same if I'd seen them first. They offered little in the way of a cogent argument either for or against the original posters comments. Anecdotal posts with a clearly racial bias - such as the one about a couple of "gals" that seemed to infer a stereotype - will not be tolerated. Bad language, racist comments and overly abusive posts will always be deleted. Take it personally if you wish, but everyone here operates under the same code of conduct. The reason you don't see other posts like yours being tolerated is because they've been taken down too. Discussions get heated sometimes, and I'm as guilty as anyone of that, but racial stereotyping based on one person's experience is nothing more than an uninformed opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Our membership mirrors society in it's make up, as does the moderator group. We're not all one race, one socioeconomic group, one nationality, or affiliated to any one political party. If we allow someone to use AFT as their own personal soapbox without limits, it is to the detriment of the site. That will not be tolerated, and whoever hid/deleted your posts has my full support.

It would be much appreciated if you'd please keep it civil if you want your posts to stay visible.

These are dangerous waters and I am aware of that. I have been here almost a decade and within the time I have never posted anything racist or even attacking any specific religion.  I do not need to use AFT as a sounding board and I have known "Albert" for that long as well and discussed content many times with him in personal e-mail.

We have reached a period in our politics when people are afraid of certain social groups. These groups have gotten violent and it is truly sad when members of law enforcement become targets for groups from incidents in other states. This is clearly wrong.

With more killings today in Florida, we can see we are approaching a period of what threatens to be more anarchy.  No one has the right, and especially in terms of race, to solicit assassins on the Internet to expedite an agenda of violence and murder.

This hit home for me, and it may be anecdotal, having a friend of my friend shot down in a Denny's restaurant. As much as some groups complain about targeting, this is clearly targeting of the worst sort based on being law enforcement.

It is the core of the Republican political convention which was held on strengthening law enforcement and the need to do so. This was not banned from any of the media. This is not a personal vendetta or soap box. This is a national reality of the most severe problem as we see the seeds of ararchy and chaos erupting in our inner cities.

Never have I encouraged or endorsed violence of any kind in my life or discrimination to any racial group or religion and I never will.

We are at a point in our history whether minority groups and parts of our country will be devisive or rather we can unify as Americans and put those differences behind us. This needs to be done. We need to be a nationalist country rather than splintered into so many factions who fight each other that it divides us and makes us vulnerable.

I was talking to my cousin the other night who told me a story about our grandmother who was a very earthy Christian married to my grandfather who was a devout Atheist. Three of the cousins were in a savage argument and it was getting very heated and on the verge of someone hurting someone, she picked up a stick from near the fireplace and handed it to one cousin and said
"Can you break this?"  He, still pretty angry ,took it and quickly snapped it in two.

Then she took 15 small sticks and put them together and said now break this. He couldn't do it.

"As a family," she said, "our unity is our strength. When we begin fighting and turn on each other - then we become weak."

comment: So as a country, elements have arisen over the last 50 years to create division by race, sexual preference, and divide us. As much as we honor where people came from, this is America and we are Americans. No matter what race, what religion, even what sex we prefer, when these things pit us against each other are used by politicians and those wanting power and money, it weakens us. This is true in any country. Whether it be U.K. , Europe,  Russia, Africa, Japan, Latin America. It is the enemies of a nation that create division so it may fall. It is the patriots, the lovers of a country - that want it to be united and will fight to the death -  so that it may have the right and ability to be so.

Medclinician

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 3:51am
Well, we have finally found a point of common agreement.  

There are many black people who (upon listening, which not everyone does automatically) find those lyrics offensive.  Like myself however, not everyone likes rap.  I do agree that there is a slight bias towards tolerance of such bile from minorities in modern society, but it is slight and (I believe) stems from an overcorrection of previous grosser imbalances the other way.  It is wrong, but we brought it on ourselves and richly deserved it.  I hope that, if society continues in its efforts to bring more equality, it will eventually die out.

My point still remains the same:  Racisim exists on both sides.  I could easily find white rantings just as nasty.  I do not plan to post EITHER as the offence is just as foul either way.  You are right: it is the behavior of a few.                                                                                                         
                        So, the bottom line remains: do not join them, fight them.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic