Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Children of Anarchy-Racism and Hate in America
    Posted: July 08 2016 at 11:40am
For many years we have been hearing about the injustices and burden of the minorities. This in no way justified what was a clear racial and violent act in the killing of five white Dallas police officers.

Much too often, the problem with reverse discrimation, a media and movie fascination with gangs, drugs, and criminal violence has led us to where we are today in America.

There are bad cops. But to murder five policeman in another state from where still investigated violence against persons with a clear racial slant, was wrong. Facebook has some calls for people to murder dozens of white policer officers.

A few years ago, I had a best friend named Tom Tallmon who had a close friend who was a police officer and used to eat with him at Denny's on Sundays. He had known him since childhood. One day as he sat across from him in a booth, a man ran in from the street and and emptied a full clip of bullets from his handgun into the officer across from my friend killing him instantly.

My friend, who is a hard-core combat decorated Vietnam veteran, was shaken to core by the this. The officer was a good man, respected for decades and served his community with dignity and treated people fairly. He had a family and children and because one crazy person who hated policeman, especially white ones felt like it - felt like he was God almighty, was gunned down in cold blood.

This is wrong. We live near an area in California that has one of the highest murder rates in the nation. You are lucky if you are in certain parts not to have your children killed by bullets coming through the walls as the pimps, gangs, and drug dealers fight over their territory with automatic weapons.

We have reached a point in popular music where songs exemplify the abuse of women, violence to the innocent, and where it is cool to take an person who has done nothing wrong to anyone and kill them or hurt them badly just to score points in the 'Hood'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hood

We are on the verge of anarchy. If we take away guns from the law-abiding people - and make it against the law to have them - then only outlaws will have guns.

One thing you will probably never see - with all the spin and outcry about discrimation, is calling any act racism against a white person.

Someone in the ghetto killing the innocent and targeting law enforcement for acts in other states and which they don't even really know except for the media hype - are more than criminals

They are Domestic Terrorists - and by any law or understanding even more dangerous to us than Muslim radicals or zealots.

In my life I have known many officers, worked with some and known their families. Two of my brother-in-laws were on the street and it is a very hard life and a job that not that many want or can deal with.

Anarchy is not cool. Rioting, looting, and violence will never be okay. Racism can be against any race including white people and often is.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2016 at 9:32pm
I just turned 61 in July....when I was 11, I can remember standing in the front yard of my parents' house, dumbfounded at the glowing red sky over the west side of Chicago (15 miles to my east).  This video really captures the time.  

My dad came home from work, exclaimed "They are pulling people out of their cars and killing them!"  

Not sure if that ever happened, but we white folk in the Wonderbread suburbs were sure on edge.  As a young lad, you can imagine how I felt.  

This is what Chicago went through.  The damn police have itchy trigger-fingers, since perps have increasingly been trying to grab their duty weapons, and their instinct is to shoot first, ask questions later.

However, I can see no excuse whatsoever for the recent killings in Minnesota, Louisiana etc. 

We all need to cool this off, I can understand the anger of the Black Lives Matter folks.  

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"> < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"> < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
CRS, DrPH
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2016 at 10:26am
[QUOTE=CRS, DrPH]I just turned 61 in July....when I was 11, I can remember standing in the front yard of my parents' house, dumbfounded at the glowing red sky over the west side of Chicago (15 miles to my east).  This video really captures the time.  

My dad came home from work, exclaimed "They are pulling people out of their cars and killing them!"  

Not sure if that ever happened, but we white folk in the Wonderbread suburbs were sure on edge.  As a young lad, you can imagine how I felt.  

This is what Chicago went through.  The damn police have itchy trigger-fingers, since perps have increasingly been trying to grab their duty weapons, and their instinct is to shoot first, ask questions later.

However, I can see no excuse whatsoever for the recent killings in Minnesota, Louisiana etc. 

We all need to cool this off, I can understand the anger of the Black Lives Matter folks.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyNvEsQxns

end of quote

Am reposting this so your video will embed here.

comment: The most simple part of this - and I can tell I am not backed by Zuckerberg on Facebook - is it is wrong to kill people in another city and state in reaction to something which did not happen there. In the inner city - and with relatives who have patrolled it and survived it - it is a war zone. Murdering police officers - no matter who did what where - is not an acceptable form of protest - especially if they are targeted by race. Two wrongs does not make a right.

Personally,  I am burnt on President Obama after an 8 year circus and glad he will be leaving. No way do I want to see some lame excuse and martial law mess up our conventions and elections. First there was the "let's create a Pandemic or Ebola emergency" - party for generating for more Executive Orders i.e. ignore congress and the whole legislative system - declare martial law and put the elections on hold.

You realize a pauper made a Prince can be 10x more oppressive and racial than those in power to start with.

Medclinician

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2016 at 10:33pm
^Thanks for reposting the YouTube clip!  I've been having a problem doing that recently. 

I'm pretty biased since I have strong ties to local and federal law enforcement, but I agree....killing police will only invite grief upon the entire black community.  

Remember the 1960s and the "off the pig!" chants?  Looks like we are headed back in that direction.  

I cannot excuse the actions of a handful of trigger-happy cops who killed innocent (or essentially innocent) African-Americans.  The video of the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago was sickening....that officer unloaded a full clip of 9mm from a service Glock sidearm, and was reloading to fire more rounds when his partner stopped him.  I saw no threat to law enforcement in any film of that event, the kid was obviously high as a kite.  

Police on are edge...it is not being widely reported, but there is an increased incidence of young black males attempting to wrest the duty firearms away from officers.  This happened in Ferguson MO, when perp Michael Brown attempted to wrest the Sig Sauer 9mm duty arm out of the hand of Officer Wilson. I cannot think of a single jurisdiction in these United States that would have a different outcome.   The number one cause of death to an officer is being shot with his or her own firearm.

Hang on, let's see what happens.   We have a lot of high-powered military spec firearms in circulation, so the lethality factor keeps increasing for all sides.  A gun ban is no solution, but we need to work on this.  

Be safe, Chuck

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"> < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"> < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"> < ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 6:51am
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

^Thanks for reposting the YouTube clip!  I've been having a problem doing that recently. 

I'm pretty biased since I have strong ties to local and federal law enforcement, but I agree....killing police will only invite grief upon the entire black community.  

Remember the 1960s and the "off the pig!" chants?  Looks like we are headed back in that direction.  

I cannot excuse the actions of a handful of trigger-happy cops who killed innocent (or essentially innocent) African-Americans.  The video of the Laquan McDonald shooting in Chicago was sickening....that officer unloaded a full clip of 9mm from a service Glock sidearm, and was reloading to fire more rounds when his partner stopped him.  I saw no threat to law enforcement in any film of that event, the kid was obviously high as a kite.  

Police on are edge...it is not being widely reported, but there is an increased incidence of young black males attempting to wrest the duty firearms away from officers.  This happened in Ferguson MO, when perp Michael Brown attempted to wrest the Sig Sauer 9mm duty arm out of the hand of Officer Wilson. I cannot think of a single jurisdiction in these United States that would have a different outcome.   The number one cause of death to an officer is being shot with his or her own firearm.

Hang on, let's see what happens.   We have a lot of high-powered military spec firearms in circulation, so the lethality factor keeps increasing for all sides.  A gun ban is no solution, but we need to work on this.  

Be safe, Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I am supportive of our law enforcement people across the U.S. It is a battle zone in the inner cities for the police and despite smart phone films of police, there are almost none on the media of criminals assaulting police officers.

They are dealing with assault weapons, body armor, and often times people skilled in using them. An officer answering a domestic violence has more chance of being shot than the those involved if things go bad and many times do.

I used to work in medicine in a jail and would watch in receiving as people came in. It took 6 officers to take down a guy on angel dust who was crazy as crazy and had the strength to probably to  turn over a car.

A lone officer making traffic stops is a real target. We were trying to develop tech to detect guns from a distance so officers would know people were armed.

I am zero racist. I grew up in a church that was integrated and had many friends who were black and in the service worked and lived with some real heroes - many of whom died for our country. There were some fine solidiers and even on the force, police who try and deal with the problems of gangs, drugs, pimps, and crime.

There are bad cops and incidents in federal prisons which have been a problem, but no one should gun down any human being in another city for something that happened in another state or get on Facebook and start telling people to do so.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 7:02pm
My black friend in Florida when I was in my 20's said we are all racist. She did not want her son's marrying a white woman so she said she was a racist. In those days we could not go shopping together which I thought was stupid, we were friends!   But, since she was older and wiser I listened to her.

In some way we all have our likes and dislikes of people no matter what race, color or creed.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2016 at 12:43pm
It really is fairly simple to me. When I was in West Virginia at my company and at a local diner there often were quite a few black people there. As Obama was elected they were talking and said something like "there is going to f*cking payback to the crackers now."

I am not racist. But when we did get a black president everything changed. I noticed ads, tv shows, movies - all with more people of color and it seemed you couldn't have a commercial in it without a token member of every race including a gay. Now most of the series on TV have gays in them and there is an endless dialogue of racism.

We are on the verge of a white president - very likely Republican who has a Christian VP and already we are getting static for the LBGT and gays. A democracy basically should represent the people and not be as focused on 1% or minorities as American citizens. This is America.

There is no way that somehow the elections are going to be put off and after 8 years of misery and bad decisions and overt lies there will be executive orders, martial law, or anarchy. It is not going to work.

Just as the U.S. supported current adminstration plotted coup in Turkey failed, it is time for citzens of our country to have more consideration and rights than people who are illegally in this country.

The powers that be are worried. What we are seeing is reverse discrimation and people hunting policeman. This is not to create equality - it is to create chaos.

People whatever sexual orientation should not be hunted or persecuted but the obsession of our politics should not be make sure gays can marry or transgenders have bathrooms. We have huge economical problems and health care issues. Our foreign policy is terrible.

Nothing is quite as sure as change.

Medclinician

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2016 at 6:16pm
Crabby - the filters on AFT tagged your link. No human intervention was necessary considering the nature of the word involved. Please bear that in mind in future.

I haven't been online much lately, and just got to read your last few posts (those weren't deleted by the way, just hidden as of now by one of the mods/administrators while we decide what to do). We have a very good group of people acting as moderators here, and I'm not sure who hid them, but I would probably have done the same if I'd seen them first. They offered little in the way of a cogent argument either for or against the original posters comments. Anecdotal posts with a clearly racial bias - such as the one about a couple of "gals" that seemed to infer a stereotype - will not be tolerated. Bad language, racist comments and overly abusive posts will always be deleted. Take it personally if you wish, but everyone here operates under the same code of conduct. The reason you don't see other posts like yours being tolerated is because they've been taken down too. Discussions get heated sometimes, and I'm as guilty as anyone of that, but racial stereotyping based on one person's experience is nothing more than an uninformed opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Our membership mirrors society in it's make up, as does the moderator group. We're not all one race, one socioeconomic group, one nationality, or affiliated to any one political party. If we allow someone to use AFT as their own personal soapbox without limits, it is to the detriment of the site. That will not be tolerated, and whoever hid/deleted your posts has my full support.

It would be much appreciated if you'd please keep it civil if you want your posts to stay visible.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2016 at 11:20pm
"A couple of gals" is how I often refer to women since I am one myself. I also refer to men as "guys". There is nothing offensive about "guys" and "gals". How on earth could you or anyone else take issue with this? The only inference to any stereotype was in your male mind, not mine. Additionally, I didn't use any bad language, but spoke the truth of how I felt regarding the black/white issue. I tried to explain that I wasn't raised racist, but had become racist as I aged and simply tried to explain the way I felt personally. How many white people are actually brave and able enough to actually admit this? Perhaps if anyone was truly offended then they should speak up so we can have an honest conversation for a change. If you or anyone take offense to my speaking up and trying to have a truthful conversation here, then your political police stance is what needs to be fixed. Furthermore, you deleted my last post which clearly pointed out the fact that this country better have an honest conversation about this because we cannot keep sweeping it under the rug as the mods here are so apt to do. There will be unintended consequences such as what we're already seeing with regards to the Black Panther's sponsored rioting and Donald Trumps speech tonight regarding "safety". The New Black Panther's party is the most racist group in this country. These two groups are deeply connected to each other and The New Black Panthers has its roots in the Muslim religion. Research THAT!

My posts have been civil.

Lastly, I said nothing derogatory about blacks in general, but spoke of my personal feelings, how I was raised, and where I'm at now. My post came from my heart and I was completely honest.

I'm posting this quote again because it there is some great truths in it.

"Political and thought leaders have so far failed to conduct that fabled “conversation about race” that is such a phantom presence in the national life. It is apparently too painful to actually undertake."

How can you not take issue then with Medclinicias's post which says;
"without a token member of every race including a gay"

How can you not take issue with FluMom's post;
"She did not want her son's marrying a white woman so she said she was a racist." (If she can talk about a black woman being racist then why can't I?)

Here's some facts for you from my life and from my friends' lives.
1) I grew up in Illinois and in the 70's our high school was let out early numerous times because the blacks in the neighboring town threatened to come over and start trouble. (It wasn't the other way around.)
2) The only person who grabbed me in the breast was a black boy at a football game.
3) The handful of black boys who went to my mostly white school taunted me when I came out of the bathroom one time and followed me down the empty hall after the bell rang. (I was running late to class.) I didn't say or do anything to cause this. They were trying to scare me.
4) I stayed out of high school for 2 years earning enough money to go to college. When I got there I was put on an all black floor and was going to be a master's thesis experiment. My black room mate was writing her master's thesis on how a white girl (me) would cope being on an all black floor.
5) My sister-in-law was beaten in her car by a black man in a parking garage in Baltimore years ago. The only thing that saved her was someone's horn honking and the fact that all the blows that she took to the head were cushioned by the passenger seat that she was pushed onto.
6) A co-worker came out of the grocery store at noon one day, locked her car door and a black man went up to her car beating on her window and tried the door handle to get in.
7) My husband stopped a rape in progress years ago out on long island. A black man was attempting to rape a white woman.
8) Just recently my best friend came out of WalMart in the middle of the afternoon and a black man ran up to her car, beat on the window repeatedly and tried to yank the car door open.
9) I had a black co-worker who I treated just like everyone else. I thought she was my friend. One day as I was bringing my cafeteria lunch back to my desk I told her they had fried chicken today. She replied, "What are you telling me that for." (displaying that chip on her shoulder)
10) We once took a Circle Line boat tour from Manhattan up the Hudson river to West Point. The black people who were sitting next to us threw their chicken bones on the deck of the boat when the trash can wasn't further than 3 feet away from them. I've never seen white people act so brazenly about their trash. I know that many whites litter too, but this was ridiculous.
11) My boss from Texas was speaking to me one day and this black woman overheard him say "mam" to me, which is typical of southern talk and she said that it was a no-no in her culture. I wanted to ask her what culture she was talking about. Mam is a shortened version of Madam. How on earth could she take issue with that?

During all my years of growing up I have never heard of 1 case of people having their cars beat on or people trying to forcibly enter their cars by a white person. Nor have I had a white person try to grab me in my breast. Nor have I had a group of white boys taunt me. In fact I've never had trouble with white people, but have had trouble with black people and have heard of trouble with black people in overwhelming proportion to what whites deal with from each other.

White's don't flash mob stores to get free stuff.
White's don't indiscriminately participate in the "knock-out" game.
White's don't riot and set fire to entire city streets.
White's don't mob just to beat up on a single white person. (Perhaps this was done in the past, but I haven't heard of this happening in years.)

As far as I can tell, white people have acted with great civility for decades with a few exceptions and only recently do we have trouble again just like we had in the 70's, but this time it's going to be worse. I truly don't believe that blacks are rioting simply because a cop kills a black man. I truly believe that the situation is far deeper than that. I believe that poverty plays a role. I also believe that blacks are raised to be more racist than whites. I don't know if anyone in my family or circle of friends who was raised to be racist. However, I know lots of white people who have become or are becoming racist because of the shenanigans that is going on right now. Go ahead and stick your head in the sand, but things are about to get a whole lot worse and I fear that this will trigger the unintended consequence of a race war. Do I want this? NO!

Do I dislike all black people? NO!
Am I disliking more of them every day? YES, and it has to do with flash mobs, knockout games, rioting, looting buildings, setting buildings and police cars on fire, and now killing innocent policemen.

Mark my words, there is a backlash coming with regards to all this bad behavior lately from black people.

My entire point in all of this is that I have become racist as I got older and its because of the behavior that is being exhibited by blacks against whites.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 4:31am
Well Crabby, I believe you if you say you do not dislike all black people and, frankly, I would not employ anyone who could not have arrived at 46.  But, having said that much,  I have to support JD here.  

Meaning no offence and giving no offence are not the same thing.  I have black friends, some of them on this site, and their feelings are my concern.  You feel upset because we point out your language is unwanted:  think how much worse it is to feel YOU are unwanted.

Of course there is a "race problem".  It was CAUSED by racism. It is driven BY racism, on all sides.  -And, it is self-feeding due to racsim.  Why not help reduce it, not fire it up?  Human beings are not very good at equality.  We are far too inclined to use stereotyping (which helped our ancestors survive - all snakes bad for instance) which is instinctive.  But we are civilised, intelligent people (I hope.) so we should be able to think past these instinctive generalisations.  That is what brains are for after all.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 9:39am
If you truly want to talk about equality, then take a look at the following black organizations. This is racism and should offend all white people. Blacks have purposefully and willfully segregated themselves in all aspects of what should be "American society". The following is only a partial list.

100 Black Men Of America, http://www.100blackmen.org/home.aspx

African American Male Initiative with chapters all across the country, http://www.aamicis.org/

African Community Centers for Unity & Self Deter, http://www.10-10-50.org/

The African American Planning Commission, http://aapci.org/site/

American Association of Blacks in Energy, http://www.aabe.org/

American Black Film Festival, http://www.abff.com/

Association of African American Museums, http://www.blackmuseums.org/

The Association of Black Psychologists, http://www.abpsi.org/

Black Data Processing Associates, http://www.bdpa.org/?page=About_BDPA

Black Career Women’s Network, https://bcwnetwork.com/

Black Geeks On Line, http://www.blackgeeks.net/

Black Lives Matter, http://blacklivesmatter.com/

Predominantly Black Universities such as Spelman College, Howard University, Hampton University, and more.

Black Women’s Blueprint, http://www.blackwomensblueprint.org/

Black Women’s Health Imperative, http://www.bwhi.org/

Black Women’s Playwright Group, http://blackwomenplaywrights.org/

Black Women’s Roundtable, http://ncbcp.org/programs/bwr/policy/

Blacks in Government, http://www.bignet.org/

The Circle Brotherhood Association, http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~sww/circle.html

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, http://www.cbcfinc.org/About/index.html

The Executive Leadership Council, https://www.elcinfo.com/index.php

Hollywood Black Film Festival, http://www.hbff.org/

The Information Technology Senior Management Forum, http://www.itsmfonline.org/

Miss Black USA Pageant, http://www.missblackusa.org/

Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, http://jointcenter.org/

The National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, http://www.nacme.org/about-us

National African American Gun Association, http://www.naaga.co/

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, http://www.naacp.org/

The National Association of Black Accountants, http://www.nabainc.org/

National Assn. of Black American’s in Human Resources, http://www.naaahr.org/

National Association of Black Journalists, http://www.nabj.org/

National Association of Black Law Enforcement Executives, http://www.noblenational.org/home.aspx

National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice, http://nabcj.org/

National Association of Black Storytellers, http://www.nabsinc.org/

National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs, http://www.nacwc.org/

National Black Chamber of Commerce, http://www.nationalbcc.org/

National Black Child Development Institute, http://www.nbcdi.org/

National Black Deaf Advocates, http://www.nbda.org/

National Black Justice Coalition, http://nbjc.org/

National Black MBA Association, http://www.nbmbaa.org/

National Black Nurses Association, http://www.nbna.org/

National Black Urban League, http://nul.iamempowered.com/

National Coalition of 100 Black Women, http://www.100blackwomen.org/

National Congress of Black Women, http://nationalcongressbw.org/

National Council of Negro Women, http://ncnw.org/

National Medical Association, http://www.nmanet.org/

National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Engineers,
http://www.nobcche.org/

National Sales Network, http://www.salesnetwork.org/

National Society of Black Engineers, http://www.nsbe.org/home.aspx

National Society of Black Physicists, http://nsbp.org/

New Black Panther Party, http://www.cbpm.org/nbpp.html

Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals, http://www.obap.org/

Organization of Black Designers, http://obd.org/

Rainbow Push Coalition, http://www.rainbowpush.org/

Sister Love, Inc, http://www.sisterlove.org/

Student National Medical Association, http://www.snma.org/

Toronto Black Film Festival, http://torontoblackfilm.com/

United Negro College Fund, http://www.uncf.org/

What I find offensive are the political correctness police such as yourself who are scared to talk about this and want to stuff this in the closet.

What I find the most offensive are indiscriminate blacks beating up on white people for no reason other than the fact that they're white.

I'm referring to the blacks who beat up on whites as they left the state fairs in both Illinois and Wisconsin.

I'm referring to my own cousin who was gunned down in Iowa City a few years ago.

I'm referring to the Knockout Game.

I'm referring to rioting, looting, and setting businesses on fire.

You should do some research about "black on white crime" sometime. This is nothing more than indiscriminate hate crimes perpetrated by blacks onto whites.

Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Why not help reduce it, not fire it up?

Now you offend me. Black people are the ones firing this up, not me.

I'm not out their killing innocent police officers.
I'm not indiscriminately beating up on anyone.
I'm not looting and trashing innocent people's businesses.
I'm not setting fire to anything.
I'm not participating in flash mobs.
I'm not participating in the knock out game.

All I'm doing is pointing out what has caused me to become more racist as I get older. I was never raised racist, but when I see that there are literally hundreds of "all black" organizations I have no doubt about who the true racists are.

My own cousin was gunned down by 3 black youths due to gang initiation. It doesn't get more racist than that!

I'm not in a gang.
I've never sold drugs.
I've never perpetrated a crime against any person white or black.

You've got this all wrong. The people who are inflaming racism in this country are the blacks. Unless they stop their horrific behavior then racism is going to get worse and I fear that there will be unintended consequences as a result.
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 10:58am
Perhaps I'm the only one on this entire forum with the guts enough to speak honestly about this and to openly admit how I've changed over the years. No amount of putting this subject in the closet is going to cure it. It will only make the situation worse!

"The poll, conducted from Friday, the day after the killing of five Dallas police officers, until Tuesday, found that six in 10 Americans say race relations were growing worse, up from 38 percent a year ago."

Read about it here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/most-americans-hold-grim-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?_r=0

IF BLACKS WANT "CIVIL" RIGHTS THEN THEY BETTER BEHAVE IN A "CIVIL" MANNER!
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 12:11pm
I do not disagree with any of your evidence.  I do disagree with your conclusions.  

Of course those organisations exist, of course some black people have chips on their shoulders.  But did you consider why?

Racism breeds racism.  Treat black people as inferior and some of them will become anti-white.  Of those a few will do something about it and a smaller few will do something nasty.  The white people on the recieving end of that nastiness will then undergo EXACTLY THE SAME PROCESS!

The same applies to red, yellow and if they existed green!

This leaves everyone with a choice: Go with the flow and make a nastier world, or try to break the chains of hate and make a nicer world.  There are colour, culture, religious, sexual and financial differences between the sides, but people are still people.  We all feel pain, bleed red and are children of God.  If my brother behaves badly, he is still my brother and I love him.  If I behave badly I pray he does the same.

I do not think a lack of courage produces the racial quiet on this site.  I think a lack of thought, love and conscience produces racial ranting elsewhere.  Despite what your family endured, for which I offer my sympathy, If you cannot see that, I feel desperately sad for you.  Unless you manage to forgive (and there has been a murder in my family too, so I do sympathise personally) you cannot heal.  Unless you, and everyone like you, with familiarity with such horrors, can find some forgiveness and understanding then there is no hope for our world.

The only drug dealer I ever met was white and female by the way.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2016 at 4:14am
I am sorry, Crabby.  I took down your last post.  It was too offensive to let it remain on display.

In an attempt at fairness, I will not reply to it. I must silence myself alongside you.
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2016 at 7:28pm
Actually, I would have thought that you were hypocritical if you hadn't taken those rap lyrics down. They are disgusting and I'm wondering why I don't hear anyone in the black community complain about them.

Could it be that the black community doesn't care about those lyrics? Is there one single black person on this forum who would actually complain about those lyrics that call for the killing of white people? I'm not so sure about that because the blacks are pretty darned silent about the whole issue, but when something affects them they get really vocal about it!

Here's another thing that I've noticed. Why is it unfair for white people to judge blacks based on the behavior of a few, but completely acceptable for blacks to judge all white people based on the behavior of a few?

Racism works BOTH ways and the older I've gotten the more I've noticed that black people are way more racist than whites.

Are you starting to get my point here?

I'm sick and tired of hearing black people blame all of their problems on white people, which, I guess, makes me a racist. Then so be it.

Those rap lyrics didn't really offend me. What offends me is that the black community doesn't see their own hypocrisy which is HUGE!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 3:51am
Well, we have finally found a point of common agreement.  

There are many black people who (upon listening, which not everyone does automatically) find those lyrics offensive.  Like myself however, not everyone likes rap.  I do agree that there is a slight bias towards tolerance of such bile from minorities in modern society, but it is slight and (I believe) stems from an overcorrection of previous grosser imbalances the other way.  It is wrong, but we brought it on ourselves and richly deserved it.  I hope that, if society continues in its efforts to bring more equality, it will eventually die out.

My point still remains the same:  Racisim exists on both sides.  I could easily find white rantings just as nasty.  I do not plan to post EITHER as the offence is just as foul either way.  You are right: it is the behavior of a few.                                                                                                         
                        So, the bottom line remains: do not join them, fight them.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 6:06am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Crabby - the filters on AFT tagged your link. No human intervention was necessary considering the nature of the word involved. Please bear that in mind in future.

I haven't been online much lately, and just got to read your last few posts (those weren't deleted by the way, just hidden as of now by one of the mods/administrators while we decide what to do). We have a very good group of people acting as moderators here, and I'm not sure who hid them, but I would probably have done the same if I'd seen them first. They offered little in the way of a cogent argument either for or against the original posters comments. Anecdotal posts with a clearly racial bias - such as the one about a couple of "gals" that seemed to infer a stereotype - will not be tolerated. Bad language, racist comments and overly abusive posts will always be deleted. Take it personally if you wish, but everyone here operates under the same code of conduct. The reason you don't see other posts like yours being tolerated is because they've been taken down too. Discussions get heated sometimes, and I'm as guilty as anyone of that, but racial stereotyping based on one person's experience is nothing more than an uninformed opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Our membership mirrors society in it's make up, as does the moderator group. We're not all one race, one socioeconomic group, one nationality, or affiliated to any one political party. If we allow someone to use AFT as their own personal soapbox without limits, it is to the detriment of the site. That will not be tolerated, and whoever hid/deleted your posts has my full support.

It would be much appreciated if you'd please keep it civil if you want your posts to stay visible.

These are dangerous waters and I am aware of that. I have been here almost a decade and within the time I have never posted anything racist or even attacking any specific religion.  I do not need to use AFT as a sounding board and I have known "Albert" for that long as well and discussed content many times with him in personal e-mail.

We have reached a period in our politics when people are afraid of certain social groups. These groups have gotten violent and it is truly sad when members of law enforcement become targets for groups from incidents in other states. This is clearly wrong.

With more killings today in Florida, we can see we are approaching a period of what threatens to be more anarchy.  No one has the right, and especially in terms of race, to solicit assassins on the Internet to expedite an agenda of violence and murder.

This hit home for me, and it may be anecdotal, having a friend of my friend shot down in a Denny's restaurant. As much as some groups complain about targeting, this is clearly targeting of the worst sort based on being law enforcement.

It is the core of the Republican political convention which was held on strengthening law enforcement and the need to do so. This was not banned from any of the media. This is not a personal vendetta or soap box. This is a national reality of the most severe problem as we see the seeds of ararchy and chaos erupting in our inner cities.

Never have I encouraged or endorsed violence of any kind in my life or discrimination to any racial group or religion and I never will.

We are at a point in our history whether minority groups and parts of our country will be devisive or rather we can unify as Americans and put those differences behind us. This needs to be done. We need to be a nationalist country rather than splintered into so many factions who fight each other that it divides us and makes us vulnerable.

I was talking to my cousin the other night who told me a story about our grandmother who was a very earthy Christian married to my grandfather who was a devout Atheist. Three of the cousins were in a savage argument and it was getting very heated and on the verge of someone hurting someone, she picked up a stick from near the fireplace and handed it to one cousin and said
"Can you break this?"  He, still pretty angry ,took it and quickly snapped it in two.

Then she took 15 small sticks and put them together and said now break this. He couldn't do it.

"As a family," she said, "our unity is our strength. When we begin fighting and turn on each other - then we become weak."

comment: So as a country, elements have arisen over the last 50 years to create division by race, sexual preference, and divide us. As much as we honor where people came from, this is America and we are Americans. No matter what race, what religion, even what sex we prefer, when these things pit us against each other are used by politicians and those wanting power and money, it weakens us. This is true in any country. Whether it be U.K. , Europe,  Russia, Africa, Japan, Latin America. It is the enemies of a nation that create division so it may fall. It is the patriots, the lovers of a country - that want it to be united and will fight to the death -  so that it may have the right and ability to be so.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Crabby Crabby wrote:

Perhaps I'm the only one on this entire forum with the guts enough to speak honestly about this and to openly admit how I've changed over the years. No amount of putting this subject in the closet is going to cure it. It will only make the situation worse!

"The poll, conducted from Friday, the day after the killing of five Dallas police officers, until Tuesday, found that six in 10 Americans say race relations were growing worse, up from 38 percent a year ago."

Read about it here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/us/most-americans-hold-grim-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?_r=0

IF BLACKS WANT "CIVIL" RIGHTS THEN THEY BETTER BEHAVE IN A "CIVIL" MANNER!

Hello Crabby. I wanted to briefly comment here. It is the silent majority and many of them who feel very strong about racism, that need to be heard. Just as in a family, which like your race, you have no choice in, all sides need to be put out there and discussed. When any organization is clearly set up for any race, this is racial. When any group is afraid to criticize this, then the political environment has become so controlled no one can say how they feel about these issues, it is wrong.

We have seen, especially in California, incidents of reverse-discrimination and where people are hired, put in universities, or even elected because of race. Something needs to be done to restore equality and fairness so that each person wanting education, help, or a job is not subject to quota situations where people are given priority due to race, gender, or age. 

This has become a very fiery topic especially during the conventions and will be in the Democratic convention in the next few days. An effort is being made to court minorities. It is not to be supportive or fair. It is for votes. IMHO I think many positions are for political reasons, not any genuine emotional or ethical concern for groups.

Perhaps "civil manner" is pushing it in terms of an emotionally charged statement - but if we want freedom and equality, we must respect the rights of all people - all races - for all us to have it.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2016 at 11:15am
"White people to the back - black and brown people to the front"

It has been a long time in coming and it will be a long time gone - Crosby, Stills and Nash.

This saddens me. Even more so when they took an American flag and burned it and tread on the ashes. There were no any color people in the back of any buses or else where when we fought in Vietnam or supported that conflict or any other war.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/27/black-dnc-protest-tells-crowd-white-people-to-back.html

Do acts of terrorism and violence of the minority of a race speak for the majority? We have come a long way since Martin Luther King and what was criminal discrimination and acts of violence. A lot of progress has been made and this hurts the black people as much as the slaughter of a priest hurts the Arabs who are not represented by these extreme groups.

The media is having a field day. They thrive on violence, hatred, and a microscopic view of a panoramic world.

The unidentified woman with the megaphone repeatedly told all Caucasian protesters to move.

“You will appropriately take your place in the back of this march because it will be truly led by the black and brown community and that’s it,” she roared.

The edict even applied to journalists covering the demonstration.

“Make room for black media,” she yelled. “White media get to the back. Black media come to the front.”

Anti-American protesters threw Old Glory on the ground. They stomped on the flag and then set it ablaze.

I can't even begin to imagine the anti-American hatred they harbor in their hearts. I can’t begin to comprehend their contempt for those who fought and died for the stars and stripes.

How incredibly sad it was to witness such hatred and racism on full display in the City of Brotherly Love.

comment: Apparently it is not only those in the highest places who do not go to jail for acts of overt treason and betrayal of their country. 

People died - thousands of them - to give us a free nation.

These radical groups need to be stopped. They are hurting their own kind far worse than many of the bigots and skinheads and white supremists.

How very, very sad.

Medclinician
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 2:29pm
That was quick? So tell me, what was offensive this time?
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 6:15pm
Be particularly nice to anyone you meet of a different race....being white, I always reach out to African-Americans in small ways, hoping to make a positive impression. 

I think of the injustices that the oldest black American residents have endured....it wasn't all that long ago that black Americans were lynched, hung, and severely brutalized.  I'm ashamed of that history. 

Be nice to folks, they'll often be nice back.   I waved to a black female traffic officer in downtown Chicago today, she gave me a big smile and a cheery wave back!!  If we all do this, it will help.  

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
CRS, DrPH
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 9:45pm
WOW! You guys are lightning fast. What was so offensive about my last post? I spoke the truth as I see it.

What happened to "freedom of speech"? It certainly doesn't exist here.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2016 at 3:08pm
It has been said be careful what you wish for. Well, perhaps another take on this would be careful what you predict.  I once upon a time wrote a "thesis" on Reverse Chaos Logic and one basic was when things which don't seem related are. My point. Is Obama by some incredible stretch of the imagination trying to stay in office?

I have been right about these things before. And in the dark and mysteries think tanks of a president who managed to stay in 8 years despite not fulfilling any campaign promises - what could keep him in?

Well, I am not in the Obama camp. But if I were, I would say - if the blacks begin killingl cops - everywhere. I am not prejudice. Never have been. It would start a revolution.

I am color blind.  Yet, I can tell you one thing. If there is near anarchy in the U.S. and chaos in the cities, he will declare a national emergency and put off the elections. Then we are at martial law and all the executive order laid down since Kennedy kick in.

Freedom becomes a memory.

So in the last heat of a campaign where neither horse is that desirable - is the stagnancy your in bettter than massive change?

How would this work?   You destroy what little law and order we have especially in the inner cities. And just before the election - what happens?

Was just going to post another outbreak of racial violence that was going on.

It is off of Fox replaced by Hillary's new lead in the polls.

Well, plan b is still in place.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2016 at 3:34pm
if there's any riots in this country any time soon
it's gonna  be because of people like this

On November 9th, Trump's Followers Will Probably Be More Dangerous Than Trump

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/10/november-9th-trumps-followers-will

just look at the hate,the rage and the IGNORANCE in these people

and there are MILLIONS of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ups4FeSuHvY

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2016 at 8:40am
I am going to move the basics of what may be a move to put off the American presidential elections by a war.

Simply stated here, I feel discrimination of any group is wrong. Yet, this goes far beyond the issue of that. It would appear some forces are moving to create a crisis that would allow the current administrtion to stay in power and make Congress unable to act in any way.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2016 at 11:06am
Independent News - Two police officers shot and killed in Iowa.

Medclinician

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/us/police-iowa-ambush-killed.html

Two police officers were shot and killed early Wednesday while sitting in their patrol cars in the Des Moines area, and the authorities later arrested a 46-year-old Iowa man in connection with the “ambush-style attacks.”

The man, identified as Scott Michael Greene, of Urbandale, Iowa, was taken into custody in Dallas County, just west of Des Moines, said Sgt. Paul Parizek, a spokesman for the Des Moines Police Department.

Mr. Greene was on foot when he was arrested by the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office and the Iowa State Patrol, and he offered no resistance, the authorities said. He will be taken back to Des Moines, they said.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 6:27pm
Social Justice Warriors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Bascially neither reality or facts figure into this. Often it is the belief that government should take care of people who do not work or contribute to society. One of the ideas was to put in a president who would not cut any of the programs paying money to people.

If the ratio of money from taxes and other income is far less than the progarms eventually some have to be cut.

What happens if the extreme left is unwilling to accept the result of an election? Notice the burning of a small American flag. 

Medclinician

Bad word has been starred in this - up to the moderators on this one.  Santa Cruz where people were protesting is only a few miles from me.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 6:42pm
Current situation - there are demonstrations across America - this is an independent film from Portland, Oregon.

Too long to put up here but follows the event and this is deeply disturbing. These are young people - college students.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRBYlUrs4A
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 7:12pm
well I certainly understand why people are rioting
the voice of the people was DENIED

Trump was right about one thing
"it is a RIGGED system"

Hillary was the PEOPLE'S choice
she won the popular vote
MORE people picked her over Trump
that's a  fact (unless the final numbers change later)

it is also a fact that the Donald is gonna be the one to pick out the new
carpet and drapes in the Oval OfficeCry

but for one reason and one reason only

THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED
the voice of the people was forcibly silenced by the law

RIOT ON !!!
Satori View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 9:14pm
The election is over. It's time for you to learn to live with it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 10:19pm
Satori, you are correct. Did Conservatives burn Flags or march in the streets in protest when Obama was elected president...NO!

Liberals only like election results only if Liberals Win!

Get over it we had too in 2008 and 2012!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 4:59am
with all due respect Flu MomAngry

there is NOTHING for me to get over

I merely stated a FACT

our system of government provides that the Electoral College determines the winner
and I RESPECT that

I'm sorry that the FACT that more people chose Hillary over Trump troubles you
but it is a FACT for now,unless the final #'s change later

seems we both have something to "get over"

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

The election is over. It's time for you to learn to live with it.

The electoral college is a classic way to rig the sytstem. In this case it backfired on Hillary Clinton who had targeted high electoral states in an intensely calculated bid for president.  A few hundred thousand votes is not a mandate of the people. It is a nation divided almost exactly at 50% with a fair portion of the liberals having evolved Black Lives Matter and any number of violent revolutionary groups.

In all fairness to our system and country, I would not want to be Donald Trump this morning. It is also ironic he had said "just let the guards back away and see what happens". Well, we can figure out what would happen at Trump Tower with thousands of Trump haters outside.

Now I was at Berkeley during the protests against the war. I wasn't in them but I saw people on the ground being kicked and bludgeoned and it was a nightmare. They are back - two generatons later - at Berkeley- and it is very similar.

The bottom line is the statement "you have to learn to accept the election is over". No, they don't.  It is a kind of shoulda - coulda situation and some may never accept it.

We live in a nation which is one of the most violent in the world with a murder rate in some places exceeding even the most savage places in the Third World.  Being the number one vendor of weapons on the planet and making more selling arms to everyone - even those who use them against us - our people are armed, and more so, now than ever.

We have reached a point where the rich, the powerful, and those with enormous technical skills can exert mind control over vast numbers through the media.  Like an old time mob or witch burning, as they burn Trump in effigy, we see the effect of this as a target for the hatred of centuries emerges.

They certainly cannot simply take a George Harrison approach and say "This too shall pass."  Nor can they think a Hillary who has put in years to stirring them up and losing will end with one speech what took her so long to create.  Nor that a call for unity from a president with a dismal record in office and soon to become a memory - will have any effect.

The children of anarchy- racism and hate in America - it is all over our country (those of us reading this and who live in the United States) and becoming much worse as more news reports flood our media.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 6:50am
that "Satori" is NOT the real Satori
I amBig smile

why are you trying to stir up a big bunch of trouble ?

before the election the nut jobs were saying Obama was gonna cancel the election
and declare martial law and lock up Trump supporters in the nearest Walmart/FEMA camp
and then that he was gonna shut down the electrical grid
and some said a solar flare was actually SCHEDULED to hit on election day to keep people from voting for Trump
good grief
the stupid is contagious and NEVER stops

99.9% of the country is quiet and peaceful
so some idiots are going crazy
they'll get over it

and some people NEVER accept the results of an election
how many people still dont accept Obama?
tons of them
big deal

the revolution has been cancelled
now everybody go home
Dancing With The Stars is on
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:21am
Repost

Never have I encouraged or endorsed violence of any kind in my life or discrimination to any racial group or religion and I never will.

We are at a point in our history whether minority groups and parts of our country will be devisive or rather we can unify as Americans and put those differences behind us. This needs to be done. We need to be a nationalist country rather than splintered into so many factions who fight each other that it divides us and makes us vulnerable.

I was talking to my cousin the other night who told me a story about our grandmother who was a very earthy Christian married to my grandfather who was a devout Atheist. Three of the cousins were in a savage argument and it was getting very heated and on the verge of someone hurting someone, she picked up a stick from near the fireplace and handed it to one cousin and said
"Can you break this?"  He, still pretty angry, took it and quickly snapped it in two.

Then she took 15 small sticks and put them together and said now break this. He couldn't do it.

"As a family," she said, "our unity is our strength. When we begin fighting and turn on each other - then we become weak."

comment: So as a country, elements have arisen over the last 50 years to create division by race, sexual preference, and divide us. As much as we honor where people came from, this is America and we are Americans. No matter what race, what religion, even what sex we prefer, when these things pit us against each other are used by politicians and those wanting power and money, it weakens us. This is true in any country. Whether it be U.K. , Europe,  Russia, Africa, Japan, Latin America. It is the enemies of a nation that create division so it may fall. It is the patriots, the lovers of a country - that want it to be united and will fight to the death -  so that it may have the right and ability to be so.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:24am

Trump Goes To The White House At 11am To Begin Transition Process

• 11:00 am: Trump meets with Obama in the Oval Office
  • 12:30 pm: Trump and his vice president-elect, Mike Pence, will meet with House Speaker Paul Ryan for lunch.
  • 2:45 pm: Pence and Biden will hold a closed-press meeting at the White House, the vice president’s office said.

this is AMERICA

there will be a peaceful and dignified transfer of power to Mr Trump

Obama is no doubt not happy about the election results

but he respects them

and he will fulfill his duty in a dignified and respectful manner

and act in the best interests of the country by assisting President Trump in any way he can

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

Trump Goes To The White House At 11am To Begin Transition Process

• 11:00 am: Trump meets with Obama in the Oval Office
  • 12:30 pm: Trump and his vice president-elect, Mike Pence, will meet with House Speaker Paul Ryan for lunch.
  • 2:45 pm: Pence and Biden will hold a closed-press meeting at the White House, the vice president’s office said.

this is AMERICA there will be a peaceful and dignified transfer of power to Mr Trump Obama is no doubt not happy about the election results but he respects them and he will fulfill his duty in a dignified and respectful manner and act in the best interests of the country by assisting President Trump in any way he can

comment: Hoping for the best in this and that America can be unified and have a period of prosperity and growth - the best in decades.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 7:40am
amen
and well said

we deserve it
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 8:42am
The two cases of gold spray paint he brought with him have me worried.

(Sorry - couldn't resist... LOL)

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Satori, you are correct. Did Conservatives burn Flags or march in the streets in protest when Obama was elected president...NO!

Liberals only like election results only if Liberals Win!

Get over it we had too in 2008 and 2012!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm getting a kick out of watching the down in the mouth commentators on CNN.

Did anyone notice that Hillary wore funeral colors of black and purple when she gave her concession speech? Bill Clinton had on a purple tie and the Cain's wife also had on purple. That must have been planned. Even 1 CNN commentator wore purple the next day. Poor babies.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 5:30am
This is far more serious and denial isn't going to help. Whether these protests are organized to upset the peace and bring anarchy to the streets of our large cities is not relevant. 

One should realize that extremist thinking is not logical - it is emotional and lynch mobs are not led by people who one can reason with.

They are correct in the chant "The whole world is watching". It most certainly is. As we have provided the media almost absolute power to influence minds and elections, it matters.  Terrorists know this and are becoming more and more able to take their message to the media.

Perhaps the new "wise men" are oblivious to the power of actors and actresses, famous people, and icons to deeply stir America. It was music that fueled the protests of the 60s and drugs that brought about  the social revolution of free love and anti-religion that have brought us where we are today.

It is not a tempest in a teapot. It is a tempest. In a war, it isn't that important if the fighters are mercemnaries. Perhaps they may lack the patriotism and will fight underneath any flag, but they still take cities and people still die.

Our nation is split.  We have a 50/50 vote for two diametrically opposed candidates.

http://www.worldsocialism.org/spgb/socialist-standard/1980s/1989/no-1019-july-1989/1789-france%E2%80%99s-bourgeois-revolution
Those who cannot learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Santayana

Ironically, it was Trump who appealed to the working class which won the final phase of the election- the rust belt, the coal miners, the industries in the U.S. that have failed. General Motors is in serious trouble and cutting a huge number of jobs. It is extremely doubtful the current riots are working class - so it becomes a little different here as to who exactly is organizing these protests and why.

It is doubtful they are for the good of the American people, middle class, or workers. It is because a social agenda was established to promote racism and favortism for certain groups and this has now been denied, people are in the streets. It is not about equality. It is about programs which help people who are not citizens and are draining America of its jobs, heal resources, and overwhelming the education system and budgets. We cannot afford to educate and help everyone who makes it across the border. It is killing California. 

Celebrities gain exposure and make money by endorsing extremists. Urging people to leave our country and move to Canada is not patriotism. You cannot change or address the issues if you flee the country.

DrJohn Ray and I were talking at some length about this and these protests appear focused on causing so much chaos as to create a situation where possibly the president would step in and declare a national emergency.

These are not forgive and forget people. A call for unity after inciting the masses to diversify based on race, religion, and sexual preference cannot be undone in a day. No one is fooled by smiling faces and enemies who declared them unfit to rule America. They still think it as do their followers. Despite what the enamored leaders may think of themselves, the public is not all that impressed with them or congress.

Is there a problem?  Yes there is. And it's not going to go away in a day.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 8:54am
The problem I have with all this, is the people that are going out and doing all this demonstrating and tearing things up, setting fires, breaking windows, damaging police cars...they are the ones tearing up our country, giving us a bad name, dividing the people. They are doing what they accuse Trump of doing, only he is not the one doing it, they are. You did not see people out in the streets doing this when Obama was elected both times and believe me there were/are tons of Obama haters out there still. They did not do that, they sucked it up and said we can deal with this, we can make it ok.

That being said and again just my opinion, which is not worth much. I am neither a Trump or Obama supporter or Hillary for that matter. I voted for Gary Johnson this year, first time in my life I have ever voted 3rd party.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 6:11pm
They are now using my term "Anarchy in the Streets" or close to it. Portland was bad. It became a riot. People are getting hurt. This is not settling down. It is not on the main Fox page - but is in U.S. There were 4,000 people. That is no sit-in.

Medclinician

Crabby View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2016 at 9:19pm
It just goes to show how spoiled and immature many people have become in this country. If people don't have it "their" way, then they riot.

Unfortunately, many of these people are paid demonstrators from the "move on" organization sponsored by George Soros. The Clinton campaign also paid people to demonstrate at Donald Trump rallies. All of this behavior is simply bad and ridiculous.

The MoveOn.org now has a petition to ban the electoral college. Donald Trump is the 5th president to have won this way, but some of the mod's even on this forum are upset with the electoral college deciding the matter.

People need to grow up and accept "what is". It would be nice if our Muslim in Chief actually spoke up about this bad behavior for a change, but I believe he's secretly cheering them on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic