Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Flu Season begins in America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Flu Season begins in America
    Posted: December 26 2016 at 10:04pm
This could be the least reported flu season of the last 7 years. Like so fake news we also have suppressed news - and according to this chart levels in some ways are getting closer to what they were during the Pandemic. They have finally learned to simply not report the flu - but you can be sure it is out there and a lot of people have it. 

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 11:06am
I do long term care in Southern Cal.    I don't know if it is flu or not but we have a nasty virus going around.   Our residents will have mild respiratory symptoms for a day or so.... get a very bad headache.    Then suddenly the vulnerable ones will de-sat with almost no warning.   We have had a few deaths.   I  first noticed it at work about 3 weeks ago.... it seems like it is widespread now.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 9:06am
It is highly unlikely that after decades of fairly bad flu suddenly we have almost negligable activity in the United States. Many people I have talked to in cyberspace and on the phone have whole families with the flu or have been fighting off a bad case of it. It isn't there is no flu, it is that doctors are not required to report it and aren't. You can't count what is not reported. We need another system to monitor disease in the U.S.

Medclinician
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 8:42am
Med
I didn't realize that there's a stronger dose! Thanks for the info and the good wishes and luck to you and yours!
Buy more ammo!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 9:36pm
I got the Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine hoping I can avoid the flu this year...unlike last year!

I guess since I am over 65 I should get the high dose but always forget to ask for that.

Good luck to all of you this flu season may the flu miss you and your family!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 6:56am
The flu in the U.S. is sporadically spreading to most of the states. It is currently widespread in Guarm. There is an almost news vacuum on any of the diseases we have been tracking in AFT for years - why?

The mainstream news is now basically totally controlled and able to comprensively release a spin on anything as well as no information. We have seen a trend of "no reporting". You can't worry about what isn't counted. Doctors are not required to report adult flu and in most cases they are lumped into pneumonia like illnesses.

We head into what could be a very cold winter the least prepared for flu and with a government that is in the state of near chaos in the U.S.

Medclinician - CWN - GIM

The geographic spread of influenza in Guam was reported as widespread; one state reported local activity; the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and 41 states reported sporadic activity

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic