Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The U.S. Election is over - time to move on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 7:48am
FULLY EXPECT the jobs situation to GET WORSE

White House: Robots will kill jobs and make inequality worse

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-robots-will-kill-jobs-and-make-inequality-worse-201024955.html

"In the near term, 9% to 47% of jobs may be threatened over the next decade. According to the White House, “research consistently finds that the jobs that are threatened by automation are highly concentrated among lower-paid, lower-skilled, and less-educated workers.”

unfortunately Trump wants to bring back the 1980's
NOT GOONA HAPPEN
get with the program or GET LEFT BEHIND
the CHOICE is CLEAR
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

FULLY EXPECT the jobs situation to GET WORSE

White House: Robots will kill jobs and make inequality worse

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-robots-will-kill-jobs-and-make-inequality-worse-201024955.html

"In the near term, 9% to 47% of jobs may be threatened over the next decade. According to the White House, “research consistently finds that the jobs that are threatened by automation are highly concentrated among lower-paid, lower-skilled, and less-educated workers.”

unfortunately Trump wants to bring back the 1980's
NOT GOONA HAPPEN
get with the program or GET LEFT BEHIND
the CHOICE is CLEAR

Thanks, Satori!  You are correct, many or most of these jobs are gone for good. 

I work in industry, and automation is like a tsunami for employment.  

I visited a paper mill in Minnesota a while back, and was amazed to see almost no workers.   I saw a few teams of mechanics and a few technicians in lab coats, operating the PLC (process logic controller) computer systems from the floor. 

When I asked about it, I was told that the old plant was heavily unionized, and they were always a big pain to management.  Management shut down the old mill, tore it down, and built a new one using the most modern automation tools available. 

This has been happening in factories and assembly lines across the USA.  I don't have an answer for those who lost their jobs to the automation wave, except that they shouldn't trust anything Trump says about it.  
CRS, DrPH
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 9:34am

Med

I did see where he agreed to attend daily  security briefings 3x a week instead on only once
apparently he doenst understand the meaning of the word DAILY
apparently we are on our own the other 4 days
but then he said he is so smart he knows more than the generals
maybe he should be briefing them ?
face it
we have an idiot getting ready to despoil the White House

Perhaps the tide flows both ways in this case. Daily briefings are a way to keep track of the President every day and what he is thinking. Whether mainstream is aware of it or not, the three agencies, FBI, CIA, and NSA do not always get along as well as Homeland Security with them as well.

It has been said that the FBI is old school and dated at one time Homeland was trying to put more of all of it under their control.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_best_policy/2002/10/spooks_vs_suits.html

While geography represents an obvious difference between the FBI and the CIA—the Bureau takes the homeland, the Agency the rest—it is far from the most important. The FBI is a law enforcement organization that was designed to track down and arrest the crooks that local cops can't. The CIA is an intelligence agency that was designed to tell policy-makers what's really going on in the world. One measures its accomplishment by successful convictions, the other by successful predictions. Both use intelligence to do their jobs, but catching the kidnapper of the Lindbergh baby and determining whether Gen. Badenov still has influence with Khrushchev are two very different goals. And because the work is so different, the two agencies differ in how they collect, analyze, act upon, and share intelligence.

comment: Now there was talk that Hillary might get the FBI bigger contracts and possibly a piece of the International Pie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-director-james-comey-on-threat-of-isis-cybercrime/

It is hard to believe that Comey had some huge wave of regret that they did not pursue the criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton. Yet the search warrant was for a criminal investigation though that was denied by the Hillary Camp.

We have already had an idiot despoiling the White House - an individual who lied to the American people over and over and failed to fulfill campaign promises for 8 years.  In regards to our military (the weakest we have been since World War 2), foreign policy (brought up with the idea we should not interefere in the Middle East), and a person who basically ignored Congress, passed numerous Executive Orders and then said Trump shouldn't.

Obama basically relied on Americans to forget things in a few months on his worst blunders and the mainstream would generate polls saying how well he was doing. At one point he was down to 28% and I documented this.

A key point of Trump's rhetoric was sometimes almost any change is better than none and putting someone in who is businessman versus a lawyer changes the playing field. We have had enough lawyers and we don't need another one for 4 more years.

Let's see how he does. We do not need another administration of entitlements, people living off the government and open borders with immigrants getting more help and concern than our own citizens.

It is time for a level playing field, not looking at gender, sexual preference, or race. It is time to end all the special programs and give everyone equal opportunity.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

We have already had an idiot despoiling the White House - an individual who lied to the American people over and over and failed to fulfill campaign promises for 8 years.

Just wait a few short weeks and you'll see the genuine article in action. And get ready for the blame he'll heap on everyone else when things don't go right.

The Republicans vowed to block everything Obama tried to do from day one, whether it hurt the American people or not. Mitch McConnell and his cronies wasted two terms acting like spoiled children and openly boasting about it. Blanket obstructionism is an appalling way to govern, but it was used to full effect against the Obama administration.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 12:24pm
It is time for a level playing field, not looking at gender, sexual preference, or race. It is time to end all the special programs and give everyone equal opportunity."

Med,just what planet do you live on?
that remark says it all
MrMouse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 1:23pm
This is becoming surreal! If these two encountered some drugged out Hollywood Star on that flight, they'd probably fall over themselves trying to get an autograph!

Ivanka Trump 'aggressively confronted by JetBlue passenger while sitting with her kids | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4059082/Ivanka-Trump-aggressively-confronted-man-JetBlue-sitting-children-screams-father-ruining-country-asks-flight.html
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 5:51am
This is insane.

"U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said: "Let it be an arms race," when asked for clarification of his Thursday Twitter post calling for an expansion of U.S. nuclear weapon capabilities, MSNBC said on Friday.

"We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all," Trump said in an interview with MSNBC, the network reported one day after the tweet that alarmed non-proliferation experts".

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN14B1ZZ

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 6:12am
INSANE, I fear is just the start

does everyone here now see
why " I WON"T GET OVER IT"  ?

RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AMERICA ?
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

I suggest we change the title of this thread to

THE U.S. IS OVER-Time TO Make Out Your WillConfused

and I only mean that half jokingly
a mad man is at the wheel
a seat belt isn't gonna keep you alive after a plunge off a 200 foot cliff
MrMouse View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2016 at 10:25am
With all of these predictions of future world events, maybe this link might be of interest to those of you out there with an interest in ESP!

https://truthkings.com/government-physicist-says-state-can-read-minds-now/
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 7:05am
Basically no amount of protesting, petitions, or unhappiness is going to change the result of the U.S. presidential election. It is over.  Huge protests when the president is sworn to office is yet another nail on the coffin of a failed effort, when America needs to unify and start addressing the horror stories of 8 years of bad health care, poor economy, and broken promises.

Add to this a complete shameful abuse of journalism who waged war on a candidate and tried to influence the election. It wasn't the Russians and their hacking. It was the mainstream media trying to influence the election. Their polls were wrong. They did not focus on the important issues and now the The New York times, a major offender has apologized.

comment: this is what I posted on this thread more than a month ago and after a circus of attempts to change or prevent Trump from taking office, nothing has changed except the need for the American people to move on.

Obama's last gasp measures to somehow ensure him some form of legacy made no more sense than his 8 years of lying to the American people and failing in all major programs he tried to create - especially health care.  Despite a hope that somehow there will be anarchy in the streets and he can somehow hold on to the office and declare the elections invalid and an effort to completely disrupt the change of power, it isn't going to happen.

Expelling a lot of diplomats, creating a huge park for Native Americans (which by the way was a good idea in some ways), will have no effect on the gathering of cyber information by either side, both which have been doing it for decades.

The release of information showing how corrupt and criminal Hillary Clinton was by emails unlikely to have been hacked and even if they were taken from the wide open server, simply told the truth to the American people.

Personally, I did not want to see a situation with a no-fly zone declared by Hillary, who said she would and a nuclear war.  Right now, they are about to have peace in Syria for the first time in many years.

The stock markets are up - and perhaps finally there will be some control over immigration and a host of programs targeting minorities, gender and gender preferences, and other special interest groups. It is time where all are treated equality and our work and education measured by a standard which is equal to all - not lowering the bar so some could pass.

It is very likely America will do extremely well. Despte dire predictions of the liberals who are finally out of power after losing thousands of seats and positions by the democratic vote of the American people, it is time to give the "other side" one more conservative and the reason we have a Democracy - two parties.

CNN, Fox, and New York Times are scrambling to print some liberal declaration of horror everyday despite the fact Trump will take office. Depsite more sweeping statements of Russian hacking, there was no evidence printed or posted in any of the news stories giving proof.  Both Fox and CNN blustered and fumed once more without a shred of real evidence to support their accusations.

The best so far was that some organizations "in the style of Russian hackers" and without direct orders from the Kremlin had been gathering information. This is not news. They have been gathering information for decades.

Each day as I look at the news I think - what next? Are we going to have a day to day countdown with Trump slamming until he takes office?

The democrats failed. And as much as he wishes and declcares he could have won, Obama cannot run again in a repeat election and beat Trump. This is so unreal to watch this refusal to accept the reality they have lost.

It is time to move on. I find it interesting that Trump went to a church service on Christmas Eve and it seems no one was interested in that. That our next president is a Christian - and perhaps might stop persecuting the religion and those who follow it instead of trying  to advance Satanists, atheists, transgneders and gays (who still have a right to worship as they choose) more than hard working salt of the earth people who support the vast array of programs of those who don't or cannot. What you do in the privacy of your own home or in a church or mosque is your right as an American.

Russia has enough nuclear bombs to end life on the planet as does America. God help us the day they actually (after 20 years of scare tactics and straw men tactics to create fear so we can be the largest arms dealer on the planet) might ease up. It is possible we can reduce those weapons and were doing so before. It is possible we can do something to change the image of the cowboy riding a nuke (Jimmy Carter) and blowing up Moscow. 

The same type of fear mentality exists in Russia about the U.S. that has existed here about Russia. The intelligence community feeds on the fear of 9-11 to spy on and completely take away our privacy on our home computers and in our lives. 

I would like to get up and read that news about going to Mars in 2020, how many new jobs we have in America - how the economy is booming and we who are starting small businesses will get a break to do so.

It is a shame the mainstream media has turned into National Enquirer and Reality television. I want to see more car ads - American car ads of cars made in America. I would like to see West Virginia's coal industry and other state's jobs brought back to life as well as all of the industrial states have a job boom and new hope for 2017.

Perhaps that rust belt can become a steel belt and people who work and sweat to make a wage can be proud and be shown the respect they deserve- and America can truly be great again. Why not?

It's time to move on.

Medclinician

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 12:24pm
I don't think anyone is seriously debating the legitimacy of the election anymore, Med. It's Trump's cabinet picks, proposed legislation, and Twitter attacks that are the focus of most people's attention. By and large, most people have moved on.

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 2:08pm
I was kind of hoping we could get rid of Mary Fallin as our governor, but then again I wouldn't want to wish her on the rest of the country either....
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2016 at 9:53am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

I don't think anyone is seriously debating the legitimacy of the election snymore, Med. It's Trump's cabinet picks, proposed legislation, and Twitter attacks that are the focus of most people's attention. By and large, most people have moved on.

You're right. And I saw Rolling Stone Magazine and Fox actually criticizing  cries of foul by the Democratics wanting blood from Russia for their hacking. Perhaps they should reread the definition for hacking and at the same time put out some proof.

John Podesta gave his password out on a phishing scheme.
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-campaign-john-podesta-got-hacked-by-phishing-2016-10
 This would be like saying Russia is responsible for the loss of almost a billion passwords on Yahoo.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yahoo-lost-your-password_us_5852cd15e4b054eeaea218ea

U.S. intelligence has been all over (especially the Obama Clan) trying to influence the election in Israel.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/senate-targets-obama-meddling-in-israel-election/
No doubt about that one and I guess it is a huge double standard. This reminds me of a solidier in hand to hand combat crying out "you hit me - not fair".

We are at cyberwar with the Russians - both sides. If you don't think we have some of our best trying to get into their stuff - I mean - you know we do.  And are they saying - well you musn't hack - you must play fair and not steal anything?

We hire hackers from wherever they can get them. They recruit even terrorists to hack - who better to know how to get in?  Personally I think even Russia is spooked by Chechen hackers who are some of the best on the planet.

You don't sit down at a meeting with people from the Middle East, Russia, (would North Korea even show up?), and expect people to be nice.  They are courteous - smile - but beneath it - it is dead serious.

The hope for the new administraton is the fact these are people in the business jungle that are used to the worst betrayals and cons and are veterans at this.

Now we can move on to truly more significant discussions as to who in the cabinet (big power thing going on there) for money for everything from health care to military.  Obviously few studied their history as to why we have an electoral system. There was a big reason. So that populous states could not control every federal office. The South knew better - and a lot of the founders of the Republic were connected to the South.

Things are moving on. Obama can only whine so long to Fox and CNN before he is an ex-president and gets big money to complain - but it no longer matters.

Now - front and center. Is Trump going to do what he said and promised?
Well, for one, he didn't get herded in by Intel and TPTB (the powers that be) and told now - Donald - this is the way it really is and this is how we have been doing it and this is how you are going to do it.

He doesn't beat on podiums with his shoe (Krushchev - "we will bury you") https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev

Also in the art of debate and especially putting peope off center sometimes people "just say things to see what people will do". My father was the master of this.   He would state that I did something when he didn't know and I would go off and admit it and then find out I had been had.

Trump is not ignorant. There is an art - a gamesmanship of politics and dealing that Obama never learned.

I am excited about 2017. I am. At least there are chances for huge things to happen.  Maybe I am different in this - but a lot of my friends feel the same way about 2016 as they feel about the election. Thank God - it's over.

Medclinician

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2016 at 11:28am
This is where our perception of Trump differs, Med. You presumably see a self made man, beholden to nobody, who is playing a sophisticated game based on his intuition and smarts in much the same way he ran his business empire.

I see a man born into an insulated world afforded him by great wealth, who models himself on a father who made no secret of caring little for those in his employ. He has scant knowledge of the world in general, and eschews security briefings because his attention span and reading comprehension likely make it all but impossible for him to understand what's being presented. He is narcissistic, petty and vengeful, and the same business acumen that drove his empire into bankruptcy half a dozen times will hurt the US economy and the world. Despite his claims, he has little empathy for those less fortunate than himself, and his cabinet is filled with the same rich, white establishment figures he claimed to hold in contempt when he promised (one of many he has already broken before officially taking office) to "drain the swamp".

The power that came with money was always the end game, and politics has elevated him far higher than wealth alone ever could. He will soon command our economy, civil liberties, potentially our judicial system, and more disturbingly, our military and nuclear arsenal. He already presumes to be Commander in Chief, and some of his tweets (the only access he deigns to allow us) are borderline treason with regard to sanctions against Russia.

His narcissism has lead him to believe that in a few short months he has established an unparalleled rapport with the Russian leadership with his fawning comments, but Putin is playing him and Trump doesn't have the sense to realize it's not a relationship built on mutual respect.

This is the level of maturity we will see in the Oval Office soon. 2017 doesn't excite me, it worries me deeply.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2016 at 1:28pm
Trump has SERIOUS psychological issues
that is becoming more and more apparent

God help this country

great evaluation of Trump Jacksdad
he's everything you said
and WORSE
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2016 at 1:29pm
you hit the nail flat bang dead centre jackdad ,

well thats how i percive Master Trump...

TIME WILL TELLWink

Happy New Year allTongue

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2017 at 1:47pm
What Early Nazi History Can Teach Us About Treating Trump Supporters

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/1/1614781/-What-Early-Nazi-History-Can-Teach-Us-About-Treating-Trump-Supporters

"

“So, in the last year, Trump has flirted with ... totalitarianism, yet the advice from many is to “give him a chance” ...”

So how do we respond to the calls for tolerance of the intolerable? The calls for empathy to the unsympathetic? The calls to just give him a chance?

Not as per our media elite have done, says Shawn Hamilton, quoting Jewish political theorist Hannah Arendt:

...Many intellectuals of [the] time [of the rise of the Nazis] were ‘trapped by their own ideas.’...

The new paradigm of authoritarianism was so disorienting that they simply could not see it for what it was, let alone confront it..."
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 11:41am
The election is over - time to move on - the emails were not from Russian hackers.

I have posted this several times and these were from a source - and we are fairly confident - i.e. the people who put out the truth on this weeks ago - there were from a man who was soured on what the DNC did to Ted Cruz and the man originally carrying the usb stick was killed.  These were reaped - not hacked by their own people and given to Wiki Leaks. The pure fiction that has been broadcast on all the major networks is wishful thinking.

Still - Obama is going to give a final farewell speech and I doubt there will be any well wishes for Trump in it.

The Democrats dropped the ball on this and the major networks published total fabrications in some cases. If there were "smoking gun" evidence that pointed to Russia and individuals - they would have put it out there. The fact that they backed down on a criminal investigation which clearly showed a breach of national security and other evidence would have only happened with Hillary. Anyone else would have done to jail.

It wasn't Russian hackers - it was p****d off Democrats in Ted Cruz's camp for what was done to him by his own party.

Ford has chosen to try and make it here with a new plant and there are some great things ahead for the economy, the businesses, and jobs.

As for my opinion of Donald Trump - it is what a man does - not he has said or didn't say that counts. So far he is tryijng to keep promises that most presidents conveniently forget - and that is what counts. He is a wild card of sorts, and sometimes when your backs against the wall - that is what wins the game.

Medclinician
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 12:44pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/06/it-is-over-congress-certifies-trump-s-win-over-last-ditch-dem-objections.html

A joint session of Congress on Friday formally certified President-elect Donald Trump’s Electoral College victory, over the last-minute objections of several Democratic lawmakers who tried to contest the outcome – and were instructed by Vice President Biden, “It is over.”

The certification clears away any final hurdles for Trump’s road to the inauguration in two weeks.

Trump was certified as winning the White House race with 304 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton’s 227. Mike Pence was certified as the next vice president.

But as with other formalities in this election that normally would proceed without much ado, Friday’s certification was marked by moments of drama.

Several Democratic lawmakers tried to sideline the proceedings, objecting to the validity of the vote on the basis of what they called “voter suppression,” Russian interference in the election, and other factors.

Each time, Biden, who was presiding, rapped the gavel and cut them off because they did not have the necessary support for their objection from a U.S. senator.

“It is over,” Biden instructed Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., one of several who tried to lodge an objection. The chamber broke out in applause.

comment: It is time to move and begin to rebuild and increase the strength and prosperity of America and create a growing respect and confidence in the United States by all countries around the world.  Some may not like us - but at least they will come to respect us.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 1:10pm

Trump Tweets That U.S. Will Pay for Border Wall — But ‘Will Be Paid Back by Mexico Later’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-u-pay-border-165059612.html

Med

your share of the wall comes to $3,653.89

please send payment today

shortly you will be receiving a check in this amount directly from the Mexican government

be on the look out for it  LOL

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2017 at 7:12pm
Hey I'm willing to pay! We have paid for all the illegals health care, housing, holding their criminals so what is wrong with spending for the wall. Then we won't have the illegal's bills to pay!

Oh, let's not mention all the drug addict kids from all the heroin and other drugs coming over the border. All of these addicted kids and adults cost the taxpayer money also.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 10:12am

Trump has SERIOUS psychological issues
that is becoming more and more apparent

God help this country

great evaluation of Trump Jacksdad
he's everything you said
and WORSE

I agree with Satori, JD did a great analysis.  You should submit that essay to a newspaper, it would probably be printed.

CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 10:13am

Trump Tweets That U.S. Will Pay for Border Wall — But ‘Will Be Paid Back by Mexico Later’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets-u-pay-border-165059612.html

Med

your share of the wall comes to $3,653.89

please send payment today

shortly you will be receiving a check in this amount directly from the Mexican government

be on the look out for it  LOL

Clap  Ha ha ha, great post!  

There is a Twitter war going on between Trump and former Mexican President Vicente Fox (himself a former executive at PepsiCo), check it out here:

CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 1:51pm
MAGA2.jpg
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 8:18pm
just love the way the trump "TEAM"putting the blame for the Russian hacking onto the Democrats,

its unreal ,do they really think people STUPID,

totally trying to turn the attention away from Trump

its laughable ..... 

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2017 at 4:57pm
wow
how much more "drain the swamp " can we take?

once a swamp gets a couple of thousand feet deep
it becomes an ocean doesn't it ?LOL

As Exxon CEO, Rex Tillerson evaded sanctions to do business with Iran, Syria, and Sudan
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/9/1618684/-As-Exxon-CEO-Rex-Tillerson-evaded-sanctions-to-do-business-with-Iran-Syria-and-Sudan

good choice Trump
good choiceDead

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 4:18am
Trump says nothing to the Russians,

attacks an actress

What a Great leader YOU have elected,he has a skin as thick as an eggshell!!!!

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 6:09pm
This should worry all of us at AFT:

Trump names vaccine skeptic Kennedy to head vaccine safety panel

President-elect Donald Trump has named Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., an outspoken critic of vaccines, chair of a panel on vaccine safety and scientific integrity, according to the Washington Post today. Trump met with Kennedy at Trump Towers in New York today.

Kennedy was quoted after leaving the meeting. "President-elect Trump has some doubts about the current vaccine policies, and he has questions about it," Kennedy said. "His opinion doesn't matter, but the science does matter, and we ought to be reading the science, and we ought to be debating the science."

Kennedy, the son of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy and a radio talk-show host, has said that mercury in vaccines can cause autism, a link that’s been widely disproved. He also has supported, against public health recommendations, nonmedical exemptions from standard vaccines in school-age children.

This is not the first time Trump has met with anti-vaccine activists. This summer on the campaign train Trump met with Andrew Wakefield, the man who erroneously linked autism to the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine in 1998 and has been roundly discredited.

Infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm, PhD, MPH, said, "Mr. Kennedy's appointment is potentially a dangerous decision if it sends a message to parents that vaccines are not safe and not necessary. If that happens, kids will get sick and even die because of the misinformation that will come from this commission."

CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 6:53pm
Darwin's work is NEVER doneLOL
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 8:51pm
remember how Trump said he was going to surround himself "with the BEST people" ?

Publisher Pulls Book By Trump's National Security Nominee Due To Plagiarism

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/10/1619112/-Publisher-Pulls-Book-By-Trump-s-National-Security-Nominee-Due-To-Plagiarism

apparently we need to redefine the word "best"LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 8:58pm
Gee you guys just don't see what people Obama put in...Van Jones. I am sure there were others but the media covered for him.

Guys get over it will be President Trump Jan. 20 and you will have to put up with Trump like we had to put up with Obama! Good news is we have the House and the Senate.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Gee you guys just don't see what people Obama put in...Van Jones. I am sure there were others but the media covered for him.

Guys get over it will be President Trump Jan. 20 and you will have to put up with Trump like we had to put up with Obama! Good news is we have the House and the Senate.

Sorry, FluMom, we've been ribbing Trump supporters pretty hard! 

Hillary Clinton was NOT who I wanted, believe me!!  I was a supporter of others during the GOP Primary and voted for Kasich because he was one of the last ones left not named "Trump."  

I had many concerns about Hillary - her foreign policy moves tended to be disastrous, I did not agree with her on the 2nd Amendment, and Bill likely would have been a huge distraction in the White House!  

However, I consider Russia a dangerous adversary unless they prove otherwise.  There are areas where we could possibly collaborate, and I might trust them more than China in some areas like space exploration, but overall, they've been hacking US businesses and consumers for years and do not have our best interests at heart, no matter what Trump thinks.  

Time will tell - history has shown us that some of the most accidental presidents in US history (Truman comes to mind) turned out to be some of the best.  I'd feel better if he grew a set & wasn't always so thin-skinned, it is a rough job.  
CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 8:32am
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Sorry, FluMom, we've been ribbing Trump supporters pretty hard! 

Hillary Clinton was NOT who I wanted, believe me!!  I was a supporter of others during the GOP Primary and voted for Kasich because he was one of the last ones left not named "Trump."  

I had many concerns about Hillary - her foreign policy moves tended to be disastrous, I did not agree with her on the 2nd Amendment, and Bill likely would have been a huge distraction in the White House!  

However, I consider Russia a dangerous adversary unless they prove otherwise.  There are areas where we could possibly collaborate, and I might trust them more than China in some areas like space exploration, but overall, they've been hacking US businesses and consumers for years and do not have our best interests at heart, no matter what Trump thinks.  

Time will tell - history has shown us that some of the most accidental presidents in US history (Truman comes to mind) turned out to be some of the best.  I'd feel better if he grew a set & wasn't always so thin-skinned, it is a rough job.  

Russia is dangerous and they may find that Trump in office will not be their friend but a tough negotiator and who wants to strengthen our military and put generals in places generals should be i.e. Secretary of Defense -

http://www.businessinsider.com/james-mattis-on-putin-russia-and-nato-2017-1

Retired Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis, President-elect Donald Trump's pick to lead the Defense Department, said during his Senate confirmation hearing on Thursday that the world order was "under the biggest attack since World War II."

"That's from Russia, from terrorist groups, and with what China is doing in the South China Sea," Mattis said when asked by Sen. John McCain of Arizona what he thought about the current world order.

McCain, a Russia hawk and the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, grilled Mattis about how the retired general thought the US should deal with Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin.

"Putin will never be our partner, including in fighting ISIL," McCain said. "He believes that strengthening Russia means weakening America. We must proceed realistically on this basis."

Mattis replied that while "history is not a straitjacket," he had "never found a better guide for the way ahead than studying the history."

Trump is far more interested in dealing with hackers and net security than was demonstrated by Hillary Clinton. Running her server as she did left our country open to 14 year olds with even minimum skills able to get to our most private top secret information easily. This was treason and a crime and she should have gone to jail for it.

Russia is not our friend - but rt.com is not our enemy on the net. This gives a window into the thinking and what is happening outside the vast U.S. media soap opera. They lie - i.e. Fox - CNN - New York Times - Washington Post - with blatant and unforgivable misreporting and are no longer credible.

Already other countries are worried about the U.S. and how things will be with Trump. Good. It is time we got more than comedy skits and laughter. Yet we don't need a president that on a bad day will declare a no-fly zone in Syria that will start World War III. We don't.

It is time to move on - and really to get it together to show strength and unity instead of protesting.

They will bring jobs back to America - shift the trade deficit so that people are buying more from America and keep those factories home and we will see "Made in America" instead of Made in China on a huge number of our products people buy.

Economy and military strength and resolveto be address issues (including a workable health care plan) as they have not been really dealt with effecitvely for 8 years. It is time they were.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 10:30am
The art of war: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Trump may not be wrong... just saying.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 1:00pm
Based on everything I've seen, I wish Gen. Mattis were US President.  Just saying...
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 1:53pm
MED ?

really ?
REALLY?

the RT Times ?

it is a well known fact that the RT is the propaganda arm of the Russian government

that doesn't mean EVERYTHING they say is false

but the term "fake news" may OFTEN apply

the Russian TImesLOLLOLLOL

good one !
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

Based on everything I've seen, I wish Gen. Mattis were US President.  Just saying...

I agree. General James Mattis is a remarkable man, and I hope that Trump pays close attention to his counsel, and asks for it often. Someone with Trump's extremely limited military experience needs a person like Mattis around to clue him in. Hopefully it doesn't end in a personality clash in which we all stand to lose a great deal.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2017 at 2:14pm
And now more than 6 months later even Democrats are waking up and beginning to smell the coffee. Hillary lost. I said it then and I say it now - it's time to move on.

Thursday, June 1 - 6:14 PM Drudge Report via Yahoo News - Andrew Bahl
Sen. Al Franken told Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric Thursday that Hillary Clinton should "move on" from her failed presidential bid.

It's over. You aren't going to start a revolution, get the president assassinated, or have a new election. It's done.

Despite Anarchy, terrorist or comedians waving Donald Trump's head in the air - it's over.

He is our president and he is trying hard to make a difference and he is.

Democrats - get your ducks in a row and leave the sinking Clinton ship or you have no shot in the coming elections. You need to win these voters back - focus on the workers and representing the people who voted for you.  We need a better economy, to deal with immigration, ISIS, and build our military - none of which was a priority. We need to worry more about starving  citizens than being a banquet place for the world to feast at the cost of jobs and industry. We need a New Deal - in fact quite a few of them as we have been truly messed up in our deals with many foreign nations for years - NAFTA - paying Iran money to finance terrorism, pushed into a climate agreement which hurts jobs and our future. A new deal. The Democrats had their chance and more of the same would have ruined us. It's over.

Time to move on.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic