Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My fear when Mr. Trump takes the Oath of Office...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

My fear when Mr. Trump takes the Oath of Office...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 12:53pm

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/4/1650138/-Trump-signs-away-your-internet-privacy
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 2:25pm
Trump Signs Bill Making It Easier For Employers To Hide Workplace Injuries

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-signs-bill-making-it-easier-for-employers-to-hide-worker-injuries_us_58e3efa6e4b0f4a923b2cad9?
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 4:42pm
1-4 the republic/John Public - please stop pretending to be two different posters agreeing with each other. It's not exactly the most mature way to conduct yourself online.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

1-4 the republic/John Public - please stop pretending to be two different posters agreeing with each other. It's not exactly the most mature way to conduct yourself online. 

I smell a Russian-inspired troll, they are everywhere, saturating any Internet site they can find.   His responses appear to be cut & paste.  
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2017 at 12:54am
Different IP addresses Chuck, but too close together in Washington State for it to be coincidence.
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2017 at 11:35am
Public health experts: Deadly global pandemic is inevitable but Trump administration is unprepared for it

by Ilene MacDonald | Apr 10, 2017 12:00pm

Many fear the world is at risk of an infectious disease outbreak that could be more deadly than a nuclear attack, and the United States is unprepared for it.

The U.S. is especially vulnerable to a global epidemic because the Trump administration has yet to fill key public health positions within the government, health and national security experts told The Washington Post.

Those vacant positions include a permanent director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Agency for International Development, as well as sub-Cabinet posts at the Department of Health and Human Services for health, global affairs or preparedness and response.

Even more worrisome: President Donald Trump has proposed severe cuts to the budgets of the government agencies that work to stop deadly outbreaks. Trump’s proposed budget cuts would slash $72 million from the budget for global health security at USAID, the Post reported, in addition to 18% from the National Institute of Health budget, including $1 billion for the Centers for the CDC to fund essential public health programs, such as the prevention of disease outbreaks.

“We need people in position to help steer the ship,” Steve Davis, chief executive of PATH, a Seattle-based international health technology nonprofit working with countries to improve their ability to detect disease, told The Post. “We are actually very concerned.”

Public health experts told CNN that the world is at greater risk of experiencing a large-scale pandemic because of growing populations and urbanization, climate change, global travel and doctor and nurse shortages in countries where outbreaks are most likely to occur.

It's not a matter of if there will be a global pandemic, experts say, it’s just a matter of when. And the public must be prepared to protect themselves. A new documentary, Unseen Enemy, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson, that premiered Friday night on CNN for World Health Day, illustrated the dangers of an infection that could wipe out an entire population.

Although experts worry about the rise of drug-resistant superbugs and newer viruses, they said the next big disease outbreak is more likely to be a highly lethal flu pandemic. To contain it, Sanjay Gupta, M.D., chief medical correspondent for CNN, wrote that hospital staff will have to recognize when a patient arrives with a novel virus and doesn’t fit the patterns taught in medical school.

But it will also requires a vaccine, which means research and development money and unprecedented partnerships between governments to ensure the new vaccine is distributed and administered.

http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/healthcare/public-health-experts-deadly-global-pandemic-inevitable-but-trump-administration
Buy more ammo!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2017 at 4:07am
"The struggle today is not one between communism and fascism; it is a struggle between tolerance and bigotry—bigotry preached equally by communism and fascism. Here in this country the worst Fascists are those who, disowning fascism, preach enslavement to capitalism under the cloak of liberty and the constitution. They steal not only wages but honor. It rests with the liberals and the tolerant to preserve our civilization. Everything of importance in this world has been accomplished by the free inquiring spirit and the preservation of that spirit is more important than any social system. That spirit must prevail. So long as it does it won't happen here."
                    ~Sinclair Lewis, manuscript, February 23, 1939
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 7:17pm
wow
word coming out now that Mexico which used to purchase millions of tons of corn from Iowa every year
is now going to import from Argentina because of Trump's trade policies

toooo bad
sooooo sad Iowa
elections have consequences

when is all that "winning" stuff gonna start ?
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 8:48pm
talk about FAKE NEWS

Fox News: "Trump makes good on pledge to hire American workers"

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/18/1654219/-Trump-s-Buy-Hire-American-Scam-Gets-Twittered-Into-Oblivion

Trump
the very definition of the word HYPOCRISY
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 2:21pm
tick tock
less than 2 weeks to go
still waiting for the Popular Vote LOSER to speak up

Retired Miners Lament Trump’s Silence on Imperiled Health Plan

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/retired-miners-lament-trump%e2%80%99s-silence-on-imperiled-health-plan/ar-BBA2DUF?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=ACERDHP15

I tried to tell you kids this

“I thought he was really going to help people,” Mr. Brnusak said, referring to Mr. Trump. “He’s helped the rich man, the coal operators. But nothing for us so far.”

come on TrumpenFuror

prove me wrong and take care of these people like you PROMISED

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 3:04pm
Putin ordered, Trump delivered—Russian think tank drew up plan for 2016 election

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/19/1654470/-Putin-ordered-Trump-delivered-Russian-think-tank-drew-up-plan-for-2016-election

Reuters has an exclusive report showing that Russia’s interference in the 2016 election wasn't a series of disconnected events. It was a plan.

A Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters.

Trump was right all along

the election was RIGGEDLOL

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 9:56pm
^Thanks, Satori!  I wonder if Putin has buyer's remorse now?  I bet he does.  

This is interesting - "dossier" may have quite a bit of truth in it! 

The FBI reportedly used the explosive, unverified dossier detailing President Donald Trump's alleged ties to Russia to bolster its case for a warrant that would allow it to surveil Carter Page, an early foreign-policy adviser to Trump's campaign.
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 8:33am

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/20/1654631/-Pruitt-EPA-prepares-to-shred-a-second-round-of-scientific-studies-to-please-chemical-companies

Trump
bought and paid for
LITERALLY

so glad things are different now in D.C. !!!
more swamp draining ?
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 9:42am

Saw this in the comments section and it seemed worthy of sharing.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 7:26pm
Trump budget chief: Spending bill must have money for wall

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-budget-chief-spending-bill-205819475.html

"." Trump also repeatedly promised that Mexico would pay for the wall. But its cost, expected to exceed $20 billion, would likely be borne by taxpayers."

SUCKERS !!!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 6:44am
LMAO !!!
and you thought Obamacare was bad ?
ya ain't seen nothin' yet

Trumpcare will kill  you
unless of course your independently wealthy
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/21/1654854/-The-unimaginable-premium-hikes-of-Trumpcare-2-0-for-people-with-pre-existing-conditions

you wanted change
ya got it

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 6:59am
Wow! Shocked

I'm so glad I'm British.  Were I an American, that would cost me and my family over $200k.  Here we pay nothing.  

I've paid a lot in tax - its true, but I'm happy with that.  Overall, I break even.  The difference is, with our way, I sleep well at night - secure in the knowledge that, however bad things get, the system will rescue me.  The small fortune I have paid to the system is recycled as security.  I watch my friends, family and colleagues benefit from the same stress relief.  EVEN BETTER!!!

Sorry USA!  Cuba looks better than you from over here.  Do you really value money over each other?
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 7:19am
I have many American friends whom I value very highly and generally think America is worthy of its position as world leader.  However, there are times when America seems to be overcome with the most heinous attack of hypocrisy ever witnessed by mankind.  

Most of you are Christians and persue that religion at a near-fanatical level.  Yet, I seem to recall the words "Thou shalt not kill." and "Judge not, lest ye be judged." were handed down by God the very father of Jesus.  'And Jesus said that you should forgive those that sin against you and love thy neighbor.  I think that was a little before Jesus threw a load of money lenders and hawkers out of his Father's house.  

However, none of this, obviously, applies to Arkansas, which takes a delight in state murder, especially, it appears, of black people (Can I remind you that the word Samaritan referred to a member of another race).  It also seems to me that those with lots of money in high positions don't give a damn about the sick and dying...................................... After all they are only "working class trash" and not God's children at all.  

COME ON AMERICA!  We look up to you as the police-force of, and example to the world.  Don't let this shame continue.

This is a plea, not just a criticism. 
I like Ike
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 3:51pm
well said ,WillobyBrat  Clap

i cant understand a country that cant/wont  look after its own,i am British by birth

and live here in Australia both has health systems for the PEOPLE......

is hypocrisy......bombing one despot while suplying arms to the Saudis who are bombing hospitals with USA munitions

i think we should either carpet bomb them all or just shut our borders and leave the PRIMATIVES to destroy each other ..........

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 8:31am
Thank you Carbon.

Your comments mirror my sentiments exactly.  But, as a Brit raised in NZ, I expect common sense from our big brothers.  'And I can't see why our government of the day ever stabbed OZ and NZ in the back by joining the EU. - Which, incidentally, the people did not vote for.  We only voted for the common market.

I voted out, 'coz I wanted you lot back!!!  -And the right for us Brits to visit or stay there (Hopefully, Have us back.  We did not mean it!!!)
I like Ike
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 4:00pm
funny how the "REMOANERS" convinently forget the fact that now you can eat New Zealand Lamb again .....

yes the "COMMON MARKET" not have your laws written by someone else...AKA a Brussels Knome.....

long live the will of the PEOPLE......

BET WE NEVER SEE ANOTHER REFERENDUM!!!!!!!, 

they dont like the PEOPLE having there say........LMAO

and if Scotland ever left the Union,where would the BRITS get their SAS warriors.....??

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 5:06pm
Hurrah!

Ain't that the truth.  Maybe one day I will get out of my exile.
I like Ike
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2017 at 2:05pm
the IMBECILE who the leader of the free world

Trump, on television, yet again displays ignorance and incoherence. And no, that's not normal.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/30/1657644/-Trump-on-television-yet-again-displays-ignorance-and-incoherence-And-no-that-s-not-normal

Trump's thoughts on healthcare

JOHN DICKERSON: Okay. So what I hear you saying is pre-existing is going to be in there for everybody, it's not going to be up to the states?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Pre-existing is going to be in there and we're also--

JOHN DICKERSON: And it's not up to the states?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --going to create pools.

JOHN DICKERSON: Okay.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: And pools are going to take care of the pre-existing.

JOHN DICKERSON: But on that crucial question, it's not going to be left up to the states? Everybody gets pre-existing, no matter where they live?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: No, but the states--

JOHN DICKERSON: Guaranteed?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --are also going to have a lot to do with it because we ultimately want to get it back down to the states.

JOHN DICKERSON: Okay. Is it a guarantee?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Look, because if you hurt your knee, honestly, I'd rather have the federal government focused on North Korea, focused on other things, than your knee, okay?

rambling and incoherent to say the least

time for a CT scan of the head?

someone has has a stroke ???

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2017 at 2:33pm
Make no mistake: I am no Trump supporter.

However, he has never been that coherent a speaker.*   I do not doubt his intelligence, although I do doubt his education.  Other presidents have used a professional speech writer, to great effect.  Obviously this is not the case here.  He set out to break many moulds in his pre-electoral promises, and despite everything I laud him for that, America has lots of entrenched problems, but apparently he broke the speech mould too.  What really scares me is that so few seem to notice.

*Despite much study I can't make my mind up whether he is deliberately dumbing down his speech, to appeal to his supporters (yep! That is what I mean.) or actually so ill educated you could write a list of his mastered adjectives on the back of a postcard - in large print.  -I never would have believed you could use "super", "great", "amazing" and "fake" so many times in one speech, FREQUENTLY ERRONEOUSLY.Ermm
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2017 at 8:07pm
Honestly, watching Trump speak is painful to say the least. Between the body language, poor grasp of basic grammar, and overuse of adverbs of degree like "very", I see someone operating far beyond their level of comfort and competence.

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Honestly, watching Trump speak is painful to say the least. Between the body language, poor grasp of basic grammar, and overuse of adverbs of degree like "very", I see someone operating far beyond their level of comfort and competence.

After 8 years of disaster - continuing to emulate Saturday Night Live with daily Trump bashing is an exercise in futility. He is the U.S. President and will be despite efforts since I first posted - let's move on - and like a desperate man pleading with his X-wife to take him back - there will not be another election until 2020.

My fear was that if Hillary Clinton took office, we would be set for another 4 years of idiocy in foreign policy, health care, and we would all be speaking Arabic by now after the Muslims took over America.

As for Obama, you simply cannot take an ex-cocaine user who would trip off and write in a diary about his vision seriously. Raised by a cleric and they never did produce and original birth certificate. It was a copy. No one ever pressed this. He was elected primarily because he was black and if he wasn't he would not have even made it to the primaries.

The Trump is retarded joke is getting old. He is a very intelligent person and the surgical strike on Syria was the first definite intelligent military move America has made in a long time.

We have far more to fear from Black Lives Matter and anarchy than Donald Trump. We need to spend more energy worrying about our military and national security that if the transgenders can find a bathroom where people won't be mean to them and the gays can force Christian ministers to marry them.

The party is over. It was once said - Those who can do - do. Those who can't teach - and those cannot do either of the first - criticize.

We have a nation of armchair generals and people who are immune to logic driven the lying media into a frenzy. The demonstrations are paid for and sponsored by foreign nationals and the polls are notoriously rigged.

People are bored. Instead of taking charge of their own lives and accepting responsibility for their situation, they blame the government. Our medical system cannot afford to support people who are here illegally. Our economic situation cannot either.

Obama care sucks. It is in its death throes and many providers will refuse it. You cannot keep your own doctor (a lie) you will get inferior care and the young people are not going to pay for it when they don't use it themselves.

We need a better plan and it isn't going to be free. For three generations some people have collected and lived off of the government. People who could have worked and instead just made more babies to collect more money.

Socialized medicine is bad.

So everyone can continue being afraid or they can try to somehow give back to society what they are taking. We need immigration control. Minorities have become big business and huge amounts of money flow based on what color a person's skin is. And the whites - are pushed to the back of the bus.

An elderly single veteran must compete with people with swarms of children who eat whatever resources there are alive.

Perhaps be afraid - be very afraid now the President Trump is in office. People may dare to be proud of being an American and actually all races get equal treatment. Our education standards won't be dropped and teachers won't be hired who cannot pass a basic proficiency test in what they teach.

It isn't easy to be President - at least a good one.  No comments about what could be the biggest tax break in history for people that will effect the poor and increase the standard deduction.

I have been saying for 4 months - get over it and try and support and work with what may rebuild our nation, economy, bring in more jobs, and make America great again.

Trump bashing is a sport and people truly enjoy it.

The greatest thing to fear is fear itself. Now - back to trying to change the world for the better ...

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 12:24pm
You mean "move on" as so many on the right did during Obama's Presidency, Med? And I don't remember the office of Commander in Chief automatically earning the respect you now demand. You "bashed" Obama while he was in office, and you're still doing it. How is that any different?

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 12:45pm
Obummer?
Muslim in Chief?
Need I continue?

Incidentally, for all you might disagree with some of his policies, Obama did seem to be fairly eloquent: for instance; Using varied adjectives in gramatically correct sentences and limiting the use of adverbs, thereby preserving clarity and precision.  I suppose it's an unforgivable crime to avoid talking down to ones followers.  

What really annoys me is the fact that Trump himself is clearly intelligent.  So is it laziness, or a choice?  I am leaning towards the latter.  If you have to chose among the floating voters to appeal to and you pick the less educated ones, then, when you can't do something you promised, like getting Mexico to pay for your pointless* wall, you stand a better chance of wriggling out of the consequences.  If, with the same policies, you want to appeal to the educated intelligentia, then said wriggle room evaporates.

*If you build an 8 foot high wall, then those who want to cross will build 9ft ladders. If you build a 16 foot high wall, then those who want to cross will build 17ft ladders.  If you build a 20 foot high wall, then those who want to cross will build 21ft ladders.   This is a potentially infinite progression and a ladder takes far less resources to build than a wall.  Duh!
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 1:04pm
Medclinician said - He is a very intelligent person

Trump: ‘I mean had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart. He was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said, “There’s no reason for this.”

Trump: ‘People don’t realize, you know, the Civil War, if you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?’

Enough said!
Buy more ammo!
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 1:46pm
Chump has not uttered a single intelligent word .......EVER (just rehashing 3 Reich language)

still on the same page Jacksdad.......

and WTF  HAS HIS DAUGHTER GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING........

maybe they lining her up to be madam president

the whole thing is a 

JOKE........

MOVE ON .......

just like the republicans did during OBAMAS YEARS.....

YEAH RIGHT......

DUMB RED NECKS.......

by the way 

PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE BE PREPARED......for the storm....

JUST HOPE FOR THE SLATE WIPER.........

might just clean up the mess we made of this PLANET.......

Marcus Aurelius
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

Minorities have become big business and huge amounts of money flow based on what color a person's skin is. And the whites - are pushed to the back of the bus.

Seriously, Med? In light of the historical significance of race determining where a person could sit on a bus, that was incredibly insensitive. Rosa Parks ring a bell?
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 8:03am
swamp drainin' is haaarrrrrd werk !!!

I wonder when Trump is gonna get started ?

Congress Confirms Another Former Goldman Sachs Honcho For Trump

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jay-clayton-securities-exchange-commission-goldman-sachs-trump_us_59079c58e4b05c3976817a8d?section=us_politics

emphasis on the word ANOTHER

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 9:25am
Remember to lead a "good life" or you'll pay extra for healthcare, or be unable to afford access to a doctor. Sounds an awful lot like those Obamacare death panels we kept hearing about to me.

Let's be clear - I've worked in healthcare for 22 years and met a lot of people who have lead lives that undoubtedly resulted in easily avoidable medical problems, but the majority of the time it comes out of nowhere with no clear cause. What idiots like Mo Brooks don't understand is that these things can affect anyone - sh*t happens in life, and that's when the measure of a society is whether it steps up and extends a helping hand, or turns it's back because you're now a burden. This kind of legislation could easily leave people unable to see a doctor through no fault of their own. What if you're genetically predisposed to something like breast cancer - should you be penalized when it comes to getting insurance because of something you had no control over? What about a family history of heart disease, polycystic kidney disease, or diabetes? And who is to blame if the elimination of workplace regulations leaves you with a debilitating illness - you, or a White House that sees things like safety laws as unnecessary obstacles to job growth? Here's a thought - are the people advocating this kind of BS going to go after killers like big tobacco, or will they keep filling their campaign coffers with dirty money and say nothing?

Maybe I'm reading Mo Brooks wrong and he follows a strict macrobiotic vegetarian diet, relaxing with his fellow Freedom Caucus members after their morning stretch and meditation class over an organic acai berry smoothie, but I highly doubt it - more likely he just lives his life the way most people do, eats what he likes, thanks his lucky stars it hasn't killed or sickened him yet...and uses the free insurance the taxpayers provide for him. The hypocrisy is sickening (no pun intended).

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/05/02/rep-mo-brooks-pre-existing-conditions-lead.cnn

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:01am
Bearing all that in mind, JD: If you impoverish someone by going bankrupt yourself or in your company (as Trump did several times) and then legislate to reduce their healthcare coverage (as Trump is doing) are you not guilty of murder when they get sick?  Maybe not legally - but certainly morally.

America is not the worst.  There are many countries which have regimes which are far worse, like North Korea for instance, but take the plank out of your own eyes first before looking for the speck in someone else's.  Hyprocrisy is such a mild word for a Christian country which kills its own and (metaphorically) walks by on the other side of the road.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:09am
This was a doozie - not so much an interview with a world leader as a rambling, incoherent conversation with someone who continually loses their train of thought and goes off on tangents peppered with self-promotion and superlatives. I've known stoners who would struggle to converse with people in much the same way, although they'd freely admit to forgetting what they were talking about, instead of launching into a "let me tell you how great I am" story with fictional unverifiable characters thrown in for good measure.

And what the hell is that whole "I don't stand by anything" thing about? 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-oval-office-interview-cbs-this-morning-full-transcript/

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Bearing all that in mind, JD: If you impoverish someone by going bankrupt yourself or in your company (as Trump did several times) and then legislate to reduce their healthcare coverage (as Trump is doing) are you not guilty of murder when they get sick?  Maybe not legally - but certainly morally.

America is not the worst.  There are many countries which have regimes which are far worse, like North Korea for instance, but take the plank out of your own eyes first before looking for the speck in someone else's.  Hyprocrisy is such a mild word for a Christian country which kills its own and (metaphorically) walks by on the other side of the road.

Clap

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:20am
Well worth a read - very well written article by Newsweek about Trump's business acumen and moral compass.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/donald-trumps-business-failures-election-2016-486091.html

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:22am
JD, I agree with everything you have said.  I also agree with Technophobe's comments.  But, in Britain, our government agencies and our NHS are not paragons of virtue at all times.  Nor do they supply some of the most basic needs of our society.  For example: it was whilst carying out the illegal instructions of a woman in a government agency to remove farm animals she said I could not keep, for reasons which were never explained by her, that I had the accident which required the replacement of my abdominal aorta with an artificial one.

Secondly, the cancer I have was probably caused by a virus.  the vaccine for this virus is routinely supplied to young girls at school but not to adults.  So neither I nor Technophobe were eligible.  Yet up to 1/4 of cancers may, like mine, have been caused by this virus (HPV).

Thirdly, if the so-called ethical organisations, the money-driven NICE and the, unfortunately fanatical, religious groups were to allow our scientists to experiment with genetic engineering, all genetic diseases and most infectious diseases could be eliminated.  Then the possibility of humans living long enough to be able to socially evolve would be greatly enhanced and the two sacred and imperative goals of mankind to live many thousand of years and to reach for the stars would be placed within our grasp.  All we need is faith our selves.
I like Ike
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 10:57am
Well said, WillobyBrat.

And keep beating stuff that would handily kick anyone else's backside, because the world needs people of good conscience like you and Techno Thumbs Up

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 5:31pm
I don't believe in a supreme being,
But we'll o see someoneless fortunate than I I always think"there for the grace of god go I "something we should all abide by

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 6:34am
what smells worse?
the Trump Presidency or week old fish ?

Trump business partner accused of involvement in Dutch-based money laundering scheme

https://zembla.vara.nl/dossier/uitzending/trump-business-partner-accused-of-involvement-in-dutch-based-money-laundering-scheme

"The American real estate development company Bayrock, through which Donald Trump constructed hotels and apartment complexes, used Dutch letter box companies in a network suspected of being involved in money laundering. A ZEMBLA investigation suggests that Bayrock siphoned off $1.5 million dollars by setting up a corporate structure in the Netherlands in 2007. In New York, Bayrock also stands accused of large-scale tax fraud. This incriminating information could place Donald Trump in an extremely difficult position, claims attorney F. Oberlander, who is prosecuting Bayrock on behalf of the State of New York: “The maximum jail term would be 30 years. So you’re in really serious trouble.”
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 4:55pm
Trump promised to protect Medicaid. He lied through his teeth.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/4/1658995/-Trump-promised-to-protect-Medicaid-He-lied-through-his-teeth

liar
LIAR
country on fire

I have but one item on my "bucket list"
and that is I want to see just one day where this buffoon of a President doesn't get caught in telling a LIE

just one
JUST ONE
is that too much to ask ?
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 9:08pm
Trump and the GOP have turned the death panels over to the insurance execs! Much better plan!

Trumpcare breaks every promise Trump made about health care

It's “something terrific.” “a lot less expensive”. 'Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”, “people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.”, “We’re going to take care of them. We’re going to take care of them. We have to take care of them. Now, that’s not single payer. That’s not anything. That’s just human decency.”, “You will end up with great health care for a fraction of the price and that will take place immediately after we go in. Immediately! Fast! Quick!”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-obamcare-replacement-breaks-more-promises-42b2fda950f
Buy more ammo!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 10:01pm
^Thanks to all of you, around the globe!  

Let's see how the American way of legislating works....the majority of Americans do NOT support the trashing of ACA (Obamacare), and it passed in the House by a slim majority, so now it must go to the US Senate, where it will be hammered, changed, amendments added etc.  Then back to the House, and to the President's desk.  Lots of opportunities for things to happen. 

As far as the snarky Republicans who blame illnesses upon behavior, I have epilepsy and psoriasis, both of which are disabling conditions and have nothing to do with behavior or lifestyle.  I don't know what illnesses the Repugs are considering as part of lifestyle, but their families are not immune to genetic problems, mental illness, drug abuse etc.  (BTW, I've long identified with Republicans and cast my first vote in 1976 for Pres. Gerald Ford!)

Let's hope they learn their lessons.  Already, the Republican-leaning states are suffering severely from climate change, and yet they support this Trump agenda.  Missouri voted for Trump and is a "red state," hope they get used to this climate change treatment: 

CRS, DrPH
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2017 at 12:40pm
If a Pandemic Hits, the U.S. Isn’t Ready

The federal government hasn’t adequately implemented what was learned from the recent Ebola outbreak, a former Air Force Chief of Staff says.

By
Paul D. Shinkman, Senior National Security Writer | May 4, 2017, at 5:23 p.m.

The threat of a global pandemic is growing at a time when the U.S. government is not adequately prepared to respond to one, according to a recent study.

Misinformation about vaccines, the absence of a clear plan for coordination among federal agencies such as the U.S. Agency for International Development and the Defense Department, and a need to improve public awareness about the threat posed by a biologic outbreak are among the factors that make the possibility of large and deadly pandemics increasingly likely, according to the study from Texas A&M University's Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs.

"Unfortunately it's been a series of pickup games," says retired Gen. Mark Welsh, the U.S. Air Force chief of staff from 2012 to 2016. He now serves as dean of the university's Bush School of Government and Public Service, which contributed to the study. "We've lacked the overarching leadership, the national plans."

As a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the time, Welsh oversaw the military's contributions in responding to the Ebola epidemic that peaked in 2014 in West Africa and threatened to expand across the globe. That scenario showed the U.S. government's ability to overcome a lack of planning, and to deploy experts and support staff to affected areas to contain and mitigate the virus' spread.

However, the military and its civilian overseers didn't learn enough from that lesson, Welsh says.

"You generally have a lack of a feeling there is a coordinated response that's on the shelf, ready to go in case something like this happens elsewhere in the world," he says. "And you certainly don't get the feeling there is an international community, even a national community, that is ready and fully prepared with the required memos of understanding and agreements in place to make a response happen."

As past outbreaks become further and further removed, more pressing priorities take precedence over future preparations, he says.

"From a pandemic perspective, we can't afford to look at this that way, because the danger levels are rising. The risk factors are increasing and we can't afford not to be ready," Welsh says.

Among factors the study points to as contributing to the threat of a pandemic is America's anti-vaccine movement, which includes people who believe in a debunked link between vaccines and autism. President Donald Trump himself has indicated he questions the science behind vaccines.

Public-school populations in states like Washington and Texas, meanwhile, are in danger of falling below what the study calls "herd immunity," in which the number of vaccinated people in a particular community is enough to provide protection for those who have not been vaccinated. The study also stresses the need to have uniform vaccination requirements for immigrants and refugees coming to the U.S.

The analysis additionally highlights the importance abroad of USAID, which it says should be tasked with overseeing the entire government's response to pandemics. Unlike the military, this agency already has the authority to carry out such a mission, as well as funding that could be used for it.

USAID also should help developing countries in improving their health care hiring systems, the study says. Not only could this lessen the chances of future pandemics, but it could save the U.S. money – the government spent $2.4 billion in response operations just to the Ebola outbreak.

"This reactive method of disease response is not sustainable and does little to prevent the emergence of infectious diseases at their source," the study states.

The Trump administration signaled an intent to cut USAID funding through its 2018 "skinny budget" proposal, and reportedly has considered folding the agency into the State Department amid concerns such a move would strip the federal government of the agency's specialized expertise.

"We're not turning our lessons observed in Ebola into lessons learned," says Gerry Parker, a strategic adviser to the Texas A&M-headquartered Institute for Infectious Animal Diseases. The 26-year Army veteran previously served in the Department of Health and Human Services' Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response.

Citing the recent spread of the Zika virus, Parker says it's inevitable there will be far worse and more serious pandemics in the near future.

"We'd just better be prepared," he says. "And we're not today."

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-care-news/articles/2017-05-04/us-falling-short-on-pandemic-prevention-study-says
Buy more ammo!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic