Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My fear when Mr. Trump takes the Oath of Office...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

My fear when Mr. Trump takes the Oath of Office...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 6:19am

Here’s Even More Evidence Trump Is Lying About Massive Voter Fraud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-voter-fraud_us_590cc4e8e4b0d5d9049c4155?4p&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

LMAO !!!

remember the big expose Trump PROMISED?

still waiting....

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 8:26pm
How the House health care bill undercuts bioterror and pandemic defenses

By John Mecklin

The celebration, denunciation, and media dissection of the House of Representatives’ health care bill has focused largely on how the bill that passed this week would affect citizens and their pocketbooks, if it ever became law. But no matter how important preexisting-condition coverage and Medicaid funding might be—i.e., very important—the cuts the bill would make in federal support for public health seem to be getting fairly short media shrift.

For all sorts of reasons, the US public health system—as patchwork as it may be—is absolutely vital to protecting the United States and the world from bioterrorism and natural disease outbreaks that could turn pandemic. I could offer a long policy discussion here to support the previous sentence, but I think two words will do the job: Ebola. Anthrax.

According to a question-and-answer string generated by the Washington Post, the House health care bill “would eliminate funds for fundamental public health programs, including for the prevention of bioterrorism and disease outbreaks, as well as money to provide immunizations and heart-disease screenings” and gut a fund that provides almost $1 billion annually to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The panic that attended the anthrax letter attacks of 2001 and Ebola cases in 2014—incidents that claimed only a relative handful of victims each in this country—would pale in comparison to the uproar accompanying a widespread outbreak of serious disease, whether it were natural in origin or manmade. The systems needed to detect outbreaks early and forestall pandemic are exactly the programs that the House health care bill cuts. Many of those systems are run by state health departments, which would lose hundreds of millions of dollars because of cuts in funding for the CDC.

At the same time, it seems likely that if the Senate agrees to something close to the House health care bill, millions of Americans will also lose health insurance coverage. This combination—disinvestment in public health and large reductions in the number of people with access to timely medical care—could facilitate the type of pandemic that causes mass casualties and threatens social order. Such a level of risk demands an increased level of attention from the media, and from the Senate, as it decides how it will address—and, I hope, greatly change—the House version of health care “reform."

http://thebulletin.org/how-house-health-care-bill-undercuts-bioterror-and-pandemic-defenses10752
Buy more ammo!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 10:25pm
^Thanks, Arirish!  My friends in public health, preparedness and federal law enforcement have been talking about this quite a bit.  

It never fails that, when we least expect it, we'll get hit with something.  EMP from a solar storm, pandemic virus, bioweapon escape from a lab, whatever.  You can pretty much count on it happening from a statistical point of view. 

Be safe, I'm always watching for signs. 
CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 4:19pm
Sacked Comey.....now that's a surprise...NOT....

Rule number 1 put a man you can control to investigate YOU......
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 6:57pm
yup
Trump is taking his cue from Nixon

time for a Special Prosecutor

the smoke around the Russia/Trump connection has now produced some flames

can't wait to see what kind of obedient STOOGE Trump installs as the new Director
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/4/1658995/-Trump-promised-to-protect-Medicaid-He-lied-through-his-teeth - Trump promised to protect Medicaid. He lied through his teeth.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/4/1658995/-Trump-promised-to-protect-Medicaid-He-lied-through-his-teeth

liar
LIAR
country on fire

I have but one item on my "bucket list"
and that is I want to see just one day where this buffoon of a President doesn't get caught in telling a LIE

just one
JUST ONE
is that too much to ask ?

I dug this one up just for you Satori.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35aT9ikWcqc

When The Donald tells a lie he thinks he is clever.
But when he gets caught telling the truth, wow. 
Are you sure you will be happy with one day of this babble?

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 7:16pm
and more BREAKING NEWS

Trump is feelin' da heat now

CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politi....html?adkey=bn
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 7:50pm
Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-Business-Ties

"

Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

by Phil Helsel

President Donald Trump has hired a Washington law firm to send a letter to a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee saying he has no connections to Russia, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday.

Spicer's revelation was in response to a question from reporters on a briefing about committee member Sen. Lindsey Graham's remarks that he wants to look into whether Trump has any business dealings with Russia.

snip

“In fact, he is already charged a leading law firm in Washington, D.C., to send a certified letter to Senator Graham to that point that he has no connections to Russia," Spicer said.

The announcement that Trump had retained a lawyer to deal with the Russia probe came just hours before the news broke that he'd fired FBI Director James Comey, who was leading an investigation into the administration's Russian ties."

translation?
"I AM NOT A CROOK"Wink
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 6:40am
The Nightmare Scenario: Trump Fires Comey, the One Man Who Would Stand Up to Him

https://lawfareblog.com/nightmare-sc...ould-stand-him

"Make no mistake: The firing of James Comey as FBI director is a stunning event. It is a profoundly dangerous thing—a move that puts the Trump-Russia investigation in immediate jeopardy and removes from the investigative hierarchy the one senior official whom President Trump did not appoint and one who is known to stand up to power. One of the biggest dangers of Comey’s firing is that Trump might actually get away with it, ironically, because of Comey’s unpopularity among Democrats and on the political left.

We warned about this danger immediately after the election.

On November 10, we wrote that that Trump’s firing of Comey would be a “a clear bellwether to both the national security and civil libertarian communities that things are going terribly wrong.” At the time we wrote those words, Comey was deeply unpopular with both the Left, which blamed Hillary Clinton’s defeat on his eleventh hour letter to Congress, and the Right, which criticized his decision to recommend that Clinton not be charged over her handling of government emails. Whatever the merit of Comey’s actions during the campaign, the fact that he managed to anger both sides of the political spectrum demonstrated his storied political independence. And that political independence, we argued, would serve as a critical check against any efforts on the part of President Trump to trample the rule of law."

On November 10, we wrote that that Trump’s firing of Comey would be a “a clear bellwether to both the national security and civil libertarian communities that things are going terribly wrong.”
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 7:57am
Once again, the machinations that Hitler used to get control of the German political system in the early 30s are used to remove opposition.

Funny, I would have expected Spicer to look more like Himler  than he does.

It is definitely time for the American people to INSIST on a special prosecutor.  Unless a truly neutral person fills that role, then Trump can continue to wriggle out of things - again and again and again.......
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 8:15am
Of course, if I am wrong* and he is completely innocent of such scheming, then he will have no objection to applying such a prosecutor, as he will have nothing to hide.

*and I often am.
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 11:42am

and more BREAKING NEWS

Trump is feelin' da heat now

CNN exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in FBI's Russia investigation

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.?adkey=bn - http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politi....html?adkey=bn

Here's one for the record:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIauuTAgD8 - http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIauuTAgD8
GUEST View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 11:48am
Will try the link again

http:////www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIauuTAgD8 - http:////www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIauuTAgD8
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 12:08pm
Thank you "Guest"  Is this the link you were trying to post?

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 1:58pm
poor Trump
he's not winning BIGLY anymore

First on CNN: Senate Russia investigators ask Treasury for Trump team financial information

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/09/politics/senate-russia-investigation-donald-trump/index.html

I wonder if Trump's orange prison jumpsuit will clash with his hair ?
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 2:43pm
the whole thing is like a FRENCH FARCE......

Dosnt he realise that the USA is becoming the laughing stock of the world.....

whats he going to do next to disrtract attention from this mess....

Defcon 2..............
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 4:04pm
Senate intelligence committee subpoenas Michael Flynn
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politi...ena/index.html

Trump has to  be wetting his Depends right about now

is Flynn gonna rat him out to save his own skin ?
stay tuned kids
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 4:50am
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

the whole thing is like a FRENCH FARCE......   Dosnt he realise that the USA is becoming the laughing stock of the world.....

I can't  speak for any other country than mine, but over here "laughing stock" is too mild a description.  We all find him hilarious!  LOL  Seriously, Utterly  Hilarious!  'And that is almost everyone I have spoken to: usually unsolicited.  All you have to do over here is go in the supermarket, pub, cafe, doctor's surgery or whatever and someone starts a: "Have you seen what that prat Trump has done now?" conversation.  I still have only met one pro-Trump person in the vast range of people I chat to.  (That person currently under the doctor for serious mental issues! - enough said!)

Sadly, Probably unfairly, in some eyes, the whole of America's image as a civilized country has taken a big hit.

So, you could be more accurate, Carbon, if you said "has become" a laughing stock.  Having said that, maybe "becoming", as it could still get worse.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 2:51pm
i wonder if our American cousins use "PRAT" to discribe someone.....lol

i have never know a President to be called one !!!!!!

......oh dear it must be BAD

Scary in fact.......

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 2:59pm
Thanks Carbon!  I just looked prat up in Wikitionary.  It seems to have lost its meaning over the other side of the pond.  Over here it simply means idiot. (Particularly that type of idiot who wears motley, does pratfalls and wears custard pies over his cap and bells.  Waving a bladder on a stick and entertaining royalty are also obligatory.)  'Also often referred to here as a pillock.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 4:24pm
That's not the meaning I was told when I was an apprentice in Birmingham UK in the 70's......but its very apt....lol...

Marcus Aurelius
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 4:58pm
I find it interesting that Trump fired Comey because he said he was grandstanding ("seeking to attract applause or favorable attention from spectators or the media") and a showboat ("someone who shows off").

God forbid we should have someone in high office that behaves in such a way...Ermm

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 5:06pm
LOLClap
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 9:58pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2017 at 10:55pm
Pot....
kettle.....

Marcus Aurelius
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 8:41am
Maybe he didn't like the competition

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 1:57pm
Stop it, JD!  I am pulling muscles from laughing now!
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 9:32pm
JD- I would find it hilarious if we hadn't elected a vindictive seven year old to the most powerful position in the world! I'm not sure you can prep for this!    
Buy more ammo!
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 12:19am
Its laugh or cry.  I'm going out with a smile on my face: it will be difficult to avoid if I glow in the dark.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 5:19am
multiple constitutional scholars and lawyers now weighting in
ALL of them using the term OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE in one fashion or the other
not enough evidence to force a resignation or begin impeachment
but for the first time I now feel this might be in the cards

also I came across some VERY interesting info
I have not been able to follow up on it yet
it will take quite some time
but a group of investigative journalists have identified a number of Russian shell companies
ALL with the same address (an empty office) in one of the former Soviet republics
these shell companies were used to fund Marine LePen's LOSING election in France recently (you may remember she is the right wing nationalist nut job who was absolutely trounced in the election)
anyway the Russians obviously interfered in the French election by channeling funds through this myriad of shell companies
AND
AND
Wait For It
Trumps name keeps coming up in relation to these fake companies
what his exact involvement is is not known at this time though
whether he actually received money for his campaign-no evidence of this at present
very possibly he received funding for some of his many overseas concerns though
facts still be determined
but the very fact that his name is associated with these fraudulent companies stinks to high heaven

Trump should be sweating bullets right now
but I don't think he has the smarts
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 1:47pm
DutchJosh, your countrymen have done us a great favor! 

Donald Trump's Financial Ties to Russian Oligarchs and Mobsters Detailed In Explosive New Documentary from the Netherlands

Dutch TV did what no American TV network dares, suggesting Trump's past includes illegal racketeering.

CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 2:00am
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 12:34pm
It is likely that the mainstream media as well the Far Left is going to continue waiting for the Second Coming of Hilary and a second election.  The investigation in voter fraud will still continue and it is likely to show that perhaps millions of illegals cast votes for Hillary Clinton.  Why spend the time courting them for the last 2 years if she did not think somehow it would make a difference?

Every leader and business person has their style of winning. What we did not need were any more lawyers.  The Democrats continue to suffer defeat after defeat and the latest one is their desperate effort to get a government shutdown so they can say the Republicans are to blame - especially Donald Trump.

As I said months ago in many places on the net, it is time to move on. There wasn't, isn't, and will be no proof that Trump acted with Russia to get elected. Russia is Russia. Of course they are trying to influence our country, our elections, our lives. Is this a news flash? They have been doing it for as long as we have been doing the same thing all over the planet. We get in revolutions, finance weapons, and create insurgencies and have been. We backed Afghanistan and created the Mujaheddin and very likely ISIS to depose Asaad 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad
from power.

What was done with the emails was a crime and should have been prosecuted.

At this point, after eight years of lies and the Democrats who now cry out over issue after issue over things they backed - i.e. the immigration reform.

I would have been afraid if Hilary and her "no fly zone" in Syria had started World War 3 as she told God and everyone else top secret information on a President's time to respond to call a nuclear strike.

I would have been afraid for someone to get in office that was more concerned whether trans-sexuals had their own bathrooms than the defense of our nation. In a video I posted there were over 30 blatant lies told of things that never happened, and backtracking on stands on just about everything.

Perhaps it is necessary to reconsider things once you are in office - because one has to think on their feet and deal with what is happening and things happen. But not while you are campaigning and tell huge lies to the American people.

My fear when President Trump took office, he would not be able to follow through on making America Great. So far he is trying and has had at least more successes than the last president at changing anything except for a health care plan that was a total disaster.

The press never acknowledge Trump's successes. It is likely there would have already been a Russian nuclear mass launch and America would be in ashes had they elected her. That was my fear and I am glad she is not and never will be president.

I can see the socialist media team Zembla is hot on the trail in Netherlands to try and give the socialists something to manage to get rid of Trump in the middle of our crisis in North Korea.

Guess what? If we tracked either the Clinton's or Bush back we could find direct dealing with Osama Bin Laden or oil companies they ran with the Middle East.  How could anyone be a billionaire and never have dealt with someone shoddy?  Highly unlikely.

If people do not wake up, they are going to be looking for cans of edible food in the radioactive waste and fighting the Sons of Anarchy to get them.

Many of those outside the U.S. are not especially fond of Americans - especially these days. Yet it is NATO and an alliance of nuclear defense that protects the U.K. and Europe. Switzerland noted for its tolerance is about to go down in flames with their own immigration problems and ISIS.

Osama did have it right long ago when he said one of the best ways to make America fall was attack their economy and also their unity.

Long ago before our last Pandemic I told someone who did not think there would be one - during it we may wind up arguing under a tree in the midst of desolation and remembering when we had the luxury on AFT to do it.

Very possible.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 7:51am
Ryan sticking with Trump so he can get his Medicare privatization

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-privatization

if this doesn't scare the living hell out of every middle class American then I don;t know what will

you do know what Ryan's plan is don't you?

your gonna get a voucher or tax credit that will only cover the cost of your health insurance
thats right
your 70 years old,with preexisting conditions (who doesnt have some health problems at this age ?)
your insurance is 15 or 20K a year
and your gonna get a 4K voucher
yeah
thats right
this is a guarantee that your going to spend your senior years living in abject poverty and your gonna die a whole lot sooner
see now why I so absolutely DESPISE Trump and his agenda ?

middle class America had better wake the you know what up before it is too late
Trump is out to destroy the middle class
make NO mistake about it
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 8:01pm

Ryan sticking with Trump so he can get his Medicare privatization

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-privatization

if this doesn't scare the living hell out of every middle class American then I don;t know what will

you do know what Ryan's plan is don't you?

Right on the money, Satori!  Sad but true.
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 8:10am
Yep - there is a total disconnect between what Ryan and his buddies are promising, and what they actually trying to achieve. The GOP's plan is not meant to fulfill Trump's campaign promise of affordable healthcare for everyone - it's just meant to screw over the poor and middle class. Basically anyone that the rich guys pretending to represent us feel is a drain on them.

The ACA on the other hand, was meant to wrest control of healthcare from the bean-counters, CEOs and wealthy shareholders, and as the name suggested, make it affordable. It certainly wasn't the best they could have come up with, but when you have an opposition party openly proclaiming from day one that they would make Obama a one term president and obstruct everything he tried to do, it's surprising anything happened. Personally, I'd love to see a well crafted single payer system in place.

But hey, no big deal, right? It's not like losing access to healthcare ever killed anyone...

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2017 at 7:31pm
Nearly 700 vacancies at CDC because of Trump administration’s hiring freeze

Nearly 700 positions are vacant at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because of a continuing freeze on hiring that officials and researchers say affects programs supporting local and state public health emergency readiness, infectious disease control and chronic disease prevention.

The same restriction remains in place throughout the Health and Human Services Department despite the lifting of a government-wide hiring freeze last month. At the National Institutes of Health, staff say clinical work, patient care and recruitment are suffering.

Like HHS, the State Department and the Environmental Protection Agency have maintained the freeze as a way of reducing their workforces and reshaping organizational structures after a directive last month from the Office of Management and Budget that said all federal agencies must submit a plan by June 30 to shrink their civilian workforces. HHS, State and EPA also face significant cuts in the Trump administration’s budget proposal for the fiscal year starting Oct. 1. The administration, which unveiled a “skinny budget” for fiscal 2018 in March, is scheduled to release its full budget next week.

A senior CDC official said unfilled positions include dozens of budget analysts and public health policy analysts, scientists and advisers who provide key administrative support. Their duties include tracking federal contracts awarded to state and local health departments and ensuring that lab scientists have the equipment they need.

Though HHS has exempted many positions from the freeze, including physicians and personnel who respond to cybersecurity and public health emergencies, many support personnel who often play critical roles have been affected.

“It’s all the operational details,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because CDC staff are not permitted to comment publicly without approval from HHS. The situation has been made worse, the official said, because the agency has been operating without a permanent director since Tom Frieden stepped down in January. That job is considered one of the most crucial public health positions in the government given the CDC's role in tracking and stopping infectious disease outbreaks in the United States and worldwide.

When HHS Secretary Tom Price visited the Atlanta-based agency in April, the former Georgia lawmaker called CDC “an absolute jewel to our nation,” adding that its location in his home town “makes it extra special.” In a meeting with senior leaders, Price promised to name a director within the month.

But at least 125 job categories have been blocked from being filled, according to a recently released CDC document. Each covers multiple people. The document was released through a Freedom of Information Act request by the Sierra Club and reviewed by The Washington Post. Many of the unfilled jobs are high-level positions, at least GS-12 and above, according to the document.

Several positions are in the Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response, which regulates some of the world's most dangerous bacteria and viruses and manages the nation's stockpile of emergency medical countermeasures. Others include positions in the director's office, infectious disease offices and the office for noncommunicable diseases, injury and environmental health.

The hiring freeze, imposed by an executive order that President Trump signed Jan. 22, covers currently open positions, prevents new positions from being created and blocks lateral transfers, officials said.

The Sierra Club's public health policy director, Liz Perera, said the administration’s “thoughtless freeze on hiring public servants prevented the CDC from filling critical roles at programs essential to preventing chronic and infectious diseases, advancing immunization and safeguarding environmental health.”

An HHS spokeswoman referred questions about the freeze to a May 2 speech by Price, who asked managers to review the efficiency of operations and draft plans to reduce staff. The budget process should be viewed as a way to “reimagine how we can do the work that we do and how we can do it better,” he told employees.

“We’re not looking to achieve an arbitrary financial goal or workforce numbers,” Price said. “We’re certainly not gunning for specific programs or agencies.”

It’s unclear how many positions have been affected across HHS. At NIH, hiring is permitted for “essential patient care staff vacancies,” but reassignments are not allowed and contractors cannot be used for full-time duties, according to an internal NIH memo last month.

Some support positions, such as program assistants and laboratory assistants, remain vacant. Many of those personnel log in or handle patient specimens and issue reports, jobs that directly affect patient care, said a senior physician at the National Cancer Institute who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of funding retaliation.

One such assistant who worked for the physician left late last year, but the institute has been unable to replace her because the human resources department “was overwhelmed by the demand and could not process recruiting actions,” the clinician said.

Recruitment for a senior laboratory position also has been held up “since it's complicated to get exceptions granted,” the doctor said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/05/19/nearly-700-vacancies-at-cdc-because-of-trump-administration-hiring-freeze/?utm_term=.019d24268709
Buy more ammo!
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 9:01am
Trump budget seeks huge cuts to science and medical research and disease prevention

President Trump's 2018 budget request, delivered to Congress Tuesday with the title "A New Foundation for American Greatness," has roiled the medical and science community with a call for massive cuts in spending on scientific research, medical research, disease prevention programs and health insurance for children of the working poor.

The National Cancer Institute would be hit with a $1 billion cut compared to its 2017 budget. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute would see a $575 million cut, and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases would see a reduction of $838 million. The administration would cut the overall National Institutes of Health budget from $31.8 billion to $26 billion.

The National Science Foundation, which dispenses grants to a variety of scientific research endeavors, would be trimmed $776 million, an 11 percent cut. NSF had not been mentioned in Trump's budget outline released in March. The new, full budget echoes the earlier one in calling for the elimination of a number of research-related programs, such as the Department of Energy's Advanced Research Project Agency - Energy (ARPA-E).

The proposed cuts to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention drew an unusually sharp rebuke from former CDC director Tom Frieden, who went on Twitter to describe the administration's CDC request as "unsafe at any level of enactment. Would increase illness, death, risks to Americans, and health care costs."

In a separate tweet, Frieden listed what he sees as the dire ramifications of the Trump proposal, saying, for starters, that it "Devastates programs that protect Americans from cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes and other deadly and expensive conditions."

Steven Hauser, president of the American Heart Association, called Trump's budget "devastating" and "unconscionable." He urged Congress to boost funding for NIH by $2 billion rather than cut it by nearly $6 billion.

Rush Holt, CEO of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, said the Trump budget is short-sighted, particularly in assuming that economic growth won't be hampered by cuts in government-funded research.

"There's this rosy optimism that somehow growth will magically occur, and yet it cuts the principle source of that growth," Holt said. The proposal "savages research. Economists are clear: That’s where we ultimately get our economic growth.”

The full budget document was scheduled to be released Tuesday morning, but the administration inadvertently posted the section dealing with the Department of Health and Human Services late Monday afternoon.

Slashing programs that normally have enjoyed bipartisan support is part of the Trump administration's effort to trim trillions of dollars in spending over the next decade while at the same time paying for tax cuts and increases in military spending.

Trump's Office of Management and Budget produced the “skinny budget” in March, and that document delivered a number of surprises, including a call to cut nearly one-fifth of National Institutes of Health budget and nearly one-third of the Environmental Protection Agency funding.

Lawmakers appeared to ignore that budget request entirely when putting together a spending plan for the rest of fiscal 2017, which runs through September. Much of that spending plan had been in the works before the November election.

Congress has the power of the purse and could essentially ignore the more detailed budget request. Early reactions on both sides of the aisle have been unfavorable. One Republican lawmaker, Rep. Tom Cole of Oklahoma, flinched at the thought of cutting NIH and such programs as Meals on Wheels. Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), head of the ultra-conservative Freedom Caucus, said of Meals on Wheels, “I’ve delivered meals to a lot of people that perhaps it’s their only hot meal of the day."

But the document posted late Monday shows that blow-back from that earlier budget request did not dissuade the administration from its strategy of cutting nonmilitary discretionary spending to pay for tax cuts and a boost in the Pentagon budget.

Among key health-care changes:

Planned Parenthood would be barred from receiving any HHS funding, according to a fact sheet accompanying the budget release – a prohibition that would apply not just to Medicaid but to all programs. The fact sheet notes that this move “follows through on a campaign promise” to block federal dollars from “certain entities that provide abortions, including Planned Parenthood.”

Funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) would be slashed by at least 20 percent for the next two fiscal years. According to the budget document, the administrator favors a renewal of CHIP, a program created 20 years ago for the children of lower-working class families and which currently insures 5.6 million children.

The spending plan would, however, eliminate an element of the Affordable Care Act that increased by 23 percent the portion of the program’s costs that is paid for with federal money, leaving states to shoulder a larger share. It would also for the first time essentially limit states’ eligibility levels to qualify, saying that the government would no longer help cover children from families with incomes of more than 250 percent of the federal poverty level. Currently, 18 states plus the District of Columbia allow families with incomes higher than 300 percent of the poverty line to sign up their children for CHIP, according to data from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The Trump budget asks for cuts to several key programs at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which responds to disease outbreaks in the United States and around the world, makes sure food and water are safe, and helps people avoid heart disease, cancer, stroke and other leading causes of death.

The president's budget seeks an $82 million cut at the center that works on vaccine-preventable and respiratory diseases, such as influenza and measles. It proposes a cut of $186 million from programs at CDC’s center on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted infections and tuberculosis prevention. One of the biggest cuts, $222 million, is to the agency’s chronic disease prevention programs, which are designed to help people prevent diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and obesity.

Some of those funds are being channeled into a new $500 million block grant program to states and territories to focus on “leading chronic disease challenges specific to each state.” Critics have said block grants allow states to plug holes in their budgets, without accountability that federal programs require.

The agency’s center on birth defects and developmental disabilities also gets a 26 percent cut to its budget at a time when researchers have yet to understand the full consequences of Zika infections in pregnant women and their babies.

The budget calls for a 17 percent cut to CDC’s global health programs that monitor and respond to disease outbreaks around the world. It also cuts about 10 percent from CDC’s office of public health preparedness and response.

The budget document highlights $35 million that the CDC spends on childhood lead poisoning prevention. But the overall spending on environmental health would under Trump's plan be cut by $60 million, down to $157 million, according the document.

Trump administration officials have also proposed the establishment of an Emergency Response Fund to respond quickly to emerging public health threats. In the wake of the Ebola and Zika epidemics, U.S. officials have repeatedly called for the need for such a fund. The budget does not provide a specific amount. It says HHS would have “department-wide transfer authority to support the Fund in the case of a natural or man-made disaster or threat.” The fund would be available to receive a transfer of up to one percent of any HHS account, without any limitation on the total, for use in emergency preparedness and response.

The Food and Drug Administration would see a cut from $2.74 billion to $1.89 billion. User fees paid by manufacturers of drugs, devices and other products would be increased by close to $1 billion to pay for product reviews.

Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, the chairman of the health committee, has said he does not want to reopen negotiations with the industry over fees that it pays to support FDA activities, as the Trump administration has previously suggested. His committee recently approved legislation that ignores the administration request.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/05/22/trump-budget-seeks-huge-cuts-to-disease-prevention-and-medical-research-departments/?utm_term=.b8dd2d057be5
Buy more ammo!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 9:20pm
See Donald dance....see Donald dance with Wahhibist sponsors of 9/11 attacks and ISIS....

CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 9:48pm
LOL !

when Trump isn't dancing with Wahhibist sponsors of 9/11 attacks

he's dancing FOR Putin

and Trumps budget is yet ANOTHER campaign LIE
he promised not to gut the social safety net
needless to say his budget does EXACTLY that

a LYING LIAR who tells nothing but LIES
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 9:56pm
ya can't make this stuff up
Trump is searching for outside legal counsel to deal with his Russian problem thingy

HIGH on the list
is Marc Kaspwitz
guess who one  of this guys clients was?

the LARGEST state owned bank in RUSSIA
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 10:17pm
filed under You Can't Make This Stuff UP

Trump's Russia Lawyer Is Defending a Russian Bank Accused Of Conspiring With Putin

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/23/1665455/-Trump-s-Russia-Lawyer-Is-Defending-a-Russian-Bank-Accused-Of-Conspiring-With-Putin

time for Trump to dance wit Puty AGAIN 

corrupt oligarchs have to stick together don't ya know
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2017 at 5:58pm

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/25/1666037/-There-is-no-1-trillion-Trump-infrastructure-plan-and-there-never-was

one good thing about Trump
he only lies on days of the week that end in Y

his infrastructure plan NEVER existed
kinda like his 30 day plan to take down ISIS
and his plan to end all violence in the inner cities and I quote "it would be EASY ,oh so EASY"

face facts America
the guy is a fraud and a farce
a snake in a suit
a TV evangelist without the good hair
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 6:13am

LOL !

when Trump isn't dancing with Wahhibist sponsors of 9/11 attacks

he's dancing FOR Putin

and Trumps budget is yet ANOTHER campaign LIE
he promised not to gut the social safety net
needless to say his budget does EXACTLY that

a LYING LIAR who tells nothing but LIES

Here's a great article about the Wahhabists and Trump: 

The United States has now signed up for Saudi Arabia’s foreign policy — a relentless series of battles against Shiites and their allies throughout the Middle East. That will enmesh Washington in a never-ending sectarian struggle, fuel regional instability and complicate its ties with countries such as Iraq that want good relations with both sides. But most important, it will do nothing to address the direct and ongoing threat to Americans — jihadist terrorism. I thought that Trump’s foreign policy was going to put America first, not Saudi Arabia.

CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 1:37pm

Trump's Approach To The Opioid Epidemic: Neglect Treatment, Ignore The Experts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-approach-opioid-epidemic-213456630.html

tragic

the areas where the opioid problem is the worst

are areas that voted for Trump

oh well......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic