Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Medical Intervention & Prevention
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Vitamin E against Influenza, Cytokines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floridian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamin E against Influenza, Cytokines
    Posted: January 02 2006 at 12:56pm
Came across some research that shows that vitamin E reduces the amount of virus in the lungs of animals infected with influenza A and B, and reduces TNF and IL-1, two chemicals associated with the 'cytokine storm.' 

While vitamin E has not been tested on H5N1 infections in humans, this seems to be a safe therapy that might be of value in humans infected with H5N1, which is a type of influenza A.

More information at:

http://www.med-owl.com/herbal-antivirals/tiki-index.php?page =Vitamin+E

Edited by floridian
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 2:45pm

[snip]

Thus, among the antioxidants tested, only vitamin E was effective in reducing pulmonary viral titers and preventing an influenza-mediated decrease in food intake and weight loss. Other dietary antioxidant supplementations that reduced one or more measures of oxidative stress (4-hydroxynonenal, malondialdehyde, and hydrogen peroxide) did not have an effect on viral titer, which suggests that, in addition to its antioxidant activity, other mechanisms might be involved in vitamin E's beneficial effect on lowering viral titer and preventing weight loss.

[\snip]

link

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 2:49pm

Thanks Floridian for bringing this to our attention!!  A new shipment of d-tocopherol (natural vitamin E) should be arriving today or tomorrow...this is good news.

Debi

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 7:43am

Vitamin E is great for the flu. I ran across this research done with mice that I placed in my book.

But, I also found this" Selenium is an anti-oxidant that works well in combination with zinc and other anti-oxidants (such as E) to help reduce the symptoms of influenza. "

This is not true, never take selenium with zinc together, they fight for absorption and then both become placebos.

Remember selenium and E (works synergistically) or C and E and zinc and C; but never zinc and selenium or within 3 hours of one another.

Edited by KillerFlu.net
road2completion View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote road2completion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 4:31pm
Even better is  Tumeric as it stops the Bird Flu and keeps your body from going into a cytokine storm.

This info is listed in the US medical research journals.

One a day is all you need and they cost about $15.00 a bottle from a health food store.

If everyone took it, there would be no need for forced vaccinations so tell everyone you can find.  Because you don't want take their "vaccinations" that will acutually get you sick with the bird flu.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 4:36pm

Thanks for the information & welcome aboard Road2!

Tumeric, also known as Curcumin.

Shows significant anti-inflammatory properties.  Should be combined with peperine to maximize bio availability.

Not a silver bullet, but might be a valuable assist.  If interested there is some extensive information on this at WWW.LEF.ORG

I take this supplement daily, and it is also in my flu preps in great abundance.

Edited by SophiaZoe
road2completion View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote road2completion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 4:36pm
Also make sure the Tumeric has  95% Curcumin that is the active ingredient for protection from the bird flu. (Not the grocery store kind but the health food grade of Tumeric wth 95% Curcuminoids).
I take one a day.

Marjo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:35am
Hi!

I use curcumin when I prepare Indian curries.
How much should one take to get these beneficial effects??

Marjo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:52am

I suggested that 95-percent standardized extract of Curcumin which may help against a cytokines storm. This extract is the active anti-inflammatory agent found in the spice turmeric, which inhibits the activity of the 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase enzymes, blocking the synthesis of pro-inflammatory eicosanoids (PG-2, LTB-4). (Mazumder et al. 1995; Kang et al. 1999).

Suggested dosage (or equivalent): Take four 900-mg capsules once per day. You may also take this several times a day, but do not exceed 1,000-mg.

Please Read: Author: Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, Majeed M, Rajendran R, Srinivas PS
Source: Planta Med. 1998; 64(4):353-356.

Abstract:

The medicinal properties of curcurnin obtained from Curcuma longa L. cannot be utilized because of poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. In this study, the effect of combining piperine, a known inhibitor of hepatic and intestinal glucuronidation, was evaluated on the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy human volunteers. When curcumin was given alone, in the dose 2 g/kg to rats, moderate serum concentrations were achieved over a period of 4 h. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg/kg increased the serum concentration of curcumin for a short period of 1-2 h post drug. Time to maximum was significantly increased (P < 0.02) while elimination half life and clearance significantly decreased (P < 0.02), and the bioavailability was increased by 154%. On the other hand in humans after a dose of 2 g curcumin alone, serum levels were either undetectable or very low. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg produced much higher concentrations from 0.25 to 1 h post drug (P < 0.01 at 0.25 and 0.5 h; P < 0.001 at 1 h), the increase in bioavailability was 2000%. The study shows that in the dosages used, piperine enhances the serum concentration, extent of absorption and bioavailability of curcumin in both rats and humans with no adverse effects.  

Also note: Turmeric (Curcuma botanical group) a part of the ginger family of herbs, the Zingiberaceae is showing promise against this deadly disease. Read more here!

Edited by KillerFlu.net
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 10:37am
Originally posted by KillerFlu.net KillerFlu.net wrote:

Vitamin E is great for the flu. I ran across this research done with mice that I placed in my book.

But, I also found this" Selenium is an anti-oxidant that works well in combination with zinc and other anti-oxidants (such as E) to help reduce the symptoms of influenza. "

This is not true, never take selenium with zinc together, they fight for absorption and then both become placebos.

Remember selenium and E (works synergistically) or C and E and zinc and C; but never zinc and selenium or within 3 hours of one another.

Added info:

Poor Nutrition May Give Rise to Deadlier Viruses

Human influenza virus, which has passed through laboratory mice raised on a diet deficient in the antioxidant selenium, mutates and emerges from the mice more virulent than before.14-Jun-01 For more Details University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, exposed groups of laboratory mice with normal and selenium-deficient diets to the mild human influenza A Bangkok strain. Selenium-deficient mice were found to have more severe cases of flu than those given adequate selenium in their feed. Examination of the viral strains revealed that 29 bases had mutated in the selenium-deficient mice, whereas there were no mutations in the strains from selenium-adequate mice. The researchers suggest that the discovery demonstrates a unique mechanism by which viruses can mutate and highlights the importance of antioxidant protection against viral diseases. Selenium is a component of glutathione perioxidase, an antioxidant enzyme that is used by the body to fight oxidative stress, and is found in meat and grains, such as wheat and rice. The authors envisage that most people in developed countries would not need to supplement their diet to maintain adequate levels of the mineral. However, there is a definite public health concern as the emergence of new viral strains may give rise to more serious epidemics in the developing world. Associate professor Melinda Beck said, ‘We believe our latest findings are both important and potentially disturbing because they suggest nutritional deficiencies can promote epidemics in a way not appreciated before.’ Beck added, ‘We looked at flu because it hospitalizes more than 100,000 people each year in the United States alone. But what we found conceivably could be true for any RNA virus – cold virus, AIDS virus and Ebola virus. ’FASEB Journal 2001; 15:1481-1483 Contact: Melinda A Beck, University of North Carolina.

Edited by KillerFlu.net
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 3:20pm

Yuk!  I have tried several times to take Selenium but I never seem to be able to force myself beyond one day.  It is such a beneficial supplement but ee-gads the repeat is awful.

April, have you ever taken it?  Anyone out there?  Is there one type that isn't prone to this?

D.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 4:09pm

Hello everyone, I have a ton of homework to get done tonight for my college. So I will answer as soon as I can. I love to answer questions and I love even more to learn. I hope to help you all as you have helped me. April

PS - I buy Vitamin World's Selenium and it goes down well, but then again I can take anything and it doesn't bother me! I only buy from the best quality from Vitacost.com, Vitamin World and sometimes GNC (in that order) all have good quality for the cost.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 4:18pm

Marjo, my Curcumin is 900 mg & I take it twice a day when I am diligent about morning and night dosage.  There is no recommended daily allowance.  But I think somewhere along the line I have seen that the culinary spice is healthful too but just not as concentrated a dose.

I have had arthritis in my back for years and I am also a cancer survivor.  Curcumin is a star of a supplement for both of these conditions because of its anti-inflammatory properties.  It is this property that recommends it for H5N1.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 6:26pm

Dear Road to Completion,
I see you wrote that tumeric "stops the bird flu and keeps your body from going into cytokine storm."

Please site medical/scientific evidence for this and please be specific.

There's a huge difference between calming a symptom and curing a deadly virus.

I hope in the future when someone has a "cure" for avian flu that they would back up their statements with well documented evidence from a reliable source.

If this is to be a valuable site we must be credible.

Some of the things I have read here are just plain nutty.
Some people will actually go out and buy these "cures" and then possibly think that they are invincible.

Thanks!

Mary Kay RN
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:15pm

MK,

Had you bothered to look it up you would not have found it nessessary to lash RoadToCompletion.  I realize that modern medicine is the be-all-end-all but where will it be when we need it?

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrug s/cur_0087.shtml

MECHANISM OF ACTION

The curcuminoids have been found to have a number of antioxidant activities, including scavenging of such reactive oxygen species as superoxide anions and hydrogen peroxide, inhibition of lipid peroxidation and inhibition of the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL). The reduced derivative of curcumin, tetrahydrocurcumin, has been found to have even stronger antioxidant activity. Tetrahydrocurcumin may be formed from curcumin following ingestion; however, this is unclear.

The possible anticarcinogenic activity of curcumin and the other curcuminoids may be accounted for by a few mechanisms. These include inhibition of angiogenesis, upregulation of apoptosis, interference with certain signal transduction pathways that are critical for cell growth and proliferation, inhibition of colonic mucosa cyclooxygenase (COX) and lipoxygenase (LOX) activities and inhibition of farnesyl protein transferase. In addition to its possible activity in preventing malignant transformation and inhibiting tumor growth, curcumin may have antimetastatic potential, as well. In this regard, curcumin has been found to inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-9 in a human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line. The possible anticarcinogenic activity of the curcuminoids may be attributed, at least in part, to their ability to inhibit activation of the transcription factors NF-KappaB and AP-1. Curcuminoids have also been found to target the fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) angiogenic signaling pathway and inhibit expression of gelatinase B in the angiogenic process.

In the final analysis, the curcuminoids' antioxidant activity may underlie many of the above mechanisms. Reactive oxygen species (ROS) can activate AP-1 and NF-KappaB. Further, FGF-2 induces AP-1 activation via ROS produced through NADPH oxidase. The curcuminoids, acting as antioxidants, may interfere with the ability of FGF-2 to stimulate AP-1, and they may generally inhibit the activation of NF-KappaB and AP-1.

The possible anti-inflammatory activity of the curcuminoids may also be accounted for by several mechanisms, including inhibition of COX and LOX, reduction of the release of ROS by stimulated neutrophils, inhibition of AP-1 and NF-KappaB, and inhibition of the activation of the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF (tumor necrosis factor) -alpha and IL (interleukin)-1 beta.

Curcumin has modest anti HIV-1 activity. It has been found to inhibit HIV-1 and HIV-2 proteases, HIV-1 LTR (long terminal repeat)-directed gene expression, Tat-mediated transactivation of HIV-1-LTR and HIV-1 integrase. All of these actions have been demonstrated in vitro. There is no evidence that curcumin or the other curcuminoids significantly inhibit the replication of HIV-1 in vivo. The mechanism of the possible hypocholesterolemic effect of the curcuminoids is unclear.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:30pm

One last one and then I think I have provided enough information if you choose to investigate further why Curcumin was recommended by RtC.

https://enzy.com/abstracts/display.asp?id=1961

Medical Abstract Title:

Curcumin Inhibition of Inflammatory Cytokine Production by Human Peripheral Blood Monocytes and Alveolar Macrophages

Author:

Abe Y, Hashimoto S, Horie T

Source:

Pharmacol Res. 1999;39:41-47.

Abstract:

Curcumin, a dietary pigment responsible for the yellow colour of curry, has been used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and exhibits a variety of pharmacological effects such as anti-inflammatory activity. The mechanism in anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin has been investigated; however, little is known about the effect of curcumin on cytokine production by human peripheral blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages. In the present study, we shed light on the effect of curcumin on inflammatory cytokine production by human peripheral blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages. To this end, we determined the concentrations of interleukin-8 (IL-8), monocyte inflammatory protein-1(MIP-1alpha), monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta), and tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in the culture supernatants from phorbor ester, 4beta phorbor 12beta-myristate-13alpha acetate (PMA)- or lipo-polysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated monocytes and alveolar macrophages in the presence or absence of curcumin. Curcumin inhibited the production of IL-8, MIP-1alpha, MCP-1, IL-1beta, and TNF-alpha by PMA- or LPS-stimulated monocytes and alveolar macrophages in a concentration- and a time-dependent manner. These results show that curcumin exhibits an inhibitory effect on the production of IL-8, MIP-1alpha, MCP-1, IL-1beta, and TNF-alpha by PMA- or LPS-stimulated monocytes and alveolar macrophages.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 10:24pm
Sophia, OUCH!
RTC didn't "recommend" tumeric, he said it would, quote "stop bird flu," A BIG DIFFERENCE.

All I asked is that he back up his statement with evidence. It certainly wasn't a "lashing." jeeze!

Do you think we should just believe everything we read on this site?
Are we not allowed to question some of these bizzare cures?

BTW, he never named a research journal specifically, so there wasn't anything to read, as you chastised me for not reading his article.
Anyone can say there are US research journal articles, but if you can't name them, what evidence is that?

The ref. you used in no way stated it cured bird flu. Just wasn't there. I read the entire article.

I've heard all kinds of cures from hypothermia to vitamins to spices, but not one word of proof of anyone ever being cured by them.

If this site is to be credible it must provide well documented evidence when making claims of cures.
Make sense?

Mary Kay RN

Edited by Mary Kay
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:10am

Originally posted by Mary Kay Mary Kay wrote:

Sophia, OUCH!
RTC didn't "recommend" tumeric, he said it would, quote "stop bird flu," A BIG DIFFERENCE.

All I asked is that he back up his statement with evidence. It certainly wasn't a "lashing." jeeze!

Do you think we should just believe everything we read on this site?
Are we not allowed to question some of these bizzare cures?

BTW, he never named a research journal specifically, so there wasn't anything to read, as you chastised me for not reading his article.
Anyone can say there are US research journal articles, but if you can't name them, what evidence is that?

The ref. you used in no way stated it cured bird flu. Just wasn't there. I read the entire article.

I've heard all kinds of cures from hypothermia to vitamins to spices, but not one word of proof of anyone ever being cured by them.

If this site is to be credible it must provide well documented evidence when making claims of cures.
Make sense?

Mary Kay RN

Mary, no one will be able to give solid medical evidence of any kind until after this virus becomes a pandemic, as all medical documentation. Almost all “pharmaceutical drugs” are made from natural products such as: aspirin, cholesterol lowering drugs, Tamiflu, etc…

With that said I am not impressed by titles of Doctor or RN, unless they can think outside the box. Many "regular folk" know more than the RNs and Doctors in the US. Now in other countries this is not so. I am surprised that you say that many have given “medical” claims and no evidence to back up their statements, this I do not understand, we all do; unless I missed something?.

I feel most of the US medical community seems to be brainwashed into thinking that “outside help” can not help. (Cover-ups) Pharmaceutical companies want to dismiss these findings because they would make much less money and or could no longer be legally able to sell them. I know I am pharmaceutical sales certified and I have worked in the healthcare field for over 10 years. However, I believe in blended medicine and this means I believe in all forms of healing.

Case in point however off the medical subject. In the dental field we are told amalgams or silver fillings are A OK to have in our heads. Yet, one dental amalgam taken out of your mouth and thrown into a 10 acre pond would be contaminated for 10 or more years to include all the fish. Years ago because the government had no agency to govern the “silver or amalgam” fillings and they were banned after extensive evidence showed that they were toxic for humans (and still to this day they are banned in many countries). So the SAME people who patented the amalgam found the loophole in the law and formed the ADA (American Dental Association (ADA)) to say otherwise and govern the dental field. They then claimed it was safe and now OVERNIGHT the government had to agree due to they were the authority on the matter. If the government now turned around and said that it was unsafe we could sue the government and almost every dentist in the US, so this will never happen. However this is the way it works, especially when it has money involved. (I bet you did not know that - why becuase they do not what you to - cover-ups) As a note the first person to get a "silver" filling I believe in Paris got altimerz disease (SP?) along with many others and this was the first time this disease was found.

I have been very busy with college work and launching a new product so I have to been able to come to this site and see what has been going on, however I want you to know one has been known to work in a study; see below:

Black Elderberry: (Sambucol) A study in Israel in 1995 showed its effective against fighting the flu; It does so by increasing the production of inflammatory cytokines like IL-1, IL-6, and TNF. (citation also below) the

clinical trial in Israel showed that a preparation not only ended cases of the flu within three days, but increased antibody production. (I believe all these studies have been conducted on Natures Way Sambucol)

The effect of Sambucol, a black elderberry-based, natural product, on the production of human cytokines: I. Inflammatory cytokines.

Barak V, Halperin T, Kalickman I.

Immunology Laboratory for Tumor Diagnosis, Department of Oncology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel.

Sambucus nigra L. products - Sambucol - are based on a standardized black elderberry extract. They are natural remedies with antiviral properties, especially against different strains of influenza virus. Sambucol was shown to be effective in vitro against 10 strains of influenza virus. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study, Sambucol reduced the duration of flu symptoms to 3-4 days. Convalescent phase serum showed a higher antibody level to influenza virus in the Sambucol group, than in the control group. The present study aimed to assess the effect of Sambucol products on the healthy immune system - namely, its effect on cytokine production. The production of inflammatory cytokines was tested using blood - derived monocytes from 12 healthy human donors. Adherent monocytes were separated from PBL and incubated with different Sambucol preparations i.e., Sambucol Elderberry Extract, Sambucol Black Elderberry Syrup, Sambucol Immune System and Sambucol for Kids. Production of inflammatory cytokines (IL-1 beta, TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-8) was significantly increased, mostly by the Sambucol Black Elderberry Extract (2-45 fold), as compared to LPS, a known monocyte activator (3.6-10.7 fold). The most striking increase was noted in TNF-alpha production (44.9 fold). We conclude from this study that, in addition to its antiviral properties, Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulations activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Sambucol might therefore be beneficial to the immune system activation and in the inflammatory process in healthy individuals or in patients with various diseases. Sambucol could also have an immunoprotective or immunostimulatory effect when administered to cancer or AIDS patients, in conjunction with chemotherapeutic or other treatments. In view of the increasing popularity of botanical supplements, such studies and investigations in vitro, in vivo and in clinical trials need to be developed.

PMID: 11399518 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

RESEARCH

A variety of research data from studies conducted around the world have proven Sambucol® to be effective in shortening the duration of the flu and lessening flu symptoms. Below are some research highlights:

Effect of Sambucol® on several strains of Influenza virus

Sambucol®, a standardized extract, is a preparation based on the berries of the black elder, used as herbal remedy for influenza virus infections. It contains a potent antiviral compound, AntiVirin® as well as a high amount of three flavonoids (Bronnum-Hansen and Hansen, 1983). The flavonoids are naturally occurring plant antioxidants.

Laboratory Tests

Sambucol® reduced hemagglutination and inhibited replication of human influenza virus type A, type B and animal strains from swine and turkeys in cell cultures.

Clinical Study

A double-blind placebo-controlled clinical study was conducted during an outbreak of influenza B Panama. A significant improvement of the symptoms, including fever, was seen in 93.3% of the cases in Sambucol® treated group within 2 days. A complete cure was achieved within 2 to 3 days in nearly 90% of the Sambucol® treated group and within at least 6 days in the placebo group. "Inhibition of Several Strains of Influenza Virus in Vitro and Reduction of Symptoms by an Elderberry Extract (Sambucus nigra L) during an Outbreak of Influenza B Panama", Z. Zakay-Rones et al. J. Alt Compl Med 1:361-369;1995.

other studies also, but lost the info.

Edited by KillerFlu.net
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:39am
Killerflu, quoting you,...."no one will be able to give solid medical evidence of any kind until after this virus becomes a pandemic"....

Of course, the virus needs to mutate to H2H to be a "pandemic virus."

If a scientist then finds a "cure" they could prove it by factual scientific EVIDENCE.

This is a no brainer.

All I was saying is if one claims that something will "STOP the bird flu" then you need to back up your statement with scientific F A C T S.

"Nuff said.

www.planforflu.com is an excellent site for info/lists to prepare.

Mary Kay RN

Edited by Mary Kay
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:09am

MK,

That quote you credited to me was from KillerFlu (April).

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 6:02am

Hello everyone, I am making my alternative flu heath list and checking it twice. I have to get in a college paper and then I will show you my alternative list. However, I am sure that many know more than me, lots of smarties on this site! April

koolsteve View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 12:22am
what natural foods have vitamen E in them?
ninjas rule
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:02pm

koolsteve,

Please Google your question.  We are not here to lead people around by the nose.

koolsteve View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 12:04am
that hurts zoe,  that hurts real bad.
ninjas rule
Deej View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:23am

koolsteve,

veggie oils, nuts- dry roasted almonds ,peanuts, green leafy veggies, fortified cereals, peanut butter... hope this helps

dee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic