Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel presents Trump with claims of Russia hacking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Intel presents Trump with claims of Russia hacking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel presents Trump with claims of Russia hacking
    Posted: January 10 2017 at 2:31pm
(CNN)Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.
The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.
The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.
    One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.
    These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.
    The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.
    Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."
    CNN has confirmed that the synopsis was included in the documents that were presented to Mr. Trump but cannot confirm if it was discussed in his meeting with the intelligence chiefs.
    The Trump transition team declined repeated requests for comment.
    CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.
    Some of the memos were circulating as far back as last summer. What has changed since then is that US intelligence agencies have now checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough to include some of the information in the presentations to the President and President-elect a few days ago.
    On the same day that the President-elect was briefed by the intelligence community, the top four Congressional leaders, and chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees -- the so-called "Gang of Eight" -- were also provided a summary of the memos regarding Mr. Trump, according to law enforcement, intelligence and administration sources.
    The two-page summary was written without the detailed specifics and information about sources and methods included in the memos by the former British intelligence official. That said, the synopsis was considered so sensitive it was not included in the classified report about Russian hacking that was more widely distributed, but rather in an annex only shared at the most senior levels of the government: President Obama, the President-elect, and the eight Congressional leaders.
    CNN has also learned that on December 9, Senator John McCain gave a full copy of the memos -- dated from June through December, 2016 -- to FBI Director James Comey. McCain became aware of the memos from a former British diplomat who had been posted in Moscow. But the FBI had already been given a set of the memos compiled up to August 2016, when the former MI6 agent presented them to an FBI official in Rome, according to national security officials.
    The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.
    Spokespeople for the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence declined to comment. Officials who spoke to CNN declined to do so on the record given the classified nature of the material.
    Some of the allegations were first reported publicly in Mother Jones one week before the election.
    One high level administration official told CNN, "I have a sense the outgoing administration and intelligence community is setting down the pieces so this must be investigated seriously and run down. I think [the] concern was to be sure that whatever information was out there is put into the system so it is evaluated as it should be and acted upon as necessary."

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
    carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 2:36pm
    as Jackdad said ,

they got info on everyone

just biding their time to turn the screws.....
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
    CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
    Expert Level Adviser
    Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 5:31pm
    Google "Trump golden shower"  LOL

What a freakin' idiot, I'm sorry if any of the AFT posters I've come to know and like got sucked into this guy's con game.  

This likely will not end well for the USA.  
    CRS, DrPH
    carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 7:33pm
    Funny how some seem to have gone very quiet!!!!!!

Marcus Aurelius
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 8:01pm
    "Growing Backlash In Kremlin" about Election Interference

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...n-Interference

"Following is the summary of a memo about Russian state reaction to the public revelations of Russian interference in the election. It comes from before the election. Presidential Press Secretary Dmitry Sergeyevich Peskov is described as “scared *****less” that he would be blamed for the mess.

RUSSIA/USA: GROWING BACKLASH IN KREMLIN TO DNC HACKING AND TRUMP SUPPORT OPERATIONS

Summary

Head of PA IVANOV laments Russian intervention in US presidential election and black PR against CLINTON and the DNC. Vows not to supply intelligence to Kremlin PR operatives again. Advocates now sitting tight and denying everything
    Presidential spokesman PESKOV the main protagonist in Kremlin campaign to aid TRUMP and damage CLINTON. He is now scared and fears being made scapegoat by leadership for backlash in US. Problem compounded by his botched intervention in recent Turkish crisis
    Premier MEDEVEDEV's office furious over DNC hacking and associated anti-Russian publicity. Want good relations with US and ability to travel there. Refusing to support or help cover up after PESKOV
    Talk now in Kremlin of TRUMP withdrawing from presidential race altogether, but this still largely wishful thinking by more liberal elements in Moscow"

Trump is proving to be like herpes
    the gift that just keeps on givingLOL
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 8:55pm
    Hey, everyone has secrets and when anyone enters public office you better figure someone is going to hit you with something.

I think there are things we all have that we would prefer no one knew I suspect Trump is no different. Look at Obama he closed a lot of information on his past!

Let's not even mention Bill Clinton his past is so bad I am surprised he even was elected!

So if Trump is proving to have Herpes, Clinton and Obama have full blown AIDS!
    jacksdad View Drop Down
    Executive Admin
    Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 11:30pm
    Can't take credit for that one, carbon. Chuck was the one who connected the dots. I just happen to think he's absolutely right.

You had to get me to Google that, didn't you Chuck? LOL

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
    "Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
    carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 3:26am
    Why are people taking the side of the Russians,and not backing the people who have your backs!!!!!!
    I find that real strange.....

Marcus Aurelius
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 3:58am
    Why are people taking the side of the Russians,and not backing the people who have your backs!!!!!!
    I find that real strange.....

very strange indeed
    Republicans,so called conservatives,even Tea Party types have become enthusiastic supporters of our main adversary and of Putin who is quasi dictator and brutal thug

whose side are they on ?
    VERY disturbing

very strange
    CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
    Expert Level Adviser
    Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 11:53am
    Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Can't take credit for that one, carbon. Chuck was the one who connected the dots. I just happen to think he's absolutely right.

You had to get me to Google that, didn't you Chuck? LOL

Actually, one of my contacts in the GRU (Russian military intelligence) provided me with the videos of Trump taking a shower in the Moscow hotel!! 

When I post them, I'll post them to AFT first!!  Clap
    CRS, DrPH
    jacksdad View Drop Down
    Executive Admin
    Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 11:56am
    That's okay, Chuck. I'll pass
    "Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 1:24pm
    One way or the other, Donald Trump is a liar—here is documented proof
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1...cumented-proof

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!
    7:31 AM - 11 Jan 2017

"And Trump’s own son bragged of the Russian investments into the Trump organization in 2008:

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

that's just a taste

this story is gonna be a whole lot bigger than anyone thought
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 2:27pm
    thin skinned narcissistic Trump lost it today and attacked CNN for being "fake news"
    wasn't Trump a "birther" for the longest time?
    so he should know fake news when he sees itStick Out Tongue

Fox News Defends Rival CNN Against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ Claim
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-de...213951823.html

he's not even stained the White House carpet with a golden shower yetLOL
    and already he's made powerful enemies of the media and intelligence services
    it's gonna be a LONG 4 years
    (2 years if he gets impeachedWink )

I think that at this point
    even Trump supporters are starting to have buyers remorse
    this guy is UNHINGED
    he has no boundaries and no emotional control

Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 2:54pm
    dog pile!!!

BBC: Multiple sources say Russians blackmailing Trump with sex tapes

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...with-sex-tapes

"“The rumors or the allegations or whatever you want to call them have been circulating for a number of months now,” Wood explained. “I saw the report, compiled by the former British intelligence officer, back in October. He is not, and this is the crucial thing, the only source for this.”

"“It’s very, very difficult, of course, to talk to US intelligence people. They’re breaking the law if they talk to you but I did ask somebody with connections in the CIA to pass a message to them, and I got a message back that there was allegedly more than one tape, not just video, but audio as well, on more than one date, in more than one place, in both Moscow and St. Petersburg.”

poor Trumpenfuhrer EEK!
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 4:13pm
    Trump does indeed know all about fake news
    after all he has sponsored it

Disgraced Ambush Filmmaker O'Keefe Gets Owned By Progressive

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/01/ok...r-riots-trumps

" Is it any surprise that James O'Keefe was Donald Trump's personal guest at the final presidential debate"
    CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
    Expert Level Adviser
    Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 5:18pm
    I can only imagine what is on Putin's shopping list: 

a) the rest of Ukraine 

b) the dismemberment of NATO 

c) US military and technology secrets

Trump is stupid enough to hand all of those over to him, because Putin "thinks he's smart."  

CRS, DrPH
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 10:17pm
    path to war ?
    and people were worried about HillaryLOL

Rex Tillerson Says China Should Be Denied Access to Islands in the South China Sea

http://time.com/4632393/donald-trump-rex-tillerson-south-china-sea/

Johnray1 View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2017 at 8:10pm
    Remember that "our" intelligence agencies were lying in the first gulf war when they reported that babies were being killed in incubators in Iraq and they were lying in the second Gulf war when they said that Iraq had WMD, they report what ever they are told to report. So, why do you believe them now? Johnray1 
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2017 at 8:28pm
    the best evidence is Trump himself
    for the longest time it was DENY DENY DENY wasn't it?
    him and ALL his surrogates

then...
    within 24 hours he TOTALLY reversed his position didn't he?
    he OBVIOUSLY saw some evidence that changed his mind

headline on my states leading newspaper today

TRUMP ADMITS RUSSIAN HACKING

take it from Trump HIMSELF !
    Technophobe View Drop Down
    Assistant Admin
    Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 3:31am
    Actually, it was an ex British agent that leaked the Russian sex-tape allegations.  

Now ours are just as dishonest as yours, but usually for reasons of "national security" not personal gain.  For this reason, and for the fact that Trump seems to lie whenever the mood takes him, I suspect the allegations are true, or, at the very least, believed to be so by the security forces, yours and ours.
    How do you tell if a politician is lying?
    His lips or pen are moving.
    jacksdad View Drop Down
    Executive Admin
    Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 8:43am
    I do find it interesting that a dossier decried as fake news by Trump has managed to circulate around Washington for several months now. If Trump is correct, it seems that something of this nature should have been dismissed long ago, instead of now being the subject of intelligence briefings for both Trump and Obama, as well as high ranking Democrats and Republicans.

Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 9:23am
    now TRump is screaming on Twitter that he is going to be releasing some big expose on the whole matter within 90 days

why so long?

and of course he said last week that on Wednesday he had some startling revelations
    which of course he didn't reveal on Wednesday
    said he would release on last Friday
    and of course that didn't happen either
    Technophobe View Drop Down
    Assistant Admin
    Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 4:31pm
    Not wishing to defend Trump, whom I perceive as a deceiver having hoodwinked 1/2 of America, 90 days is easily explained.  That is when his team of researchers are due to deliver their verdict (weather or not they have got to the bottom of things yet).

As a point of interest, over this side of the pond, a public  inquiry can take decades and that is where a foreign power does not stand to benefit by concealing the results.  Even if you assume that our intelligence services are fantastically slow, 90 days is ridiculous.  The only ways in which you can guarantee that such an inquiry will conclude in a set period of time is if you have no intent of finding the answers or have already told the team what the result will be.
    How do you tell if a politician is lying?
    His lips or pen are moving.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic