Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Ice Storm on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ice Storm on the way
    Posted: January 11 2017 at 6:12pm
Well, I waited too long. I went tonight to get a loaf of bread and there wasn't any. I ended up getting hamburger buns, which will make a sandwich, if needed. I topped off my Jeep with gas. And bought a new hose to add some water to my pool so I can circulate the water when it gets to cold, my other hose would not go back on the faucet yesterday when I tried to put it on. So I guess I'm ready.
ozarkcountryboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 3:55pm
People around here don't have a brain.
I went to the store and everyone was buying fresh meat and milk
to prepare for the ice storm coming. The local news even told them
they will probably lose electrical power.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 8:55am
Yep, it's still raining back home. I think it is around a week of rain now for Northern CA. In Southern California,  it's been less consistent with random warm days. It was 80° , a few days ago.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 5:20am
Hachi is it still raining there? Isn't that about a week of rain now?
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 5:19am
I have not heard from FluMom. I know that they got a huge amount of snow last weekend when we got 3 or 4 inches, so I was wondering if they were getting hit hard this time too. Might be a day or two early also?
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2017 at 1:45am
Stay safe you guys. We're still getting it pretty bad in Northern California with the rain and flooding. A tree uprooted & fell on my sister's parked car yesterday too and on someone who drove past her's car. No injuries luckily. I'm so wary about trees for that reason.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 11:32pm
Stay safe, Penham. Have you heard from FluMom?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2017 at 7:22pm
We have a significant ice storm on the way this weekend, to last from Friday to Sunday. Prepared to lose electricity. I think the only thing I really need is a loaf of bread. We just got done with 2 days of snow last weekend. Why can't this crap happen during the week so we coud be off work? Today it was 70 degrees, tomorrow supposed to be 77.

FluMom, I was wondering if the storm has hit you yet? Are you getting snow or ice?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic