Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

February Prepping 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: February Prepping 2017
    Posted: February 05 2017 at 7:12am
Must be losing my mind, lol. I come on here everyday and failed to put up a February Prepping post and no one says anything, lol. I am really going to try to stock up on OTC meds this month, if I can find them. The flu is in full force here and the shelves are running low of any type of allergy and cough type meds. I went into the store yesterday to pick up some Benadryl, and nothing, no generic nothing. I will try again somewhere else today. I did pick up a few bottles of cough syrup, careful not to pick up too much of anything at a time, as it alerts the register and blah, blah, blah....

So what is everyone else working on this month?
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 10:34am
Yet another garage clean out (a serious one this time - the thrift store is loving me), and a reorganization of my preps and priorities. Call me cynical, but I'm getting a bad feeling about "things" (let's just leave it there before it gets messy and political) and need to reassess what I have. My water preps are horribly organized, and I could probably lose some dry preps to make space. There's really not much point in having dehydrated food and not enough water when I think about it.
Some of my dry preps probably need rotating out anyway to make sure they're going to be fresh if I should ever need them. I'll probably look into getting some mylar bags and oxygen absorbers in the next month or two.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 1:23pm
Jacksdad, I think we are having the same feelings...
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 1:30pm
Great minds... Big smile
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 10:05pm
In a year or two or five, I might be making an international move (to be closer to family), so I am slowly working on what to get rid of.  The trouble is there is a lot of stuff that I have, that while it would not be worth shipping could be worth having if things go bad before any move and I am stuck here.

I think that part of prepping is to clear out stuff we would never need  (gives us more space for what we need Wink ) - but I am bad at clearing out so this is progressing slowly.
Peaches View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peaches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2017 at 3:50am
look at Poleshift.ning.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic