Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Friends mourn sudden loss of MTSU student

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friends mourn sudden loss of MTSU student
    Posted: March 31 2017 at 5:17am
Updated: Mar 29, 2017 7:18 PM CDT

MURFREESBORO, TN (WSMV) -
The MTSU campus community is mourning the loss of junior psychology major Darren Sirikoun, who died of pneumonia last weekend.

Sirikoun’s friends told Channel 4 he had a bad cold for several weeks and was diagnosed with the flu March 21. He was admitted to the hospital and then developed pneumonia a few days later. Sirikoun died March 25.

“It was one of those things we didn’t understand then and we don’t understand now,” said friend Landon Clark. “He was one of the most humble, most caring people I’ve ever met in my life.”

Sirikoun grew up in Smyrna and was actively involved in his church and his fraternity at MTSU.

“He felt like he belonged and he definitely belonged with us,” said Phi Tau MTSU Vice President Alex Haller. “He was a great guy and he exemplified what it means to be a member of Phi Kappa Tau.”

The fraternity has started a GoFundMe account to help Sirikoun’s family pay for medical and funeral costs. A vigil will be held at Life Point Riverdale church in Murfreesboro Wednesday night at 8 p.m.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35027850/friends-mourn-sudden-loss-of-mtsu-student
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2017 at 8:43am
Hi Jen.
There was a piece on local radio about this year's flu deaths in San Diego, and one of the recent victims was 17 years old. Even the preppers among us tend to underestimate seasonal flu, but it can be deadly irrespective of age. Such a tragic loss of life so young.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2017 at 11:19am
Aw, that's so sad. :( I think I have another two years before I need my next Pnumonia shot.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2017 at 12:07pm
So sad for the parents! I know the empty feeling they have. I always tell my son to get to a doctor ASAP. This is not right that this child died!
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2017 at 2:55pm
alot of people have never had the "Flu" and when they get it they think they can fight it ,

stay in bed , the Flu can kill......

i had a bad flu about 8 weeks ago it took me a good 3 weeks to get over it........
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic