Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

World War 3 coming - Trump's Military Action

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World War 3 coming - Trump's Military Action
    Posted: April 07 2017 at 8:00am
It has not been quiet in the world. It is ironic that the most significant news as I have called it "The Real News" has been buried by the whining Democrats over a lost election. There will be no discovery that Trump was in league with Russia who got him in, a criminal, and then he can  be excommunicated - i.e. impeached as Hilary Clinton runs again to win for the alternate live style forces in an unprecedented election.

It's over Hillary. And despite a lot of blustering on a tough policy for what has been a ludicrous handling of foreign policy in Syria for the last 8 years - there is a  new kid in town. 

Trump is on the hit list. ISIS, illegal immigrants, and even terrorists backed by the U.S. in Syria - it's a new game.

There were no warm embraces or public meetings of Trump and Putin before cameras. Perhaps the Russians thought Trump would be a bumbling psychopath and stand back and do nothing as Russia and China continued to take advantage of a power vacuum created by the worry more about transsexual bathroom than the national security of our nation - worrying about LGBT - which is basically frowned on by the Christians who make up more than 70% of America.

Not meant to offend anyone - but America was not designed based on the extremist liberals - the constitution and our government was created to protect us against a mob mentality majority versus an intelligent governing group to balance in law and legislature a group-hanging-mob-mentality.

Moving right along - been a long time for me I have been so busy surviving and reading the insane false news for CNN - Washington Post - and a now partially reformed FOX network. Most of it was fantasy.

What is the real news - today and how will it effect you on foreign policy?

Our president has ordered an attack which was carried out on the Assad regime for using nerve gas on civilians. This is not the first time but we grow nearer to it being the last.  What happened?  It is pretty shocking.

So busy destroying families, legalizing killing the unborn until a point where it is murder in the last stages, they have forgotten the barbarians at the gates. This not Assad's first walk in the park at killing children.

Warning - this is a deeply disturbing video - this is the reality - the real news at to what has been happening in Syria for the last 4 years -

And despite the propaganda being pushed that that Sarin gas was an explosion set off by terrorists the attack was from jets in they sky - an air force delivering and bombing civilians with chemical weapons. This is an atrocity and a call to end the use of weapons of mass-destruction and stop their spread to unstable countries who will irresponsibly use them eventually on America as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ihtRk6vPY

Sarin gas - a terrible thing - how long will it be until it is used in America in a subway in a major city - and then - well that is the way it was - no action.

Today was different. Today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/07/donald-trump-launches-us-air-strikes-against-assad-regime-syria/

In remarks that could have come from George W. Bush’s or Hillary Clinton’s lips, Trump reminded the country Thursday night in a brief statement of the “horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians using a deadly nerve agent.” He continued:

It was a slow and brutal death for so many even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack. No child of God should ever suffer such horror. Tonight I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched. It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.

There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the U.N. Security Council. Years of previous attempts at changing Assad’s behavior have all failed and failed very dramatically. As a result the refugee crisis continues to deepen and the region continues to destabilize, threatening the United States and its allies.

comment: How will Russian and China respond to this?  Are we on the threshold of World War 3?  What good would it do?

One thing is for certain. Attacks against the innocents, devastation of Mosul and torturing and murder have been carried out throughout the last 8 years and nothing was done about it.

In one hour - something was.

Whatever label has been given to the U.S. president - it is actions that count beyond all the words - today we saw not a lawyer rambling on and saying nothing - I say - beyond all doubt - we saw a general - ordering his troops as the Commander-in-Chief to stop and show the world - we will act and make America - great again.

Medclinician

In closing I would say to the Muslims of the world - the U.S. is not your enemy - it is the radicals and extremists which are a small part and do so much damage. We can live together in peace - for there is little doubt that these children - the ones we are trying to protect - were Muslim. And as I watched this video - my heart ached and there were tears - for people not of my faith or country - who I love as well.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2017 at 8:48am
Breaking News - Dr broadcasting video from the scene of the attack - CWN - The Real News

"We urge you to put pressure on your governments to help us"

Medclinician

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2017 at 8:49am
Med - don't forget that the general you refer to got the job by default. When actually called to action, he obtained five deferments and avoided military service. Just saying.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Med - don't forget that the general you refer to got the job by default. When actually called to action, he obtained five deferments and avoided military service. Just saying.

There is what was and what is. The Apostle Paul in the Bible held the coats of those who stoned the martyr Stephen and persecuted and hunted Christians. If we do not allow people to change and respect they have - then what hope is there for any of us?

I am a veteran and served during Vietnam. What I see is someone who is trying strengthen our military and act. Hillary was not a veteran - Barack Obama never served - neither did Bill Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidents_of_the_United_States_by_military_rank

Most of our other recent presidents have - including JFK.

The presidency is responsibility which begins the day they are sworn into office. Notice there is no real news from Russia on this. 

https://www.rt.com/news/383895-us-airstrike-syria-reactions/

The US launched a missile strike on a Syrian airbase, killing at least six people, including civilians, and wounding several others. Reactions to the operation continue to roll in, with Russia condemning it while EU countries and others express support.

US President Donald Trump ordered the military strike on an airfield in Shayrat, near Homs, which resulted in a Friday pre-dawn attack in which 59 Tomahawk missiles were deployed. 

Washington claimed the strike was a response to an earlier alleged chemical attack in Syria’s Idlib, for which the US blamed the Syrian government.

Six MiG-23 fighter jets were destroyed in the operation, along with a material storage depot, a training facility, a canteen and a radar station, according to Russia's Ministry of Defense (MoD).

After watching RT videos of them launching cruise missiles perhaps it is time for one of our own -

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 1:52am
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/07/tony-shaffer-syria-airstrikes-message-trump-sent-syria-russia-iran-china-others

The Trump administration's airstrikes on a Syrian air base show our allies and adversaries that there's been a "paradigm shift" in U.S. foreign policy, according to Tony Shaffer.

Shaffer, a retired lieutenant colonel and intelligence expert, said on "Your World" today that we finally have a commander-and-chief who's willing to take action in President Trump.

"The Obama administration, to a fault, removed military capabilities from any negotiation," Shaffer said. "I think that gave the State Department a huge disadvantage."

He said that last night's airstrikes sent a clear message to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his allies Russia and Iran that "the game has changed."

comment: There has been a profound change in media in the last 72 hours concerning Donald Trump. Although there are the lingering nagging whining far left liberals crying out the Syrian airstrike was illegal and unlawful - it was completely legal and finally we have a Commander-In-Chief at the helm of the American nation as i posted earlier.

The last eight years have been a time of boldface lies from the executive branch on downward. There was no elimination of chemical weapons in Syria. They are still there - still usable and we found the smoking gun with satellite. Storage facilities for them which means it was Assad who ordered them and his air-force that carried them out. That is the intelligence we have with a high confidence level which monitored the attack on radar, then all the civilians - with a lot of children - began to flood and overwhelm the local medical facilities.

This wasn't a big drum role as we sent in special forces in the dozens verses a war being fought in the thousands on the ground.

So it remains a reality - as Russian warships move to apparently defend Assad - what is next?

Hillary Clinton is nowhere in sight and not a word has been spoken. Isn't this ironic. Not a syllable either from our ex-president Barack Obama who was going to keep involved.

As the knife sinks deeper with tales of spying and the abuse of power and information the major intelligent organizations have gone silent. To unmask those who were unmasked and after a few months of denial - to finally admit that Susan Rice requested the information and misused it - it is far worse than the Russian witch hunt which is still not providing any clear evidence of conspiracy.

It's a new game. And it is surely a game - despite all the somber reminders Russian could launch after we have a showdown off the coast of Syria. There has been news of ship movement by Russia for years.

One thing is clear. No nation respects or negotiates if the U.S. continued to pay protection money to terrorists and financed their operations with U.S. tax dollars in Iran.

The media is the media. Eventually they will learn what is news and what is not. It is certainly more interesting to read about Syria than an endless rant on a lost election.

It's over. There will not be a new election and Trump will not be impeached. In a world of truly vicious and unpredictable leaders like Kim  Jong-un who may have to duck and cover in the face and reality of military action by the U.S., it is a refreshing turn of events.

When Saddam Hussein launched missiles on Israel and some made it, it was a time to take action. George W. Bush and Tony Blair from the U.K. asked them to hold off until we could respond - it was a time when for the first time since J.F.K. and the Cuban missile standoff with Russia - the countries of the world respected the U.S. who took leadership and action to defeat a madman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/18/newsid_4588000/4588486.stm

It is a matter of time until Kim Jong-un lobs a missile into South Korea or even Japan. China was taking over the China Sea and claiming it and Russia was on its way to taking the Baltic a country at time to restore what was Mother Russia to its former power and united might.

I have sat back and watched all of this election craziness, and as a veteran and student of history, I see our military crippled and our Air Force now badly decaying struggling to keep up. We need to focus on immigration, jobs, and the economy. Certainly the stock market seems to favor the turns of events for the last 6 months.

We cannot afford to get behind on either military or cyber technology with Russian missiles that can now move through our radar and take out an area the size of Texas which a single bomber.

As for Trump - give the man credit. The Democrats have failed to support one single major change he has tried to do and the press until 72 hours ago and relentlessly aired false news and conspiracy nonsense worthy of Alex Jones - Prison Planet.

In medical training serving for the U.S. Army in Texas training at Ft. Sam Houston I learned the value of triage.  Treating the wounded that can be saved and go back to fight. Also learned about picking your battles. A clearly defined honed appropriate counter-strike shows wisdom.

IMHO

Medclinician

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 2:44am
What happens next will be a big key to the future.

Will there be more chemical weapon attacks?  If so then I expect wide spread bombings of all or most of Syrian airfields. 

But will Russia's offer to increase air defense cause casualties for the USA in the case of further raids, or will further raids kill Russian personnel?   -  Either case could lead to much more serious implications.

Even, if chemical weapons are not used, will there be more bombings of hospitals? And if so what sort of response might be expected.

So many areas where this might get out of hand.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 5:49am
did someone here mention Prison Planet and ALex Jones ?

Alex Jones: Syrian Chemical Attack Was 'False Flag' Trump Knew Was False

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/04/alex-jones-syrian-chemical-weapons-attack

Jones is one of Trump's STRONGEST supporters

interesting that the alt-right and more main stream right wingers have turned against Trump after this whole Syria thing
Ron Paul for example

HIGHLY likely that this whole thing is a FRAUD from start to finish
Assad isn't stupid
why lob a sarin gas shell knowing what the consequences would likely be
conventional explosives could have been used and NO ONE would have said anything about ANY of those deaths
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 6:03am

Kunstler: Bombs Away!

http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/kunstler-bombs-away

"

Close your eyes, click your heels three times, and tell me if you actually know what the ***** is happening in Syria. There’s an awful lot about the poison gas attack that doesn’t add up for the casual observer. It was only a week ago that the US enunciated a new policy that we would be content for Bashar al Assad to remain in power presiding over the Syrian government — after years of grousing and threats against him. Apparently Trump Central had concluded that Assad was a better alternative than another failed state in the Middle East with no government at all.

That policy change was a yuge benefit for Assad
The outstanding question remains: what might have possibly motivated Bashar al Assad to turn upside down a situation of great advantage to himself mere days after he achieved it? It will be interesting to see if a credible response emerges from the hall of mirrors that US policy has become."

yeah
inquiring minds wanna know !!!
"
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 6:19am

Pentagon Trained Syria’s Al Qaeda “Rebels” in the Use of Chemical Weapons

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Pentagon_Trained_Syria%E2%80%99s_Al_Qaeda_%E2%80%9CRebels%E2%80%9D_in_the_Use_of_Chemical_Weapons/57792/0/38/38/Y/M.html

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 10:35pm
The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons sent a team to Syria.    Established in 1997 and based in The Hague, the organization is charged with enforcing the Chemical Weapons Convention that bans such arms. 

As of last fall, it reported that 67,098 metric tons of chemical agents, or 90 percent of the world’s declared stockpile of 72,304 metric tons, had been “verifiably destroyed.”  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/world/middleeast/werent-syrias-chemical-weapons-destroyed-its-complicated.html?_r=0

Folks, it only takes a little bit of a nerve agent to put you down for good.  One pinhead-sized drop of VX is all it takes...

Apparently, Mr. Assad was keeping some in reserve, and I think it was naive to think he would do otherwise.  

Trump should have done something like the Israelis would have done = tried to locate Assad and kill him with a missile barrage, or decapitate his military high command.  

Blowing up an airfield is similar  to the "shooting a missile up a camel's butt" that Clinton did in Afghanistan.  

My concern now is that, since Assad is not neutralized, he can disperse nerve agents throughout the West and attack airports, subways etc. to cause mayhem.  I would. 

Be sure you know what the acronym SLUDGEM means, and keep your eyes on the news.  
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 11:53pm
Time to add atropine to our preps, Chuck? Ermm

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2017 at 12:42am
Make your own: deadly nightshade (atropa belladonna) - extraction by alcoholic tincture.
                                                                                                                                             Grow foxgloves too - (digitalis purpurea) they are the antidote if nightshade is overused. 

(Incidentally, foxgloves are themselves useful in cases of congestive heart failure.  But, being a source of digitalis easily prone to overdose - so, belladonna is the antidote there.  How neat is that?).................  And they look gorgeous in my garden.  I love my herbs!

Source:  CM Grieve "A Modern Herbal"
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2017 at 11:18am

Time to add atropine to our preps, Chuck? Ermm

You said it, I didn't!  Clap

Actually, I don't think so - nerve agents are best used in dense, urban environments, so they are a "one-off" event.  They could kill hundreds to thousands if applied properly (Super Bowl?), but they wouldn't spread like a biological agent (smallpox etc.) would. 

I'm most concerned that Kim Jong Un will put a nuke into a shipping container and send it to SF or LA harbor.  He doesn't need an ICBM to do that.  Taking out a major city like SF or LA would be a huge blow to the USA for sure.  
CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2017 at 5:22am
The question is whether China will preemptively strike North Korea or one we on the verge of a nuclear attack ordered by Kim Jong-un. These are dangerous waters we are sailing into. Is the U.S. prepared economically for another North Korean War?  Or would it actually trigger a China-U.S. partnership versus Russia?

North Korea does have the nuclear capability to target and perhaps hit Seoul in South Korea. Although we are setting up high tech defenses with the Thaad anti-missile system.

Medclinician CWN

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2017 at 5:28am
Are we on the verge of World War 3?

A high altitude burst of the Dong Feng 31-A would knock out a large part of the United States power grid. An even worse scenario is with the Dong Feng 5.  A massive reduction in the Chinese population would benefit them.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2017 at 5:59am
Despite massive arguing over Donald Trump and the flooding of the "Not the Real News" media, is it safe to run the country like a business?

Perhaps not. Donald Trump's recent move into the world stage with the bold move of bombing Syria over a serious horrific use of chemical weapons on children has won him accolades of praise but bombing North Korea who could hit South Korea with a nuke and start the war - is serious. And a response from China is even more so.

The Dong Feng 31-A ICBM is a nightmare. Even more so the Dong Feng 5a. How bad would it be?

Very.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2017 at 7:03am
The attack on Syria was only the beginning. The U.S. has now become an active military force in the world. How far will this go? Will it lead us to World War 3?

It is clear that the U.S. is spending less time watching and more time acting than in the previous 8 years of the worst foreign policy in decades. It is clear the world is watching America and Trump who liked and hated by some demonstrates history is being made here. The question come to mind as the Romans lost their empire by fighting on too many fronts, can we afford to conduct so many wars in so many places. Yet the U.S. is the largest arms dealer in the world and perhaps many who sell weapons are saying – can we afford not to. Where will this all lead us? For now there is cheering in some places for a country that had become a follower rather than a leader on the world stage.

How will Russia and China react. Will they have more respect and try to work with us to end terrorism and rogue states which threaten both of them as well?  In the next few months – even weeks – I am sure we will know.

Medclinician GIM/CWN

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2017 at 3:23pm
Evacuation of Pyongyang has been ordered by Kim Jong-un. A big event for tomorrow - Easter - has been announced.

Why would he order people to leave the capital?

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

did someone here mention Prison Planet and ALex Jones ?

Alex Jones: Syrian Chemical Attack Was 'False Flag' Trump Knew Was False

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/04/alex-jones-syrian-chemical-weapons-attack

Jones is one of Trump's STRONGEST supporters

interesting that the alt-right and more main stream right wingers have turned against Trump after this whole Syria thing
Ron Paul for example

HIGHLY likely that this whole thing is a FRAUD from start to finish
Assad isn't stupid
why lob a sarin gas shell knowing what the consequences would likely be
conventional explosives could have been used and NO ONE would have said anything about ANY of those deaths

No one had done anything for 8 years and Assad has done this before. There are some many observers from several countries as well as radar which tracked the planes. More attacks were carried out after the first one and they have fixed their base and are still flying missions.

This of course goes far be beyond the attack in Syria. This is escalated to an attack in Afghanistan with MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) and Generals are asking for 100,000 - 150,000 ground troops for Syria.

Our generals have had their hands tied for a long time - especially in Afghanistan where it where remote bases did not have the people power to ensure their lives or security.

These were not  fake children or fake doctors.

There was a lot said when conventional weapons were used in the killing of children in Mosul.

There are some lines that should not be crossed. Targeting children with chemical weapons is one of them.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 3:33am
One thing is for certain. Kim Jong-un is taking the mobilization of what Donald Trump called an Armada being sent to South Korea, seriously. In the process of evacuating the capital Pyongyang. While the most recent nuclear test was a failure, still it is likely that an attack and successful nuke of Seoul would set off what could be a nuclear war.

Just as Trump prides himself on not giving away his strategies, China and Russia are not without the means or motivation to step in after the first nuke hits.

Things are very serious today -Sunday - Easter - 2017 April 16, 2017.  It is interesting in the past as many of the most powerful countries have been rattling sabers, but the U.S. has a powerful submarine fleet and enough nuclear arms to bury either country. One might remember that Russian had been conducting nuclear alert drill in Moscow.

This was not just for show.  There is a genuine concern that someone will launch a preemptive strike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preemptive_war

It is not uncommon for a country or leader to be talking negotiation and peace while preparing for all out war i.e. Hitler prior to the invasion of Poland which started World War II.

There is not a lot of posturing and if the North Korean endless dialog of threats is finally leading to a single irresponsible and danger attack, there will be war.

Ironically this conflict has nothing to do with Muslims or the Middle East except for huge amounts of technology coming from Iran and India.

Kim Jong-un is likely to be mentally ill. Unlike his father with a lot of talk, he may welcome a nuclear war which he cannot possibly win.

China is unlikely to sit back and watch this. Nor Russia. Once the birds have flown - the first nukes officially used in a conflict (some have been used secretly by Israel nuking a site in Palestine several years ago) things could escalate quickly.

The other options are that terrorists in place in the U.S. will get a go ahead to execute attacks in the wake of a conflict.

Most people are immune to the panic after World War 2 with bomb shelters and pending disaster worries. Too many movies and decades of no reality have made people forget what could happen.

As Russian ships head for the coast of Syria and there has been talk of sending ground troops to fight in Syria - it is disturbing the "Putting America First" has been forgotten. We are again becoming the police force of the world acting with some consent of our allies and yet in the face of what could be a war.

One can hope this is but another false alarm, but it appears to be a collision course which will involve American in far worse - a South Korean Vietnam which we cannot pull back from.

Medclinician

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 6:57am
Not that Trump needs to do much.  The North Koreans are making a mess of it all by themselves

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Not that Trump needs to do much.  The North Koreans are making a mess of it all by themselves

It would appear that we took out that missile with a cyber attack. This has not been denied and it is likely to have succeeded. One of the nastiest bits of work against Iran was sabotaging their nuclear centrifuges.

https://www.wired.com/2010/11/stuxnet-sabotage-centrifuges/

In Jaws "It's no longer safe to go near the water"

Now - "There is no privacy in cyberspace. A modestly talented hacker can even get into some of the most sophisticate defense areas including the accounts of Hillary Clinton and top members of the government.

Medclinician

The war in the world of the media in in bombs. The reality of stopping nuclear missiles and advanced jets in cyberspace - for they are run by computers.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 7:17am
posted yesterday -

Things are very serious today -Sunday - Easter - 2017 April 16, 2017.  It is interesting in the past as many of the most powerful countries have been rattling sabers, but the U.S. has a powerful submarine fleet and enough nuclear arms to bury either country. One might remember that Russian had been conducting nuclear alert drill in Moscow.

Are the Russians reading my posts here?  Quite possibly.

April 17, 2017 today -

https://www.rt.com/news/385023-us-allies-north-korea-reaction/https://www.rt.com/news/385023-us-allies-north-korea-reaction/

Allies of the US have joined Washington’s saber-rattling towards Pyongyang as Vice-President Mike Pence said America has run out of “strategic patience” towards North Korea.

The words resonated in Japan and South Korea, both of which share the US’ hardline stance on the North Korean issue. Key US ally in the region, Japan, said it is considering preparations for a flow of refugees and evacuation of Japanese nationals from the Korean Peninsula in case of an escalation.

“The Trump administration has been clear they won't be taking the ‘strategic patience’ and all options are on the table in order to tackle the problem, which is something our country approves,” Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told parliament on Monday.

“We are consistently thinking and preparing for situations where Japanese residents on the Korean Peninsula will need to be protected or evacuated.”

comment: Of course the media comments on most anything, regardless of which media (some more than others) can not be totally trusted. Yet, in some ways this is reminiscent of Lawrence of Arabia sitting down with the Bedouins (devout Muslims)  before their attack on Akaba.

https://www.cliohistory.org/thomas-lawrence/akaba/

"El Lawrence" as the Bedouin called him was one tough guy.

http://www.bedawi.com/Bedouin_Culture_EN.html

He would hold his hand over a burning flame to test his resistance to pain and was a fierce leader to a people who many of the Westerners oblivious to any part of Arabian culture did not understand.

Weakness is a fault. One does not negotiate until one must because the other side is about to win. Only if their is a chance, agreements may be made, but will be ignored.

So, one wonders. What are world leaders thinking as El Trump has got on his horse and is symbolically charging across the desert?

I can tell you.

What will happen? Will this work? And the question is - will it?

It has been said in history and in life, when everything you have tried will not work - it is time to try the unthinkable or at least something not on your list - or on your list of "I never would do that".

The question of course - Russia moved with a sizable display of military and decision into Syria. They asked no one permission or consulted anyone. They just did it. And when they did they took the helm of power in a continued effort to take back  the Baltic states which were lost and establish a Russia which has caught up technologically and has some of the best fighter jets and missile - especially nuclear - in the world.

Leaders - especially generals - must act with precision - but most of all - do some definite for the world to see. Not just sit around a negotiating table with Iran trying to end them developing nuclear weapons. Not going to happen. Same with North Korea. A peaceful solution would be better - but Kim Jong-un is not going to give up his nuclear toys - ever. It would mean giving up power. It would mean a United Korea. What would that mean to the people?

Prosperity - security - a powerful peaceful nation?

Perhaps so. Will Trump order an attack on North Korea? They seem to think so.

looking at  the 8-Ball as the message comes in view...

"Signs point to yes."

Yet, keeping this thought in mind - it is the very idea that he would - whether than he does - which brings us that much closer to peace and for the Chinese to take steps to handle what by honor, they should take care of.  China is also a business - one of the largest in the world - and an alliance with the U.S. and growing trade would help. Why not? Isn't about time we tried something different than demonizing nations versus dealing with them or else ...

Medclinician

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 6:06am
https://www.cnet.com/news/donald-trump-alec-baldwin-tweets-may-lead-to-end-of-world-on-snl/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CNETAsiaStories+%28CNET+Asia+Stories%29#ftag=CAD590a51e

Well in typical Fox News style we see a post of Donald Trump telling Vice-President Pence by Monday (yesterday) he might be out of a job.

Of course in parentheses is (SNL) who probably less than 50% of the readers know what is it is. This turns out to be Saturday Night Live with Alec Baldwin during his "Trump impersonation". SNL has had a party doing Trump to a not-at-sometimes-laughing hoard of the far-left conservatives  most not waiting for the Second-Coming - but a new election after 5 months of denial.

The election is over.  Not for Fox - CNN- Washington Post or New York Times. It is painful for them to report anything positive about the current administration and even if there finally is peace after some hard choices and a huge boom in the U.S. and World Economy - they won't be happy about it.

Why?

Months after I have been posting "The Real News" CWN - now going into years - President Trump continues correctly commenting on the blatant "fake news".

He is right. With boldface lies, sources that really don't exist, most of it is unreadable and the continued drone of anti-Trump versus the "Real News" still is boring.

Protestors demanding see tax returns. A dismal defeat as the supreme court justice , Neil Gorsuch,
was confirmed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/us/politics/neil-gorsuch-supreme-court.html

He may order a military strike on North Korea. They certainly are in place to do it.

Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 6:50am
10 of Trump's Biggest Broken Promises from His First 100 Days in Office

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/10-trumps-biggest-broken-promises-form-his-first-100-days-office

and Trump has other problems
the March jobs report shows less than 100K jobs created
previous months showed over 200K each month
but I guess he has another of his famous "secret plans" to deal with that !!!

if anyone needs any more evidence of Trump's FAILURES
just let me know
the list is ENDLESS

RESIST !!!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 6:57am

The retail apocalypse is creating a 'slow-rolling crisis' that is rippling through the US economy

http://www.businessinsider.com/retail-job-losses-are-hurting-the-economy-2017-4

coal mining jobs-buh bye and not coming back

manufacturing jobs-buh bye and not coming back

and now service worker type jobs disappearing by the tens of thousands

calling Donald

calling Mr Donald Trump

please pick up the white courtesy phone

hmm

no answer

must be at Mar a Lago  playing golf AGAIN LOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 7:04am
the TRUMP ECONOMY

Factory Output Tumbles In March - This Has Never Happened Outside Of Recession

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-18/factory-output-tumbles-march-has-never-happened-outside-recession

the first month Trump was in office

the economy created over 200K jobs

Trump IMMEDIATELY claimed credit for that

is he gonna take RESPONSIBILITY for this ?

he had better get busy

the deck chairs on the Titanic need rearranging BADLOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 11:41am
whoopsie !!!

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/18/1654087/-Wrong-Way-Trump-manages-to-misplace-an-entire-carrier-group-while-playing-tough-guy

GPS must be on the fritz?
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 12:04pm
LOL  Oh God!!!  Please save us from the stupid politicians.  -  All of them.

Hubby just asked: "Couldn't we get Bush (junior) to give him a geography lesson?"

To which I reply:  "Don't give any politicians any clues.  Next up Dim-Pong-Ill will be nicking his enemy's rocket engineers.  Thankfully there are no more Verner Von Brauns to help the N Koreans out."  Evil Smile
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 5:00am
Once more, there is a lot to be said for having a new person and a new approach to the world situation. 8 years of bad foreign policy, constant lies coming from the White House and no final justice for any on it. No one went to jail for lying to the American people over and over and even caught at it multiple times.

Obama receive the Pinocchio award for perhaps more falsehoods than any other president in U.S. History.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/19/washington-post-catalogues-the-biggest-lies-obama-ever-told/

The Washington Post marked the end of the Obama administration with a list Thursday that likely didn’t please the outgoing president’s supporters.

For the last five years, the Post has made its political Fact Checker a staple of the publication. Ranked by “Pinocchios,” contenders receive one Pinocchio for a little lie and can earn up to four Pinocchios for the most outrageous of fibs.

Though the Post ran its trademark Fact Checker during President Barack Obama’s first campaign, it wasn’t until 2011 that it became a fixture there, so admittedly the publication missed some blatant dishonesty.

But the newspaper has fact-checked more than 250 statements made by the current president. On his last full day in office, the Post published a catalogue of Obama’s 10 biggest lies.

comment: Ironically this is the same Washington Post that despises Trump or at least publishes a constant barrage of slammer news stories about him.

Yet bring out the Pinocchio meter and let's see...

Included on the list, unsurprisingly, was Obama’s statement to the American public while rallying for Congress to pass his signature health-care legislation, Obamacare: “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.”

“If you like your health-care plan, you can keep it”
This memorable promise by Obama backfired on him in 2013 when the Affordable Care Act went into effect and at least 2 million Americans started receiving cancellation notices. As we explained, part of the reason for so many cancellations is because of an unusually early (March 23, 2010) cutoff date for grandfathering plans — and because of tight regulations written by the administration. So the uproar could be pinned directly on the administration’s own actions.

Another whopper was Obama’s claim that all but 10 percent of the federal deficit was due to former President George W. Bush’s policies. Pushing back against criticisms of running up the deficit at an unparalleled rate with stimulus packages and bailouts, Obama made this claim during his 2012 campaign.

“90 percent of the budget deficit is due to George W. Bush’s policies”
During the 2012 campaign, Obama repeatedly reminded voters that he became president during a grim economic crisis. But he went too far when he claimed that only 10 percent of the federal deficit was due to his own policies. About half of the deficit stemmed from the recession and forecasting errors, but a large chunk (44 percent in 2011) were the result of Obama’s actions. At another point, Obama also falsely suggested that the Bush tax cuts led to the Great Recession.

And throughout Obama’s two terms in office, he has been quick to dismiss clear acts of terrorism — using phrases like “workplace violence” or blaming a YouTube video for an attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The Post also included his categorization of the Benghazi attack as “an act of terror” and his reference to ISIS as a “JV team.”

“The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism”
Obama did refer to an “act of terror” in the immediate aftermath of the 2012 Benghazi attacks, but in vague terms, wrapped in a patriotic fervor. He never affirmatively stated that the American ambassador died because of an “act of terror.” Then, over a period of two weeks, given three opportunities in interviews to affirmatively agree that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack, the president obfuscated or ducked the question. So this was a case of taking revisionist history too far for political reasons.

“I didn’t call the Islamic State a ‘JV’ team”
In 2014, Obama repeated a claim, crafted by the White House communications team, that he was not “specifically” referring to the Islamic State terror group when he dismissed the militants who had taken over Fallujah as a “JV squad.” But The Fact Checker obtained the previously unreleased transcript of the president’s interview with the New Yorker, and it’s clear that’s who the president was referencing.

But the Post did leave out some key falsehoods recited by Obama over the years. Here are a few:

“Over the past eight years, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully executed an attack on our homeland that was directed from overseas.”

Playing a semantics game, Obama misrepresented the fact that there have been many terrorist attacks carried out on American soil by those with ties to foreign terrorist organizations. In fact, in the case of the 2009 Fort Hood shooting in Killeen, Texas, Major Nidal Hasan murdered 14 people on the military base while shouting “allahu akbar” and was shown to be in direct contact with Al Qaeda terrorist leader Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack.

ISIS themselves also claimed responsibility for a 2015 attack in Garland, Texas, when two men were taken down by police officers after they shot up a community center hosting a Muhammad cartoon contest.

Over the last eight years, there were even more terrorist-related attacks in the country, including the San Bernardino attack, Boston Marathon attack, and a 2009 Little Rock, Arkansas, attack when Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad shot two soldiers at a military recruiting station. Muhammad also had ties to al-Qaeda.

“Let me say this as plainly as I can: by Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end.”

Obama claimed that combat operations would be finished by 2010 and later took credit for ending U.S. combat in Iraq. But his own former Defense Secretary Robert Gates disputed that in 2016, the White House did a “disservice” to troops by engaging in word games.

“I think that it is incredibly unfortunate not to speak openly about what’s going on,” Gates told MSNBC. “American troops are in action, they are being killed, they are in combat. And these semantic backflips to avoid using the term combat is a disservice to those who are out there putting their lives on the line.”

“We have not had a major scandal in my administration.”

Obama sidestepped the comprehensive list of scandals that plagued his tenure as president. These scandals include but are not limited to: the Operation Fast and Furious gun walking scandal, the IRS scandal involving IRS workers intentionally targeting Tea Party organizations, and his own Secretary of State Hillary Clinton using a private email server.

comment: Moving along to the action being taken by Trump versus a disastrous Obama 8 years, we have a press that has basically been color-blind in reverse. It is as sure as if Hillary had been male - none of her nonsense would have been tolerated, if Obama was a WASP (white Anglo Saxon Protestant) he would have never made it to the primaries. The charisma was based on race, not ability and like a woman in love with a unfaithful boyfriend and abused, much of America kept making excuses because they wanted a Black president in office.

The Midwest middle class and the northern industrial states are fed up with special programs and schools by race versus ability.

We are Americans.  Despite gender, race, or religion we should be treated equally. No bar should be lowered in education which is destroying the quality and level of our teachers and students.

It is time end the payback for the sins of our fathers back 5 generations and realize slavery is over and equal opportunity is still the best its been in history.

While the disabled and mentally and physically challenged should be taken care of and helped to find jobs, most of America should go back to work and become part of the infrastructure that is being so drained.

No one should be persecuted, but when we are more interested in finding bathrooms for transsexuals and giving more power to gays and LGBT than our national defense or economy - there is a real problem in America.

It is time to stop worrying about color being a factor in electing our leaders and having to do a count as in movies and advertising so as to appeal to particular races in ads.

We are Americans. Yet, we cannot isolate ourselves from the world and their problems become ours as the poor response to terrorist threats since 9-11 have weakened our military and the world view of the credibility and strength of America.

We do need to take some national pride in our own nation versus bringing national pride in foreign nations when people now live here. We do not need haters of America in the U.S. and they should be screened out during legal immigration.

So - it was time for a change. I believe we should not discriminate against anyone, on the other hand, we should stop trying to increase the power of any racial group or religion. People should be free to worship as they please and this freedom should be extended to schools to pray or not pray as they choose.

8 years of lies and ineffective government. A health plan that was a disaster and none dared to tell the Emperor he was naked. 

Trump is impulsive and while Captain Kirk in Star Trek was idolized for the ability to make quick decision and win many a battle, we can look at Pence as a Spock - who is down to earth and more focused and perhaps much more active than vice-presidents in the past.

In my lead up post coming - irony of irony - Trump may bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. People are getting together and ready to take action against a rogue Kim Jong-un who is likely to order a nuclear strike on Seoul. We are still in a state of high alert. The problem is not over.

With prosperity in America and people working, busy, and the family on the rise verses all the life styles of single mom's deserted by husbands, things could get better.

Sometime carrying a big stick is necessary. The world was laughing at the U.S. Much of them thought America was weak and confused and had no idea what they were doing.  It nearly destroyed our country.

We were the victim of surveys which were blatant lies cooked up by the media. Surveys which told us Hillary was a lot more popular than she was and tried to fix the election ahead of time.

Billions were sent to support terrorists in Iran. No effective change was made in Iran's rush to send troops all over the Middle East and develop nuclear weapons.

Trump could set off a war. We have avoided war since North Korea and now it has come back to haunt us. Yet, it must be resolved. Sometimes your enemy must at least believe you are willing to do the unthinkable, and act in a way he cannot deal with and has not predicted. That is called be a good leader and especially a good general. That is what wins battles versus indecision which ends in dismal defeat.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 5:20am
let me distill it out for you

governments LIE

ALL governments

Republicans LIE
Democrats LIE

anyone who has studied any history at all knows this

Trump is carrying on in this "fine tradition"
he's NO different than the rest
his first 90 days have PROVEN this

he's just the Republican version of the "hopey,changey ,dopey" thingy

to Trump supporters
good luck with all that "seed money" you've sent to those TV evangelists
and let us know when you have your ocean front lot just outside of Tucson paid for
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 5:22am
Back in CWN and GIM and Independent media versus the near garbage we are fed on the mainstream. It has not improved. They have not learned any lessons and still are pandering to the extreme left and creating news and getting the view volume for their advertising.

The paper tigers of conspiracy theories when our real enemies are those who take advantage of a system and do not give anything back to America.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_tiger

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 6:14am
Trump is not stupid.  He is in fact very bright, perhaps not all that well educated, but extremely clever nonetheless.  His manipulative rise to power proves that.

However the office of president requires more than just brains.  It also requires: stamina, restraint and the hide of a rhinoceros - an armor wearing one at that.

He has the stamina...............
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 12:13pm
Why do I feel a Swastika should be on the wall over Kim Jong-un in this film. We have come a long way since Hitler talked peace and invaded Poland. Now this one is talking war, could blow up Seoul and may not care in most of the people he governs dies. This is called reality break. It is psychosis and it is dangerous.

A lot of extender non-benders demonstrating the length of their big sticks. Ever since I mentioned saber waving we now have an upraised sword to the sky - am I missing an innuendo here? 

I still don't think anyone has a real grasp here of the effect of a 1 megaton bomb on a major city except maybe those in military who have done the math and know how bad it it will be.

The flights near Alaska aren't for show. They are drills and tests in case they decide to attack. People still do not get the concept - you cannot unbomb a city with nuclear weapon.

For those who missed this - we are closer to a nuclear war than we have been since the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 12:30pm
Summing up the current situation. Are we on the verge of World War 3?

Medclinician

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Medclinician Medclinician wrote:

Once more, there is a lot to be said for having a new person and a new approach to the world situation. 8 years of bad foreign policy, constant lies coming from the White House and no final justice for any on it. No one went to jail for lying to the American people over and over and even caught at it multiple times.

All true.  However, I did enjoy how Obama deployed Predator drones armed with Hellfire missiles with regularity.  He did blow up a lot of bad guys real good!  
CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 6:31am
The media is off on a tangent again and misreporting the news. It is amazing to watch them twist, bend, and mutilate the truth.

One thing that was missed in today rant about the fact the Carl Vinson  was heading towards Australia and not North Korea is the fact there is no confirming evidence this is true.

There is no way for them to know what subs are headed for North Korea which are the backbone of our nuclear launch capability. They can park offshore and in 12 minutes wipe out Pyongyang which is the capital of North Korea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyongyang

North Korea is developing over a hundred missiles within the next 3 years and may now have the capability to put a nuclear warhead on several and wipe out Seoul, South Korea.

Also, hasn't it been stated - we are not going to tell our enemies exactly what we are doing? There are going to take the media and give them information that will be dangerous to our national security about troop or ship movements.

If I were Trump - and that is a scary thought - I would let the media run with the attacks and reroute the ship - if not already for North Korea. Logically - why in the world would it be going to Australia?

Also

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-sending-two-warships-to-japan-to-counter-north-korea/

TOKYO - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel delivered a two-pronged warning to Asia Pacific nations Sunday, announcing that the U.S. will send two additional ballistic missile destroyers to Japan to counter the North Korean threat, and saying China must better respect its neighbors.

In unusually forceful remarks about China, Hagel drew a direct line between Russia's takeover of Ukraine's Crimea region and the ongoing territorial disputes between China, Japan and others over remote islands in the East China Sea.

This is not Trump. It is our U.S. Defense Secretary and I doubt he lied about this. Is Fox, CNN, and the rest of mainstream oblivious to the truth?

They need a new wicker-man to burn in public effigy on their eternal effort to get Trump impeached and put Hillary or even Obama back in. Those who think that the old-guard from the last administration is not still calling the shots in many way to huge group in the private sector are wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man

What still continues is a relentless witch-hunt to somehow find yet another sensational story to undo the good being done in a world stage in terms of  drama and a chanting crowd watching Trump in wiker-man of their building burn to death.

The reality is it is unlikely that the South Korean president said or meant "We cannot trust America anymore".

American troops, massive military, and the deployment of the THAAD anti-missile system is the only thing that have kept over 1.5 million ground troops from wiping out South Korea.

Get it together mainstream.

“Our deployment has been extended 30 days to provide a persistent presence in the waters off the Korean Peninsula,” Rear Adm. Jim Kilby, commander of Carrier Strike Group One, said in a message posted on the Carl Vinson’s Facebook page and addressed to “families and loved ones” of the personnel on board.

comment: They are headed for North Korea. 

The two additional ships would bring the total to seven U.S. ballistic missile defense warships in Japan, and it continues U.S. efforts to increase its focus on the Asia Pacific.

comment: considering the fire-power of these ships which is enough to level Pyongyang - Kim Jong-un despite his birthday U.S. film nuking the U.S. fun, has a problem.

The ships serve as both defensive and offensive weapons. They carry sophisticated systems that can track missile launches, and their SM-3 missiles can zero in on and take out short- to medium-range missiles that might be fired at U.S. or allied nations. They can also carry Tomahawk cruise missiles, which can be launched from sea and hit high-value targets or enemy weapons systems from afar, without risking pilots or aircraft.

comment: The reality is the real threat is underwater and has nothing to do with missiles launched from land bases.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/12/north-korea-submarine-threat-is-another-worry.html

A nuclear attack threat from a North Korean submarine is one of the nightmare scenarios facing Japan and South Korea.

The chilling thought of North Korea's fully submersible submarines firing a nuclear ballistic missile isn't as far-fetched as some might think. Pyongyang has made major advances in weapons in recent years and shown a willingness to use its submarines for offensive military actions.

Indeed, last month was the seventh anniversary of the sinking of South Korea's Cheonan navy ship by a North Korean submarine torpedo attack. That aggression killed 46 sailors and wasn't the first time the reclusive North had made incursions into South Korean waters.

The submarine threat adds to growing fears in the region as North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's nuclear weapons ambitions show no signs of slowing. It also comes as a U.S. carrier strike force led by the USS Carl Vinson sailed toward the Korean Peninsula.

comment: So while we still move to a possible world war set off in North Korea as Kim Jong-un launches a missile from a sub - get out the popcorn - the far left have gathered around the Fox and CNN webpages on their smart phones to chant "Trump told a lie" - "Trump told a lie"and hope to watch him burn him once again in the mainstream media.

Medclinician

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 9:26am

The media is off on a tangent again and misreporting the news. It is amazing to watch them twist, bend, and mutilate the truth.

One thing that was missed in today rant about the fact the Carl Vinson  was heading towards Australia and not North Korea is the fact there is no confirming evidence this is true.

Erm...

Logically - why in the world would it be going to Australia?

The Carl Vinson was scheduled to take part in annual joint US-Chinese-Australian exercises. General Mattis initially announced at a press conference on April 11th that it wouldn't be taking part as planned, but the Pentagon has since corrected him, saying the ship's planned port visit to Fremantle, Australia, was canceled - not the exercise with Australia's navy. Whether that changes again is anyone's guess, because nobody seems to be talking to each other. The only thing I see twisting and bending is the administration as it tries to dig itself out of a public relations blunder of potentially epic proportions.

The problem with Trump announcing an armada is on it's way without mentioning the fact that it's taking the scenic route (the Navy's picture dated April 15th passing south through Indonesia's Sundra Strait puts it 3300 miles from the Korean Peninsular to the north) is that it makes his threats look somewhat empty. The South Korean media are already dubbing it the "Carl Vinson Lie", and questioning Trump's ability to handle the situation.

The other thing is whether you're going to categorize his actions as strong and forceful, or covert and calculated. You can't announce a carrier group is going to sit off the North Korean coast as a signal to Pyongyang, then say it's prudent to keep it's presence and location under wraps. A secret finger in the air doesn't work - it has to be one or the other. This is just another example of an administration with no idea how to handle a complex and dangerous world. Real estate deals (even the bad ones Trump is known for) don't prepare you for the world stage.

Med - if you decide you're not going to believe any media outlet but your own, it leaves your list of sources pretty thin.

http://www.navy.mil/view_image.asp?id=235255

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2017 at 1:03pm

Erm...

Logically - why in the world would it be going to Australia?

The Carl Vinson was scheduled to take part in annual joint US-Chinese-Australian exercises. General Mattis initially announced at a press conference on April 11th that it wouldn't be taking part as planned, but the Pentagon has since corrected him, saying the ship's planned port visit to Fremantle, Australia, was canceled - not the exercise with Australia's navy. Whether that changes again is anyone's guess, because nobody seems to be talking to each other. The only thing I see twisting and bending is the administration as it tries to dig itself out of a public relations blunder of potentially epic proportions.

The problem with Trump announcing an armada is on it's way without mentioning the fact that it's taking the scenic route (the Navy's picture dated April 15th passing south through Indonesia's Sundra Strait puts it 3300 miles from the Korean Peninsular to the north) is that it makes his threats look somewhat empty. The South Korean media are already dubbing it the "Carl Vinson Lie", and questioning Trump's ability to handle the situation.

The other thing is whether you're going to categorize his actions as strong and forceful, or covert and calculated. You can't announce a carrier group is going to sit off the North Korean coast as a signal to Pyongyang, then say it's prudent to keep it's presence and location under wraps. A secret finger in the air doesn't work - it has to be one or the other. This is just another example of an administration with no idea how to handle a complex and dangerous world. Real estate deals (even the bad ones Trump is known for) don't prepare you for the world stage.

Med - if you decide you're not going to believe any media outlet but your own, it leaves your list of sources pretty thin.

http://www.navy.mil/view_image.asp?id=235255

In my earlier post the info was from a user who is in the fleet on Facebook as their ship heads towards North Korea. The media I choose not to believe many times is CNN, FOX, Washington Post, and New York Times.
I am drawing from a vast store of millions of independent media sources including posts from people either at the scene or near it. I have been doing this for ten years - during the Pandemic talking to New Yorkers when the CDC was reporting 20,000 cases of flu and there were more than 500,000 - 1,000,000. It has been a consistent pattern of the mainstream - i.e. during the Ebola outbreak when they were denying the problem and I posted independent videos from inside of Africa with a reporter going into a village and talking to the dying people.

Mainstream is far more focused on fun with Trump than national security or national defense. As was stated multiple times - giving the precise location of any ship would be a breach of national security.

The mainstream is in a constant mode of playing "gotcha" and I also have reports of Russian and Chinese spy planes and other vessels following the Carl Vinson.

Let me update you -

The real news - this looks an Armada to me - forget CNN and FOX - welcome to the real world.

Medclinician

The independent news video - thank you Dahboo7
as you said "What you are not seeing in this picture is what is underwater- the subs and what is in the air - out of sight."

Published on Apr 22, 2017

and 51 minutes ago - just up on the net

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2017 at 1:29pm

I am drawing from a vast store of millions of independent media sources including posts from people either at the scene or near it.

So are the rest of us, including Jacksdad, Med.  The internet is open to all.  

What makes "fake news" is that, on said internet, anything can be posted without credentials, censor or censure.  Mainstream  Media, on the other hand, whilst it does have independent agendas, needs some credibility for its sources.  Generally many of those sources are "at hand" for the unfolding news.  

Not all mainstream news is accurate.  Not much internet news is accurate.  You need more incredulity here, not less.
                                                                                                                                                                                          Now, if I could just take my own medicine, things would be wonderful.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2017 at 4:44am
its all bulls..t,

believe nothing on the internet,

believe noone you dont know personally,even then?????

watched GOT trust no one lol,

they all out to get ya....

me Paranoid......nah....lolEvil Smile

until a bomb drops or your nieghbours start dropping dead of something or other......

KEEEP CALM AND CARRY ON......

or DONT WORRY BE HAPPY......Wink
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 2:23pm
It would appear that China may step in to resolve the crisis. President Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping  appear to have a meeting of the minds with Trump saying Xi is a good man.

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/trump-praises-xi.php

US President Donald Trump is continuing to say very, very nice things about his new BFF and history teacher, Chinese President Xi Jinping. During a wide-ranging interview with Reuters on Thursday, Trump had this to say about how Xi was helping to deal with the North Korea crisis:

I believe he is trying very hard. He certainly doesn’t want to see turmoil and death. He doesn’t want to see it. He is a good man. He is a very good man and I got to know him very well.

With that being said, he loves China and he loves the people of China. I know he would like to be able to do something, perhaps it's possible that he can’t.

Trump also said that was a "chance" of a "major, major" conflict breaking out with North Korea, but added that he preferred to try to work out a solution peacefully and diplomatically.

comment: It is time to stop demonizing China. The West needs to become aware of the huge cultural differences and the fact that to those in Asia - honor and being dishonored are perhaps of even greater importance.

If Kim Jong-un were in Cuba and the Chinese had a force of hundreds of thousands in Cuba - and destroyers and battleships in route to face off - perhaps we would have a better understanding of the threat of a unified Korea off the Chinese coast.

As we drew the line (John F. Kennedy) in the Cuban Missile crisis, some lines need to be drawn. We cannot allow or have nuclear weapons to be used on South Korea and kill perhaps 20 million people and then launch an army of 1.2 million into South Korea.

Any out there who understands the meaning of apocalypse religious or otherwise, can see this flashpoint could start World War 3.

What we need right now is common sense and intelligence. We need prosperity and alliances rather than hiding when we need to take action. Yet, it is the action which has been taken that may lead to better relations and finally peace.

One can hope so. A peaceful solution and let China take care of their own backyard.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2017 at 5:58am
Looks like someone is reading my posts. Yesterday -
"comment: It is time to stop demonizing China. The West needs to become aware of the huge cultural differences and the fact that to those in Asia - honor and being dishonored are perhaps of even greater importance."

President Donald Trump said Friday that North Korea’s failed missile launch had “disrespected” China’s president.

Personally I think the admin should read my posts. I am too old to ever run for president although Trump is older than I am. On Facebook people say -
If someone changes their status from "In a Relationship" to "It's Complicated", expect them to be "Single" and "Looking for Random Play" soon.

And that is what the situation between China in North Korea is. The honeymoon is over and another missile launch today just moved things into more complicated.

No one has ever asked the question - why are we in South Korea in the first place?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2011/05/03/why-u-s-troops-still-in-korea/#7768df6c5c92

This is a complete opposite from "putting America first" as opposed to policing the planet. South Korea is one of the wealthiest nations with a huge high tech economy. It would seem the presence of so many forces on China's door step is a thinly veiled ruse to just keep troops near China.

If South Korea fell it would be a huge humanitarian loss but it would not effect the U.S. on a global scale. The divided Korea was a Dr. Strangelove playtoy of the cold war by the U.S. and Russian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove

However we cannot ignore Syria as the previous administration did. 65% of Americans by one poll believe we should bomb it even more.

Realities are there was another missile launch by North Korea and it exploded. Looks like they are losing the war in cyberspace. Seems rather odd two missiles have exploded in a row minutes after takeoff. Is it  logical to assume the North Korean tech is so bad?  Probably not. And there has been no comment from our intelligence in the U.S.  as to whether their hands were in the missile cookie jar at launch time.

China will not freak out if we launch an attack on Kim Jong-un established nuclear development centers. A surgical strike - not on civilians would be unlikely to lead to Chinese intervention.

Yet hundreds of big guns are posed to hit Seoul. These guns would be hard to take out and could deal a lot of damage.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/north-korea-population/

25 million people.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/north-korea-population/
Most of them would probably die in a nuke and it is like 35 miles from the border
http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/SEOUL-lives-life-on-the-edge-Just-35-miles-from-2557590.php
and they would have 10 minutes to prepare.
https://nuclear-news.net/2017/04/26/just-10-minutes-to-prepare-for-a-north-korean-nuclear-attack-japans-government-says/
 As we talked of nukes from a sub off the coast of San Francisco and roughly 9 minutes to flee - seems an exercise in futility.

Hillary in her classic blunder divulging and endangering our national security said 4 minutes from presidential order to response.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/clinton-reveals-americas-nuclear-response-time-in-the-middle-of-final-debate/

So Kim Jong-un launched his modified Scud which exploded and the Chinese are disrespected. This is a far cry from an all out nuclear holocaust in response to bad boy Kim Jong-un demonstration they will not stop.

Another pawn pushed and the world watches to see if it will be ignored...

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2017 at 6:15am
The main stream media are playing this down. This is serious. Should the U.S. launch an attack as the administration has promised to do if this happened? "Has the United States sabotaged yet another North Korean ballistic missile test?"

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 4:55pm
There has been a launch of a ballistic missile from North Korea that completed a successful flight and traveled over 450 miles. This is a far cry from a few minutes and demonstrates their ability to likely deliver a nuclear ICBM not only to South Korea but to Japan as well.

Nothing has gotten better in this crisis and we are no better position than we have been for weeks. The media can barely keep up are more wrapped up in "not the real news" than ever.

We are also having Russian fighters within 20 feet of our aircraft in the Black Sea as well as with 70 miles of The U.S. Carl Vincent and their group.

Just because the media is more after dollars than national security concern - doesn't mean things are okay. They are not.

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic