Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

April Prepping 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April Prepping 2017
    Posted: April 07 2017 at 7:45pm
April prepping is a bit late on getting posted and I'm not sure why, I've been here everyday and today I'm thinking "oh it's April" lol. This weekend I'm going to buy some veggie plants, not much, just jalapenos and tomatoes. It's already in the 70's and 80's here during the day. I need to figure what type of fruit trees to add this year. Each year I've been adding, I've got 1 peach, 2 plum, 3 apple.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 2:32am
I've started the seeds for the greenhouse plants (two types of tomatoes and yellow pepper).  A few more seedlings need to come up!

Not yet planted outside, as the nights here are still frosty, and I haven't prepared the vegetable beds yet (must do that this month).

I have put in an order for four or five Sea Buckthorn - high vitamin containing yellow fruit (long prickly spikes on branches). It is supposed to thrive on poor soil and at the top of the garden there is a section of very sandy and stoney moraine that seems too poor for the currant bushes I planted some years back (and which are barely hanging on to life) . 
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 1:22pm
We're in Autumn now, so I'm clearing out the summer veg and planting up some winter crops. My pumpkins are curing in the sun this weekend before they get stored away. The tomato plants are all hanging upside down in the greenhouse so the last tomatoes will ripen. 

Today I'm planting up 4 polystyrene boxes (free from the supermarket) with cut and come again lettuce. This should be enough to keep us in lettuce for the next 4 months. I've also harvested all the rhubarb yesterday and will bottle it today. It's a great time of year.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2017 at 7:17pm
I bought 4 plants today, 2 jalapeno, 1 habanero, 1 tomato. Hopefully I don't kill them. I really just went there to check out what they had, I had not intended on buying today cause I was going to look somewhere else tomorrow. I saw some blueberry bushes I would like to have.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2017 at 4:44pm
I was checking out my fruit trees a couple of days ago and my plum trees are loaded. This is the first year they have really produced. Peach tree is loaded. Leaves are coming out on the apple trees.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic