Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Battleground for power is in Cyberspace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Battleground for power is in Cyberspace
    Posted: April 17 2017 at 6:15am
As we watch attacks increasing by the U.S. military, the real battleground is in cyberspace. A worm or extreme virus can take down the Power Grid, missile sites, and nuclear power plants, even for what many has become a god - The Internet.

Was the North Korean missile that exploded taken out by malware?

The FBI, NSA, CIA, and anyone educated in programming will tell you this is possible. It is unlikely a rogue state will write the code. They will buy it. It circulates on a black market which even includes even some sacred tools of our own intelligence agenices which have leaked. In The Underground live the hackers and people who even Homeland Security has approached for help. These are the warriors in a world which did not really exist 50 years ago.

The collapse of the infrastructure is far likely to happen as was written -

"This is the way the world ends - not with a bang but a whimper"
T.S. Elliot

It began some 7 years ago - and has evolved a great deal since then.

https://www.wired.com/2010/11/stuxnet-sabotage-centrifuges/

In what appears to be the first confirmation that the Stuxnet malware hit Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Monday that malicious computer code launched by “enemies” of the state had sabotaged centrifuges used in Iran’s nuclear-enrichment program.

The surprise announcement at a press conference coincided with news that two of Iran’s top nuclear scientists had been ambushed Monday by assassins who killed one scientist and seriously injured the other.

comment: We have become soldiers - those of us who served and by some are now forgotten. Perhaps even as we end our lives we still can be of service to our countries and in our last days help to fight the most dangerous war of all - The First World War - in Cyberspace.

Medclinician

http://www.zerodaysfilm.com/

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 8:38am
With a massive cyber attack it appears more than ever I was correct in my assessment that the new battleground for a World War 3 - will be in cyberspace.

Anonymous - french - with English translation.

Medclinician

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 10:17am
Almost ten years ago I was talking to Kevin Mitnick on the phone.

http://www.takedown.com/bio/mitnick.html

He finally got to use a computer after being arrested for being a hacker - one of the best in the business. Finally they had let him start his own company and when I talked to him he would be taking a jet to the Mediterranean to help companies in Europe protect themselves against a cyber attack.

At the time we were concerned with the national security and vulnerability of of attack on the power grid by terrorists. He suggested I work with someone he knew called the Red Team with FBI observation to prove to them how vulnerable our nuclear power plants were. The appropriate connections were made and we were ready. This was not connected to the main grid but was used by a local institution and isolated.

I got a phone call.  Kevin said everything was called off. Government had gone in and removed all the plutonium and shut the plant down. There would be no test. They did not want it demonstrated how easily we could have a smiley face come up and say - your system is not secure.

Since then life has not exactly been easy. For almost 10 years I have been saying and at one time working to help protect our power grid.

Yet now, it is not explosives we have to worry about or Kevin's statement to me when the whole New York and circle grid to Canada collapsed "they said a squirrel caused it".

It wasn't a squirrel and the cascading shutdown which raced around the loop were a hint of how vulnerable it really was.

The are now malware in circulation that can shut down the grid. This story hit today through Fox, but we have known about this for a long time. North Korea, Iran, and some very dark players including China have developed new malevolent strains. I do not call them viruses or worms, but use a term called enfolding.

The Battleground is now in cyberspace. As we sabotaged (not me the current intelligence hackers) centrifuges in Iran to mess up their nuclear bomb development it did more damage than any bomb. It reached far into the mountain where they were building one.

We should be concerned because it is likely before anything is dropped or set off by enemies they will hit the grid.  Imagine a public with no communication and an EMP blast which would further shut down everything for a year.

This is yet another not if, but when. There was time when we worried about 6 terrorists with bombs made from manure which is untraceable picking key places on the gird and shutting down at least the East Coast.

It is much worse now. The hacking has got so sophisticated it is industrial grade which hits power plants thousands of times a day with little comment on how many get through. 

We spend more time worry about who molested who than our national security. The mainstream media has become National Enquirer while we need to focus on our real enemies.

I could not be part of the following operation - although I believe it is the same team Kevin suggested we work with.

We are more vulnerable than ever and more of us "old timers" need to be brought back in the fold to help do what we do best.

When not if - Not if but when - I lost my privacy a decade ago and it is likely there will be a historical attack in the near future.

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic